I am sure that everyone has heard the saying, “You are what you eat” more than once in their life but many people do not understand how true this statement really is. Food is a huge part of our lives and many foods can have a huge impact on our daily lives.
Are you feeling stressed? I know you probably want to reach for something comforting and full of carbs but you should try the follwing first:
1. Drink a glass of water, even a mild state of dehydration can stress the whole body.
2. Eat a sweet potato, the will help curb the desire for something sweet and fill of carbs but they are also full of beta carotene, vitamins and fiber.
3. Eat some turkey. Turkey has an amino acid called L Tryptophan which triggers serotonin, a natural relaxer. This is the reason many people feel tired after eating turkey.
4. Eat an orange, when you are stressed your body releases more free radicals then normal and the vitaman C in the orange will help keep them in check and repair your body.
Think you are coming down with a cold? Try some of these to feel better sooner:
1. Eat some garlic, it has long been known to protect the immune system. Garlic contains allicin, ajoene and thiosulfinates, which guard your body against cold and flu. Eating garlic during cold will shorten the amount of time it takes you to heal.
2. Nothing beats chicken noodle soup. Chicken soup contains cysteine, an amino acid that acts like common bronchitis drug acetylcysteine, which protects the bronchial tubes from the accumulation of inflammatory cells. Warm salty chicken broth also prevents thickening of the mucus, keeping the temperature in the throat high and relieving cough symptoms. Garlic and onion, which are often added to the chicken soup have immune-boosting effect.
3. Drink some hot tea with honey. The tea will leave you feeling warm the honey will aid in soothing a sore throat and reducing a cough.
Trying to drop a few pounds? These foods will help you reach your goals:
1. Everyone knows veggies are important but eating them raw gives you way more of the benefits. Do you not like eating just plain veggies, then try making a avocado dip or get some fat free ranch to go with them and snack away!
2. An apple a day, keeps the pounds away!! Apples and berries contain Pectin, which restricts the amount of fat our cells can absorb. Berries such as blackberries, blueberries, black and red currants, raspberries and strawberries help to detox your body and boost your metabolism.
3. Stay hydrated with green tea. Green tea will boost your metabolism and speed up the rate at which your body burns fat