PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling "right", then going in to labor?

AmandaRenee
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I've heard from a few different mama's about how they felt "weird" or "off" for a day, and then went in to labor not long after. How many people have experienced this? And what exactly did you feel like, and how long after did you go in to labor?

I felt really icky and "not right" yesterday that it worried me for a little while (dizzy, nauseous, shaky, headache-y). My LO was OVERLY active all day, so once I started feeling better in the evening, I stopped worrying. It just got me thinking about what I had been told about, and what I might be able to expect a few weeks down the road (hopefully, I'm certainly not wishing for a preemie!).

chloecat
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
i felt ill/weird for the day or 2 before i delivered all 3 of my babies.

with the last one i actually thought i had the flu or something cause i was getting hold/cold flashes and had a headache and nausea for about a day before and the first half of labor. it was icky!!

hippieintraining
07-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Not me! I had intense contractions for the month before I delivered. Only thing I felt differently with the contractions the day of the big event was that I had rectal pressure as well. FUN! ;)

L J
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I didn't feel "right" but I wasn't sick in any way. I was out of sorts. Restless. Wanting to go roam around the mall (only it was 1am!) or go for a walk outside. I actually did go walk the dog. I had a couple hours of strangeness, no pain or anything, but very out of sorts. Then, I lost my plug and labor started immediately. It didn't occur to me at the time that my strange mood meant impending labor, even though I was nearly 42 weeks. :giggle:

JustAugust
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Me! And I'm feeling that way now as well. I'm hoping she stays in a couple more weeks though.

new2allthis
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Not me. I felt completely normal up until the moment my water broke.

palsmama
07-12-2010, 11:58 AM
I felt totally weird the day I went onto labor. I was only 37 weeks but felt like something was going on. Went for a long walk in the park, told my hubby something was up and thing were changing and at 630pm my water broke!! Surprise we were havin a baby:)

stringbean02
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
i was induced with my first but im 39 weeks and ive been feeling "off" since yesterday. i have been getting nauseated on and off and have been overly emotional. as of last week i was 3cm dilated. hopefully i will go into labor :)

nceveritt
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I've heard from a few different mama's about how they felt "weird" or "off" for a day, and then went in to labor not long after. How many people have experienced this? And what exactly did you feel like, and how long after did you go in to labor?

I felt really icky and "not right" yesterday that it worried me for a little while (dizzy, nauseous, shaky, headache-y). My LO was OVERLY active all day, so once I started feeling better in the evening, I stopped worrying. It just got me thinking about what I had been told about, and what I might be able to expect a few weeks down the road (hopefully, I'm certainly not wishing for a preemie!).

I didn't feel sick, per se, just plain exhausted.

songbird516
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Not me. I felt completely normal up until the moment my water broke.

yep same here. I thought that I would feel different, or want to clean, or something- but...nope.

TwinKristi
07-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah, with my first I felt off the day before. I was super tired and just layed around all day sleeping on and off. My water broke at about 1:30am.
I didn't feel anything different with my others, but I was induced. :blush:

lostiejen
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Yep, definitely. I called in sick to work the day before because I just didn't feel good. Couldn't put my finger on exactly what was wrong, though. A little nauseous maybe. Very tired. Worn out. And DD was born the next day.

I think it's like the calm before the storm. My body's last deep breath, bracing for what was about to happen. But maybe some people don't need that. Maybe subconsciously they know that a signal like that would be counter-productive so they just keep on going and then - boom! - baby.

fawnintx
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I felt kind of off, and also really restless (although not nest-y - never did feel that... guess I'm just a slob? :giggle:). DS was born the next day.

Elsaraw
07-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I emailed my midwife when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS2 saying I felt "weird", she asked me in what way and I couldn't really explain. I went into labor four days later and he came, a little early but perfect.

jackyl08
07-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I did. I just wasn't right that day. Not sick or anything, just "off". I had an OB appt that morning and when I got home, all I could do was lay on the couch. I was exhausted and just not good. Around 7:30pm we decided to go to the hospital and sure enough, I was in labor. I didn't feel contractions, per se, but I felt weird. By 10pm, I was in full on labor.

craftmuffin
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Actually, I've felt particularly good for the day or two right before my previous labors. It was especially noticeable with DD2 who came 11 days late. I was SO annoyed and uncomfortable for most of those extra days, but then on day 10 I felt happier and more content with a sudden burst of energy. I was on hands and knees cutting out sewing patterns, scrubbed the bathtub, etc. Next morning I was in labor. :)

MrsS
07-13-2010, 06:58 AM
I felt really emotional and cried a ton the two days before and the day I went into labor. The pre labor contractions felt like tingly itchy tightenings all around my belly. The baby seemed to move a lot in a painful way during the contractions.

I felt very tired but couldn't sleep. Then I realized the contractions were coming every 3 minutes on the dot even though they weren't painful. They became active labor rather suddenly after several hours of consistent minor contractions every few minutes.