PDA

View Full Version : which way does the PUL go?

lilpenguin
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I have some PUL pail liners that I use in a step can. So does the shiny side face in or the cloth side? I usually put it cloth side in b/c that is where the little tab to put EO is on, but DH thinks it goes the other way.

Help settle this debate?

*Amy*
03-01-2011, 01:46 PM
The shiny side should face in.

lilpenguin
03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
The shiny side should face in.

Really? So the tab to put the EO should face out?

mariamommy
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Really? So the tab to put the EO should face out?

Shiny side is in, the little fabric tab is to help freshen the diaper pail, not the diapers.

ClothDiaperFashionista
03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Shiny side in. But don't worry, I won't tell your husband ;)

ds1997
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Wahmies pail liners go with the fabric side IN. Planet wise is fabric side out. There is no clear answer. It depends on the manufacturer.

jessi4jc
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
DH is right! The shiny side goes next to the diapers.

lilpenguin
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Wahmies pail liners go with the fabric side IN. Planet wise is fabric side out. There is no clear answer. It depends on the manufacturer.

Really? the two I have are whamies

november
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Shiney side inside. :)

maymommy10
03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I have a Wahmies hanging pail and it's definitely shiny side out. Otherwise the seams would be facing out and the loop for hanging would be on the inside of the bag.

Fishie Kisses
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
The one I have (wish I could remember from where) has a tag that actually says "shiny side OUT"

AZmommy
03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
the wammies instructions for their pail lienrs says shinny side IN.

The liner has a 6" gusset on the bottom to allow for maximum capacity. Contrasting elastic around the top edge folds down to the outside of the pail, revealing fabric...not shiny PUL coating. The shiny side faces the inside of the pail.

mommyof3co
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
^^^ OK it's late so forgive me if I'm reading wrong. But that quote confuses me. It's saying that when you fold the elastic over the edge of the pail that fabric should show...not shiny PUL, right? So wouldn't that meant that the shiny part faces out..not the part that's touching the diapers inside the pail? Because if it was the part touching the diapers when you fold the elastic over shiny would be showing, not the fabric? Or maybe that's what you were saying, just trying to clarify because I have WAHMies and I always put it where the shiny was touching the pail, fabric with the EO tag thing would be touching diapers

AZmommy
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
^^^ OK it's late so forgive me if I'm reading wrong. But that quote confuses me. It's saying that when you fold the elastic over the edge of the pail that fabric should show...not shiny PUL, right? So wouldn't that meant that the shiny part faces out..not the part that's touching the diapers inside the pail? Because if it was the part touching the diapers when you fold the elastic over shiny would be showing, not the fabric? Or maybe that's what you were saying, just trying to clarify because I have WAHMies and I always put it where the shiny was touching the pail, fabric with the EO tag thing would be touching diapers

:giggle: now you have me wondering.... hold on..

Deanna

AZmommy
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
okay found this review and a more detailed discussion on the way and why.. shiiny side facing pail so diapers would go into the dull side..

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:akGyWSmK5pEJ:www.thecheapandchoosy. com/2010/09/whamies-diaper-pail-liner-reivew-and.html+wammies+pail+liners+shiny+side&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

:giggle: HTH

Deanna

mommyof3co
03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Haha thank you! Was wondering if I had been using it incorrectly all this time

AZmommy
03-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Haha thank you! Was wondering if I had been using it incorrectly all this time

:giggle:

Deanna

lilpenguin
03-02-2011, 09:21 AM
The liner has a 6" gusset on the bottom to allow for maximum capacity. Contrasting elastic around the top edge folds down to the outside of the pail, revealing fabric...not shiny PUL coating. The shiny side faces the inside of the pail.

I also read this as shiny side touching pail, cloth side (w/print visible) to where the diapers go.

So interesting that others are confused also :giggle:

ds1997
03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I actually spoke directly to a WAHMIES customer service rep via email regarding this issue so I have no doubt that with their liners, the shiny side faces in towards the pail (shiny side actually physically touching the interior surface of the pail) and the fabric side touches the diapers.

I know that pretty much every other liner is the opposite of WAHMIES and people find that very confusing.

sagira
03-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Thanks! I have Planet Wise and was wondering the same thing the other day. I was right :)

lilpenguin
03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I actually spoke directly to a WAHMIES customer service rep via email regarding this issue so I have no doubt that with their liners, the shiny side faces in towards the pail (shiny side actually physically touching the interior surface of the pail) and the fabric side touches the diapers.

I know that pretty much every other liner is the opposite of WAHMIES and people find that very confusing.

:thumbsup:thanks. Good to know I haven't been doing it wrong for almost 4 years :lostit:

meldew2
03-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I was wondering this too! I tried it with the fabric side in and there was condensation on the outside so I am now trying it shiny side in to see if it makes a difference.