PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Please *update*

mrscompgeek
08-13-2010, 07:24 AM
I would like to request prayer for me, yesterday I had a spell of heart racing and feeling shaky and went to the Urgent care and the DR said I have a Heart Arythmia. My heart rate was down to 108 (normal is 80) by the time I got to the Urgent Care but it had slowed down from about 130 when my husband checked it before heading to urgent care. I am on strict instructions for no caffeine and I have a EKG scheduled wednesday to check and make sure its nothing serious. The Dr said most of the time arythmia's are just annoying when they happen, usually not harmful. I will also have a 24 hour heart monitor put on to see if they can get any readings.
I would appreciate your prayers! Thanks.

UPDATE- All the test came back fine. The 24 hour heart monitor showed one instance where my heart was up to 130 but nothing big.
I was tested today for Anemia now, the Dr thinks that maybe causing all of this. I also have a chest xray just to make sure.

animegeekmom
08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll be thinking about you and hoping that everything is ok! I have an arrythmia myself, and it is benign.

amomma
08-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Definitely praying for you mama! I have the same thing, it started a few years back. They blamed is on a hyperthyroid until a few months later when my levels went back to normal. It still happens often (i even get woken up in the middle of the night with it) and the Dr. told me I just have "a weird heart." Yeah...thanks doc. Good luck, it's no fun and pretty scary too! I pray that the Dr.'s will figure out exactly what is going on and will know what to do to make it better!

mrscompgeek
08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
thanks for the prayers! My EKG was this morning and everything looks great on it! Thank God! I have a 24 hour heart monitor on now and will take it back to the hospital tomorrow morning and will have those results in a few days.

amomma
08-23-2010, 09:12 AM
good to hear mama! Have you gotten the results of the monitor? I remember that being no fun. It got all itchy! keep us updated!