PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Checked the Chinese Gender Chart?

sasra_nu
05-14-2011, 10:17 AM
So I don't really buy into it, but I checked the Chinese gender chart this morning just for fun and according to that, I will be having a girl. :giggle: Poor DH!

Here is a link if you don't want to search for it (http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html)

It was right for DD, and I have friends that swear by it, but I am guessing it has about a 50% accuracy rate ;) Still fun though!

austinandashlynsmommy
05-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I haven't checked it this time yet but it was wrong on 2 out of 3 for me, lol

lovermuffin
05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
It says that I should have a Boy. Lucky, DH! He has so sad when his first child came out a girl. LOL

vittoriosmom
05-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I checked and it said a BOY! Well I am hoping for a girl because this will be my second and last child so I would love to have one of each but... I know my son would have a brother which would make my world too... Either way I will be a happy mama!

sasra_nu
05-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I checked and it said a BOY! Well I am hoping for a girl because this will be my second and last child so I would love to have one of each but... I know my son would have a brother which would make my world too... Either way I will be a happy mama!

Same here, I am totally happy either way. I love having a little girl and always wanted a sister myself (I have 2 brothers), so I would love another little girl. But I would also love one of each, and I know DH would like a boy. There's a good chance this will be our last child (I would never say never, but for a lot of reasons it just may work out that way for us). That 20 weeks ultrasound seems sooooooo far away!

vittoriosmom
05-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Same here, I am totally happy either way. I love having a little girl and always wanted a sister myself (I have 2 brothers), so I would love another little girl. But I would also love one of each, and I know DH would like a boy. There's a good chance this will be our last child (I would never say never, but for a lot of reasons it just may work out that way for us). That 20 weeks ultrasound seems sooooooo far away!

I saw a "gender test" at the pharmacy yesterday next to the pregnancy test. I assume it is a urine test also... I think I may try that :giggle:

austinandashlynsmommy
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I saw a "gender test" at the pharmacy yesterday next to the pregnancy test. I assume it is a urine test also... I think I may try that :giggle:

I have 2 friends who tried one of those while pregnant. It was right for one and wrong for the other, lol. I thought about doing it but I'm afraid if it said girl I would be really excited and then disappointed if it turned out to be wrong. I'm happy either way, but if I had the choice, I would choose a girl.

vittoriosmom
05-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I would choose a girl for me but a boy for DH and DS!

kismetbaby
05-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Yay it says girl! But it said that for my son and I am here to tell you he is all boy! :giggle:

Anything you try will have a 50/50 chance of being right. . .

I am totally having girl vibes here though, and I am not usually wrong when I get these vibes. My son was due on Sept 26, but right away I though Oct 1 would be a cool bday, and sure enough he was born on Oct 1. AND with TTC this time I kept thinking May was going to be significant. I thought it meant a May due date, but I guess it meant a May BFP. Course, I'll take any baby though! :)

solarbabies
05-14-2011, 03:52 PM
It says boy for me. I hope it is right, we have a dd and this will be my last child. But another girl would be fine....we just want one of each.

mrspnut82
05-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Haha well it says girl for me. According to my SIL's method (which is seriously always right) it would be girl too. The way SIL does it is you take your age at time of conception and add the number of the month of your due date. If it's even then boy, odd then girl.
Like: I'm 28 (at conception) + 1 (for January) so 29 = girl.
Try it. She has only been wrong 1 time for anyone I know of IRL. It was in the case of someone who didn't conceive the old-fashioned way so maybe that's why it didn't work?

vittoriosmom
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
:giggle:By this method it look like my son should have been a girl...

sasra_nu
05-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Haha well it says girl for me. According to my SIL's method (which is seriously always right) it would be girl too. The way SIL does it is you take your age at time of conception and add the number of the month of your due date. If it's even then boy, odd then girl.
Try it. She has only been wrong 1 time for anyone I know of IRL. It was in the case of someone who didn't conceive the old-fashioned way so maybe that's why it didn't work?

