PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have light positives?

PamG
06-04-2006, 12:17 AM
I tend to have really light positives on my pregnancy tests until I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant.

Does anyone else have this problem?

And if so, what tests have you found to give you an early dark positive?!

Pam

bobandjess99
06-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I think that you must just be slow-to-produce HCG, LOL!!!

It's my understanding there are lots of women who have faint positives...I have evebn heard of women testing NEGATIVE when they are like 6-7 months pregnant!!LOL!!!

I think it is normal for some women.

I, on the other hand, had a DARK positive (darker than the control line, which my midwife had NEVER seen before, lol!) at 8 DPO!!! LOL!

bfoster2000
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Try First Response! With my first pregnancy, I tested a couple of days before my period was due and got a very faint positive. I went the next morning to the doctor to confirm and their urine test showed nothing so they did a blood test. It was a VERY faint positive so they sent the blood off for an hCG count...it was only 50! I actually wound up losing that baby because I never produced enough hCG...but First Response picked it up. With DJ, I didn't do a HPT...my doc caught it before I noticed. This time, we weren't TTC but I know exactly when it happened (we were having problems so it was the only time we dtd!) My doc's office did a blood test about a week after that because they were doing bloodwork anyway. It was negative. I did a First Response test about 3 days later and again it was negative. Did another First Response 2 days later and it was clearly positive. Can't remember exactly when my last AF was or when I O'd but like I said, it was about 10-12 days after we "did it".

Oh and by the way, the reason I initially got the First Response test was because it was a couple of dollars cheaper than all the others!

hfitz5051
06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
First response didn't do so good with me. I got the best on an Equate from walmart, still faint but the best I got, out of First response(2) and ept(2).

1boy1girl1bitty2
06-04-2006, 10:02 PM
i have this issue too!! and am wondering the same thing

PamG
06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I have taken 2 First Response and negative.

But, I have taken several dollar store tests (New Choice) and they have been fainly, so faint, positive and when I took my last one it was the darkest yet, but still so very light.

I ordered some tests from online and really want to wait until they come in to test, but I really want to know as well if I am indeed pregnant.

I'm a test nut and test way too much when I think I'm pregnant!

Sometimes I wonder if ALL the dollar store tests that I have taken are just a bad batch and wrong!

Glad that I'm not the only one that has this problem.

I'm getting ready to return something and will get an Equate test at WalMart and see what that says.

Thanks

Pam

hauser
06-07-2006, 07:59 AM
With my first child it started to turn while I was peeing on the stinking thing!!
With my second pregnancy it took the whole time to turn and even then you could barily see it. It was strange. Then I had a miscarriage two weeks later.
With my third it turned right away, but not as fast as my first.

I don't even know why I bothered to take the test I knew every time I was pregnant. Maybe I'm a freak?

Why do we all need to see the line?

zonapellucida
06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
I do!!! I usually take about 10 tests before I actaully believe it. I lke the digital now--takes all the guess work out of it :)

1boy1girl1bitty2
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Try First Response! With my first pregnancy, I tested a couple of days before my period was due and got a very faint positive. I went the next morning to the doctor to confirm and their urine test showed nothing so they did a blood test. It was a VERY faint positive so they sent the blood off for an hCG count...it was only 50! I actually wound up losing that baby because I never produced enough hCG...but First Response picked it up. With DJ, I didn't do a HPT...my doc caught it before I noticed. This time, we weren't TTC but I know exactly when it happened (we were having problems so it was the only time we dtd!) My doc's office did a blood test about a week after that because they were doing bloodwork anyway. It was negative. I did a First Response test about 3 days later and again it was negative. Did another First Response 2 days later and it was clearly positive. Can't remember exactly when my last AF was or when I O'd but like I said, it was about 10-12 days after we "did it".

Oh and by the way, the reason I initially got the First Response test was because it was a couple of dollars cheaper than all the others!

i have this same problem! i am waiting to poas and had early signs but not so much now it's a little disapointing

Zan
06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Yep, my 2 tests were both light and when I went to the drs the next day, my test there (I'm not sure exactly what they used but not a blood test) it was also 'light' but pregnant.

I think everyone's body reacts differently and if it's a line... it's a line. False postitives are not that common.

