PDA

View Full Version : Daily Chit Chat 4/3 to 4/9

Taylor
04-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi ladies!

I feel so out of the loop right now. I've been mostly without a computer due to mine crashing from a virus. I'm back up and running on an old laptop we had stored away after a few repairs were made.

How is everyone doing?

I'm 14w3d and doing fabulously! Starting to feel little flutters at night when I'm still in bed. We have a gender ultrasound in 3 weeks and cannot wait to find out if we're adding a 4th little boy or if this will be our only little girl! :goodvibes:

bpure8
04-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Missed you, Taylor! Thanks for the new weekly thread! Sorry.. viruses SUCK!

I think I can safely say that Morning sickness, for the most part is gone.. as long as I remember to eat. Feeling little flutters here and there when I sit down or in the early morning hours. I'm 14 weeks today.

sisu
04-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Aaagh! I'm so jealous of you ladies! They moved my due date back to 10/31 after my U/S a few weeks ago, so as of tomorrow I'm only 10 weeks. Not that an official due date makes a lot of difference as to when the babe will come, but still... :fit:

Oh, and while we're on the subject - TAYLOR - feel free to change my due date in the official thread to 10/31 if you get a chance! :)

I've definitely got some belly pooch going on now, a bunch of my shirts aren't quite long enough anymore. Yikes, I had so much more time to adjust to the thought of wearing maternity clothes with DS! :giggle: I didn't really need any new clothes until about 18-20 weeks with him.

I can't wait to get out of the first trimester. I haven't quite been able to shake the fear of something being wrong, even though our U/S looked great. I'm also still crazy sick, and beyond exhausted. We've got our next appointment on the 12th, I hope that we hear a strong heartbeat and I can begin to relax. I'm also hoping that all the m/s starts to ease off soon, I'm ready to feel human again.

Wow, sorry to be such a downer! DS is sick and hasn't been sleeping well lately, so that means he spends most of the night nursing. I'm sure I'll feel more optimistic about everything after a good night's sleep. :)

bpure8
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Aaagh! I'm so jealous of you ladies! They moved my due date back to 10/31 after my U/S a few weeks ago, so as of tomorrow I'm only 10 weeks. Not that an official due date makes a lot of difference as to when the babe will come, but still... :fit:

Oh, and while we're on the subject - TAYLOR - feel free to change my due date in the official thread to 10/31 if you get a chance! :)

I've definitely got some belly pooch going on now, a bunch of my shirts aren't quite long enough anymore. Yikes, I had so much more time to adjust to the thought of wearing maternity clothes with DS! :giggle: I didn't really need any new clothes until about 18-20 weeks with him.

I can't wait to get out of the first trimester. I haven't quite been able to shake the fear of something being wrong, even though our U/S looked great. I'm also still crazy sick, and beyond exhausted. We've got our next appointment on the 12th, I hope that we hear a strong heartbeat and I can begin to relax. I'm also hoping that all the m/s starts to ease off soon, I'm ready to feel human again.

Wow, sorry to be such a downer! DS is sick and hasn't been sleeping well lately, so that means he spends most of the night nursing. I'm sure I'll feel more optimistic about everything after a good night's sleep. :)

:bighug: you have ever right to voice your opinions, downer or happy. It's what I like about being here. I've not been the best person to help uplift others the last few weeks. Hang in there mama!! Chin up and take care of yourself and DS.

nrsenadenos
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Let's see, I'm 13w1d today, so officially 2nd trimester, though I'm not feeling much better really. Migraines are picking up and the all day nausea has turned into evening m/s and nausea if I don't eat. Still way too tired all the time, but I'm used to that.

Not much exciting going on around here. My next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks (the 15th) - I'll be roughly 15 weeks then. I suppose they'll give me the paperwork to schedule our big u/s, but it doesn't seem so "big" now that we've decided to stay on team green. Which I'm totally hoping is as awesome as everyone says it is.

Taylor
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Missed you, Taylor! Thanks for the new weekly thread! Sorry.. viruses SUCK!

I think I can safely say that Morning sickness, for the most part is gone.. as long as I remember to eat. Feeling little flutters here and there when I sit down or in the early morning hours. I'm 14 weeks today.

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling flutters at 14 weeks. Last pregnancy I mentioned it to my midwife and she kinda brushed it off as gas. This is my fourth (then it was my third), I think I know the difference between flutters and gas. :giggle:

Taylor
04-03-2011, 05:05 PM

Date is changed. :goodvibes: Don't apologise for being a downer! Having a sick kiddo and being sleep deprived definitely makes for a crappy time! I hope your DS feels better soon and you can get some sleep.

Taylor
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Let's see, I'm 13w1d today, so officially 2nd trimester, though I'm not feeling much better really. Migraines are picking up and the all day nausea has turned into evening m/s and nausea if I don't eat. Still way too tired all the time, but I'm used to that.

Not much exciting going on around here. My next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks (the 15th) - I'll be roughly 15 weeks then. I suppose they'll give me the paperwork to schedule our big u/s, but it doesn't seem so "big" now that we've decided to stay on team green. Which I'm totally hoping is as awesome as everyone says it is.

I would never have the will power to wait to find out! More power to ya. :thumbsup:

ambersrose
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
So sorry for all the sick families lately! I hope this cold season ends soon and we all have a healthy summer.
We took a family bike ride after breakfast this morning and then came home and started our container garden. Me and the girls were outside planting and I totally forgot about lunch until 2pm rolled around. By then I was getting super grouchy and a bit light headed. I hate when I forget to eat and end up grouchy!
Is anyone else a gardener? This will be my first container only garden. The rental house we are currently living in does not allow in ground gardening.

nrsenadenos
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
So I bought myself a birth ball - figured it can't hurt to help strengthen my core and get baby in the right position, right? - and I think it's giving me motion sickness. How messed up is that?

hbee
04-04-2011, 04:11 AM
I would never have the will power to wait to find out! More power to ya. :thumbsup:

My due date was also changed, from 10/27 to 10/25. There are also several ladies who weren't added yet. You might have already done that, I didn't go back and check the thread. I'm glad you're back, I hate when computers get sick! :thumbsup: Oh, and I keep wanting to go team green, but I'm not sure I have the will power either!

So sorry for all the sick families lately! I hope this cold season ends soon and we all have a healthy summer.
We took a family bike ride after breakfast this morning and then came home and started our container garden. Me and the girls were outside planting and I totally forgot about lunch until 2pm rolled around. By then I was getting super grouchy and a bit light headed. I hate when I forget to eat and end up grouchy!
Is anyone else a gardener? This will be my first container only garden. The rental house we are currently living in does not allow in ground gardening.

We got our house a little over a year ago, the first year, we did nothing in the flower beds, waiting to see what was there. This year, we intended to rip everything out and put in what we liked, but I'm so tired, I'm not sure if I'll have enough energy to do planting. However, I do still intend to rip and tear out what's there! I think we are at least going to do a herb pot though.

So I bought myself a birth ball - figured it can't hurt to help strengthen my core and get baby in the right position, right? - and I think it's giving me motion sickness. How messed up is that?

That could be... it does sound a little weird. Maybe it'll work out better for you in a few weeks. I really want to take a exercise ball to work, to use instead of my chair sometimes. I'm not sure how well that would go over though...

hbee
04-04-2011, 06:02 AM
By the way, I found the best early pregnancy pants ever at walmart the other day. They are sort of a cross between regular pants and workout pants. They look lime cargoes but swish a bit when you walk. Anyway, they have a little elastic in the hip area, so when I sit it doesn't cut off circulation, plus they have a drawstring as well as the snap and zipper. Best pants ever. I got two pairs, one in my current size and a size up. I wish they had more colors because I'd go buy one of each color and only wear them until maternity fits! Added bonus: $9!

