PDA

View Full Version : Home birth?

jadensmomma
03-30-2011, 02:40 PM
anyone in here due in july having a home birth? i live in NC so its a little more difficult in terms of finances but i had one w/ my son and will this time too, its worth it to me. just seeing if anyone else is doing the same :)

formunkyfrommommy
03-30-2011, 02:41 PM
we are, we are in BC canada though and everything is covered by medical including the midwife....it will be our first homebirth :)

Mommy2Be08
03-30-2011, 04:15 PM
We are still trying to figure out our exact plans. If I can't get in with a home birth midwife we will be UCing.

EireItalia
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
We are! I'm with the same midwife who delivered my #4. :)

Kriket
03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I wish! Maybe one day, DH gets that panicked look in his eye! Plus it's a gray area with HB MWs here. I have a nice MW and a nice hospital :) I am tempted to see how long I can stay home ;) I've been secretly gathering basic supplies.

findingstrength
03-30-2011, 04:35 PM
We are still trying to figure out our exact plans. If I can't get in with a home birth midwife we will be UCing.

me too! basically, its up to finances. I owe the midwife 2 grand. If I can't afford it in the next 13 weeks, I'm UCing. Hospital bleh. I'm not giving my hard earned money to the place that fired my hubby because he was sick and lets my boss bully me.

ArtHistoryChick
03-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I am hoping/planning for one. It will be my first homebirth.

loveymom29
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
jadensmomma-where in nc are you? are you military? i hope you can get it all straightened out and get your home birth.

jasminegrl
03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I want to but it would end up being UC because there are no mid-wives here, so I'm just going to try and labor at home as long as possible and then hopefully get to the hospital just in time to push.

sweetppolly
03-30-2011, 07:30 PM
We are and it was so important to me that we used every lick of our savings to pay for it. Midwives are rare around here and it worked out that my friend from college moved back here after getting her CPM. It stinks that my dh lost his job right after we forked over the 3,000 but I am glad to know all that is taken care of and I don't have to stress about the birth. This is our sixth baby but first homebirth and I am really looking forward to it.

crystalannski
03-31-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm having a hb again this time. It has been a difficult decision for me this time though and finances is a big part of that. Midwives are only $1800 in my area but we have a lot to do/buy to prepare for this baby and right now that $1800 seems like a ton of money. I considered UC but I'm not comfortable with that and I even considered birthing in a hospital even though I've never done that but ultimately I decided it's important enough so I will suck it up and deal with the money!

JennyAnn913
03-31-2011, 08:46 AM
We are too. This will be our first home birth and I am so excited. We are in KS.

bellaphira
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Planning on a homebirth (as long as we're in our house by then), luckily it will be covered by insurance (as far as I know)...if that falls through though I can always birth at the birthing center.

mevans
03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
We are planning a home birth also. We're in IL, but will be going to MO for the birth. So, it's not actually at our home; a friend of ours is being our "birth host". :)