PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do wash with the "laundry ball" and no soap?

E&Msmom
07-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I just bought a laundry ball from H20@home.
Its supposed to work on cloth diapers and requires no detergent. I guess it changes the Ph of the water and allows the water to wash without the detergent?
Ive tried it a few times so far and I seem to be having success! I just wondered if anyone else had tried it, do you love it? hate it?

I have hard water and in the past have tried : Planet, RnG, Soapnuts...and so far I think the laundry ball might be my favorite!

Nifferous
07-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't know, but my parents have those.

boy-oh-boy
07-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Sounds intriguing!

Zabibaby
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
wow never heard of that?
do the laundry feels clean?

cautiouslyoptimistic
07-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm suspicious of those things: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/944/do-laundry-balls-really-work

dawbs
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I haven't seen a *good* (holds up to testing/scrutiny/science) explanation on how they're supposed to work yet, so I"m very very suspicous.

The last chemist I talked to about them claimed that as far as his 'testing' (which did involve his kid's laundry), he was fairly well convinced thta they seemed to work the first several times they were used because of soap buildup on the clothes and in the machine--that as they were continally used and the buildup disappeared, so did the effectiveness.

VeganCupcake
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I haven't seen a *good* (holds up to testing/scrutiny/science) explanation on how they're supposed to work yet, so I"m very very suspicous.

The last chemist I talked to about them claimed that as far as his 'testing' (which did involve his kid's laundry), he was fairly well convinced thta they seemed to work the first several times they were used because of soap buildup on the clothes and in the machine--that as they were continally used and the buildup disappeared, so did the effectiveness.

:yeahthat: This is what I suspect, too. Most of us use way more detergent than is necessary, so there is probably a lot of buildup on our clothes.

E&Msmom
07-05-2010, 10:33 AM
hrmm well Im going to keep trying it and see how it goes...the good thing is if Im not 100% happy I can return it for a full refund. :)

skydancer22
07-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I have one, but I use it in addition to detergent or soap nuts. I got it before I was CDing because I wanted to be able to cut down on the amount of detergent I needed. I'm not really sure that I'd be happy with the results of using just the ball without anything else, but I dont think it hurts either. I sort of look at it as being similar to a dryer ball in that it helps agitate whatever is in the washer and therefore get more water through the clothes/diapers.

domdandev
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
All About Cloth Diapers did a review on something like these. At least I think it was someting like these, anyway here is her review and experiment with them.
http://allaboutclothdiapers.com/update-to-my-laundry-experiment-do-you-smell-something/

Brittny27
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I just heard of these H2o balls and I am curious about them. I also have hard water and nothing I use has seemed to clean my clothes or diapers.