PDA

View Full Version : Could it be possible? (a bit TMI though)

lemurkinsmommy
02-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Has anyone here gotten pregnant during AF? I know that the chances of it happening are VERY slim but here's the situation (might be TMI lol!)

I have been having super irregular cycles, I jump around anywhere from 14 and 35 days between periods (ever since getting my period back after DD was born), I'm still breastfeeding (not sure if that might be a part of it) also not on any BC. But anyways this time AF arrived untimely (Feb 18th) early based on my last AF (Jan 25th). DH and I DTD the morning of the 19th (unprotected...) and then on day 3 my period started to slow down and by day 4 was just spotting and now I just have some old blood spotting on day 5. The length of AF is always fairly consistent for me, I never have short periods even if I jump around with the rest of my cycle. Soo could it be possible? I can't test yet obviously, but I'm trying to sort it out and see if I'm just being overly paranoid.

ThreadsThatBind
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
dp

ThreadsThatBind
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Anythings possible. :mrgreen: However, it's probably unlikely.

VeganCupcake
02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
If it was really, truly AF, then it's not very likely. But if it was some other kind of bleeding (breakthrough, ovulation spotting, etc.) then it's definitely possible.

If I were you, and you're not pregnant this time around, I would maybe start charting your basal body temps and your cervical fluid so you can see if these are really periods, or some other kind of bleeding. Then you'll know a little more what to expect.

badhayrday
02-23-2011, 08:26 AM
It is very very unlikely mama. You should start taking your temp every morning so you will know when you are ovulating since your AF is so irregular that way you will def know what days to avoid...or to DTD:giggle:

lemurkinsmommy
02-23-2011, 09:33 AM
thanks ladies! usually we're REALLY careful! but DH got carried away because it was his birthday :giggle: and I'm kind of paranoid about getting pregnant again without having actually planned it.