PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about fleece

rylandsmom
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Can someone explain fleece to me as a cover? Does it work like the other covers?

willownz
02-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Fleece (antipil, polar, windpro) is a non-natural material and is made from PET (plastic bottles). It repels water but it is not waterproof. It makes a great cover but only if your nappy under it doesn't get completely sodden, if it does you can get compression wicking. I prefer PUL or wool myself for covers but I love fleece pants. They are easy to wash and warm and comfy.
You don't want to use microfleece as it is a wicking fabric, the wetness will go straight through.

mamamaggie
02-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Fleece is okay for a short while, but the problem is it doesn't absorb like wool, only repels. I really like it as pants over a diaper and cover when traveling because it acts as an extra barrier, but I don't rely on it by itself. Plus I find long periods of sitting always result in compression wicking. But it is a lot cheaper than wool and easy to sew yourself.

sh0rtchica
02-28-2011, 08:31 AM
I adore fleece soakers over our nighttime diapers. They catch any extra leaks we might have. I wouldn't use it for outings - just around the house. I also like how soft it is and how quickly it dries (we hang-dry everything).

rylandsmom
02-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys :)

starbug
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
What I like about fleece is that it's good for the skin since it's breathable compared to PUL.
I hate that the fleece cover in my Avatar is getting too small and I don't remember where I got it from.