Hmn... I was 31 at conception, +1 for Jan = 32 = BOY
For DD - I was 27 at conception, + 10 for Oct = 37 = GIRL (which is right)

So maybe it is right... :thumbsup: :giggle:

austinandashlynsmommy
05-16-2011, 07:02 AM

Ok, I had to try, LOL. for this baby, it says boy. (Chinese gender chart says girl)

ds #1: boy
dd: girl
ds #2: girl

2 our of 3 right, lol.

mrscompgeek
05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Well it says boy for me this time which I have a feeling it is. . just a gut feeling. .
But for DD it says boy and well obviously it was wrong! Lol

cutebluebaby
05-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Chinese gender chart says Z should have been a girl. It was right with N though. It says this one is a boy too.

Hmm...
Z - 20+7 = 27 = girl (wrong)
N - 24+7 = 31 = girl (wrong)
#3 - 26+1 = 27 = girl...

With the streak this method is on for me, maybe it is another boy. :giggle:

mmmarmalade
05-16-2011, 04:44 PM
A, 29+12=41=girl, but he's DEFINITELY a boy
L, 30+4=34=boy, YUP :)
?, 35+1=36=boy again... I'd love another boy, but I wanted a girl first and was CONVINCED that Lucas was a girl, so now that I actually want a boy, it'll be a girl :giggle2: I guess we'll see! Chinese chart says boy too, but it was wrong twice before. I'll be ecstatic either way. I just want another squishy newborn.

chinasoap
05-16-2011, 10:45 PM
I really don't believe that chart or the tester sticks are accurate. I think it's about fate and destiny... I live in China and there still isn't an accurate gender test and if there were in China, of all places, this would be a country of boys (considering there is a single child policy here)... Because everyone wants to carry on the family name and there are still lots of child babies born!! If they only wanted boys, they'd only try to conceive in the months that says they'll have boys. I've actually never heard of this chart before and, as I said, I live here and my husband is Chinese and I'm fairly well-read about Chinese culture. I'm also expecting on January 1st and not a single person in my Chinese extended family or friend group has mentioned this chart!!!

firefaery6683
05-17-2011, 04:26 AM
I tried it this AM. It says you have to do your chinese age first. I thought it was just 1 year ahead but I'm 27 and will be 28 in a couple weeks. I put in 27 and it said i was 29 in chinese lunar years.. so according to that I should be having a girl.........
though I just got a positive test today :)

austinandashlynsmommy
05-17-2011, 05:38 AM
I really don't believe that chart or the tester sticks are accurate. I think it's about fate and destiny... I live in China and there still isn't an accurate gender test and if there were in China, of all places, this would be a country of boys (considering there is a single child policy here)... Because everyone wants to carry on the family name and there are still lots of child babies born!! If they only wanted boys, they'd only try to conceive in the months that says they'll have boys. I've actually never heard of this chart before and, as I said, I live here and my husband is Chinese and I'm fairly well-read about Chinese culture. I'm also expecting on January 1st and not a single person in my Chinese extended family or friend group has mentioned this chart!!!

Interesting information! I have never believed or trusted any of the gender predictions (with the exception of ultrasound of course) and I think most of them are there just for the fun of it. I will admit though that the more I think about gender predictions and read about different methods, the more tempted I am to try the urinalysis one but I highly doubt I'll spend the money on it, lol.

erin_c_odonnell
05-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Well both tests say girl for me and I've been getting girl vibes anyway. Poor oldest son- 4 sisters lol. I really don't care either way thoug another boy would be lovely. I just want a baby at this point :)

upstategirl
05-17-2011, 03:40 PM
It says girl for me. I hope as I have two boys right now. LOL

MandeeTheGreat
05-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Both of those, the Chinese gender predictor and the other method (age at conception plus birth month) come out for GIRL for me! Which would be awesome since I have a son and I ache to put bows in someones hair and wool skirties are just so adorable and I want to buy flowery princess stuff and ... I could go on! :wub:

abbi_n_nadia
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Says boy for me!!! I hope it's right but at the same time I love having girls so I don't really care either way. :)

cherryg
02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
As I know you have to use lunar age and month for the Chinese Gender Chart, so your calculation of your site may have error.