I have been trading on Diaperswappers for several years now. Trading has been a great way for me to build my stash, get rid of things I do not need and not spend a lot of cash in the process.
Breaking into the trading world on diaperswappers can seem a bit daunting to a newbie trader. There are two main areas that trading takes place on the site. There is the ISO/IHA forum, this is where you post a thread listing all the items you have available for trading and what things you are looking for. The same rules apply to this forum that apply to the rest of the fsot boards.
There is also a swaps group that you can join on diaperswappers. You have to opt into this area once you meet all the requirements. The swap area of diaperswappers is a lot of fun. There are all kinds of different swaps that go on and I have been able to get a lot of new diapers and woolies for my stash from these swaps.
I have put together a list of tips for newbie traders. These are all based on my experiences over the years and things I have learned along the way.
1. Be very descriptive.
- Posting an IHA (I have available) is just like trying to sell your items. When you post make sure to include details about your items. This is very important for diapers and woolies. Posting size, any issues and other details will make people more likely to message you. I know that I will skip over posts that do not include this information. I do not always want to take the time to PM for details when I am looking for a certain item.
2. Do not undersell or oversell yourself.
- Be fair in your pricing. You are more likely to get trades with well established traders if you are fair with your stuff. People would not want to buy from you if you over price, the same goes with trading. You do not have to undersell yourself either.
If an item is something that is heavily sought after, people may be willingly to trade more for it. Usually people will mark items on their ISO ( in search of ) that they are willingly to trade more for. I will say something like, will trade generously for such item.
3. Do not be afraid to ask for help.
- This is very important when you join the swaps area of diaperswappers. There are ladies on there that are avid swappers and they are more then willing to share their knowledge with you. Ask someone to show you the ropes. We are more then happy to help. There are two swap mods that are around to help as well.
If you run into a problem on the fsot section when it comes to trading, there are mods that are around to help. They are just a message away.
4. Leave feedback and ask for it.
- Feedback is just as important in trading as it is in selling/buying. Make sure to leave feedback every time and do not be afraid to send a friendly PM asking people to do the same.