Logans Mommy
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I am still a not feeling great, I keep telling myself it will get better soon, it just has to. There is no way I will be able to make it all summer with my kids like this. I nanny another little boy right now who is dd's age, and ds is in preschool 2 mornings a week. Once summer hits it will just be me and my kids. Ds is on spring break this week, so I am trying to plan some outings and make myself get out of the house more. Its supposed to be in the 80's today, and I would like the temp to settle down a bit, this hot stuff can wait another few months.

So exciting that we are starting to hit the 2nd trimester! I am still in my pants, yay, but I asked dh to dig out my tub of maternity clothes so I can have some longer shirts. I am tall so I dont like to feel like I have to keep pulling my shirt down, so it will just be easier to start bringing the longer tops into my wardrobe. I need to take a belly pic too, poor 3rd baby, I am getting behind already!

ohgirlohboyohno
04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Still around...I don't think I feel anything...I don't expect to either...with Emma I was 19 weeks before I even found out I was pregnant and still hadn't felt anything for a couple weeks after that :headscratch: either I don't know what I am doing or my kids are late movers.

As for MIGRAINES- UGH! What does everyone else take? I have had migraines since 6th grade and have always only treated with tylenol or excedrin - I am not a fan of a lot of "maintenance" meds so I I just know my triggers and try to catch them early...but during pregnancy it kicks my hiney!! I have to admit I almost max out on tylenol when I have a pregnancy migraine and on a few rare occasions I have snuck in an excedrin :blush: when I am desperate....are there any safe pregnancy meds I can ask my ob about??

klilley
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi :) well we had our first appointment last week and we have a strong HB :yay: this time I hardly even feel pregnant at all LOL, I had a little nausea but its been gone for a few weeks. We are definitely finding out as soon as they will let me :rofl: i have a nb cd stash to plan hahaha

klilley
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh and what due date thread are you guys talking about?

hbee
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh and what due date thread are you guys talking about?

It's a sticky thread in the October ddc group. You can post your due date, any children you have and if you're on team green, pink or blue.

z1ggy23
04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I am STILL sick. Puked again this morning. So much for the nausea ending with the first trimester... not much else going on here. Need to go make dinner, but, really, all i want to eat is oatmeal.

Movement. I was way further than this with my last before I felt movement. I AM already having problems with my hip, sciatica, and carpal tunnel though :(

ma-meem
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
12 weeks today! YAY!
thank goodness my sickness is gone. As is the fatigue...I'm so sorry to all you mamas still suffering! I hope it will ease up soon.

Movement...not much here! I was between 15-18 weeks with each of my previous babes. I can now feel my uterus about my pelvic bone though!

I have my nuchal ultra sound this week...though we're opting out of the blood tests and just going for the ultrasound :) we just want another excuse to see babe, and no matter what the outcome was we would carry as long as we could (as I did last time). I'm hoping they can do the growth scan earlier than 18 weeks...even 17 weeks would be nice...I'm just SO anxious to know growth is all good!

Birth ball...LOVE THEM. I had massive MASSIVE pressure down 'there' in my last 2 labours due to being induced with cervadil. Holy crow that stuff HURTS and FAST. I had contractions 2 min apart from 1 hr after having it placed. Nothing worked for the pain, not even the narcotics. All the narcs did was make ma pukey and groggy. Never again. The birth ball took the pressure right away and made early labour bearable until I could have the epi.

nrsenadenos
04-04-2011, 05:11 PM
As for MIGRAINES- UGH! What does everyone else take? I have had migraines since 6th grade and have always only treated with tylenol or excedrin - I am not a fan of a lot of "maintenance" meds so I I just know my triggers and try to catch them early...but during pregnancy it kicks my hiney!! I have to admit I almost max out on tylenol when I have a pregnancy migraine and on a few rare occasions I have snuck in an excedrin :blush: when I am desperate....are there any safe pregnancy meds I can ask my ob about??

Have you tried combining the tylenol with caffeine and/or benadryl?

I get bad migraines with AF and they are worse with pregnancy. Last pregnancy I ended up in the ER because of them. In the past I've taken Tylenol with codeine for the worst ones, and the past two pregnancies they've had me on percoset and promethazine.

sisu
04-04-2011, 05:25 PM
:bighug: you have ever right to voice your opinions, downer or happy. It's what I like about being here. I've not been the best person to help uplift others the last few weeks. Hang in there mama!! Chin up and take care of yourself and DS.

Date is changed. :goodvibes: Don't apologise for being a downer! Having a sick kiddo and being sleep deprived definitely makes for a crappy time! I hope your DS feels better soon and you can get some sleep.

Thanks for the support. :) Complaining about my one sick kid makes me want to :hide: when I'm around all you supermamas with lots of kids to take care of.

Hi :) well we had our first appointment last week and we have a strong HB :yay: this time I hardly even feel pregnant at all LOL, I had a little nausea but its been gone for a few weeks. We are definitely finding out as soon as they will let me :rofl: i have a nb cd stash to plan hahaha

Hi, and congrats! From your siggy, I noticed that your LOs will be almost the exact same ages as mine. :mrgreen:

No team green here, either. With DS we spilled the news right away, this time we're planning on finding out but not telling a single soul until the baby is here. It's going to be interesting, since we both suck at keeping secrets. :roflmbo:

And for the record, my MIL is crazy. She was not happy to hear I was pregnant, but she must have come around a bit because she's been buying us pink baby clothes already. :lostit: Wonder what she plans on doing with them if we have another boy?!?!

momof4kidz
04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
No team green here! We need to figure out how to rearrange the rooms! Still tired a good deal of the time :( The older kids are off on spring break this week so hopefully we will be going to see the butterflies at the conservatory.

Taylor glad you're back. My kiddos have been sick on and off all winter/ spring thanks to the yoyo temps!

ohgirlohboyohno
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM

I get bad migraines with AF and they are worse with pregnancy. Last pregnancy I ended up in the ER because of them. In the past I've taken Tylenol with codeine for the worst ones, and the past two pregnancies they've had me on percoset and promethazine.

Yeah I normally use caffeine for my migraines so it usually doesn't help enough during pregnancy. With parker I ended up in the er as well and had a $1000 bill for drug testing:banghead: causecapparently a 7 month preg girl with a migraine is on some sort of narcotic. Anyway, I did take phenegren for the nausea that time but it makes me very restless and I can't keep my legs still, it is only if I am puking, so I can keep something down. I will try the benadryl, I guess at night. Thanks for the advice

nrsenadenos
04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Mine was at 16 weeks, I don't think they did any drug testing. They just gave me an IV with fluids, Tylenol, and something like a stronger version of Benadryl. Which took enough of the edge off. Mine are hormone related, so they are worst during the first and third trimesters. They've also gotten progressively worse with each pregnancy, which sucks. My neurologist wants me on a controller med when not preggo, but we haven't found one that actually works and doesn't give me some unliveable side effect.

RedSoxFan
04-05-2011, 06:17 AM
By the way, I found the best early pregnancy pants ever at walmart the other day. They are sort of a cross between regular pants and workout pants. They look lime cargoes but swish a bit when you walk. Anyway, they have a little elastic in the hip area, so when I sit it doesn't cut off circulation, plus they have a drawstring as well as the snap and zipper. Best pants ever. I got two pairs, one in my current size and a size up. I wish they had more colors because I'd go buy one of each color and only wear them until maternity fits! Added bonus: $9!

If those are the pants I bought some time ago, lol, and they sound like them, watch out, because the material near the seam at the butt tends to stretch and seem almost like it's getting runs in it like you'd get in pantyhose. I had to stop wearing mine finally, which made me sad because I had two pairs and I loved them, SO SO much. They had already become my favorite pants ever and I only had them like, 2 weeks before the black ones started getting messed up.

