There are a lot of reasons people will give to use clothe diapers. There are lots of really good reasons, including money savings, saving the environment, and using natural products on baby’s sensitive skin. Provided you don’t go crazy shopping, cloth diapers will save you money over disposables, even with coupons. And they are always better for the environment. Since disposables are full of synthetic products, cloth diapers that use natural fibers are usually less reactive, keeping baby’s skin healthier. But, there are other reasons we all use cloth, even better reasons than these altruistic ones.
5. You become part of a secret society. There’s the Illuminati, the Freemasons, and then there are the Cloth Diapering Moms. In this society there are special secret codes like BG AIO and IVDSO on FSOT. There are special meetings, like The Great Cloth Diaper Change. And you only gain entrance to this secret society by using cloth diapers. Or having used them at one point. Or just liking them.
4. You like big butts and you cannot lie! The bulk in a cloth diaper ensures that your baby has a bit of junk in the trunk, and it can be hard to fit pants over that booty. But when you like big butts, you also enjoy the hunt for well fitting pants.
3. The science of laundry is fun. Every household has their own unique combination of washer and dryer and water quality. This means that what works best for getting poo catchers clean in one household might not work as well in another household. So figuring out what works for your baby’s diapers can involve more experimentation than your high school chemistry class.
2. You enjoy antagonizing your family, especially your grandparents who can’t understand why you wouldn’t want to use the greatest invention ever, the disposable diaper. Many people simply don’t understand the choice to cloth diaper. Many of these people are the most annoying members of the family. It’s a lot of fun to antagonize the most annoying members of your family.
1. They are just so darn cute! The colors, the patterns, all of it is so stinking cute. Even moms who don’t use clothe diapers will cover their baby’s disposable diapers with a cloth diaper cover, just because cloth is so darn cute. There is just nothing cuter than an 18 month old running around the back yard in the summer wearing nothing but a cloth diaper.
Obviously there are lots of great reasons to use cloth diapers. Whatever the reasons you choose, using cloth diapers is always a good choice.