Being a mom of four young kids I like having some extra organization when it comes to meal times. I started meal planning a little over a year ago and it has been a life saver for me. I make a weekly meal plan using a meal planner that I hang on the fridge. Here are some reasons why I love meal planning so much.
1. It saves me money and helps me waste less.
- Each week when I do the meal plan I sit down and go through the food we have on hand and try to plan around those items. In doing so I am throwing out less food and spending less because I am only getting the items I need for those meals. I also plan meals around using left overs so we are wasting less food.
2. It saves me time.
- I look at the menu each night before I go to sleep so I remember to take the meat out I need for the next day. This way I am always prepared ahead of time and there is no scrambling trying to find something at the last minuet. It also saves my time on trips to the store. I make a list of all the items I need for the week and make one trip.
3. It helps us eat healthier.
- By planning ahead of time, I am able to plan around actives we have going on during the week. This way I can make a quick healthy meal instead of grabbing drive through while we are out. I am also able to better track the amounts of fruit and veggies we have eaten throughout the day.