PDA

View Full Version : Flu bug - should I wait a month?

One Little Window
12-31-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm just getting over the flu bug, O is due within a week or so. I just didn't know if I should wait a month to TTC. We are (quietly...shhhh...) trying. I just didn't know if anyone would recommend waiting since I've probably lost a tiny bit of weight, didn't know if it was bad for the little eggy or anything... I think I'm almost over it... just not quite able to eat anything yet.

Maybe it's a silly question, but I've been stewing about it privately and decided to reach out to you all for a little advice. Thanks in advance! I love the diaperswappers mamas!

sharon_k
12-31-2010, 06:32 AM
I got the flu for the first time (and only time so far) when I was 12 weeks pg with my first child. I felt AWFUL. On top of the constant nausea and hovering over the toilet that I was experiencing anyway, I had a fever & the vomiting due to illness, and wasn't able to eat anything, I was so sick. My blood pressure was actually 80/50 at the doc (I went to the doc b/c I was preggo and nervous that maybe the baby would be feeling the effects of my illness) they told me to go home and eat something salty, like pretzels to bring up my bp. I was sick for a good 2 weeks. BUT, my daughter was just fine. Because she was my first I guess I had "new mom" nervousness that the baby was feeling the effects of my illness, but doc assured me that I was the only one feeling crummy, and although I couldn't eat much of anything the baby was getting all it needed from me.
I know my situation was not the same as yours, but just wanted to share. I already had a little bean in there and got very sick and she was fine. So, it's entirely your choice if you're feeling up to it. I would think of it like this: as long as I was feeling well enough to BD, then I'd probably be feeling well enough to try.

Craftin'Diva
12-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Nope... as long as you O, no reason to wait. However, it's possible that being sick will push your O back.

The flu pushed mine back a couple of days this month... which was a good thing because there was NO WAY I was going to be up for BDing any earlier then I did!

Also, I got pregnant with my son while having the flu... I think there's something to be said about having a lowered immune system while TTCing so your body is too busy fighting off the illness to fight off an eggie :) Good Luck!

One Little Window
12-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Thank you! I figured it didn't really matter, as long as I get my stregnth back - and during O am not vomiting :)

I was just worried! Thanks for replying!

One Little Window
12-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Also, I got pregnant with my son while having the flu... I think there's something to be said about having a lowered immune system while TTCing so your body is too busy fighting off the illness to fight off an eggie Good Luck!

Yay! That's good news! :)

One Little Window
12-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks! That's so reassuring!

I got the flu for the first time (and only time so far) when I was 12 weeks pg with my first child. I felt AWFUL. On top of the constant nausea and hovering over the toilet that I was experiencing anyway, I had a fever & the vomiting due to illness, and wasn't able to eat anything, I was so sick. My blood pressure was actually 80/50 at the doc (I went to the doc b/c I was preggo and nervous that maybe the baby would be feeling the effects of my illness) they told me to go home and eat something salty, like pretzels to bring up my bp. I was sick for a good 2 weeks. BUT, my daughter was just fine. Because she was my first I guess I had "new mom" nervousness that the baby was feeling the effects of my illness, but doc assured me that I was the only one feeling crummy, and although I couldn't eat much of anything the baby was getting all it needed from me.
I know my situation was not the same as yours, but just wanted to share. I already had a little bean in there and got very sick and she was fine. So, it's entirely your choice if you're feeling up to it. I would think of it like this: as long as I was feeling well enough to BD, then I'd probably be feeling well enough to try.

FairyChaca
12-31-2010, 09:08 AM
This

Nope... as long as you O, no reason to wait. However, it's possible that being sick will push your O back.

kelseyjoy
12-31-2010, 09:10 AM
We had the stomach flu go through our house the weekend before I found out I was pregnant. I also had the stomach flu pretty bad when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with my second daughter. I don't think it's necessary to wait for ttc. It's a completely different system that's affected.