PDA

View Full Version : New Year Mamas June 13-19 Chat

erin_c_odonnell
06-13-2011, 04:23 AM
New week! :wave:

Sarah- I'd keep on the dr too. It's kinda what they're there for right? :o

Kate- It's tough when IL (or in my case my parents) don't listen to your wishes. We live like 1500 miles from my folks and it's so much better that way :blush: :giggle: Love them and all but... I guess just tell them- hey please respect our wishes or we can't come play you know. We're the parents. :dunno:

Jackie- Love hardees- hmmm sounds good now LOL. REALLLLLY Miss Whataburger but they only have that in the South (TX etc)... they have the BEST fries and ketchup. :drif:

ATM: I'm hungry but we have like no food left. Need to grocery shop today. Have OB check up but there's nothing left for them to check really so just gonna harass the Medicaid office all day and see what my options are. Good luck to all doing check ups today too :thumbsup: Have a great MONDAY MONDAY :goodvibes:

Rodeo Mama
06-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Kate- My parents are the ones who don't respect our rules sometimes. They don't watch the kids much, so it's not an issue often, but we had a big issue about carseats last year and I told my mom that she wouldn't have them alone at all, ever if she couldn't put my kids in carseats. She took my then 4-yr old to church just in a seatbelt because she would've been late if she took all the time to switch the seat to her car.

AFM-Grocery day here too. We have no milk and a lot of other staple foods. ALso need to work on my order for our local co-op as that is due today. Need to call the midwife and make an appt for sometime between 10 and 12 weeks. Thinking I'll prob just wait till after the 4th of July since my aunt from SC will be here all the week before that and I want to keep the week open to do stuff with her.

mrscompgeek
06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
We dont have alot of problems with parents not respecting our rules. The only time its a real issue is my MIL feeds DD stuff all the time. When she was younger she would feed her junk food and then EVERYTIME she did that DD would be up all night that night crying with belly ache and we got to be up too. We told MIL time and time again PLEASE dont feed her stuff! If I say she cant have any more then by all means dont give it to her!
Otherwise they pretty much listen to our other rules.

cutebluebaby
06-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. I know that's what I need to do... the other thing that gets me is that my parents are 2 hours away, and the boys don't see them much. It's very frustrating to me. I realized this past weekend, I enjoyed the time we spent with the IL's more before we moved back to the area. I know they mean well for the most part, but good grief! I've started putting my foot down with taking the boys on the weekends for sleepovers... weaning slowly. They would take them 2 or 3 weekends a month while I was in school, on top of MIL watching N 3 days a week. The first month off with N was fun. :rolleyes: He learned mom doesn't give in to his constant snacking ways like MIL does. It's meals and snacks. Not just snacks.

As for junk food... I had to put my foot down with FIL (and MIL). N eats fairly well, but he's really picky on veggies. With Z, we were able to push back sweets and treats until he was like 3, and we've hid them from N reasonably well while Z sneaks them in the other room from time to time. But FIL stocks Sams Club boxes of cow tails and oreos and bags of chips and N doesn't know that they're not good for him... and he doesn't even know there's a limit, and FIL will keep giving it to him if he asks (N can get loud when he wants something, and FIL finds it hilarious... and "rewards" that behavior from him with more sweets). MIL gave N a cow tail as a reward one day for a fit he threw after I specifically said to hide them and then show him they weren't there. N was all happy he got what he wanted, and I told him I wasn't happy with either of them, and told N he knew better than to act like that. He sulked off, and she then knew I meant business, and had FIL hide all their junk food in the house or else he'd be in the dog house with me too... like he wasn't already?! FIL hid the food, and N has caught on to where they're hidden.

Argh!! :banghead: :fryingpan: ... sorry for the rant :blush: ...

AFM: We did groceries this past weekend, and we stocked up too. I was shocked at the amount we spent, but DH said he's spent less than our usual amount for the last 2 weeks, so I guess it evened out. But I still feel like there's nothing to eat here too. :giggle: I have to stop at the bank and deposit some money for my credit card payment, and then we're on the prowl for a father's day gift for DH with a $40 limit for Mr. Tech-Geek. :roflmbo:

stacieandtheboys
06-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Grocery day here too. Bleh. Nothing sounds good. I am so cranky this am. I thought about going back to bed but I slept from 9-3 yesterday after work. Went to get the boys from my dad and then slept from 7-9 on the couch. Watched the last quarter of the MAvs game with dh and went to bed at 10:30. Then I was up at 7 to get the boys ready for summer club. I dunno. Maybe just a couple of more hours.

I have an OB appointment Wednesday FINALLY. I hope that I get an US. I really want to see this little one and make sure everything is ok. I still need to hire my mw. I will probably do that this afternoon. I was just waiting for my bonus so I could pay the deposit.

lovermuffin
06-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Grocery day here too! We have no bread at all. DH will be coming here in a few days so I need to make sure I have 2% milk and non sugared cereal for him. My Gpa loves sugar even though he is diabetic and has been for probably 2 decades. LOL

Kate: We have the exact same problem. My MIL rushes to DD everytime we see her and plays and play and plays with her over and over. When DD was a newborn, she would play with her and kept waking her up if she fell asleep so "she would sleep all night." She is not going to sleep all night and let the poor girl sleep, she is TIRED! Now she comes over and is always sad when DD is sleeping and I refuse to go wake her up. She invites us to come to her house at 8pm so have dinner. Ummm, dinner is at 5:30pm at my house and bedtime is 8pm. No, we can't come over! I tell her that all the time and she knows that bedtime is 8pm. It really makes me upset.

Now my family. My mother is pretty good except that she refuses to do bedtime on time. We would leave my foster boys with her(we don't have them anymore but we did when DD was born) and go out on a date or run errands or whatever my mother would not put those boys to bed at 8pm when they needed to go to bed. They woke up at 5:30 to leave the house by 6am to get to school. They had to travel an hour to school because of being a foster child and the laws in Utah. Long story. So because they woke up so early they had to go to bed early and we would always come home at 9 or 10 and they would still be awake! AHHHH. She would make up all these excuses about why they didn't go to bed on time. UGH! Anyways, my point is you are not alone. We all have the same problem. HAHAHA!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Goodmorning everyone!
We told dh's side of the family yesterday about the baby, his mom and sisters knew, but not his aunts/cousins who suspected but didn't know for sure. They asked my mil is I was pg at my little sil graduations last week, mil said she don't know, she didn't want to spill our surprise she says..lol
We went ahead and told them yesterday, it made me laugh, we told his one cousin who si our age and we went to school with and his aunt came from the hallway and yelled how many weeks are you? she was listening to us talk.:rofl2:
They said they suspected because I have a belly, but didn't want to be rude jic I wasn't, I was laughing.
I have always been super skinny, so since I gained some weight on me, guess it was just a not sure on their part..still made me laugh.
Dh's aunts were rubbing my belly and said it is hard, maybe twins because it is sticking out so much for 7 weeks and then told me about eating right and taking care of myself, no lifting, they are so excited for us. I don't think it will be twins, I think I popped out early because I have three other kids..lol

flmamao2
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Sally-glad everyone received the news well :)

We told hubs family this weekend too. They were happy, but I got the feeling that part of it might have been an act. Not that I really care but whatever. I will tell my mom tonight at ODD's softball game. I called my grandmothers...one was super excited the other was like Im glad it waited till you were done with school...but it was what I expected from her. So we are sorta getting mixed responses. We are really happy so that's all that really matters :).

kismetbaby
06-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi mamas! :) Sorry I was MIA this weekend and have not caught back up. But I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll be back at nap time to try and catch up. Phew. Such a crazy weekend and the m/s was hitting me hard and I was going to bed at 10pm. . .so I just had no time on the computer.

Grocery day here too. Food, blah. Although, I just made a peanut butter and jelly for our lunch to take to the park and ate half of it and it was darn good! So maybe pb&j will be my "good" food this week.

Hope everyone is doing well!

nikiahunt
06-13-2011, 10:45 AM
:giggle:
Apparently its grocery day all around! I'm so darn tired though, I really don't want to go anywhere. And the thought of food is... well, less than appetizing. LOL
We still haven't told many people. I told my two closest friends, my mom, and step brother. My DH told his dad. That's it so far. I just want to see my lo's hb before I get too amped up about telling others. :)
I can't wait for that first US! Unfortunately, I have no idea when that'll be. I was under the impression that this early (8 w?) one must have a transvaginal us, and when I was scheduled they told me they would be doing it in office. So I called today to ask whether in office was equipped to do a tv us, and they got all flustered, said they'd ask and call me back, and haven't yet. LOL
*fingers crossed that they'll reschedule me earlier!* :giggle:

erin_c_odonnell
06-13-2011, 11:14 AM
AHHH!!! I'm SOOO HAPPY I COULD SCREAM!!! :yay::bliss::bliss::happyclap::bliss::hugegrin:

I found a FREE!!!! Ultrasound place that's in the town about 45 mins from us and I called today and they are seeing me TMW!!!!!!!!!!!! :elmo::elmo::elmo::elmo: 10:30 I get to see my bean!! Tmw is our anniversary too! If all goes well it'll be the best anniversary ever and if not, well probably the suckest but hopefully all will be good and there will be a heartbeat tmw! I'm gonna die!! Tmw can't come soon enough!!!!

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :giggle2::gymnast3:

cutebluebaby
06-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Nikki: :giggle: Thanks! I know everyone has their stories when it comes to IL's and family. I think that's my main irritation right now with this pregnancy (there's always one... right) and it's not helping I'll be away from the boys for days! I've never done that, except for the two nights I was away from Z because I gave birth to N.

Sally: I'm glad it went over well! My folks did the exact same thing with Z and N! I popped out quick with N and tried to hide it when everyone was down for Thanksgiving (we didn't tell anyone until Christmas). It was hard. And when we did tell my folks, first thing out of my dad's mouth was "I noticed you had gained some weight, but I didn't want to be an a$$ and ask if you were pregnant or just fat." Love you too dad! :giggle:

Nikia: I had an US at 12 weeks for Z, and around the same, maybe a little earlier with N (two different OB offices). With N, they did a transvaginal. :blush: I wasn't expecting that, and wasn't quite prepared as DH and I had brought Z. I thought they would be doing an abdominal like they did with Z.

N is in the process of giving up naps, but not wanting to give up naps. It makes for interesting late mornings and afternoons around here.

cutebluebaby
06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Erin: Congrats!!! :hugegrin: Can't wait to see your bean!

foxygoober
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
ATM: Feel like puking, again. Will this ever end??? 11 weeks today :) We get a us next Tues. Can't wait. Hoping it isn't a transvaginal-just so the boys can see.

sasra_nu
06-13-2011, 11:47 AM
About transvag v. abdominal u/s - I had an ultrasound last week at 8w 5d and they attempted to do it abdominally, but my uterus is tilted and they couldn't see well enough. So they ended up doing transvag also. I think around 9-10 weeks it can go either way, and *usually* after that point it will be abdominal in most cases, unless you have a tilted uterus or something.

Wel, I'm - you guessed it - still bleeding. Sucks. It seems to be worse overnight then slows down to almost nothing during the day, then picks up again overnight. I feel like baby is fine, I am still having m/s just as bad as I ever did. I am hoping this bleeding is just my clot bleeding out.

My mom, who lives 3.5 hours away, is on her way up to watch DD so I can rest. My mom usually drives me totally batty but this time I am glad she is coming and will keep DD busy. I really am essentially putting myself on bedrest as much as possible. It's debatable whether it helps, but I have seen 1 study that showed it does help for subchorionic hematomas, and it certainly can't hurt - and I want to do everything possible to save this pregnancy. So... if anyone has any recommendations for good movies that are on Netflix streaming, LMK. ;)

Ugh, the grocery store. We are just about out of food. Not really, I guess, but we're out of food that I am willing to eat. But with my bleeding, I am not comfortable traipsing to the store, loading up the car w/ groceries, and dragging them into the house. :( And DH works 60-80 hrs/wk and is way too tired to go. I may have to make a list and send my mom to the store. I hope she doesn't mind.

Have a great day everyone!

sasra_nu
06-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh Erin - yay!!! Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes. How exciting!!!

stacieandtheboys
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Ok so is anyone else a raging B? That is what dh called me today and he is absolutely right. I fly off the handle at the
Smallest things an have been so awful to him. I even feel short with the boys. My dh though everything he does or doesn't do annoys the crap out of me. Ughh hormones. He said he wasn't sure if he could handle this for the next 7 months and I said well you either do or you leave. I really hate this person I am right now. I don't remember being like this with the boys but that was so long ago and dh wasn't really around this much this early in the game because of the marine corps. I feel like a crazy person.

leeuhhh
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm a huge raging b. I had to put myself in check after going off the handle at dh one night when our toddler wouldn't sleep. Argh!

vittoriosmom
06-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Ok so is anyone else a raging B? That is what dh called me today and he is absolutely right. I fly off the handle at the
Smallest things an have been so awful to him. I even feel short with the boys. My dh though everything he does or doesn't do annoys the crap out of me. Ughh hormones. He said he wasn't sure if he could handle this for the next 7 months and I said well you either do or you leave. I really hate this person I am right now. I don't remember being like this with the boys but that was so long ago and dh wasn't really around this much this early in the game because of the marine corps. I feel like a crazy person.

Same here. I am so impatient with DS and after I yell I just want to :cry:
I have been picking fights with DH :headscratch:

Sarah! I hope your bleeding goes away soon! I like to DVR Seinfeld and Sex and the City and watch it in bed when I am not feeling good. Also the Investigation Discovery Channel-all the crime stories!

Erin- so happy for you!!! Our anniversary is tomorrow too!!!!!!!!!!

stacieandtheboys
06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one. Hopefully the hormones will come in check soon! That and I am constipated...again. I haven't gone since last Tuesday (something I know you all wanted to know lol). I am about to die. I bought some of that activia yogurt. Hoping it helps after this round of laxatives.

kismetbaby
06-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep, total raging B here too. Sigh. Got into a couple of arguments with DH this weekend and that hardly ever happens. Got so annoyed that ds wouldn't fall asleep on Sat night (he didn't fall asleep till 10:30pm!) that I got up and scrubbed the bathroom--at least I was doing something productive! LOL. Makes me feel so badly to be so cranky, but I just can't help it!

