What is a pocket diaper?
- A pocket diaper is a diaper cover that has an opening sewn in for stuffing. They are made of a water proof outer layer and a stay dry inner layer. The two pieces are sewn together, leaving the pocket for stuffing.
- There are several different types of inserts out there for stuffing pocket diapers. There are cotton, hemp, micro-fiber and pre-folds just to list a few of the choices.
- You can customize the amount of stuffing needed.
- Come in velcro or snaps for closures.
- Sizes include newborn ( xs), small, medium, large and one sized ( OS ).
Pockets are widely available online, come in many different colors and prints. You can get pocket diaper very cheap from many different online coops.
Pockets make a good over night diaper since you can double stuff if your baby is a heavy wetter. I prefer using pockets with my toddlers. They rarely leak unless they have been left on for far to long.
- Cheaper then most AIOS diapers.
- No cover needed.
- Fast drying.
- Can be a trim diaper, depending on the amount of stuffing used.
- Can be unstuffed and used for a swim diaper.
- Inserts are cheap.
- The PUL can wear out after time.
- You have to remove the liner before washing, most can be shook out but sometimes you do have to touch it and pull out a wet liner.
- Not all pockets come with an insert. You may have to purchase them separately.
- If using a synthetic fiber, you may experience a build up. The build up can cause a stink issue and make the liner not adsorb as well. They can be stripped but stripping is a long process.