PDA

View Full Version : Boba baby carrier?

ktktbird
02-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Has anybody used this and have you used the Ergo infant carrier with it? Really good deal on Zulily adn think I'm going to buy it but need something for an infant, too...

meganne79
02-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I haven't used one but I read good things. I actually got one on Zulily too. I think it is a great deal. I think a wrap is way easier and more comfortable for an infant so I'll just use the wrap until the LO is a bit bigger.

ktktbird
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Well... just bought one... Great deal. Hope I love it :P

MamaSarahMay
02-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Woo hoo I got the mint one! :) I dont have experience with this or the ergo so I can't answer your question about using the infant insert with it. Maybe post over in the babywearing forum asking about it.

caleighsmom
02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
it is a LOT like the ergo. the back is higher and there are toddler foot straps. those are the main differences. i have both/love both.

ktktbird
02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
@caleighsmom-do you think you could use the infant ergo insert with it? I like the idea of the Moby but it seems like it would be super hot and a pain to wrap...

steph_mommy2olivia
02-12-2011, 08:30 PM
I got one too...my 4th gen beco might not make it through this baby..it was so well worn with my daughter and I hate the butterfly.

caleighsmom
02-13-2011, 09:19 AM
@caleighsmom-do you think you could use the infant ergo insert with it? I like the idea of the Moby but it seems like it would be super hot and a pain to wrap...

good ?!! I am not sure. I didn't have the insert with my first but I should have one arriving soon that I ordered. I had planned on using my ergo until he gets bigger then switching to the boba. I will try it out when it gets here, but it is an AWESOME deal and I say don't pass it up!!

caleighsmom
02-13-2011, 09:20 AM
oh and I will be using a Moby around the house the first few weeks anyways.

meganne79
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Definitely don't write of the Moby without trying it a few times. It is a challenge to wrap the first few times but I don't think mine was hot at all and once I got the hang of it (quickly) I wore it all the time. I could not have survived without it! Absolutely the best newborn carrier IMO.

imasupernova
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
I was reading that the Beco Gemini (http://diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153389&highlight=newborn) was great for newborns.

For wraps this is a good thread (http://diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157066). They recommend the Sleepy Wrap or the Wrapsody (breeze or stretch)...

I can't believe how much is out there and how overwhelming it is just getting a carrier...

There are also options out there to rent carriers for real cheap so that you can try different ones out.

I still think for a newborn the wraps are the best and they are fairly inexpensive...

ktktbird
02-13-2011, 01:48 PM
THanks for all the input mama's!!

luvnmyfamily
02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
It's a great deal, but we already have a moby and an ergo. A good baby carrier that supports your back is a MUST!