Sarah0903
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Well, when I was preggo with my son I tested at 6 weeks and still got a negative. When we tested a few days later it was REALLY light. The doc even wanted to do a blood test to confirm since it was so light.
With my daughter I tested 5 weeks and it was light and then 2 weeks laterI tested (I was still in amazement and wanted to be sure) and it was a lot darker.

LilHippyMamma
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I did with my 2 boys and then this pregnancy was DARK lol but my first was so light I seriously had to hold it in the sun light lol

Merolu
06-08-2006, 10:18 AM
My first, the test was actually darker than the control by alot, lol, and that on the day I was supposed to start. With my second child... well, I knew I was pregnant and was in some serious denial. So I was happy to note that I got negative the day I was supposed to start and every week for three weeks after. The fourth week it was so faint I had to tilt it *just so* and hold it to the light, but it was there. Of course, if I didn't think I was actually pregnant, I probably wouldn't have tested every week, lol.
My midwife told me something that stuck with me.. 'Women get pregnant, babies are born. Simple as that, because anything can happen, all pregnancies are unique.'

Merolu
06-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm a test nut and test way too much when I think I'm pregnant!

Sometimes I wonder if ALL the dollar store tests that I have taken are just a bad batch and wrong!

Glad that I'm not the only one that has this problem.

Pam

That's too funny, I find myself thinking the exact same thing :rofl:

Bridym
06-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I had light with both my pregnancys. Even if I used cheap tests and more expensive ones like FRED they were all the same.

PamG
06-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Merolu,

Are you currently testing with the dollar tree tests and getting slight positives?

Sarah0903, so I'm not insane then?! It does happen? LOL I thought I was the only one to not get a definite positive until 6+ weeks pregnant.

Did you have symptoms and everything or did you just "know" you were pregnant?

To all the ladies that replied, thank you so much for your stories. Makes me feel so much better.

I'm testing again around Father's Day!! I can't wait to see what the results are.

Pam

ahisma
06-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I had very light positives, even when blood tests showed high HCG levels.

CBE digitals did say positive though:)

Abunchofus
06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I got darker lines on my $tree tests than I did on my FRER or co-op tests. I finally got a darker line at 16 dpo on a FRER.

I agree that I've always gotten the best results with equate!

OneFabMama
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
First Respone Early Response is the best for me.
With my daughter it came up DARK +++++ at 1 day late (darker than the control line) before I even set the darn thing on the counter. :thumbsup:

Abunchofus
06-10-2006, 07:09 AM
It's funny how different ones work better for different people.

I started testing at 8 days dpo so I was testing 6 days before AF was even due. I think it was on day 9 or 10 dpo that my $tree test was the darkest and then my co-op strips were the next darkest and then the FRER.

But at about 12 dpo then FRER was still really light but the co-op ones were showing good.

by 16 dpo then the FRER was bright! I didn't take any more co-op or $tree to compare them at that point.

AmandaSue22
06-10-2006, 07:27 AM
i think i am going to use an equate today, now is that a +- one or a l l test?

Abunchofus
06-10-2006, 08:08 AM
I think equate has both kinds - Do NOT NOT NOT Get the + / - one

Make sure to get the I I kind.

Keep us posted!!!!

hfitz5051
06-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I think equate has both kinds - Do NOT NOT NOT Get the + / - one

Make sure to get the I I kind.

Keep us posted!!!!

See, I could only find the +/- kind. But I was kind of in a hurry and had 3 kids with me :lostit:

Abunchofus
06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
See, I could only find the +/- kind. But I was kind of in a hurry and had 3 kids with me :lostit:

:laugh: I understand - we had 6 kids with us when we bought our last tests! :laugh: that certainly makes a difference and they may have been out of the other kind - the 2 line kind

hfitz5051
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
:laugh: I understand - we had 6 kids with us when we bought our last tests! :laugh: that certainly makes a difference and they may have been out of the other kind - the 2 line kind

Hey! I'm due in Feb too! How exciting!

Abunchofus
06-10-2006, 10:54 AM
:bliss: :happyclap: :yay: when are you due? I'm due Feb 6th. Yeah we can be preggie buddies! :laugh: I wonder who all else here on DS is due in Feb too? We should start a thread and keep up with each other and how we're all doing.

hfitz5051
06-10-2006, 11:08 AM
:bliss: :happyclap: :yay: when are you due? I'm due Feb 6th. Yeah we can be preggie buddies! :laugh: I wonder who all else here on DS is due in Feb too? We should start a thread and keep up with each other and how we're all doing.