But I do have a butt as big as J-Lo so this might just happen to me. lol. Normal butts might be just fine in these pants. Anyway, I didn't even ever get to wear them as pregnancy pants :(

hbee
04-05-2011, 06:22 AM
If those are the pants I bought some time ago, lol, and they sound like them, watch out, because the material near the seam at the butt tends to stretch and seem almost like it's getting runs in it like you'd get in pantyhose. I had to stop wearing mine finally, which made me sad because I had two pairs and I loved them, SO SO much. They had already become my favorite pants ever and I only had them like, 2 weeks before the black ones started getting messed up.

But I do have a butt as big as J-Lo so this might just happen to me. lol. Normal butts might be just fine in these pants. Anyway, I didn't even ever get to wear them as pregnancy pants :(

Oh sad! Well... I don't have much of anything in the butt department so hopefully they stay okay... At least until I can wear maternity pants!

smashncakes
04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
11.5 weeks...still sick (worse than ever actually) and I'm already getting the wonderful sciatica crap :( Lots of round ligament pain, plus I've noticed if I'm not really watching how much water I'm drinking during the day & doing a lot, I get Braxton Hicks contractions. I thought I felt baby move a couple nights ago but haven't felt anything since, so it was probably just gas or something, just wishful thinking :giggle: Oh, and I look huge. Like, I've had people say "wow, you look like you're about ready to pop honey, when are you due?" and "are you sure you're not having twins?...like, really sure??" Yeah..so already wearing maternity pants, although I have a couple pairs of jeans that *were* too big from losing weight that I can manage to do the rubberband trick with. I've been wearing maternity tops for awhile now, but its more for the length than the overall size. Anyways, done with the complaining :)

I have a doc appt. tomorrow, getting an u/s done then an appointment afterwards...I think I'm supposed to have bloodwork done too, but they didn't schedule it with the lab?? :dunno: They couldn't get a heartbeat at my last appointment (but we did see baby moving around), so I'm really hoping they can catch it this time around. Of course, the whole thing is scheduled right through DD's naptime, so that will just be a fun time in general, hopefully she's not too crabby. DH is really really hoping they'll be able to tell him the gender tomorrow, I keep telling him its very unlikely to happen and even if they do, its probably not a good idea to trust it too much. I'm doing team green this time, but he's going to find out and not tell me, we'll see how that works out...we don't have to worry about rooms because baby will be with us, but we do have to buy everything again...I've been picking up neutral gear as I find it on craigslist and yard sales, same with neutral onesies & sleepers...we'll just go shopping for gender specific stuff after baby gets here. I picked out our carseat this weekend, but I'm waiting to buy it...hoping to find it on sale and to have a date of manufacture closer to when baby is due so we don't end up with a year old seat when the baby gets here.

bpure8
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Next appointment is a week from today. I'm so apprehensive. I don't know why! Doubt? we still have yet to hear a heart beat and and starting to wonder if the flutters I'm feeling are gas... (Ya know, silly fears)

DH has been so stresed at work. I try to do my best to make his time home pleasant but I still can't do what I want to. It's a horrible job and he can't wait till he leaves for Texas. It will be a building he knows how to build with a Crew he loves. I'm excited for him to get a brake from the stresses of his job but also going to miss him coming home in the evenings. It's a toss up.

DH has been making some okay money and I fully expected our food stamps to be pulled this month. We are still tring to get on top of things and get caught up. We planned to not have them this month. Wrote out a budget with all the bills and what we would have left over after (Heaven help us, no emergencies) we had $275 for grocerys for the entire month of April. We were going to make it work!! Then DH had me call this morning. I'm sitting here crying. They gave us almost the full amount!! Part of me is scared to use it because it may be a mistake and it may be taken then we would have to pay it back. I want to call someone and ask if they are rating off of last month or the month before! Either way.. We hope this is the last month we will need it. I'm so thankful for programs like these we have been paying into our whole lives that are there when we need them.. but also angry at them at the same time! (KWIM?)

Off to change my DD and get us some breakfast.

Havah
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi Taylor! :wave: Thanks for starting the thread!

My prayers go out also to those of you batting illness. :(
Fortunately, as I approach week 12, my nausea is wearing off. :phew:

lol ... you sound like me! I tend to not feel typical hunger pangs and regret it later.
I try to garden. I've container gardened since I got married but find even that difficult the year after LO's are born (plants take a lot of TLC in our short and dreary Pacific Northwest growing season - they demand almost as much as newborns! :giggle:) My dad is a Master Gardener and I really miss the 1/4 acre garden we'd put in annually when I was growing up - we never bought veggies! We also raised chickens and ducks, had a small fruit orchard, and bought half a free-range beef from our next door neighbors each fall. Those were the days ... :sniff: ... I'm feeling sentimental.

Anyways, we're hoping to put in a raised bed this fall and let it overwinter so the soil is prepped next spring. Still waiting for decent enough weather to start a container salad garden this year ... :p Oh, and I love to have a porch hanging basket of perennial herbs like thyme and oregano.

What did you put in this year?

Next appointment is a week from today. I'm so apprehensive. I don't know why! Doubt? we still have yet to hear a heart beat and and starting to wonder if the flutters I'm feeling are gas... (Ya know, silly fears)

DH has been so stresed at work. I try to do my best to make his time home pleasant but I still can't do what I want to. It's a horrible job and he can't wait till he leaves for Texas. It will be a building he knows how to build with a Crew he loves. I'm excited for him to get a brake from the stresses of his job but also going to miss him coming home in the evenings. It's a toss up.

DH has been making some okay money and I fully expected our food stamps to be pulled this month. We are still tring to get on top of things and get caught up. We planned to not have them this month. Wrote out a budget with all the bills and what we would have left over after (Heaven help us, no emergencies) we had $275 for grocerys for the entire month of April. We were going to make it work!! Then DH had me call this morning. I'm sitting here crying. They gave us almost the full amount!! Part of me is scared to use it because it may be a mistake and it may be taken then we would have to pay it back. I want to call someone and ask if they are rating off of last month or the month before! Either way.. We hope this is the last month we will need it. I'm so thankful for programs like these we have been paying into our whole lives that are there when we need them.. but also angry at them at the same time! (KWIM?)

Off to change my DD and get us some breakfast.

:hugs: We all feel those fears.
I pray you DH finds some peace in the work world soon. I know it will suck having him away, but if he can relax (emotionally), so will the entire atmosphere of your home!
I'm surprised your state's basic food program requires immediate reporting of increase in income. Ours doesn't (too much paperwork, I think) - we do six month reviews. I'm sorry to hear how stressful this has been for you. :( I used to be a snob about welfare and those dependent on it, and boy did God change my attitude! There have been months ... yeah, wow. Still, I'm anxious to be off. :p
Does your church have any relief programs for members in a real bind? $275 for a family of 9 .... yikes. Prayers for your family!

bpure8
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
:hugs: We all feel those fears.
I pray you DH finds some peace in the work world soon. I know it will suck having him away, but if he can relax (emotionally), so will the entire atmosphere of your home!
I'm surprised your state's basic food program requires immediate reporting of increase in income. Ours doesn't (too much paperwork, I think) - we do six month reviews. I'm sorry to hear how stressful this has been for you. :( I used to be a snob about welfare and those dependent on it, and boy did God change my attitude! There have been months ... yeah, wow. Still, I'm anxious to be off. :p
Does your church have any relief programs for members in a real bind? $275 for a family of 9 .... yikes. Prayers for your family!

Yes. Our church has a Welfare program but they also counsel us to be prepared. We have a pretty large food storage set up. It's how the $275 was going to get us though the month. Milk, eggs, cheese and some fresh fruits and veggies. Everything else was going to be made from scratch from our Storage.

