PDA

View Full Version : If you've had multiples in a pregnancy and also had a single

mama2cntrykids
10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
in another pregnancy...how would you compare them? I mean, were you sicker (or should that be more sick?) or more tired when you were pregnant with multiples compared to a single pregnancy? Just curious...Ok, I admit it, I'm curious *because* I'm sicker and more tired than any of my other three pregnancies and I'm wondering what gives, lol.:giggle2:

Mamatoabunch
10-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I had twins my first pregnancy, singles since. I was not sicker or more tired. W/ some of my singles I was very sick. It could just be that you have more on your plate now.

MommaJello
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
My first was a single and this current pregnancy is twins and I am so much more sick and tired! That's what first led me to suspect I was carrying more than one! HTH

PS, mamatoabunch, I'm fairly new and am curious what HBAC and UC in your siggy mean? Couldn't find them in the acronym list. TIA

noskiveez
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Single, Single, twins, single. With my twins I wasnt any sicker than a singleton. Infact, I felt better with the twins than I did with the others. The only symptom I noticed differently was thirst. I was excessively thirsty all the time.

AcrossTheUniverse
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
:goodvibes:

mama2cntrykids
10-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Interesting...thank you! I would be scared to death if we had twins, lol. I'm having a hard time with this pregnancy and to add twins to the mix...ummm, lol.

lilsoldiersmommy
10-05-2010, 07:29 AM
I was sick with my DS. This pregnancy(twins) I have not been sick once. I am more tired, but I am also a SAHM and have the option to take a nap everyday. I was working full time when i was preg. with my first. I was suprised I wasnt more sick with these. I wouldn't even know I was preg, let alone with twins if I didn't go to the dr. ha ha. I have had no symptoms, and I have actually lost 10lbs and I am almost 18 weeks. I do notice I am growing faster now than with DS.

E.B.2672
10-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Single, Single, twins, single. With my twins I wasnt any sicker than a singleton. Infact, I felt better with the twins than I did with the others. The only symptom I noticed differently was thirst. I was excessively thirsty all the time.

This is the exact order I had, and the same exact symptoms (or lack thereof) - even down to the thirst.

beckstar
10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
i am currently pregnant with twins and DEFINITELY felt a lot sicker with this pregnancy than the other 3 (to term) and im always tired...but im pretty sure it has to do with the fact i have two toddlers and a teenager and never get to sleep...sadface.

eta: i will add that my singleton pregnancies were pretty manageable...the girls were bit more nauseous than the boy...but mostly i was ok. this pregnancy, i felt like crap for 12-15wks.

AshleyLD
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
single, twins, single
WAY more sick with the twins than any of the other pregnancies. Although with this pregnancy (3rd pregnancy 4th baby) I am way more tired and feel more pregnant. :headscratch: I think my body just doesnt want to have any more babies.. KWIM?

melanalyus
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
My symptoms with twin pregnancy were more than doubled than with my singletons...

HeatherlovesCDs
10-05-2010, 03:18 PM
As you can see, it goes both ways. :goodvibes:

I have only had one single pregnancy and two twin pregnancies. I feel like I'm much better equipped to speak to the symptoms of twin pregnancies than singles. My single will be 5 years old in a few weeks and my 2 sets of twins were back to back after with one set being 6 months. But, I had almost no symptoms at all with my single pregnancy. I had one weekend of nausea. That was it and nothing else at all except a belly. My first twin pregnancy was hard and I was super sick among other things. My second was even worse and I was horribly sick. It didn't help that I have 18 month old twins and a 3 year old at the beginning of it. :giggle:

Being more sick and more tired can be the first symptom. But, it can mean nothing too. Good luck!!

Mum2Addison
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure if it counts because I miscarried twins, but whilst pregnant with them I was WAY more sick than with my DD or my current pregnancy. I almost couldn't move because it would make me need to puke, couldn't eat anything, couldn't drink anything. TBH, I'm not sure how I would have survived the pregnancy (that sounds awful :( ).