Erin-- :yay: Hope all goes well!

Sarah--sorry you are still bleeding. So stressful, but it sounds like everything is fine with your bean!

mrscompgeek
06-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Uh yeah - - raging B here too. We are remodeling/adding on to our house and we are living in part of the new part and part of it isnt done and its a complicated mess right now but long story short DD has been sleeping in a pack and play in our bedroom so DH and I have been sleeping on a air mattress in the livingroom because DD is a light sleeper. DH got up in the middle of the night the other night and turned on a box fan and pointed it right at me in bed and I went a wall on him. I was like "turn the dang fan off" . Poor guy. I also yelled at him the other night because DD woke up in the middle of the night because she lost her binky out the crib and DH was obviously out of it and I was not in the mood to get out of bed so I was like "get the ---- out of bed and give her a binky" . . . Im not normally a person that swears so this is totally unlike me!

erin_c_odonnell
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Sarah- did you get to talk to the OB today? Will they do another U/s soon? hang in there mama and glad your mom's coming even if she makes you nuts :) At least there's an extra set of hands to help. Maybe you could order your groceries online (lots of stores do that these days even Sam's club) and then your mom could just pick up??

Vitts- AWESOME!!!:celebrate::dance2: Happy Anniversary tmw too!! Going anyplace special? I think we'll try a new mexican restaurant- Salsaritas and see if it's any good :thumbsup:

OHHH and gotta share cause it's sooo wonderful!- OB appt today and we FOUND the heartbeat!!!! My baby is actually there!! I can't tell you the relief that just washed over me! I cried and cried :happycry: I didn't have to wait till tmw even :goodvibes: Just praising God tonight and eating cookies! :giggle2: :lostit:

foxygoober
06-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Sarah- I can't imagine the stress :( Is there a timeframe for how long the bleeding usually lasts?

I am a nut-especially right now. So I just kind of stay away from everyone. All I want to do is stay in bed. . .yea, I know it's depression, but I keep puking my pills up. *this WILL all be over with in a week* I insist!

Today I spent either in the rr or in bed. Finally was able to get some bread to stay down. Six pieces and a couple of hours later I made French Toast, then ate ice cream. Now I feel over sugared :-p

My boys come home tomorrow!! Goodbye quiet!! One other good thing is that it isn't supposed to be in the 90's. So maybe I'll be able to go outside. . .

kismetbaby
06-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Erin--yay for heartbeats!!!! I know what a relief that is and it must be triple when you've had losses. So glad for you!

foxygoober
06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Our anniversary is Sunday!! Not expecting anything-MIL put $50 on our acct. I know hubby already spent it on himself. He did the same thing at Mother's Day. Then he was all shocked that the money was supposed to be so he could take the boys to get me something. . .Urgh! It ticks me off that his mom ALWAYS tells him when she puts money in the account. I keep telling her he just spends it. Then she says well tell him it's for x, y,z. . .yea, that doesn't help. Especially since I'm usually at work and he immediately gets the money. Wouldn't tick me off so much if he didn't waste it on crap (beer, etc) I'm the one working and when the heck was the last time I spent money on just me???
Ok, venting done. Sorry about that

vittoriosmom
06-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Erin! How awesome you heard the heartbeat!!! So happy for you!i know that you needed this so bad!

We are huge italian kitchen fans so probably will go to the "Casa de Amore" where i had the best escarole greens ever!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Erin!!!

lovermuffin
06-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one. Hopefully the hormones will come in check soon! That and I am constipated...again. I haven't gone since last Tuesday (something I know you all wanted to know lol). I am about to die. I bought some of that activia yogurt. Hoping it helps after this round of laxatives.

Stacie try Magnesium Citrate. It can be a liquid form which you don't need much or pills. I like it because it doesn't give you cramps but really gets things moving along.

stacieandtheboys
06-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Well my phone alarm went off this am and my appointment is in 20 min! Ack! I'm excited but in such a rush. So off I go and I will update later!

cutebluebaby
06-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Happy Anniversaries to Erin, Jackie and vittoriosmom!!

Sarah: I'm glad that your mom is coming to help! Maybe (maybe) you can rest some. As for netflix, I'm not sure. We really like comedies here. DH was on a George Carlin kick for weeks(!), but I can only take so much of him. I started playing our seasons of Big Bang Theory. :wub: (but we're both science geeks... :blush: ) I see The Sting is on instant queue. Not sure if you like those types of movies though. :dunno:

Stacie: Yup! Same here, although I haven't really geared it at DH or the kids (except last night when I walked in their room and accidentally broke a toy that took me *years* to find... it's that HTF. Wonderful Amazon says I can pay $40 to replace this little rinky dinky matchbox car sized toy). I'm pretty sure the raging B is part of my issue with my IL's now. I know they mean well and they love to help out, but lately I'm finding the tiniest (ok, so the carseat thing wasn't tiny) things to gripe about them with. I'm very independent... it's how I was brought up. So having family members "there" all the time drives me nuts. It's more of a reason for me to nit pick lately. Good luck at your appointment today!!!

Erin: So glad you heard the heartbeat!! :lostit: :lostit: That's a great relief! :)

AFM: I got, what I consider, a lot of cleaning done yesterday, and slept in today, and feel horrible for it cause it's almost 10am! I wanted to go to the park with the boys today, but I guess the rainy forecast is in my favor of sleeping in. It didn't help N was up from 2:30 - 4:30 last night, and then DH bolts out of bed at 5:30, which is when he needs to leave. He's been feeling sick the last few days, so I helped him make his breakfast and lunch. I've got more to clean upstairs today, LOTS of packing to do for next week, which means I need to keep on on laundry this week :yuck: , and maybe, quite possibly finish the diapers I started for the bean a month ago now that my desk is unearthed from everything it accumulated this past semester... that ended 6 weeks ago. :blush: :hide:

sasra_nu
06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Erin - so happy you heard the heartbeat! What a relief!!! I'm really happy for you, and can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes today :)

Happy anniversary to you ladies celebrating anniversaries (Erin, Vittoriosmom, foxygoober on Sun). Foxygoober, I hear ya though, about when was the last time money got spent on ME. Argh. My husband definitely does not know the concept of "delayed gratification". If he spent our anniversary money on beer/stuff for him, I'd be pretty ticked off!!

I actually never called the dr yesterday. My bleeding lightened up, and then my mom didn't get here till 4 so I wouldn't have had a sitter for DD if they had wanted me to come in. I'm definitely calling this morning though.

Foxy, as for the bleeding, it really varies from what I've been reading. It can be any color, any amount, any duration (even months), or no bleeding at all. Fun huh? Some women w/ subchorionic hematomas have a huge amount of gushing red bleeding - fortunately that hasn't happened to me, but it can happen and baby can still be just fine, because the hematoma does not affect the baby unless it detaches the placenta. So I get to play the wait and see game.

stacieandtheboys
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Appointment went awesome. Baby is perfect! I am measuring right on at 9 wks 2 days. Baby had a heartbeat of 177 and was music to my ears. Got a great pic of his/ her hands and feet and was moving all around. Such relief. I am still nervous about telling people so I still may hold off but now this made it so real!! Got a refill for my zofran too yay!

kismetbaby
06-14-2011, 10:07 AM
:yay: Stacie!

cutebluebaby
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Congrats Stacie! That's excellent news!

momof3boys1girl
06-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Happy anniversary to you mamas!!

:yay: for seeing babies

AFM: Well i think the ER is gonna be my sec home till i get into see my MW :giggle: Im dehydrated to the point (TMI) i am not have BM and they are telling me to suck the fluids down or it will get worse and ill get admitted :yuck: SO goal is to drink drink drink. i have pretty bad cramping but baby looked good last night and the ob gave us a pic. HB was 180. He was NOT happy that i refused getting poked a third time for more iv fluids though. :hugegrin: Here is the pic but it was on a mini ultrasound machine and external so its basically a blob...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z54/Mummyof2ooo/53efb390.jpg

foxygoober
06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
So we got one of our kids back today. . .the older two decided to stay at my mom's so they could continue being spoiled and go to VBS. . . .I'm not so sure they sent back my kid though! More like a high pitched monkey!! :-) Roman is very excited to be back home.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Happy Anniversaries ladies!

I am not feeling good today, I ate some treats I know I shouldn't have and I have already puked twice:bleh:
I am so sleepy, we were supposed to go to my moms so dh can give the car an oil change but I didn't want to go. It's too hot to go outside.

stacieandtheboys
06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Sweet baby :)

mmmarmalade
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone! I'm glad to hear about the great dr visits and ultrasounds! So encouraging! I'm feeling sicker every day and if I weren't so fluffy, I'd definitely have a pregnant belly, so I'm very encouraged.

Sarah, I'll cross all my fingers and toes for you!

AFM, well, I don't have an appointment for 2 more weeks but I'm fine with that. I'm fighting with my insurance to get more zofran though. Seriously, I can totally feel when it's wearing off. Even when it's in effect, I feel like I could blow at any time. I think maybe I don't need to have any more babies after this. I really hate being pregnant. If there wasn't a cute baby at the end, it totally would NOT be worth it.

For the mamas who say they feel like a B lately, I'm happy to say I've escaped that one this time. I got on meds for PPD halfway through my pregnancy with Lucas, even though I should have been on them LONG before (lots of drama... I put my family through so much before I finally sought help :cry:) and this time I decided it was in my family's best interest if I just stay on the meds my whole pregnancy. My children DO NOT deserve the monster I become during pregnancy, and I'm happy to say the meds I'm taking are keeping me well in balance. I'm not huge into taking pills, but when they help, they help so I'm going to take them and not make those around me suffer, KWIM?

My house is a total disaster and I can't do anything about it. I need to go to the store and I really don't want to. Maybe I'll look into grocery delivery, or at least getting stuff on line and just going to the store and picking it up. DH is horrible when I send him shopping, calling every 5 minutes or less (NO JOKE) to check on prices etc. And I really can't bear the store.

I should probably make some attempt to clean my house. Talk to you all later!

leeuhhh
06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
i'm home with a sick toddler today, and it's so nice. got to lay down until my ms went away at 11 am, get some cleaning done, get dd started on some school work (she's homeschooled and i've been slacking majorly for the last two weeks), got some cleaning done. none of this is getting done anymore because the only time i don't feel too awful is during the middle of the day when i'm at work. our little apartment is falling apart, lol. i've started just throwing things away rather than clean around them, which is actually probably not a bad thing. if it's in my way and i don't need it, it goes out.

hope everyone else is doing well. sounds like there's still lots of ms going on! blegh. i love seeing the little beans in everyone's u/s's, and i'm thinking of everyone dealing with spotting and other issues :( .

leeuhhh
06-14-2011, 02:12 PM
marmalade- we have grocery delivery and it's awesome! we are the worst impulse shoppers, and it's so much easier for me to keep that under control when i order online. the downside is there aren't as many deals or cupons offered. i still think i save because i just go in, click on what i need, and pay before i'm tempted to buy a bunch of crud. i see my total going up right here on the screen, and that's a good reminder to keep it in check. research what grocery services you have in your town (we have amazon fresh, which i think is only available here in western wa). the biggest downside i'd say is the produce. we usually go to the farmers market or local healthfood store for those if we want them for anything but soup or a casserole or something. otherwise, it's great!

kismetbaby
06-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Good luck with the house cleaning marmalade! Glad you found a way to get through the pg relatively sanely. I know what you mean about pg though. . .it's a rough time and it would definitely not be worth it without that baby at the end!

Stacie--oh, what a cute baby! And at 9wks it looks like a baby now and not just a bean!

Sally--hope you start feeling better!

Took a short nap today which I needed as ds decided to wake at 6am, ugh. He normally sleeps till 7:30, so we were both extra tired. But I did finially manage to mop my floors this morning! yay, so something good came out of being up early. The bad news is I was looking for somethingin the closet and discovered mold! I'm pretty freaked out about it actually. Don't even know if I should attempt to clean it while pg??? Somehow some particle board (the bottom drawer of a dresser) had gotten wet I think and had become moldy and all the clothes in that drawer were all grey and moldy. :yuck: I'm gonna have to throw away the wood and try to fix the dresser and wash all the clothes in hot water and vinegar and see if I can save them. We only moved in a year and a half ago and I know I've cleaned out that dresser since then, so it must have happened fairly recently. . .ugh. Anyway, it's just one more thing I don't have time to deal with!

erin_c_odonnell
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
:wave2: What ADORABLE Baby pics Stacie and Amy! Love it! :wub:

Praying for the spotting mamas :( :pray: Hoping the spotting stops soon :(

Today was AWESOME!! We saw baby and I'll try to add a pic but I stink at posting pics- they tend to be too big or too small... we'll see...

Heartbeat was 176! Wonder what you guys think as far as gender does the rate of heartbeat mean anything for gender?

Measured 10 weeks 4 days instead of 10 and 6 so EDD is Jan 5th. Fine by me! DH's b-day is Jan 18th so maybe I'll be late like my first 3 were and have it for his bday. Not like I like going late but it could happen :yuck:

Saw the arms and feet and soooo cool! At one point she looked right at us and waved :giggle:

After we went clothes shopping but the deals stink so didn't get but 2 pants and 2 shirts. I need like 3 more pants and maybe 2 more shirts. Lane Bryant is starting their semi-annual sale on bras TMW and it's Buy 2 Get 2 free!!! I'm gonna try my hand at alternating regular bras into nursing bras- looks easy on youtube). For $13 a bra I'm willing to try! I'm a bit hmmmm chesty and nursing bras in my size run about $45 and up :banghead:

Just LOVED today! :lostit:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr187/erin_c_odonnell/BabyOdonnell5June142011pic2.gif

kismetbaby
06-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Erin--awww, how sweet! pic is small, but so glad it went so well!

I realized today that my maternity clothes from last pg are just not going to work, or not many of them. I was hugely pg in the summer time, so my mat shorts are way too big on me now. Not just the belly, but everywhere, since I did gain quite a bit of weight last time. So I made a Target trek and bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts that are "discreet maternity". . .they have stretchy waistbands, but don't really look like maternity or have that belly band sort of top. I also have some stretchy waisted skirts, so I'm going to try and live with that for now. My size and shape changes so much during pg that I can never really predict in advance what will fit me in a few months.

Other than that and my mold discovery it was a regular day. I actually felt pretty good today. When DH came home he asked me how I had felt today, and I had to pause and think about it. . .which means I feel good b/c I'm not immediately ready to complain! LOL I'm trying to take those good days and not worry. Still a long way to go till our 12wk u/s and the end of the first tri.

cutebluebaby
06-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Congrats on all the U/S's! Such beautiful beans!

For groceries, we're in such a rural area that buying groceries and having them delivered probably wouldn't hit this area for another 50 years, if even then!

AFM: I'm up early today. The forecast here is suppose to be back in the 80's and sunny, so I'm taking the boys to the park for a bit and we're going to pack a lunch too. Hopefully it gets some of the energy from being rainy the last two days out of them. They've been driving me nuts!!

mrscompgeek
06-15-2011, 07:00 AM
:wave2: What ADORABLE Baby pics Stacie and Amy! Love it! :wub:

Praying for the spotting mamas :( :pray: Hoping the spotting stops soon :(

Today was AWESOME!! We saw baby and I'll try to add a pic but I stink at posting pics- they tend to be too big or too small... we'll see...

Heartbeat was 176! Wonder what you guys think as far as gender does the rate of heartbeat mean anything for gender?

Measured 10 weeks 4 days instead of 10 and 6 so EDD is Jan 5th. Fine by me! DH's b-day is Jan 18th so maybe I'll be late like my first 3 were and have it for his bday. Not like I like going late but it could happen :yuck:

Saw the arms and feet and soooo cool! At one point she looked right at us and waved :giggle:

After we went clothes shopping but the deals stink so didn't get but 2 pants and 2 shirts. I need like 3 more pants and maybe 2 more shirts. Lane Bryant is starting their semi-annual sale on bras TMW and it's Buy 2 Get 2 free!!! I'm gonna try my hand at alternating regular bras into nursing bras- looks easy on youtube). For $13 a bra I'm willing to try! I'm a bit hmmmm chesty and nursing bras in my size run about $45 and up :banghead:

Just LOVED today! :lostit:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr187/erin_c_odonnell/BabyOdonnell5June142011pic2.gif

DD's heart rate was in the 160s the whole pregnancy. They say the faster heartrates are girls, lower then 160 is boy. . . DD's held true!
This baby was 168 but I have only had it checked once so we will see if it stays high.

stacieandtheboys
06-15-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't remember what Jacob's HR was. Dominic's was in the 180's for the longest (and he is a boy).I was looking at their early US pics yesterday. They look so different than this ine. I can see arms, legs, and other details in this baby's us that I couldn't see in theirs. I love US technology :)

Tonight I start my 3 days of work bleh. I have to clean house and pay bills today. My mother in law and nephews will be here tomorrow sometime. My oldest nephew has freshman orientation and mil has a job interview. Then my husband's cousin and her family decided to come too. Dominic's birthday is Sunday :) His party will be Satuday. He was born on Father's Day 6 years ago and now we get to celebrate on Father's Day again! Dh said he stole his thunder LOL. So busy end of the week/weekend for us.

I better get busy!

LaughingPeaMama
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
hey everyone...just got back from an awesome vacation to dc/maryland/virginia. It was exhausting but fun. I know what you all mean by raging "B" because at BIL wedding DH was the best man so I pretty much had to deal with a cranky crying toddler who didn't get enough sleep in 100 heat outside for the reception and nobody understood why I wanted to head back to the hotel early. However I couldn't because DH's phone, which is the only on with a good navigation system was dead and we were out in the middle of nowhere! I was furious that DH seemed to be ok with leaving the toddler entertaining up to me. But anyway enough of the vent.

I go to the OB for our first official appt tomorrow and on a great note, I just got my sonoline doppler in and finally found the heartbeat!! It was such a relief. I was ridiculously worried that something was going to happen while we were gone.

Erin- try the tshirt bras at lane bryant, they are my favorite. If you cant find your size in the store (for any bra) they will order it for you and send it to your house for free but if you order online you have to pay shipping. A lot of people like the balconette bra but its just not comfortable for me.

Ugh you all reminded me that I have to go grocery shopping also, we cleaned out the fridge before we left and we have almost nothing in the house that sounds good! Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and praying for all the beans to stay healthy and the mommies to stay sane!

vittoriosmom
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I feel so sad for the Mamas going through tough time and bleeding right now...

foxygoober
06-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Feel like crud :(
The weather is really nice though. DH had an interview today. . .second interview next week:-) Roman is being a crazy kid. I think he woke up every single time he peed last night, now he is tired, but wont rest. I could go for a nap, but that wont happen till this acid clears up.
I got rid of all my nursing bras. . .I need to go get some new bras-not for the cup size (just weaned a month ago) but for my ever expanding rib cage. Feels like a waste cause it wont be a size I wear for long- will need bigger cups and smaller band after Jan.

sasra_nu
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Erin - congrats on seeing your baby!!! How sweet - love the pic!! My DD's heartrate was always on the high side (it was 176 at her 9-week u/s - I had it written down) and always stayed in the 160s at least. This bean was 183 at the last u/s.

I absolutely HAVE to go grocery shopping today. My mom left this morning and we are SO out of food. I am terrified to have to drag DD to the store and drag groceries in the house since I really want to be resting, but we are out of milk and there is NOTHING in this house that I want to eat (not that I can think of anything from the store that I want to eat either). I know people suggested the grocery delivery services but we are on such a tight budget, the places that do that are probably out of my price range.

I am feeling so nasty today. I even took a zofran this morning - I have been taking them as soon as I start to feel nauseated (usually about 30 seconds after I wake up) because I worry that the heaving while vomiting will knock my blood clot loose. It probably wouldn't, but I am a worrier like that. The zofran is keeping me from vomiting, but that's about it. BUT I will take the feeling sick and vomiting and whatever else, if it means my bean is in there healthy. So worth it.

lovermuffin
06-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Ahhhhh, join me into the club of bleeding mamas! I just noticed it just barely. I had a Bowel Movement so I thought maybe it was from straining but as I wiped I could tell it was coming from my vaginal area. It was very light pink and it wasn't very much.

I am 12w3d. I called the doctor but left a message with the nurse. I am still out of town so I can't go to the doctor without paying full price, ahh! I will do it if they tell me too. Otherwise, I fly home at 4pm on Monday and so I can make an appt for first thing Tues.

austinandashlynsmommy
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Praying for you too Nikki!

