PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Kids Radian- shoulder strap help

punksalad
09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Does anyone else have trouble with one of the shoulder straps slipping down? The strap seems like it is on very tight, but it will still slip down. Any advice?

leighi123
09-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Is your chest clip in the right place?
Are you SURE its tight enough?
Is your child getting close to needing the next slot? What slot is it in now?
Are you using the radian strap covers?

punksalad
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
The chest clip is at his armpits. The straps are on the 2nd to the bottom slot-instructions say not to go past this one until forward facing. Yes, I'm using the strap covers. I mean, I thought it was tight enough, but maybe I'll check again. It's in my MIL's car. We have 4 of these seats and it only does this on this seat!

punksalad
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
I mean, I will check again! Obviously, it's my child's safety.

jjordan
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
You're misunderstanding the instructions (which is very common for this particular issue, don't feel bad!). The instructions mean that when forward facing, you can use only certain slots. However when the seat is rearfacing, you can use any of the slots. You should use the slots that are closest to your child's shoulder level without being above. (Like the price is right!) I'm guessing that the straps need to be moved up a slot.

punksalad
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Ugh, why do they make instructions so confusing??? Thank you so much for your advice, it's greatly appreciated!

leighi123
09-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Thats what I was going to say, I was guessing that the most likely cause of your issue is the slot was one thats too low!

It should fix the problem to move it up one, sense it sounds like you have the tightness/chest clip right.

punksalad
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks!