PDA

View Full Version : maternity bikini

yellowitchgrl
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
First time in my life I'm a size 2! I need a new bathing suit and want to get a bikini. I thought about getting just a regular bikini but the butt doesn't seem like it's wide enough. My butts still a size 2 but it's spread a bit.

Anyway, I don't want to spend a million dollars on one. Does anyone have any experience buying one? Should I just get a normal bikini or go for a maternity one?

TwinKristi
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
There are some cute maternity suits but if you're a 2 you might wanna rock a normal one ya know? Jealous!! :goodvibes:

yellowitchgrl
05-02-2011, 06:30 AM
There are some cute maternity suits but if you're a 2 you might wanna rock a normal one ya know? Jealous!! :goodvibes:

I bet you can eat pizza and mac n cheese in which case I'm extremely jealous of you ;) I lost a lot of weight because I had to cut out a lot of foods that give me headaches. Think pregnant with no ice cream or cookies, or cake or candy or doritos or fast food or really any other food that just makes eating such a pleasure. :drif:

No, I have to eat almost 100% healthy. Good for my body, good for the baby, not so good on the cravings.

I may go try a regular bathing suit store at the mall. :thumbsup:

litllegreekmama
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Jealous! My chest and bottom would not fit into a 2 sized bikini! Not to hijack but i'm also trying to find a preggo swim suit-do you ladies think it's ok for a pregnant woman to wear a bikini nowadays? I know the celebs do it-but I'm not Kate Hudson so...:giggle2:

seacat
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I could never find a maternity suit that I thought was cute. I wound up going up a size to address the bottom issue and just buying a regular suit. For the comment above I think if you are comfortable in a bikini go for it! I wound up with a tankini and really liked that.

mydreamteam
05-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Jealous! My chest and bottom would not fit into a 2 sized bikini! Not to hijack but i'm also trying to find a preggo swim suit-do you ladies think it's ok for a pregnant woman to wear a bikini nowadays? I know the celebs do it-but I'm not Kate Hudson so...:giggle2:

I have a friend who wore a bikini when she was pg and it looked ADORABLE. Of course, she was thin every where but belly, tan and generally gorgeous so that certainly helped :goodvibes:

As for me, I'm pale as a ghost and stretch marked. I'll take a tankini, thankyouverymuch :blush:

yellowitchgrl
05-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I have 2 tankinis that are too big now so I'd have to buy a new one anyway. I really like bikinis better so that's why I want to go for it :D

ThreadsThatBind
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Hope you find something cute! I was determined to wear a bikini this past pregnancy, but didn't get a chance. I don't wear one when not preggo, because I'm self conscious of my "tummy". :giggle: But you're supposed to have a big tummy when preggo, right?!?! lol

yellowitchgrl
05-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Hope you find something cute! I was determined to wear a bikini this past pregnancy, but didn't get a chance. I don't wear one when not preggo, because I'm self conscious of my "tummy". :giggle: But you're supposed to have a big tummy when preggo, right?!?! lol

That's my thought! I'll be second trimester, God willing, so should be in the cute prego stage before the killer whale part kicks in :giggle:

cdwelton
05-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm a size 2 also, but I had a hard time finding bikini tops that fit my boobs BEFORE getting pregnant. I don't even want to try on some now! haha (thank goodness I'm due in 5 weeks, and won't need a swim suit) I don't see a point between maternity bikini's though, it doesn't cover your belly! I would just search the regular section.

justineybean
05-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Yes I think it's okay! I don't feel comfortable wearing a bikini pregnant or not... and have not been pregnant in the summer. But anyway, I see some moms at the beach in their bikinis while pregnant and am so jealous. I think they're cute. :)

linzbear
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I bought a bra-sized bikini that looks awesome! Fits before and after pregnancy too, and I did look cute in it. :giggle:

I can't buy regular bikinis because I'm a 32H and fall out of S/M/L tops in different ways.

girlichick
05-02-2011, 05:52 PM
LOL at the cute second trimester belly/before giant whale stage kicks in :giggle2: I know what you mean!

We're going on a cruise next month and i'll be about 22 weeks pregnant so I've been debating bikini/tankini. All I have are bikini's (I'm a size 2 also) with a couple of maternity tankinis that I don't really like. I will probably buy a non-maternity tankini and pair it with my maternity bikini bottoms (chocolate brown). I prefer the maternity bottoms when I'm prego because they are much more comfortable around the tummy/hip area than my regular bikinis. So maybe grab some maternity bottoms and try on non maternity tops. That would be my suggestion!

TNSearch
05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I already have a tankini that's conservative, and I will wear that at the pool at my hubby's school. I'd hate for the boss to see me, I'd get a little self-conscious. But, I opted for a regular skirted suit with a top that ties and I went a size up. It's so cute.

songbird516
05-03-2011, 07:19 AM
There is a really awesome brand called ...what is that name? Pez D'Or. If you can find one of their swimsuits on sale, they make maternity two-pieces and one-pieces and are really cute and fashionable. I am looking forward to being pregnant partly so that I can justify buying one, lol.

yellowitchgrl
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
LOL at the cute second trimester belly/before giant whale stage kicks in :giggle2: I know what you mean!

We're going on a cruise next month and i'll be about 22 weeks pregnant so I've been debating bikini/tankini. All I have are bikini's (I'm a size 2 also) with a couple of maternity tankinis that I don't really like. I will probably buy a non-maternity tankini and pair it with my maternity bikini bottoms (chocolate brown). I prefer the maternity bottoms when I'm prego because they are much more comfortable around the tummy/hip area than my regular bikinis. So maybe grab some maternity bottoms and try on non maternity tops. That would be my suggestion!

that's mostly what I was concerned about with a regular bikini :)

yellowitchgrl
05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
There is a really awesome brand called ...what is that name? Pez D'Or. If you can find one of their swimsuits on sale, they make maternity two-pieces and one-pieces and are really cute and fashionable. I am looking forward to being pregnant partly so that I can justify buying one, lol.

spiffy, I'll look into it :)

yellowitchgrl
05-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Ended up getting bottoms that are maternity and matching them to a current bikini top.

Pic of me today, 13 weeks. Thanks for all your help! :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/yellowitchgrl/Retreat/P5254451.jpg