I was like you, then God gave us a HUGE piece of humble Pie!! Really humbled DH and I.. Me first.. and it took DH a few months to allow himself the humility. We've needed assistance the last 2 years for 3-4 months of food assistance and some help with the utilities then we are back up and running for the Spring/Summer months, saving what we can for the next winter. (Construction REALLY sucks lately!)

We are also required to report any changes in income within 10 days of receiving the funds. Have a meeting today for Medicaid for this pregnancy and the baby, to choose which plan will best suit us. We PRAY we won't have to use it but it's there just in case something happens. Most homebirth midwives don't accept Medicaid in Utah. If we decide to birth this LO in Italy it will be a moot point LOL.

Trying sooo Hard to put my Trust in God, have faith and figure this stuff out.. some days I feel like I'm just spent! Then one of my children give me that special smile, say something really funny or give me a hug and things seem so much better!

christenjoy
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM

I have had horrible migraines this pregnancy, combined with the nausea that seems to be getting worse as I've entered my 2nd trimester. I'm at a loss of what to do! My doctor gave me tylenol with codeine last week for when the migraines were really bad, and it hasn't even touched it. Plain tylesnol does nothing, as does caffeine. I'm sure part of it is also the exhaustion of keeping up with 3 busy boys!

gem898
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
So exciting that you guys are already feeling movement!

I haven't done much research yet.... when can they typically tell the gender?

I'll be 13 weeks at our next appointment so I'm wondering if we'll be able to schedule it for the next appointment at 17 weeks?

kimmiepie
04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
So exciting that you guys are already feeling movement!

I haven't done much research yet.... when can they typically tell the gender?

I'll be 13 weeks at our next appointment so I'm wondering if we'll be able to schedule it for the next appointment at 17 weeks?

We found out with our last ds at 16 weeks. I think typically somewhere between 16 (some say 17) and 20 weeks is the norm for the anatomy scan. Of course at 16 weeks it was a little early and they couldn't see his stomach. I think this time we'll wait until around 18 weeks just in case.

ambersrose
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
lol ... you sound like me! I tend to not feel typical hunger pangs and regret it later.
I try to garden. I've container gardened since I got married but find even that difficult the year after LO's are born (plants take a lot of TLC in our short and dreary Pacific Northwest growing season - they demand almost as much as newborns! :giggle:) My dad is a Master Gardener and I really miss the 1/4 acre garden we'd put in annually when I was growing up - we never bought veggies! We also raised chickens and ducks, had a small fruit orchard, and bought half a free-range beef from our next door neighbors each fall. Those were the days ... :sniff: ... I'm feeling sentimental.

Anyways, we're hoping to put in a raised bed this fall and let it overwinter so the soil is prepped next spring. Still waiting for decent enough weather to start a container salad garden this year ... :p Oh, and I love to have a porch hanging basket of perennial herbs like thyme and oregano.

What did you put in this year?

We are doing lettuce, radishes, zucchini, basil, oregano, rosemary, two kinds of tomatoes, pumpkins (for jack-o-lantern making) and watermelons. I would be so happy with a mini-farm like you described from your youth! We do buy half a grass fed free range beef once a year from a local ranch but I had to give up my backyard chickens when we moved to this place last September. I hope we are able to buy a house within the next year with a big yard that has room for a medium sized garden, chickens and maybe a little milking goat. I am one of those weird people who puts my vegetable garden in the front yard to make the most of my space. :blush:

nrsenadenos
04-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Our office prefers 18-22 weeks for the anatomy scan.

bpure8
04-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Pickles and Lemons!! My new cravings.. not together, mind you.

hbee
04-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Our office prefers 18-22 weeks for the anatomy scan.

I think mine said 18-20, so pretty much the same.

hbee
04-06-2011, 06:18 AM
I had a dream last night that I went in for an ultrasound at 16 weeks. They saw twins! A boy and a girl.

Then it gets a bit weird. The boy measured a week further along than the girl, which the doctor said meant he came from me. The girl, being further behind came from DH. :headscratch: Oh, and this was a perfectly normal turn of events! I started panicking about twins and went on my way.

z1ggy23
04-06-2011, 06:28 AM
I had a dream last night that I went in for an ultrasound at 16 weeks. They saw twins! A boy and a girl.

Then it gets a bit weird. The boy measured a week further along than the girl, which the doctor said meant he came from me. The girl, being further behind came from DH. :headscratch: Oh, and this was a perfectly normal turn of events! I started panicking about twins and went on my way.

LOL, gotta love pregnancy dreams!

I haven't had any this time (at least none that I remember)

Logans Mommy
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah it depends on your doctor and insurance. I am seen on a military base so they see you as close to 20 weeks as possible. But with both of my kids I went to a ultrasound place that charges you to tell gender earlier. I went at 17 weeks with my daughter and about 22 with my son. I plan on going around 16 weeks with this little bean.

I have had lots of dreams, nothing to odd, but just lots more dreams than I usually have.

ma-meem
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll likely find out gender at the same time as the growth scan...so probably 18-20 weeks. I'm hoping that my ob will send me at 17 weeks, though....anxious to know the bones are all growing properly!

I've also had some vivid, weird, dreams. I dreamed I was a csi agent and went to the scene of the crime, and it was a full out murder scene...blood and all. Creepy, and I did not like it at all!

12 weeks 2 days :) My uterus is now popping out of my pelvis! yay! I can't wait for the US Friday.

Gardening...I love to garden...I cannot wait for the nice weather. I'm going to do a square foot garden (http://www.albertahomegardening.com/how-to-make-a-square-foot-garden/) this summer for veggies and herbs. We rent our home and our landlords are not too fond of us digging up their soil. You'd think that if you're improving things they wouldn't mind...but alas they do. Same with painting...we wanted to repaint the place since we've been here for 6 yrs and have had 3 kids...but no they don't want us making changes. What-eva. :)

RedSoxFan
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I've also had some vivid, weird, dreams. I dreamed I was a csi agent and went to the scene of the crime, and it was a full out murder scene...blood and all. Creepy, and I did not like it at all!

I had a dream kind of like that last night. but more like a Saw movie type thing. Which is ridiculous because I have never watched those movies... lol. But it wasn't that I was really there or anything, I was just watching a movie that was gross... so whatever. weird.

Usually I have just been dreaming about doing fun things with my husband, if you know what I mean. lol.

CDNMommyofmany
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Gardening...I love to garden...I cannot wait for the nice weather. I'm going to do a square foot garden (http://www.albertahomegardening.com/how-to-make-a-square-foot-garden/) this summer for veggies and herbs. We rent our home and our landlords are not too fond of us digging up their soil. You'd think that if you're improving things they wouldn't mind...but alas they do. Same with painting...we wanted to repaint the place since we've been here for 6 yrs and have had 3 kids...but no they don't want us making changes. What-eva. :)

We rent too, an old century home, luckily for us the owners only bought the house 2 weeks before we moved in, so we know the house better than they do! I planted some flowers and bushes in the back last summer, not realizing it was over the septic tank until the guy came to clean it in the fall...oops! I wondered why there was a bare patch in the yard, and the soil there was so good for planting, LOL. Our landlords are more concerned about dogs ripping up the yard than having a garden, they're pretty good that way. Our landlords don't mind if we do anything to "better" the house (painting, outside stuff etc) as long as we pay for it ourselves.
Good luck with your ultrasound, I'm a little nervous cause I've only had the one sofar, and finally start seeing my OB in 3 weeks so I'm sure she will want an updated one to double check everything before the anatomy one. I'll be 14.5 weeks when I see her so hopefully I can get one at that time!

hbee
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I'll stick to my twin dreams and leave the bloody ick to you ladies please!

sisu
04-06-2011, 01:03 PM

I don't know why, but that just strikes me as hilarious! :roflmbo:

I had a dream kind of like that last night. but more like a Saw movie type thing. Which is ridiculous because I have never watched those movies... lol. But it wasn't that I was really there or anything, I was just watching a movie that was gross... so whatever. weird.

