PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ?

lindsayncadence
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Ok I have just gotten off my period two days ago it started april 27th.... And I get my IUD out friday morning.... We are gonna ttc within the next few months (well september but its up to him to use condoms and he wont i know him...) I wasnt thinking and we had sex today......Ok so my dumb ? is......will his sperm still be alive friday? Would it be possible i could get pregnant or most likely not.... Im thinking not but have no idea when im gonna ovulate bc of my screwy cycle i had thanks to bcp ( stopped taking them also)......i wanna be pregnant but we would like to wait a lil bit first.....:headscratch:

Carrie
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
It's unlikely that you would get pregnant now because your hormone levels need to build back up after AF. If you are planning on TTC soon an IUD is not a good idea. It can take up to a year for your fertility to return. Some women have fertility problems after having them removed. There are many types of birth control pills. I was on a pill that just wasn't strong enough, I guess, and it caused a lot of breakthrough bleeding. If it were me I would ask for a different pill. As far as it being up to him to use condoms, that really isn't my philosophy. It's my body, and unless I want to be pg, he isn't going into me without one. I whip one out and put it on every time we DTD and it has never been a problem!

lindsayncadence
05-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Ive had my iud about 1 2/2 yr Im getting it removed so we cant wait to get preg. its not the hormonal one. I stopped the pill also bc of bleeding and figure we are gonna ttc in three months anyway so at least ill be off it for a while. Your philosophy is true it is your body BUT me and him have talked about this and we both want to ttc but honestly im never using birth control again i cant handle it ive had way too many problems he wants to ttc also and we agreed that if he wanted to wait he would use a condom.....it was our agreement not just mine

Carrie
05-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh sorry, I read that wrong! I though you were having one put in. No--I think you're safe. If you're really concerned about it you can ask your doc about it. If you don't want to get pg now it would be a good idea to use barrier methods until your regular cycle comes back and you can chart to avoid if you want to. I hate bc and I never want to use it again either. But I wonder if we will get tired of condoms sometime in the next 20 years, lol!

OneFabMama
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok I have just gotten off my period two days ago it started april 27th.... And I get my IUD friday morning.... We are gonna ttc within the next few months (well september but its up to him to use condoms and he wont i know him...) I wasnt thinking and we had sex today......Ok so my dumb ? is......will his sperm still be alive friday? Would it be possible i could get pregnant or most likely not.... Im thinking not but have no idea when im gonna ovulate bc of my screwy cycle i had thanks to bcp ( stopped taking them also)......i wanna be pregnant but we would like to wait a lil bit first.....:headscratch:

LOL It does say she is getting an IUD Friday not getting an out. Typo.

I was going to say the same thing.

But, I doubt his sperm would stay alive that long. But, it is possible.

Kimmomy2dom
05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I agree, LOL. I doubt you'd get pg from dtd now and having it removed on Friday. The chance of them still hanging around in there and getting to fight to get in there is pretty slim, I'd say. It is possible, but I'd say where you are in your cycle (I know you're not regular, but I doubt you'd have an egg up there) and all the odds the sperm would go against I wouldn't think you'd get pregnant. Stranger things have happened, though, I'm sure.

lindsayncadence
06-02-2006, 10:58 AM
"If you are not going to have another IUD put in, and you donít want to become pregnant, use an extra contraceptive method, such as condoms, for seven days before the IUD is taken out. This is to stop sperm getting into your body. Sperm can live for up to seven days inside your body and could cause a pregnancy once the IUD is removed. Your normal fertility returns as soon as the IUD is taken out."

got that from http://www.fpa.org.uk/guide/contracep/iud.htm

kinda making me worried since i stopped my BCP about 2 wks ago and we had sex.....o well Ill be more than happy to get pregnant we just wanted to wait a few months for the time period we wanted the baby to be born...guess we will find out when or if i get my period :goodvibes:

MyKylie
06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Agreed. Chances are VERY slim you'd get preggo from that act.

BTW I got preggo 4 months after having my IUD removed

lindsayncadence
06-02-2006, 01:00 PM
did you actively TRY for four months ? Was it unplanned? which IUD did you have? Im just curious..hehe i think the chances are slim i dont wanna be pregnant this month anyway hehe

babamama
06-03-2006, 12:57 AM
well i know one woman that concieved 4 days after DTD (hubby was out of town when she ovulated but the lil sparkies survived).
but my question is if you DID manage to concieve- would the IUD removal disrupt things enough that it wouldn't take?? i've heard of women getting pregnant on an IUD too- so i just wonder about the removal causing such a disturbance like that tho?
~marcia~

lindsayncadence
06-03-2006, 01:32 PM
i was wondering that too but dont it take a while for it to implant? like we had sex the DAY before it got removed.....so im not sure it would effect it at all? Idk I will wait and see I guess I kinda wanna wait till next month anyway hehe

lindsayncadence
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
so i started thinking i had two weeks till my period (after talking to the dr) and thats about the same time i got preggo with cadence 2 wk before.....also my cervix is feeling feritle and friday (maybe it was saturday not sure) i had cervical mucous that was "fertile mucous" ahhh i guess im on the two week wait...idk i think im pry just paranoid since i want at LEAST ONE month of summer for me and cadence alone lol :dramaq: :broc: <~~~ i just had to put the brocilli there hehe