By now everyone that knows me, knows that I cloth diaper. Seeing my kids in cloth is no surprise to them anymore. The one thing that still surprises people is my choice to use cloth wipes.
What are cloth wipes?
- A cloth wipe is simply a square piece of cloth with the edges sewn.
- They come in several different fabric varieties. My personal variety are flannel/cotton on one side and terry cloth on the other. I think they make for the easiest clean up.
- You can wet the wipes as you need them or you can store them in a wipe solution inside a plastic container.
- They are easily found online and fairly easy to make yourself.
I have about 40 cloth wipes. While they are faded from washing, there is still a lot of use left in them. We use them for wiping faces, cleaning up small spills and for diaper changes.
photo from eli’s wipe-es
- Money savings, cloth wipes can be washed and used again and again. It will save you money in the long run.
- Never run out as long as you keep them washed.
- Better against sensitive skin
- Cute prints
- Less waste
- Wet disposable wipes can be easier to deal with when you are on the go. This is mostly the case for those who wet the wipes as needed.