I know lots of mamas spot in early pregnancy but it seems like the number of us is excessive in this ddc. :( It just sucks.

lovermuffin
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you.
I called and talked to my medical assistant. She doesn't seems to be too worried. She says it is very common and because it was very light and very little and I am not cramping she thinks its just from a sensitive cervix. My original appt is on Wed, I'll be 13.5 weeks, so a week from today she doesn't think I need to move it to early Tues nor schedule an u/s. Okay! I feel better, I think, but still sooo nerve wrecking. I just never thought this would happen to me. I'd never bleed while pregnant or miscarry. No way! Well, I can! Definately a humbling experience and reminds me that I am not invincible. Haha!

vittoriosmom
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Why is it that so many of us have been spotting? This is so nerve wracking!!!!!!!!

lovermuffin
06-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Why is it that so many of us have been spotting? This is so nerve wracking!!!!!!!!

Maybe its kinda like a period. When you hang with your girlfriends a lot then you tend to go through PMS together. Haha!

vittoriosmom
06-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe its kinda like a period. When you hang with your girlfriends a lot then you tend to go through PMS together. Haha!

I needed something funny for a change :-)

kismetbaby
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I know so many mamas bleeding, it makes me so sad! :( I do hope it turns out well for all of us.

:hugs: to Sarah, Nikki and Michele!

sasra_nu
06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Nikki - that is what happened to me last week the first time I spotted. I did some research and it is REALLY common to irritate your cervix if you are straining, especially during a BM. Fingers crossed for you that that's all it was!!

cutebluebaby
06-16-2011, 06:00 AM
:hugs: to all the mama's that are spotting!

What's everyone doing today?

AFM: Weather is gorgeous here again. The boys really enjoyed the park yesterday, but I could only take so much of running in two different directions before I was exhausted! N ran after the ducks and Z was off riding his bike. I think I might take the boys to the library today. That seems a LOT quieter and more my speed at the moment. I have to get caught up on laundry before we leave too. :yuck: And I have to lanolize N's soakers too... I've slacked on that for so long now...

mrscompgeek
06-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Hugs to all you mamas spotting!! I havent had any spotting but I have had cramping alot. I never had any with DD so it shocked me at first. But I heard with the more pregnancies you have the more cramping you get with each one.

austinandashlynsmommy
06-16-2011, 06:23 AM

:giggle2: Love that!

I'm hanging out on the couch again today. Yeehaw. I might die of boredom. My mom will be here soon with the kids (my older 2 are going home with her at night so she doesn't have to be here so early in the morning). She's taking Wyatt to the pediatrician this morning to have a suspicious mole looked at for me.

eracheld
06-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Had my first ultrasound today, everything looks great! Strong heartbeat @ 160. They did say I was measuring a week behind, and they adjusted my due date to Jan 30. This didn't surprise me since I do have a long cycle and I didn't get a bfp until I was already late, and that was with a frer. So it is likely that I will go into Feb but I will stay here anyway!

kismetbaby
06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
:yay: Rachel! Glad everything looked good! I'm sure there are any number of us that will actually have Feb babes and maybe some with Dec babes too.

Ugh. Having a rough day here. ds who had been sleeping really well lately had a crappy, crappy night last night. He basically wanted to nurse all. night. long. Argh! So I didn't get much sleep and so of course he and I are both crabby today as a result. Maybe it was the lunar eclipse??? But whatever it was I hope he goes back to sleeping well, b/c I cannot handle getting no sleep these days. It just wrecks me.

On another note though: it seems like my m/s has been better the past week, pretty much ever since I turned 8wks pg (although the weekend wasn't great). I am trying not to be worried, but it's weird. I mean last pg, the m/s didn't even start to get bad till 8wks and it went the whole first tri. I have no reason to believe anything is wrong. . .but it does make me wonder. I mean it would be great if it was already subsiding, but I can't help but worry. I don't have another appt till my 12wk u/s. . .

cutebluebaby
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Rachel - Glad things went well at your ultrasound!!

Lucinda - There was a lunar eclipse?! And my "horrible" m/s subsided with this one a week or so ago. I still get nauseous at bedtime, right before my second "dinner", but at least it's consistent. I was the same way with Z. N was a whole new ballgame for m/s with me.

AFM: I think I was too ambitious today as to what needed done. :banghead: I was moving around laundry baskets, and pulled a muscle in my stomach... I couldn't move for a bit. I started cramping after that, and have been taking it easy since. Then I got up off the couch to get dinner started cause DH isn't home yet, and figured spaghetti is easy/lazy... pulled the same muscle getting off of the couch. It's in the same spot I was having round ligament pain a few weeks back. I hope it's just "stretching" out the muscle. If it continues any more today, I'm bringing it up tomorrow. :-/

kismetbaby
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Kate--yep full lunar eclipse. . .although I guess you couldn't see it in the U.S.? I dunno, I hear about things, but then don't investigate. :/ I've had some pain too, off to one side, almost in the groin area. When I sneeze it kinda cramps up. And it has twinged on me a couple times when I've moved out of a position or picked ds up. . .hoping it's just something stretching out!

lovermuffin
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Bought a doppler for $99. It is a Hi Bebe. Then someone PMed me on here and said she has a Sonoline for $50. Hmmm! Should I keep the Hi Bebe or cancel my order and get her used one and save $50? I can always get hers too and resell whichever one I don't like as well.

sasra_nu
06-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Glad your US went well Rachel! :) Sorry for the mamas who are cramping. Even when you are pretty sure it's just normal stretching pains, it is always a little worrisome (at least for me!).

Things are going well here today. My spotting is down to just a teeny bit of very light brown just a couple of times today. That is good - but I have to remember it doesn't mean I'm out of the woods. I just rejoice every morning that I wake up still pregnant. I wish I could fast-forward to when I am holding this baby in my arms, because I don't think I am going to stop worrying till then. Or at least fast-forward to my next u/s which, barring any more bleeding incidents, will probably be the 20 week anatomy scan - then I can see if my clot has resolved.

I feel like I am, as a defense mechanism, trying not to get attached to this baby. I mean, I AM attached, and I love this child and would do anything to bring him/her safely into this world. I would be devastated to m/c. But I just try not to think about the baby too much. When I do, I get excited, and happy, and it's just that much farther I'll fall if the worst were to happen. I am feeling optimistic - but I just don't want to get TOO optimistic. That probably makes no sense whatsoever. ;)

Well, I have been on what I'd call modified bed rest all week, and both me and DD are going stir crazy. Tomorrow morning I am taking her to a bouncy house place and then to Culver's (I am suddenly craving cheese curds and a butter burger so that part is for me lol).

Mama_Destiny
06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
:yay: Rachel! Glad everything looked good! I'm sure there are any number of us that will actually have Feb babes and maybe some with Dec babes too.

Ugh. Having a rough day here. ds who had been sleeping really well lately had a crappy, crappy night last night. He basically wanted to nurse all. night. long. Argh! So I didn't get much sleep and so of course he and I are both crabby today as a result. Maybe it was the lunar eclipse??? But whatever it was I hope he goes back to sleeping well, b/c I cannot handle getting no sleep these days. It just wrecks me.

On another note though: it seems like my m/s has been better the past week, pretty much ever since I turned 8wks pg (although the weekend wasn't great). I am trying not to be worried, but it's weird. I mean last pg, the m/s didn't even start to get bad till 8wks and it went the whole first tri. I have no reason to believe anything is wrong. . .but it does make me wonder. I mean it would be great if it was already subsiding, but I can't help but worry. I don't have another appt till my 12wk u/s. . .

Same here for me. I am 7wks 4d, and I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm also trying not to worry, but it's hard! My first u/s isn't until July 1st, and I am just trying to not go crazy before then, wondering! It seems like my other pregnancies I was just now starting to get M/S, so this is different.

vittoriosmom
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Bought a doppler for $99. It is a Hi Bebe. Then someone PMed me on here and said she has a Sonoline for $50. Hmmm! Should I keep the Hi Bebe or cancel my order and get her used one and save $50? I can always get hers too and resell whichever one I don't like as well.

I bought a sonoline for $35 on FSOT and it is working! I finally got the Hb the last 2 days (at 11w6 d and 12 weeks)

lovermuffin
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I bought a sonoline for $35 on FSOT and it is working! I finally got the Hb the last 2 days (at 11w6 d and 12 weeks)

With DD the doctor was able to find her HB at exactly 10wks. It was soo cool. I will be over 13 weeks before I get it so there should be no reason why I couldn't find it.

HMmmm!

foxygoober
06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Cheese Curds . . .ehh, you all should put a warning before mentioning weird food (j/k!) What else was there-gravy fries, and something I was afraid to even look up. . . .I can't wait to be able to eat a salad. I really like salad, but I know I can't digest lettuce right now. . . .

Today has been pretty good. I finally got DH to get me more dramamine. Decided I just couldn't will myself to feel better. . .the downside is how sleepy it makes me. But I have been able to eat. Fruit mostly. . .mm. . .today was- Strawberries, cereal, peaches, banana, and hamburger helper! I don't even remember the last time we had hamburger helper. I really need to start cooking again! Which reminds me that I am going to need to get more tea bags-so I am off to check the mail for a bonus check. . .our funds are soo low. I hate the week before payday (I get paid once a month)

Also-I just got approved for medicaid, no surprise, but how do I go about getting WIC? We qualified last time, but I didn't feel we needed it. . .now that grocery prices are outrageous, it would really help our budget. Do I have to wait for my medicaid card and make an appt at the WIC office?

lovermuffin
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Cheese Curds . . .ehh, you all should put a warning before mentioning weird food (j/k!) What else was there-gravy fries, and something I was afraid to even look up. . . .I can't wait to be able to eat a salad. I really like salad, but I know I can't digest lettuce right now. . . .

Today has been pretty good. I finally got DH to get me more dramamine. Decided I just couldn't will myself to feel better. . .the downside is how sleepy it makes me. But I have been able to eat. Fruit mostly. . .mm. . .today was- Strawberries, cereal, peaches, banana, and hamburger helper! I don't even remember the last time we had hamburger helper. I really need to start cooking again! Which reminds me that I am going to need to get more tea bags-so I am off to check the mail for a bonus check. . .our funds are soo low. I hate the week before payday (I get paid once a month)

Also-I just got approved for medicaid, no surprise, but how do I go about getting WIC? We qualified last time, but I didn't feel we needed it. . .now that grocery prices are outrageous, it would really help our budget. Do I have to wait for my medicaid card and make an appt at the WIC office?

Probably. Your medicaid card will automatically qualify you for medicaid. My sister uses WIC and has medicaid and I help her out when she goes to get recertified since she has so many kids. Unfortunately, we do not qualify for any of that stuff! :(

cutebluebaby
06-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Glad your US went well Rachel! :) Sorry for the mamas who are cramping. Even when you are pretty sure it's just normal stretching pains, it is always a little worrisome (at least for me!).

Things are going well here today. My spotting is down to just a teeny bit of very light brown just a couple of times today. That is good - but I have to remember it doesn't mean I'm out of the woods. I just rejoice every morning that I wake up still pregnant. I wish I could fast-forward to when I am holding this baby in my arms, because I don't think I am going to stop worrying till then. Or at least fast-forward to my next u/s which, barring any more bleeding incidents, will probably be the 20 week anatomy scan - then I can see if my clot has resolved.

I feel like I am, as a defense mechanism, trying not to get attached to this baby. I mean, I AM attached, and I love this child and would do anything to bring him/her safely into this world. I would be devastated to m/c. But I just try not to think about the baby too much. When I do, I get excited, and happy, and it's just that much farther I'll fall if the worst were to happen. I am feeling optimistic - but I just don't want to get TOO optimistic. That probably makes no sense whatsoever. ;)

Well, I have been on what I'd call modified bed rest all week, and both me and DD are going stir crazy. Tomorrow morning I am taking her to a bouncy house place and then to Culver's (I am suddenly craving cheese curds and a butter burger so that part is for me lol).

:yay: Glad your spotting is down!! I realize it's not the greatest, out of the woods news, but that is great news IMO!

And cheese curds... I'm from PA, and one of the GA's I worked with was from WI, Milwaukee area, and he brought some back after a trip home. The name of them makes them sound absolutely disgusting... but I was thinking of them the other day, and wondering if he would send me some. :giggle: They are actually really, really good! He even fried some up at a picnic one day. That was an interesting eat.

:bliss: Congrats on getting the HB!!

With Z, I applied for WIC when I was pregnant before I had my medicaid card, like 3 or 4 months prior to even applying. I qualified, but at the time, campus work study only paid like $70 every other week, so we more than qualified. Last time we updated, we still had our medicaid card (DH's new job happened right after our medicaid renewal), but he had been working 2 months already when we went for our WIC recert. He made too much to be on WIC, but since we still had medicaid, we automatically qualified. He qualified for insurance through his company 3 months after our WIC recert, so I just cancelled our medicaid (for another frustrating reason), but also our WIC. I've debated getting back on it, but in this region, it's actually more of a hassle than a benefit. :( The only thing it would be good for is Lactaid for the boys. We literally go through 1.5 gallons a week, and that's just the two of them!

sasra_nu
06-16-2011, 08:42 PM
You don't have to be on Medicaid to get WIC. Make your WIC appt ASAP because it can sometimes take awhile for them to get you in. Then you just need to bring proof of income, residency, proof of the pregnancy, whatever else they tell you (I forget).

WIC is awesome - we had just re-qualified when my DH found a job a couple months ago, so we get it for DD till October, but I won't get it with this pregnancy. It's such a great program, though - so helpful.

And cheese curds are SO tasty! It's like a mozzarella stick, but with cheddar cheese (I think?), and not in stick form - just little balls of cheese, deep fried (at least the ones at Culver's are fried, I've had just the actual plain cheese curds in WI and those are good too). Although I agree that the term "cheese curds" probably sounds kinda yucky if you don't know what they are. ;)

erin_c_odonnell
06-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Kate- :) We go through like 5 gals a week (no kidding) and they'd do more but I make them limit (I'm seriously not joking :) Thank goodness for WIC cause then I only have to buy a few gals a month vs. like 20 :giggle: My hubby can be the worst one about milk :sadno: I NEVER drink milk though. Very rarely other than cereal on occasion. But then again WIC is the only reason we have fresh fruits too now. Thank goodness for WIC!

