PDA

View Full Version : Sonlight curriculum ??

splotchy1
03-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm looking into schools for my son who will start K next year. While I love the idea of homeschooling, it isn't for us for several reasons. (He has special needs, I"m a single mom, etc.)

There is a private school here that has a lot of qualities I like, and when I asked about the curriculum, they told me they use Sonlight as the base to their curriculum. Curious about Sonlight...especially how people feel about it for older kids as this school goes through 8th grade.

Any input appreciated!

CamoMom
03-21-2007, 02:11 AM
I think Sonlight is great if what you want to produce in your child is a love of reading! I'd love to be able to afford Sonlight but for us, it's time and cost prohibitive. However, if your private school uses it, WOW! The only concern I'd have is that I'd want to have the core books on hand at home for my kids to peruse, and that might end up being twice as cost-ineffective when you add it on top of school tuition. Do you know if they provide the books FOR the kids, as in for their private use, or are all the books kept at school?

syfitz
04-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Sonlight is a fantastic curriculum. We use it and love it. Even if each child doesn't have their own copy of each book, you can check them out of the library since they spend a few weeks on each book.