The 8th! There is a due date thread here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12917
My first was born Feb 3rd and I am Feb 24th lol.

Abunchofus
06-11-2006, 10:48 AM
neat - I'm due just 2 days before you! thanks for the link! I went and posted there!

contemplation31
06-11-2006, 06:26 PM
With #3, I was soooo wanting to get prego that I was going to my doc for a test every other week! lol (store test $$$,,,doc+good insurance=free!) Anyway lol! The last time, the tech brought the test out and said here you go. I looked, my face fell, and I started to walk out. She told me to look closer. There was the FAINTEST line you can imagine!! She told me that ANY line meant pos, no matter how faint whether its a urine or serum test! #3 is getting ready to turn 8 and #4 is expected in a few months :goodvibes:

PamG
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
With #3, I was soooo wanting to get prego that I was going to my doc for a test every other week! lol (store test $$$,,,doc+good insurance=free!) Anyway lol! The last time, the tech brought the test out and said here you go. I looked, my face fell, and I started to walk out. She told me to look closer. There was the FAINTEST line you can imagine!! She told me that ANY line meant pos, no matter how faint whether its a urine or serum test! #3 is getting ready to turn 8 and #4 is expected in a few months :goodvibes:

Thanks for your story. Did the $$$ store tests give you the earliest positives even if very light??

I'm TRYING to hold out until Father's Day to retest, but it's so difficult. I'm sure I won't wait that long unless someone hides the tests! :)

Good luck to you on #4 baby. We're trying for #4 as well.

Thanks

Pam

Abunchofus
06-12-2006, 06:44 AM
C'mon Pam - it's been another week - POAS again!!! We're waiting to see a pic of a strip!!!! I can't imagine waiting! But I'm a POAS'aholic!!!! Let us know when you re-test!!!!!

Merolu
06-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Right now I am waiting to test again... I got a neg on the day AF was supposed to start and I want to wait a week because it can get addictive testing every day, lol. I'm supposed to test on Friday. I don't know that I'll make it that far, but I am trying to wait.
I got very nearly invisible faint + on the day I turned 8 weeks along with my last child, tests had been neg til that point and my symptoms had been strange and not too clear at first... I didn't get m/s til 6 weeks along and got it lightly at first and I spotted the day I was supposed to start, but the other stuff was losing my hair in certain spots on my hairline, vision changes, ... nothing I would have normally assumed to mean BABY. I just felt it, I really just *knew*.

hfitz5051
06-12-2006, 09:50 AM
I can't wait until friday! I won't be here. You should test thursday morning lol.

PamG
06-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Merolu,

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP! Please keep us updated. Friday can't come fast enough! LOL

Christi,

I did test again and still faint faint faint positive. I mean so faint that I don't think it's really there type of faint.

So, that is why I am TRYING to hold out til Father's Day. Like I say I usually don't get dark positives until late like Merolu does.

I am hiding ALL my other tests and keeping one out for Father's Day. If I test before then, then that's too bad because I won't know where the other tests are.

I am a POAS addict and I really can't test daily until I see a darker positive. It's driving me batty. LOL

So, I figure if I give it more time then MAYBE I'll see a dark positive on Father's Day.

Pam

AmandaSue22
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I was sooo unbelieiving but I was like the only one who could see my line so I tested 5 times LOL All got gradually darker. I even tested today to make sure and its dark now. I am a major POAS addict

PamG
06-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Amanda, Congrats on your BFP, send baby dust my way! :)

Pam

AmandaSue22
06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Good Luck and TONS AND TONS OF BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes: :ohyeah:

Abunchofus
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Pam - what kind of test have you used or are you using?

If you already said I apologize I forgot! I got my darkest line with a $tree test! :laugh: I can afford to waste those for a week! :laugh: but not the expensive ones! Post your test pics when you get them!

Merelou - hope you get a nice dark BFP soon too!!!!

Is there anyone else in this thread waiting to test?

there was someone overseas - in Finland I think - waiting to test - did she ever test???

PamG
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Christi,

The line is SO faint that you can't even see it when I take the pic. I'm waiting for it to turn darker.

I am using the $ tree tests and they come up positive the fastest if I'm pregnant.

