Being a mom of four children I have tried a lot of baby products. Some items I loved and there are some that I never would try again or recommend that anyone else used. Below is a list of the top ten items that have made my life so much easier.
1. Slings or baby carriers
- I have several different styles of baby carriers. I have been using them since my first was a newborn and I love them. When my son was a baby I was still working out of the house. I worked as a manager for my parent’s coffee house and luckily I was able to bring my son to work with me. Using the sling I was able to have him with me at all times while still doing my job. When my second child was born, she proved to be a very difficult child. The sling made it so I was able to do things still without having to listen to her cry. With my third I used it every time we went on a walk, that way I could have my older two in the double stroller. It was wonderful being able to take all three of my young kids on walk and feel like they were all safe. Now that I have my fourth child my sling is just my go to for everything, I have not used the stroller for once since she was born. She loves being in the sling, I love being able to carry her and have my hands free and most of all I love that I am able to discreetly nurse in public while walking around.
2. Cloth diapers
- I did not start using cloth diapers until my oldest was 21 months and my second was six months. The reason we switched was mostly due to the fact that our second child has very sensitive skin and she had a rash all the time. Her rashes would get so bad she would have open sores on her bottom and after trying ever brand of disposables out there we decided it was time to try something else. After switching, her rashes cleared up and she rarely got one after that. The other benefits of it, like saving a lot of money, were just icing on the cake. I have grown to really love cloth diapers, I love the cuteness and the variety of cloth.
3. A nice swing
- With my second child being a very challenging baby I needed to find something to give me a some peace. The swing is what did it. Once I got her to sleep, the swing would actually keep her asleep, giving me time to spend with my oldest. There are many different styles of swings out there. I personally liked the swings that swing side to side or front to back. When my kids are new babies they were always happier if they could swing side to side and once they got a bit older they liked it to swing back to back.
4. Soft soled shoes
- I love baby shoes, they are adorable. I love soft soled baby shoes even more because they are not only cute but they work. They stay on, they are comfortable for the child and they keep their feet warm. My two year old still would rather wear soft soled shoes over any other style of shoe, if you put her in tennies or hard sandals she will take them off the first time she gets the chance but if I put her soft soled shoes on her she will actually leave them alone.
5. Gowns, sleep sacks or cocoons
- These are so nice for middle of the night diaper changes. When you have a newborn and you are already sleep deprived it is nice to not have to worry about snapping or zipping a sleeper at three in the morning. I have a mix of the cotton sleep gowns and wool sleep sacks. Both of them are great, the cotton sleep gowns are nice since my newborn is a summer baby and right now it has been incredibly hot but on the few nights it has been a little more chilly the wool was great since it kept her nice and warm. While the cocoon does have to be slipped off I still love them, they are so cute and great for keep little ones warm.