With DS I had months of violent, bloody, chainsaw-massacre type dreams every night. I thought I was losing it. :cry: This time, they're just about odd random stuff, like DH wearing high heels to work (I swear he's never really done this :blush:) or our dogs having a wedding ceremony at the dog park. Strange, for sure, but better than before.

kimmiepie
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Whew! I actually have ENERGY today!!!! I have cleaned the linen closet (folded, arranged etc.), made cinnamon raisin bread, done 2 loads of laundry, and hoping to do more. Of course this is in addition to the homeschooling, making bkfst/lunch etc.

I'm hoping this sticks around for a while so I can tackle one or two things a day that have been neglected for so long (which is pretty much everything!).

On a "bad" note though, my 9yr old ds is driving me insane!!!!! Is it the age? He's always been "different" and more difficult than the others, but he is just driving me bonkers lately. I've actually had the thought of putting him only in public school. :blush: Although I know that's not what is best for our family, sometimes I just don't know exactly what to do with him. :(

Oh eta: 12 weeks 2 days and pretty much NO nausea anymore!! Love it!

kimmiepie
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
This time, they're just about odd random stuff, like DH wearing high heels to work (I swear he's never really done this :blush:) or our dogs having a wedding ceremony at the dog park. Strange, for sure, but better than before.

:roflmbo:

bpure8
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
:happyclap::bliss::yay::ohyeah: The Italy Contract has been SIGNED!! We ARE going to Italy! Now the big question? "When?"

AND I now have some Contactes for some Homebirthing midwives on the Island OR that can fly over to help with the delivery.. IF.. we end up over there before baby is due! 5 Contacts to be exact! BIL said it could take up to 18 months to get everything ready for construction OR they may want us over sooner to HELP with the ground braking and planning phase!

bpure8
04-07-2011, 07:20 AM
So excited! DH last day on this job! No more 3 hour drive a day! No more trying to squeeze moneys from a turnip and no more trying to work with a plan that's impossible! So happy for him!! Saturday he drives the 23 hours to Texas.

Felt a huge Kick from baby this morning. Laying in bed it felt like he/she jumped! I guess it could have been a muscle spasm but I choose to think it was baby. Starting to get excited for Tuesday's appointment! Will be such a relief to hear the Heart beat.

Ugh, Teach me to give a New seller on Ebay the benifit of the doubt.. Found an Awesome deal on a Rosetta Stone Italian language speaking lesson 1-5 program. Ebay removed the listing for copyright or Counterfeit issues this morning. Now my moneys get to sit all tied up for 2 weeks while I try to get it back. Praying he just sends it back ASAP!

Havah
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
OK, quick update:
Went to see my OB yesterday (first regular appt). 11 weeks, 4 days, steady solid HB at about 160 (which has already slowed by 10 since my u/s 3 weeks ago). Measuring/identifying u/s coming in about 7 weeks ... :phew: this pregnancy feels like it's flying!!!
I did confront her on my desire to attempt v-bac. I knew it was a long shot (she wouldn't allow it last time), but I had to try ... and this time I actually felt heard! Amazing ...
See, DS was an induced birth at 42+2, but the induction didn't progress at all for the first 48 hours and then when things finally got rolling, he got stuck in crown due to his monster heard size (I pushed for 4 hours with zero progress -- and yes, at that hospital they encouraged walking, bouncing, changing position, squatting with a support rope, etc -- we did everything). Anyways, he was delivered via cesarean at 42+5.
Fast forward to DD. New doc, new hospital. I actually really feel for my OB. I showed up at 18 weeks as a brand new patient (meanwhile, one of the OB's at the clinic had left and she had taken on the influx of his abandoned patients. Can you say, "doc in overload"?). She caught the "stuck baby" part but somehow missed the "extremely overdue" part; so she didn't consider me then a good candidate for a v-bac. Scheduled this cesarean, and not surprisingly, while DD's head was still on the larger side, it wasn't "ginormous" like she had feared.
So, during this conversation, it finally sunk in to her how late DS had been (contributing to his size). She apologized fervently for not processing that part of the story and admitted that I should have been allowed a v-bac attempt last time.
Unfortunately ... our hospital (not my doc) will not allow a v-bac attempt after 2 cesareans. Ironically, it boils down to their lack of NICU. If, God forbid, my uterus were to rupture and the baby suffered oxygen deprivation, they wouldn't be able to adequately treat him (and we're not close to any other regional hospital - the nearest civilian hospital with capacity to handle a v-bac is 60 miles as the crow flies - over the Puget Sound).

So anyways ... kind of a bummer, but I did feel like she really heard me. I also feel vindicated about the last birth. Moreover, since my motivation to push was because my bad recovery history (I got a terrible case of classic pneumonia 2 weeks after delivering DD as an indirect result of surgery at the end of hayfever season), we're putting together a really pro-active plan to keep me "ship-shape" for the grand event. Not my ideal solution, but I can tell she's genuinely paying attention. When I explained to her my confusion (citing friend a friend who'd had 2 successful v-bacs after 2 cesareans; and still another who'd had two cesareans but her current doc was going to try to force her into a v-bac), she readily admitted that the American medical community suffers from a severe case of schizophrenia and was very apologetic about that reality. Unfortunately, her hands are tied and as I can't travel far and can't afford alternatives, so are mine. So, I've decided to assume the attitude that I usually do when things aren't working out according to my wisdom: There's a reason even for this.

Yes. Our church has a Welfare program but they also counsel us to be prepared. We have a pretty large food storage set up. It's how the $275 was going to get us though the month. Milk, eggs, cheese and some fresh fruits and veggies. Everything else was going to be made from scratch from our Storage.

I was like you, then God gave us a HUGE piece of humble Pie!! Really humbled DH and I.. Me first.. and it took DH a few months to allow himself the humility. We've needed assistance the last 2 years for 3-4 months of food assistance and some help with the utilities then we are back up and running for the Spring/Summer months, saving what we can for the next winter. (Construction REALLY sucks lately!)

We are also required to report any changes in income within 10 days of receiving the funds. Have a meeting today for Medicaid for this pregnancy and the baby, to choose which plan will best suit us. We PRAY we won't have to use it but it's there just in case something happens. Most homebirth midwives don't accept Medicaid in Utah. If we decide to birth this LO in Italy it will be a moot point LOL.

Trying sooo Hard to put my Trust in God, have faith and figure this stuff out.. some days I feel like I'm just spent! Then one of my children give me that special smile, say something really funny or give me a hug and things seem so much better!

Oh, ok - that all makes sense. I'm glad your church has help lined up, although I do understand the limitations (since DH was a pastor, we saw the "in's and out's" of how all that worked. It's really hard with a limited supply and often huge demand ... :sadno:

Is your DH a general contractor? A good friend of ours was and so I know from watching their family some of what you've been going through. They went from a very affluent life prior to 2006 to unable to meet their mortgage (even with his wife working full time) in 2009. It was really brutal. He finally made the tough decision to leave the family business ... thankfully, despite govt. budget cuts he was able to snag a position as a county building inspector. As he put it, "the money's less overall, but far more consistent and the benefits are for superior."

I understand now what you mean about "changes in income" if he was working construction. We have that stipulation as well, but it's more brutal on the self-employed than those with regular income.
Meanwhile, the Medicaid challenge seems to be a national thing. In WA, medicaid won't pay midwives or homeopaths; you have to go to an approved doc. Meanwhile, most "approved" medical facilities won't accept Medicaid unless you have a primary source of private insurance. And some docs within those systems won't accept patients who have Medicaid at all. It's really confusing -- and frustrating.

Trusting God is never easy. I think that's why it's called "trust." Did you ever do "trust fall" exercises at retreats or camps? lol ... it was drilled into me from childhood that if you pray for faith, God inserts opportunities into your life for you to trust Him. If you pray for patience, He gives you opportunities to learn and build patience ... so I've learned those are the two things I never want to pray for ... :chuckle:

We are doing lettuce, radishes, zucchini, basil, oregano, rosemary, two kinds of tomatoes, pumpkins (for jack-o-lantern making) and watermelons. I would be so happy with a mini-farm like you described from your youth! We do buy half a grass fed free range beef once a year from a local ranch but I had to give up my backyard chickens when we moved to this place last September. I hope we are able to buy a house within the next year with a big yard that has room for a medium sized garden, chickens and maybe a little milking goat. I am one of those weird people who puts my vegetable garden in the front yard to make the most of my space. :blush:

That's not weird! That's fully AWESOME!!! :giggle2: Glad I'm not the only one. You should see me drooling over my Territorial Seed (http://www.territorialseed.com/)catalogs in January, seeking those hardy plants that are both ornamental and productive. There are certain pole beans that have the most gorgeous flowers ... greens with variegated foliage ... Brightly colored peppers and tomotoes ... a feast for the eyes and the tummy! :drif:

The nice thing about raised bed and square foot gardening is it really is more productive than ground-gardening ... the weeds are easier to control as well. Ground gardening may seem less expensive initially; but it takes a loooong time generally to build the soil to a point that your veggies actually outcompete the weeds. Ground garden laying should also be started in the Autumn. Till, turn in compost, till again, cover with straw, allow to fallow overwinter. Till again. I watched my dad labor for years to get the soil right for reasonable production (reasonable being when the produce is minimally equal to the seed or plant investment).
:blush: Sorry, not to get all lecturesome here!

Usually I have just been dreaming about doing fun things with my husband, if you know what I mean. lol.

Lol ... you guys are making me laugh! I'm notorious for my weird dreams. Yes, they often incorporate scenes that most people consider freaky, but from childhood I remember taking on the idea of the "slayer" in my dreams. Victims running around screaming and I would get all ticked off and say "enough with this." Suddenly I'd have a weapon materialize in my hand and I'd go bad-guy hunting. The weapon that left the strongest impression on my memory was a battleaxe. That's right, a Nordic-style iron-age battleaxe. Now considering that I'm only 5'2" and 110 lbs soaking wet ... pretty ridiculous mental image. Wonder what a shrink would take from that one ...:giggle:

:happyclap::bliss::yay::ohyeah: The Italy Contract has been SIGNED!! We ARE going to Italy! Now the big question? "When?"

AND I now have some Contactes for some Homebirthing midwives on the Island OR that can fly over to help with the delivery.. IF.. we end up over there before baby is due! 5 Contacts to be exact! BIL said it could take up to 18 months to get everything ready for construction OR they may want us over sooner to HELP with the ground braking and planning phase!

YAY! Andrea, that's amazing! Italy will be such a fantastic environment to raise the kids. I'll be praying God provides again in the birthing dept. :hugegrin:

Wow ... that was long ...

smashncakes
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Had the n/t u/s yesterday, they did some growth measurements as well while we were in there and I got a stack of pics...unfortunately I had to take pics of pics with my cell and it sucks for that. Baby's heartrate was 164, everytime they would put the u/s wand on my belly, the baby would turn towards it and kick and punch, then turn around and push its butt up against it :giggle: I think we were in there for 45 minutes while she fought to get the measurements she needed, baby is on track for my due date (10/20-ish), on the heavier end of normal for this stage, and has super long legs..but both of our other kiddos are long-legged giants, so it didn't suprise me or DH. I go back in 4 weeks for a regular checkup and another part of the n/t bloodwork (I don't remember it being two-part bloodwork before???), then we'll have our main growth/gender (for DH) ultrasound 4 weeks after that. And baby pics :D

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/brennamathis/nut%20belly%20pics/IMG00047-20110407-0840.jpg http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/brennamathis/nut%20belly%20pics/IMG00043-20110407-0757.jpg

nrsenadenos
04-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Awww, nice pics!

I'm a little worried, can anyone put my mind at ease? I haven't gained any weight in the last 4 weeks, not a pound. I haven't thrown up even once, so it's not been because I was sick or anything. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining. I also haven't gained anything at all around my middle in the last two week, whereas before I was steadily gaining about an inch every two weeks. I keep having "spotting" off and on - not even so much spotting, more like mucous mixed with brown blood that's mostly just there when I wipe. I'll have it for two or three days and then nothing. Can't figure out why, I'm not exercising or doing any activity out of the normal, it's not occurring after BDing or anything...sigh. Appointment is next Friday (the 15th) so just hoping everything is all good...

sisu
04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Brenna - Those pictures are great, especially for pictures of pictures! :wub:

hbee
04-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Awww, nice pics!

I'm a little worried, can anyone put my mind at ease? I haven't gained any weight in the last 4 weeks, not a pound. I haven't thrown up even once, so it's not been because I was sick or anything. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining. I also haven't gained anything at all around my middle in the last two week, whereas before I was steadily gaining about an inch every two weeks. I keep having "spotting" off and on - not even so much spotting, more like mucous mixed with brown blood that's mostly just there when I wipe. I'll have it for two or three days and then nothing. Can't figure out why, I'm not exercising or doing any activity out of the normal, it's not occurring after BDing or anything...sigh. Appointment is next Friday (the 15th) so just hoping everything is all good...

I haven't gained weight, I haven't been sick (thrown up or nauseous.) I think I've gained between 1-2 inches total about my waist. I think I may be thickening a bit lower because none of my regular pants want to close any more though. I had spotting off and on, although that seems to have stopped a couple weeks ago. I had two weeks straight of spotting that pretty much sounds exactly like yours when I was at four weeks, then spotting for two days at eight weeks. Does it happen to be close to when your period would have come? You can call the doc, they may schedule you for an ultrasound. When I told them I had spotted, they scheduled me.

nrsenadenos
04-08-2011, 07:42 AM
I haven't gained weight, I haven't been sick (thrown up or nauseous.) I think I've gained between 1-2 inches total about my waist. I think I may be thickening a bit lower because none of my regular pants want to close any more though. I had spotting off and on, although that seems to have stopped a couple weeks ago. I had two weeks straight of spotting that pretty much sounds exactly like yours when I was at four weeks, then spotting for two days at eight weeks. Does it happen to be close to when your period would have come? You can call the doc, they may schedule you for an ultrasound. When I told them I had spotted, they scheduled me.

My periods are irregular. I already go in next week, so wasn't going to bother with it any sooner since it's not bright red or cramping or anything. I too had spotting during the early weeks, which is normal for me, but it is out of the norm for me to spot at this stage of the game without a reason (like overdoing it with a workout or having sex the day before or something). I'm going to be 14 weeks tomorrow. This is my 5th pregnancy, so not really any muscle tone left to hide a pregnancy, and I was gaining pretty steadily there.

Havah
04-08-2011, 09:24 AM

:yeahthat: I'd call your triage nurse to put your mind at ease. The lack of weight gain isn't necessarily a huge thing -- especially if you're chasing toddlers or even still nursing (?). But the spotting thing would be good to clear up.
I've actually lost weight this pregnancy - and I was already underweight to begin with! The joys of nursing while preggo :sigh:. My docs aren't too worried about it, though, as long as baby's sounding strong and I'm not showing signs of malnutrition. 1st tri weight gain isn't important. You should start to see an upswing with this tri. I know my mom NEVER gained with her first tri's and she never had morning sickness at all either. She actually only gained 20 lbs with my bro, and he was a healthy 8lb 10oz'er! :giggle:

nrsenadenos
04-08-2011, 09:49 AM
With my previous pregnancies I pretty much gained 3-4 pounds a month until 34ish weeks, excepting one big jump month around 16-20 weeks where I would jump up more. Then the last month or so I wouldn't gain at all, unless it was water weight. So a little different this time around.

ohgirlohboyohno
04-08-2011, 01:13 PM
appointment day!!!