So, I hid the other two tests that I have and kept only one out. Out of site out of mind right.

Then I have 50 internet cheapies coming and once I'm done w/ all three tests I'll use the cheapies.

I do have willpower don't I?! LOL ;)

I tested today and I SWEAR there was a line, but it was so hard to see if there was any pink to it. So, I'll call it an evap line and wait now until Sunday to test again.

Had the AF cramps and now it's gone, so who knows what that was all about.

Anyways, thanks for the baby dust! :)

Pam

Abunchofus
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah Pam! I'm sure its positive! when I was taking pics of mine - the scanner worked far better than the digital pics! Can't wait to hear how your hubby likes his Father's day gift!!!!

nothing_butt_cloth
06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I always get light pos after 5-6 weeks preggy unless it is twins. then i get pos before my period. With my gabby (4) I had an inconclusive blood test at 5 weeks....:banghead: Nothing like waiting for another test when you have a 4 month old LOL

Abunchofus
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't usually get dark positives either - this time having a dark positive at 16dpo was really odd! And to get a faint pos at 9 dpo was REALLY ODD for me. With my last pregnancy (our now 1 yr old) I had a very faint pos at 16 dpo and lab work to follow up and they were freaked and wanted me on progesterone because my hcg level was so low. It is really odd that I showed up pos so early this time and showed up dark pos at 16 dpo. the line I got at 10 dpo is what I normally get at 16 dpo!

PamG
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Christi,

Thanks for your replies. I'm beginning to think the cramps that I have is just going to be an early AF. I don't have them all day long, but I've got them again today.

So, don't think that this is my month to get my BFP. It just feels too much like AF on it's way and maybe it's just going to come early this month for some reason.

Melissa, that is an encouraging story. I always wondered if I was the only one that couldn't get a BFP as soon as AF was due!

I'm tired and going to lay down until dh comes home.

I'm even debating on testing for Father's Day now since I figure it will just be a BFN and it might just be better wait til AF is late and not stress and obsess over the testing.

Thanks

Pam

Abunchofus
06-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Oh Pam - I'm sorry to hear that - keep us posted! I cramped for a few days around the day I should have started also so maybe AF will stay away! Praying for you!

EasterBun
06-13-2006, 07:22 AM
:hugs: I remember with DD my early pregnancy symptoms totally mimiced PMS symptoms... I was super crampy and bloated and crabby. It never occurred to me I could be pg because it just seemed so much like AF would show up "any day now"

PamG
06-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Yah AF is due June 22-27 so still a ways away for me to be getting PMS symptoms.

I had tested before and light positives and then negative and then AF came.

So, maybe things are just really messed up after my m/c in Jan and April.

Sarah, I have tons of bloating (and I never get bloated), PMS symptoms, AF type cramps, nausea, headaches, weak legs.

I can't totally give up hope yet, but for some reason I just feel that I've got to tell myself that I'm indeed not pregnant. I guess so I don't set myself up for a huge disappointment when I see the BFN.

Pam

Abunchofus
06-13-2006, 10:37 AM
:hugs: Pam

PamG
06-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok, I'm not out yet. LOL I do this to myself all the time. I read on the internet and think there is no way I'm pregnant because everyone has the symptoms and all are getting BFN.

Well, the BFP are rolling in now and AF isn't due til the earliest June 22 and the latest June 27th.

So, it ain't over till AF rears her ugly head.

I had some pink CM yesterday so I am not quite sure what that was. Time will tell. Trying to be patient.

On a whim I took my bp a few times while I was at the store yesterday and it was high. :( Not good. I always have borderline to high bp when pregnant.

So, not sure if that is just another sign or just because I've been eating like crap and am overweight already.

Going on a diet tomorrow and will get back to feeling healthy. I just let myself go after my m/c in Jan.

Anyways, I'm not giving up that easily on this month!

Pam

Abunchofus
06-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Hang in there Pam!

marelle4381
06-16-2006, 09:56 AM
The 8th! There is a due date thread here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12917
My first was born Feb 3rd and I am Feb 24th lol.
my best friend is due on the 8th too She might have and ectopic pregnancy though. I hope she makes it through all this. Anyway I like the digital either pregnant or not pregnant. She had the really light line on her first test so I bought her the digital and it said PREGNANT. When she took the stick out of the reader, the line was VERY dark.:thumbsup: