PDA

View Full Version : Does Lowes have a teacher discount?

wolffie
04-15-2011, 08:02 AM
I thought I remembered reading on here that Lowes offers a discount for teachers. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't find anything about it on the Lowes website. Thanks!!!

ETA: all I'm finding is that Lowes offers tax exempt with proper paperwork but that won't work since I'm not buying 40 sheets of drywall for school!

lakemom
04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
They do offer a 10% discount for Military (including dependents, and reserves, and guard, and active duty), you just have to show them your ID card. Have you tried just calling and asking your local store?

wolffie
04-15-2011, 11:33 AM
They do offer a 10% discount for Military (including dependents, and reserves, and guard, and active duty), you just have to show them your ID card. Have you tried just calling and asking your local store?

Thanks! We're not military though. I did sign up for the lowes and home depot moving program and they are supposed to email me a 10% off coupon. Hopefully we'll get it soon! I figure that's about the best we'll be able to do. Thanks though!

stevensmom
04-15-2011, 11:34 AM
I've never heard of home improvement stores giving teacher discounts

wolffie
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I've never heard of home improvement stores giving teacher discounts

I hadn't either but swore that I read it on here. I guess not. oh well.

KaleidoscopeEyes
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
i just buy 10% off coupon from ebay whenever i want to make a large purchase

slimy72
04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I know kwal howell paint offers one, but I'm not sure on lowes, would love to know as both of us are teachers.

wolffie
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I know kwal howell paint offers one, but I'm not sure on lowes, would love to know as both of us are teachers.

From what I've found they don't offer a teacher discount other than the tax exempt if supplies are purchased for school. BUT, I did find a link for a 10% off Lowes moving coupon. Here's the link -

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Lowes+Moving+Center_509684072_

Home Depot also has the moving program too.

Avasmommy
04-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Go to the Post Office and pick up one of their change of address envelopes....there are usually 10 or 15% off coupons in there!

wolffie
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Go to the Post Office and pick up one of their change of address envelopes....there are usually 10 or 15% off coupons in there!

Thanks, but the post office doesn't have the coupons in the moving packets anymore. People were going in and taking all the packets and selling the coupons on ebay. Now there is a link to the coupon online.