PDA

View Full Version : I am buying carriers and I need some restraint...I think.

Numommy
09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I started out buying one or two carriers for my 14m old and my baby to be here in Nov. The 14m has never really been carried, so I don't know how she is going to act. I carry her everywhere now, without a carrier.

I have a Moby from having her.
I have total buyers remorse over a gorgeous linen SBP RS (ecru in case anyone is interested.) That I have not gotten yet. Never used a RS.
I have ordered a plain black Butterfly II from frogmama.com, that she gave me a good deal on, and it was a second. I can return it. I have never seen a SSC in person, much less used one.
AND I had someone contact me about the most beautiful O & A half buckle! It is the same price as the BB II.
WHat do I do...walk away from the OA right? I need to, I know! But it is so pretty and I am afraid the BBII wont fit her well/right.
Oh my, I have lost my mind.
Tell me to say NO mamas!! For the sake of DH! Who thinks a Moby should be plenty sufficient and who does not know about the RS anyway...who took quite a while to convince on the BBII.

.....Errr....FSOT is brutal....

Numommy
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Ha! Pregnant hormones!! Why oh why are they even required??!! I said NO! I wanted to say yes! But I love my the peace in my home too much.
No O/A at this time for me!!

crazylife
09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Wellll...I'm probably no help...I think you'll only find the moby useful while baby is little. After 15lbs even tho' you can still use it, the other carriers will be more comfy for you (if it's the stretchy moby you have). The other thing about the RS or the SSC are they are much easier to put on but also to slip baby in/out. I do have one of each and I use them all for different purposes. I loved my moby when she was tiny but haven't used it on months! Sorry!:blush:

Numommy
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Yea, totally no help!! :) I've already told the seller no. I really want it, but husband will kill me! Like really. Wish I could get it in cash!!

Ashlovespat
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I would keep the RS and the BBII both...but that's me. I have a moby for the newbie, a mei tai, and am getting a bbII. I will be also getting a RS (from SBP too!) later on, for after the moby. I have twins, but I totally want to be able to carry any child. I didn't start wearing them until about 14 months either...they weren't too hip on it at first, especially for just trying it out in the house, but they have gotten better, and sometimes even want it, when we are out. If she doesn't seem to care for it the first time, just keep trying. Mine were very much into walking themselves at that point (just starting to, really), but have since been wanting carried more, again, so it's nice to have the carrier...especially with DH, he'll take one and put them on his shoulders, and if I then put one in the carrier, we don't have to worry about chasing a kid around.

ajbailey89
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I also would keep the RS and the Beco. Those would be the first thing to go with me if our house ever caught on fire. I can't live without mine. :)

HeavenlyHold
09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, the Moby really won't last you long at all...the nature of the fabric is stretchy and as your LO gets some weight on him/her it just isn't going to be supportive enough, IMO. So the others, I would keep! The RS is a quick carry and the BBII is great for having the baby on your back later on for longer periods of wearing...VERy handy with two!

KristieW
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I also would keep the RS and the Beco. Those would be the first thing to go with me if our house ever caught on fire. I can't live without mine. :)

:yeahthat:

Like I told my DH, as the one who cares for DD most of the time (and another little guy M-F), I'm the one who gets to decide what I need to help me make it through the day. I have to admit that I have quite a bit MORE than I need at this point, but as I save my pennies and sell stuff at consignment for extra cash, I tell him that he can't complain too much. (Although my woven, come to think of it, was a guilt bribe--he spent a week at Spring Training in AZ while I stayed in rainy WA with the incredible vomiting toddler, and I told him if he wanted to be welcomed back with open arms, I needed a gift. ;))

In any event, having a RS, a stretchy, and a BB2 TOTALLY isn't overkill, trust me. DHs don't get that, though. :p

Numommy
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Thats great! :giggle2: I love your way of thinking- and you are right. I just got the BBII in today...oh I love it! But I can already tell I am going to need a couple more SSCs. At least one for sure, because my teeniny Baby sitter will want to use it on the weekends while I work, and maybe another one dedicated just to one child + me, as they both get bigger...but that is down the road--->>>a good bit down the road!!
I told PAXBABY's Jillian- after Christmas comes and goes, maternity leave ends on New Years Day, taxes are paid, and life is some sembelance of normal...Mama is getting what Mama wants...and if that is a custom O/A, or another BB2 with a Boba...well...I'll definatley be using your words of wisdom on my DH. Who in all fairness has never told me no for anything (until now), and is a good man, great dad and provider (sounds like yours is pretty good too.)

Thanks for telling me it wasn't overkill- because I was certainly beginning to wonder!

Now when I want a new carrier though, I look at this awesome play gym I want santa to bring DD for Christmas. Everytime I think of a new diaper cover or trip to the zoo...I think...yea I could put that money on that.
Off topic, but it has a swing (that she prob wont like) a slide that she will love, and a ball pit. Inside in the garage until summer are my thoughts :thumbsup:

:yeahthat:

Like I told my DH, as the one who cares for DD most of the time (and another little guy M-F), I'm the one who gets to decide what I need to help me make it through the day. I have to admit that I have quite a bit MORE than I need at this point, but as I save my pennies and sell stuff at consignment for extra cash, I tell him that he can't complain too much. (Although my woven, come to think of it, was a guilt bribe--he spent a week at Spring Training in AZ while I stayed in rainy WA with the incredible vomiting toddler, and I told him if he wanted to be welcomed back with open arms, I needed a gift. ;))

In any event, having a RS, a stretchy, and a BB2 TOTALLY isn't overkill, trust me. DHs don't get that, though. :p

KristieW
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Who in all fairness has never told me no for anything (until now), and is a good man, great dad and provider (sounds like yours is pretty good too.)

Mine's the greatest. :wub:

We just did a garage set-up with toys too, and we got the basement cleaned out so that we can use that as well! I've done all of that type of shopping for DD on Craigslist, tho, which saves some $$ there. I figure she's too little to care if her b'day presents are gently used, and besides, she's too excited to have SLIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEE!!!!! :giggle2:

Numommy
09-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm looking on CL no doubt! Hope I get lucky, but I want it here before her brother gets here, for peace of mind. Just in case...I dunno..Christmas hidden and taken care of...baby boy is due mid Nov.

Mine's the greatest. :wub:

We just did a garage set-up with toys too, and we got the basement cleaned out so that we can use that as well! I've done all of that type of shopping for DD on Craigslist, tho, which saves some $$ there. I figure she's too little to care if her b'day presents are gently used, and besides, she's too excited to have SLIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEE!!!!! :giggle2: