PDA

View Full Version : Mirena removal

moonlightblonde
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I am due to have my mirena out at the end of the month and am really nervous.

I don't even know where to begin. I will probably head to the library and see if I can find 'taking charge of your fertility' or something along those lines.

Did I mention that I am nervous?, lol.
Does anyone know how long it takes until your body can start to regulate?

I haven't had regular periods since before dd was born almost 3 years ago. In the past 3ish years I have had 2-3 'periods', light spotting for 1-3 days.

I have already told dp I do not plan on EVER going back on hormonal bc. I *know* that the dr. is going to try to fight me on this one.

I will be tta for a few months but open to another 'accident'. Dd is a pill baby (I honestly never missed a pill EVER, religiously had an alarm set..my brother was conceived the same way - found out afterwards).

Any advice? It seems so hard.

tygr2410
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
i have a friend that concieved two weeks after removal (so first cycle)

on the other hand, i am breastfeeding so that could be it, but i havnt' gotten a cycle back yet and it's been out for 6ish weeks

CaliRoll
04-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Don't worry about it! I ovulated 12 days after having my Mirena removed but we purposely avoided that one. My first AF was 25 days post-removal. Normal AF, nothing as bad as expected, then O on CD14. DTD on schedule but it didn't take. Cycle lasted 27 days. Another normal AF, O'd a bit early on CD 11, caught the egg, have a wonderful baby girl to show for it.

If I'm not pg this cycle I'm going to get a regular copper IUD next month. I loved the ease of the IUD, just can't handle the hormones in the Mirena. Pills are too easy to mess up and it seems too hard to bother with rings and patches, plus again with the issues the hormones cause.

You'll do great, there's nothing to be nervous about!

Sweetbabybows
04-09-2011, 11:53 PM
I got my mirena taken out b/c we wanted to have another baby. I got my first AF exactly 28 days later ( I think) and next cycle I was pregnant. Sadly I lost that baby at only 5 1/2 wks. My dr told me to wait one cycle and we could try again.....now I'm almost 32wks with dd #2. I think I only had one or 2 periods while I had the mirena in and I plan to get another one after this baby. Both of my little sisters were concieved while my mom was on the pill.

CaliRoll
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I got my mirena taken out b/c we wanted to have another baby. I got my first AF exactly 28 days later ( I think) and next cycle I was pregnant. Sadly I lost that baby at only 5 1/2 wks.

SS for your loss! :hugs: I looked on the internet before having mine removed and read a lot of similar stories. We didn't try too hard the O after my first post-removal AF and I was actually kinda relieved we didn't get pg that cycle because the risk of mc seems so high.

Granted, a friend of mine had a healthy DS conceived the very first cycle post-removal, so you never can tell.

crunchymom2b
04-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I had mine removed a couple of weeks ago due to awful side effects. It was giving me Silent Migraines, I was having pregnancy symptoms, bloating, etc. I also never had a period while using Mirena and now that I know how it really works I will never, ever, get another IUD. ever.

Right now we're using condoms all the time but I am charting just for my own benefit. I had been spotting the week I got the Mirena out, and a few days after, but nothing since. According to CM it looks like I'm about to O, and I'm on day 13 after it's been removed. But we'll see. I'm happy to share my chart if you'd like to see how it's gone since removal.

moonlightblonde
04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Was anyone in pain or bloated for weeks after wards? I really should not have googled, lol.

I am going on a cruise 2 weeks later and would rather not look pregnant when I am not.

firemommaof1
04-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I've had two of them. First one I had removed and started my period the following month. Normal flow nothing to bad.
Second time I had it removed the flow was heavy and annoying.... I started bleeding like a day or two after I took it out. No cramps or bloating but just like a regular period.
I know if your getting it out to ttc you need to have one full cycle under your belt to lower the miscarriage loss rate. We waited one cycle and then bam preggo :giggle:

CaliRoll
04-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't remember any bloating or pain. Just shock at the first EWCM, LOL. I had the Mirena put in when DS was 8 weeks old and didn't have AF or O the whole 2 years it was in. So the first EWCM, especially before the first AF, was super weird. Probably TMI but it was a HUGE glob. Like one really big clear chunk.

moonlightblonde
04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
I've had two of them. First one I had removed and started my period the following month. Normal flow nothing to bad.
Second time I had it removed the flow was heavy and annoying.... I started bleeding like a day or two after I took it out. No cramps or bloating but just like a regular period.
I know if your getting it out to ttc you need to have one full cycle under your belt to lower the miscarriage loss rate. We waited one cycle and then bam preggo :giggle:

I just want to have it out to have it out. We wont be ttc for awhile.