I had the nuchal u/s and paperwork - everything looked good - arms legs belly head - she didn't look at the brain - I guess it is too early (I had a previous pregnancy with cysts)...Doc said baby looked good - big...it was very stubborn and would not turn over so she had to do the measurements with it on it's belly - which means also not the best photos for ME! :giggle:

Gained a pound - YAY!

Dinner tonight at the in-laws

Oh and my husband has decided he wants a new job.... and so that means we will be moving - ugh!! I have moved during the last 2 pregnancies, and now this one too :( :crossfingers: hopefully this is the right choice.

ma-meem
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I had the nuchal u/s and bloodwork today too :) everything lookes awesome! Heart rate was 176 :) here's a pic! sorry, it's also a pic of a pic, as they don't do the digital ones where we had it done.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy204/ecomama2b/DSC02563.jpg

hbee
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Had the n/t u/s yesterday, they did some growth measurements as well while we were in there and I got a stack of pics...unfortunately I had to take pics of pics with my cell and it sucks for that. Baby's heartrate was 164, everytime they would put the u/s wand on my belly, the baby would turn towards it and kick and punch, then turn around and push its butt up against it :giggle: I think we were in there for 45 minutes while she fought to get the measurements she needed, baby is on track for my due date (10/20-ish), on the heavier end of normal for this stage, and has super long legs..but both of our other kiddos are long-legged giants, so it didn't suprise me or DH. I go back in 4 weeks for a regular checkup and another part of the n/t bloodwork (I don't remember it being two-part bloodwork before???), then we'll have our main growth/gender (for DH) ultrasound 4 weeks after that. And baby pics :D

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/brennamathis/nut%20belly%20pics/IMG00047-20110407-0840.jpg http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/brennamathis/nut%20belly%20pics/IMG00043-20110407-0757.jpg

I had the nuchal u/s and bloodwork today too :) everything lookes awesome! Heart rate was 176 :) here's a pic! sorry, it's also a pic of a pic, as they don't do the digital ones where we had it done.

Aw! They look like babies now!

bpure8
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Loving all of these pics of the babies :wub: :wub: :wub: *sigh*

momof4kidz
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Finally posted on Facebook. Now I wait for the negative comments and phone call from mom once my sister sees it. Sigh. Let the crap hit the fan!

Taylor
04-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Finally posted on Facebook. Now I wait for the negative comments and phone call from mom once my sister sees it. Sigh. Let the crap hit the fan!

Awe, I'm sorry you're expecting such negative reactions. :( I have been hesitant to tell anyone for the same reason. I have gotten several negative reactions and it's just been a drag.

ambersrose
04-08-2011, 08:18 PM

beautiful! Glad everything looks good!!

ambersrose
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM

praying you get a better response from everyone. :hugs:

ambersrose
04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I did confront her on my desire to attempt v-bac. I knew it was a long shot (she wouldn't allow it last time), but I had to try ... and this time I actually felt heard! Amazing ...

I am sorry you were denied a v-bac with this birth but I am glad you were listened too by the ob. That is so important. :hugs:

momof4kidz
04-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Well many friends have been supportive but nada from mom or sis. However my sis did post HER ultrasound pics about an hour later and all her friends were gushing about her and her "bestie" being pregnant together. Nothing about me though which leads me to believe she is choosing to ignore it and is mad at me for being pregnant too. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get a call from my mom soon.

I love the ultrasound pics! I can't wait to get better pics of our little one!

bpure8
04-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Well many friends have been supportive but nada from mom or sis. However my sis did post HER ultrasound pics about an hour later and all her friends were gushing about her and her "bestie" being pregnant together. Nothing about me though which leads me to believe she is choosing to ignore it and is mad at me for being pregnant too. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get a call from my mom soon.

I love the ultrasound pics! I can't wait to get better pics of our little one!

Glad you have some friends support but the family support is needed. Hope your mom's call is/was pleasant and uplifting!

What exactly is your sisters problem with you both expecting at the same time? Did i miss something? I would LOVE it!! my baby sis and I were expecting the same time once for about 2 months. But she didn't know untill about a week before she delivered.

bpure8
04-09-2011, 06:06 AM
double post

Havah
04-09-2011, 09:10 AM

:yay: PTL! (Ok, I normally don't use that acronym, but so excited for you!!) Gorgeous profile!

Yikes. Well, I'm glad your friends proved more supportive that you anticipated but your fam's reactions (or anticipated ones) really throw me. If you don't mind my asking, are you and your sis on different # for LO's? If your extended fam prefers smaller family sizes (like the culture trend), it could at least explain the negativity (not that I think it in ANY way excuses it!) :hugs:

I kind of anticipated the inverse reaction in our case ... both our families are pretty pro-"big family" ... but our peers are all "delayed family planning" and "responsible family planning." (I.e., if you're poor, don't add to the surplus population). I told family in person before I announced on FB and I think that helped. But I also announce stuff like this on FB in a tongue-in-cheek fashion, "Well, crud. Now we need a bigger car." Takes the wind out of their sails if they're feeling snarky. :chuckle:.

I am sorry you were denied a v-bac with this birth but I am glad you were listened too by the ob. That is so important. :hugs:

Me too. I don't really mind so much as long as she takes my recovery seriously. I don't feel like a failure having never successfully pushed a kid out. Rearing method a tad more important to me than delivery method. And knowing it's more because of where we are and the risk to my baby than anything else ... well, as long as baby and I are both healthy, I really don't care. :p I just don't want post-op pneumonia again. Kind of puts a damper on the whole new baby experience.

Taylor
04-09-2011, 10:08 AM

I'm sorry. :( I had a c-section with my first son and refused to go through it again, couldn't find any OB's so I went with a pair of homebirth midwives. Best decision I ever made! I had a homebirth with my 3rd and then this time I attempted to find an OB who would do backup care during this pregnancy and was unable to find anyone who would "allow" me to VBAC even though I've had TWO vaginal births since my cesarean. I couldn't believe it! I said screw it and am back with the midwife I used with my third pregnancy. There is no way I'm going to force myself into such a long recovery with 3 other kiddos to care for.

Taylor
04-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm so jealous looking at all these ultrasound pictures! We're 13 days away from our ultrasound. I can't wait!

momof4kidz
04-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Taylor that's also why we have a midwife this time :)

Mom hasn't called but my sis is very manipulative. She defriended me on fb this morning without saying anything. We haven't had the best relationship since I watched my niece for a year and sis went off her meds and started seeing things that weren't there. Now she's still off her antidepressants and pregnant. She was okay with us being pregnant at the same time when I was having number 3 and she was having number one. But this time I think she believes I'm trying to show her up and take away attention from her. She's also against big families as are my parents. We converted to Catholicism and practice natural bc and they just don't understand. Well everyone except her "bestie" who is prego with number 4. It really hurts because it's my kids who don't understand why
they don't see her and my niece anymore.

Mom hasn't called and may not. I don't know. It may be the pregnancy emotions but I'm a mess today. I can't bring myself to call her. I hope both of them can get over themselves enough to come to my oldest dd's first communion party but in my sisters case I doubt it.

Funny thing is this baby will actually save us money. Hubby is now being forced to pay a ton for insurance (we never had to pay the premium before) and the extra tax deduction will help with that.

Anyways sorry to be a Debbie Downer today everyone. I hope everyone has a good weekend. It's really nice here. I'm so glad we can all be excited for each other :)

ma-meem
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Havah...thanks!!!! yes, so excited that things seem to be going great thus far! the baby did a HUGE stretch and the legs look sooo long, which is great!!!! long limbs = good news for us :)

Ambersrose....thanks hun! :)

Holly...I know, they grow sooo fast from 8 weeks to 12 weeks!

hbee
04-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner today! I'm super excited because I've really wanted them for the past few days.

