PDA

View Full Version : Brown eyebrows turning blond?? Why?

brennan
04-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find anywhere else to put it....

Anyway, I have brown hair. I've never dyed it before. It is lighter than your typical brunette, but not dirty blond, definately brown. When I was a baby I had blond hair. Obviously with my dark hair I also have dark eyebrows. Well lately (I have no idea when it started) my eyebrows started turning blond. Now other than in the middle, they are almost entirely blond. Any idea why this is happening? I am pregnant so I guess? that could be doing it? I tried googling it and all I got was a bunch of people wanting to dye their eyebrows.

Help?

MamaWillow
04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I have no idea but I feel like this is happening to me too. I have brown hair, used to be dirty blond as a child. It's not like dark dark brown, but it's certainly brown. My brows have always been REALLY dark, and very pronounced. I used to hate them because they were so dark. Lately I've noticed that they are WAY lighter than before. I feel like I need brow pencil or something because they really aren't that pronounced anymore. It is really weird. I'm pg too. :headscratch:

sisu
04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I have naturally dark blond hair, but really dark eyebrows and eyelashes. When I was pregnant with DS my eyebrows got lighter, then after he was born they got dark again. Now I'm pregnant again, and they're getting lighter again. I say it's gotta have something to do pregnancy and all those extra hormones.

brennan
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
How funny! Well I don't have to pluck my eyebrows for now (because they're so blond atm) so I'll take that! I thought being pg would have something to do with it, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

tommymommy
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
It must have something to do with pigments. My dad still has jet black hair but his mustache is totally grey. Everyone thinks he dyes his hair, but he doesn't, lol. :)

MCR
04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
My very dark brown hair got a lot of red while I was pregnant, and yet I don't have red hair Even the doc ask if I'd been putting in red highlights. It went away after I had the babies.

MW69842
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Strange.

Pregnancy definitely changes things.

My eye color changed during pregnancy, and never changed back. ;)

FWIW - I have dark hair, with some red in...had a lot of blond in it as a child, and all of my body hair (legs, arms, lashes, brows, etc) is white blond.

Sent from my Droid using DS Forum

tiffysgot5
04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
fear not hair goes all whackadoodle when youre preggo if it bothers you alot though you can get a brow pencil.

LindyLouWho
04-29-2011, 05:00 PM
The only other thing I can think of other than your hormones causing it would be if you used a new facial lotion or something that had benzoyl peroxide in it.