Taylor
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Taylor that's also why we have a midwife this time :)

Mom hasn't called but my sis is very manipulative. She defriended me on fb this morning without saying anything. We haven't had the best relationship since I watched my niece for a year and sis went off her meds and started seeing things that weren't there. Now she's still off her antidepressants and pregnant. She was okay with us being pregnant at the same time when I was having number 3 and she was having number one. But this time I think she believes I'm trying to show her up and take away attention from her. She's also against big families as are my parents. We converted to Catholicism and practice natural bc and they just don't understand. Well everyone except her "bestie" who is prego with number 4. It really hurts because it's my kids who don't understand why
they don't see her and my niece anymore.

Mom hasn't called and may not. I don't know. It may be the pregnancy emotions but I'm a mess today. I can't bring myself to call her. I hope both of them can get over themselves enough to come to my oldest dd's first communion party but in my sisters case I doubt it.

Funny thing is this baby will actually save us money. Hubby is now being forced to pay a ton for insurance (we never had to pay the premium before) and the extra tax deduction will help with that.

Anyways sorry to be a Debbie Downer today everyone. I hope everyone has a good weekend. It's really nice here. I'm so glad we can all be excited for each other :)

Wow. That is so sad! I imagine it hurts pretty badly, but to be honest, you don't need such negativity in your life. Unrelated, but I had some serious drama with my biological father my entire life and one day it finally came to me realizing that he's just not a good thing in my life and I don't want it in my children's lives. We don't talk anymore and he doesn't exist to me. It sure hurt, but he was never the father he was supposed to be. Sounds like she's not being the sister she should be. :(

This is our fourth and probably our last (maybe...), but we've gotten several negative reactions to the pregnancy. It hurts! I found myself taking a lot longer to get excited because I was constantly answering ridiculous questions from other people and dealing with their stupid comments about how "crazy" we are for having four children.

momof4kidz
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Taylor- I know how you feel and thanks I think I needed to hear that. Luckily so far acquaintances have been okay with it but I'm sure I'll start hearing it soon from the grandmas in the supermarket lol! So sad that people are so judgmental.

Hbee- stuffed peppers yum! Wish I could get my hubby to like them!

ambersrose
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Going over my best friends house for dinner tonight to celebrate her husbands 40th birthday. I am a bit nervous. She admitted to being a bit jealous of my pregnancy since she has had her tubes tied and can not have anymore. We had our last two babies right around the same time and this time I will be doing it alone. I think that is one of the reasons why I am not as excited as I should be about this pregnancy. My best friend an I are close like sisters, our kids are super close too and our husbands are friends. I dont want to talk about my pregnancy tonight but I know the topic will come up. I keep telling myself that we are true friends and something like this will not alter our relationship but I also know how powerful jealousy can be :(

ma-meem
04-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Taylor and momof4kids...I feel for you both...I don't know why people have to be like that. A large family is wonderful and a gift. :hugs:

bpure8
04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Taylor and momof4kids :hugs: Large families really are a blessing! It's so hard that they can't see that!

It's just me and the kids for the next 2 weeks. Hubby left for Texas this morning. Kind of looking forard to it. Popcorn and movie every night since hubby won't have to go to bed at 9:00 every night. PARTY!!! (Don't tell him. teehee) Going to make some Caramel Corn tonight and watch a movie I've not seen for a while. Haven't decided yet. We don't have TV service and have been collecting movies for the last 20 years so we have a HUGE selection to choose from.

momof4kidz
04-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Bpure8 sounds like fun! Yummy too! Hubby wanted to watch Tron tonight but then decided to tackle the garage. Aargh! Oh well at least he's cleaning.

Turns out mom was upset I didn't tell her more than upset I was pregnant again. I tried to explain that her always saying we didn't need another was why but I gave up. She is now convinced Facebook is evil and causes too many problems lol. She offered to help if we needed it. I dont think my sister will come around though. Too much bad blood.

And now hubby is trying to make ME help with the garage. Um no!

z1ggy23
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
momof4kidz - awe, sorry your mom is upset, whatever the reason :hugs:

Theresa and Brenna - cute pics, btw ;)

Andrea - sound like fun!

Everyone else - *waves*

So all this "nub theory" talk made me go back and look my the pics from my NT scan... no dice baby is too curled up.. oh well

momof4kidz
04-09-2011, 11:01 PM
My lil bean was too small on our last one to try the " nub" theory on. Sounds interesting though!

Taylor
04-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Taylor and momof4kids :hugs: Large families really are a blessing! It's so hard that they can't see that!

It's just me and the kids for the next 2 weeks. Hubby left for Texas this morning. Kind of looking forard to it. Popcorn and movie every night since hubby won't have to go to bed at 9:00 every night. PARTY!!! (Don't tell him. teehee) Going to make some Caramel Corn tonight and watch a movie I've not seen for a while. Haven't decided yet. We don't have TV service and have been collecting movies for the last 20 years so we have a HUGE selection to choose from.

:giggle: Mine is leaving later this week for some field training and I'm excited to have a few nights just myself and the boys! Oh, and to make our favorite dishes without him complaining because he's an extremely picky eater.

momof4kidz
04-10-2011, 07:31 AM
My hubby's a picky eater too and now oldest dd is following after him. I blame it on mil for feeding him tv dinners all the time. Yuck! Have a good time both of you :)

Havah
04-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Turns out mom was upset I didn't tell her more than upset I was pregnant again. I tried to explain that her always saying we didn't need another was why but I gave up. She is now convinced Facebook is evil and causes too many problems lol. She offered to help if we needed it. I dont think my sister will come around though. Too much bad blood.

Your mom sounds like a growing number from that generation. My folks and IL's refuse to join (not that I blame them) - they've only seen the negative aspects of online communities ... and I'm starting to wonder if they might be right. Drama just seems to exasperate itself places like FB ... too many lurking "pot-stirrers." I've gotten to the point that I only post neutral comments (even on my own wall) unless I'm in the mood to cheerily jump into the fray (or start a raucus). :giggle:
Glad she came around though ... sorry to hear about your sister. :hugs:

Havah
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry. :( I had a c-section with my first son and refused to go through it again, couldn't find any OB's so I went with a pair of homebirth midwives. Best decision I ever made! I had a homebirth with my 3rd and then this time I attempted to find an OB who would do backup care during this pregnancy and was unable to find anyone who would "allow" me to VBAC even though I've had TWO vaginal births since my cesarean. I couldn't believe it! I said screw it and am back with the midwife I used with my third pregnancy. There is no way I'm going to force myself into such a long recovery with 3 other kiddos to care for.

OK, not willing despite 2 successful VBAC's? That's just ... weird. Glad you've had good experiences with the midwives. I'm just not ... driven enough to try to find a good one in a new area. That and my one birth attempt does not leave me very optomistic about dilating on my own. 42 weeks and still not even at 1cm? Even they started to wonder if I was as far along as suggested ... until they pulled him out looking like a one-month-old and my placenta was so weak they had to pull it out in pieces. :yuck: I realize that we're too gung-ho in America for medical intervention, but I put everything off as long as possible; as did my doc ... and reality is, there are those who end up "statistics." I'm choosing to trust God in all these events. Recoveries have been a bear, but each time I come out that much more resilient. I'm at peace with it. :goodvibes:

Besides, I've become so well-educated on cesareans and recoveries (as has my husband) that we've been finding ourselves coming alongside young couples who've endured emergency c-sections. For some reason both husband and wife aren't processing that she's undergone massive invasive abdominal surgery (the husbands moreso). We've been supporting and accountability-holding, which is a good thing.