Oh and I agree with Sarah- call and get an appt now. Some places it's real fast but here it takes 3 months to get an appt :(

I'm just being lazy today. We've been out and about all week and today finally staying home. I need to catch up on laundry and clean the bathrooms (ugh :yuck: Where to buy plus size maternity clothes??? I've been to JC pennys, old navy, target, walmart, craigslist, sears, mommy boards, and can not find a single pair of jeans or capris that don't cost like $30 each!! :hairpull: I need pants!!! Any suggestions??? Need like size 18 :bagoverhead:

stacieandtheboys
06-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Have you tried the fsot here? I see stuff all of the time. I got a great deal recently on some stuff.

cutebluebaby
06-17-2011, 06:48 AM
5 gallons!! Yikes!! I guess I should be happy with the amount of milk we go through in a week. And yeah, I was really happy when WIC switched to whole grains and fruits & veggies. We were on their old "plan" for nearly 5 years before they made that switch, and we didn't even get a year out of it. Oh well... it was better than not having it though.

A friend of mine said Motherhood was having sales on their maternity stuff online. I know she's larger than a size 12 (she sold a lot of that size last summer), but I don't dare ask what actual size cause I know it's a touchy subject. :blush: FSOT is a good idea as well. I just bit the bullet and paid the $30 per pair with N. I usually don't pay more than $20 for jeans when I'm not pregnant, but I figured that these were something useful and something I needed...

cutebluebaby
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Forgot to add... I have my OB "physical" today. Hoping we get to hear the heartbeat today... maybe even a u/s? Probably just wishful thinking... LOL! DH is leaving work for a bit to come meet Z and I at the appointment. MIL is meeting us down there and is going to watch N for us as well. After this appointment, it should just be weight, BP and HB, so I can take both boys with me and not have to worry about making other arrangements. :loony:

sasra_nu
06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
I agree, I'd definitely look on FSOT or even ebay or Craigslist. Or you could just splurge and buy a couple of really nice pairs of jeans and wear the same ones all the time. No one will notice. ;)

I have my maternity clothes from DD's pregnancy - not super helpful since she was born Oct 2 so I mainly have summer clothes. But I also have SIL's maternity clothes, and she's been pregnant in the winter (4 times actually, lol), so I am hoping I won't have to buy much, if anything.

erin_c_odonnell
06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Trust me- $20 a pair IS splurging for us. I never buy over $5 if I can :giggle: But lately dh has been overly lovey and letting me buy store bought clothes (plus his new job we get like $100 extra ever two weeks helps!). Still our budget is tighter than a tight rope.

Will jump over to FSOT and see :crossfingers:

kismetbaby
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I agree, I'd definitely look on FSOT or even ebay or Craigslist. Or you could just splurge and buy a couple of really nice pairs of jeans and wear the same ones all the time. No one will notice. ;)

I have my maternity clothes from DD's pregnancy - not super helpful since she was born Oct 2 so I mainly have summer clothes. But I also have SIL's maternity clothes, and she's been pregnant in the winter (4 times actually, lol), so I am hoping I won't have to buy much, if anything.

This is me exactly!!!! My son was born Oct 1. . .only two years later :giggle2:

I found some capris and some shorts at Target for about $25 a piece. . .which actually seemed pretty $$ to me, esp. for Target. But I have so little time to shop that I just went for it.

Erin--you could also try a second hand place? I know some places have second hand stores esp for kids stuff an maternity. But FSOT is great too!

lovermuffin
06-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Ladies, I am bleeding more. It is brown blood so it is old. I called my doctor and they are a bit more concerned than when I was having the very light pink blood. So now they will do an u/s at my next appt which is tuesday around noon. I can make it earlier tues. But i do not fly home until Monday at 4:35pm then I have to drive 2 hours to my town from the airport. Sooo, my dilemma. Should I buy another doppler from a mama on FSOT and ask her to overnight it to my Gma's house? Or call Southwest and try to get my flight switched (which will cost an arm and a leg) so I leave early Monday and go to the Doctor on Monday about noon and get an u/s which my insurance will cover or just go to an OB/hospital here and get an u/s and talk with a doctor which I will have to pay full price for. I am soo confused. I don't know if I am over reacting or if I am okay to be this concerned. What would you do mamas?!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Ladies, I am bleeding more. It is brown blood so it is old. I called my doctor and they are a bit more concerned than when I was having the very light pink blood. So now they will do an u/s at my next appt which is tuesday around noon. I can make it earlier tues. But i do not fly home until Monday at 4:35pm then I have to drive 2 hours to my town from the airport. Sooo, my dilemma. Should I buy another doppler from a mama on FSOT and ask her to overnight it to my Gma's house? Or call Southwest and try to get my flight switched (which will cost an arm and a leg) so I leave early Monday and go to the Doctor on Monday about noon and get an u/s which my insurance will cover or just go to an OB/hospital here and get an u/s and talk with a doctor which I will have to pay full price for. I am soo confused. I don't know if I am over reacting or if I am okay to be this concerned. What would you do mamas?!

:hugs: I'm so sorry you are going through this. Could you go to a local ER that would be covered by insurance? If so, I would do that rather than worry and panic all weekend. I'm a worrier so it would kill me to sit and wait for that long. If your insurance won't cover that, then I would probably call local ob offices, explain your situation and ask what the cost would be out of pocket to come in for a check. Keep us posted and I'm praying it's nothing at all mama.

audreyr
06-17-2011, 11:33 AM

I would try to work something out locally too. It seems like it would be better to know what is going on before you fly home, just in case you need to be on bed rest. I don't think that the doppler is a good idea. If you are lucky it will only tell you if there is a heart beat, but not what the actual cause is. If you are unlucky you won't be able to find the heart beat yourself and it will unnecessarily scare the **** out of you :(

I really hope it turns out to be nothing and I'm sending good thoughts your way :)

lovermuffin
06-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I found a place that will do an u/s for $50. It is not a doctors office so she cannot tell me if there is something insanely wrong with my baby but she can see if there is a heartbeat. She can get me in at 8am tomorrow. If there is something wrong I can go to an OB but if there is nothing wrong and there is a heartbeat and baby looks fine then I don't need to worry and I can wait till I get home to see my doctor.

vittoriosmom
06-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I found a place that will do an u/s for $50. It is not a doctors office so she cannot tell me if there is something insanely wrong with my baby but she can see if there is a heartbeat. She can get me in at 8am tomorrow. If there is something wrong I can go to an OB but if there is nothing wrong and there is a heartbeat and baby looks fine then I don't need to worry and I can wait till I get home to see my doctor.

I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending some good vibes your way! Hope it's nothing!

lovermuffin
06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
The place couldn't get my in until tomorrow morning. So I called around and found a place that is more expensive but is way closer than the cheaper place so its worth it. I have an appt with her at 7:45pm. She said if she has anything sooner because of a cancellation that she would call. I told her thank you sooo much! I did not tell her I was bleeding and just told her we have family in town and everyone wants to see the baby and HB. Hopefully, everything goes well and she sees the baby looks fine and HB is fine. Although, I don't know if she can tell me if the baby measures on time or not. Hopefully, she has good news. I am just freaking out a little bit although DH isn't. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was m/c. AHHH!

foxygoober
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Nikki- I hope all goes well!!

Thanks for the WIC info. . .my medicaid stuff came less than a week after I mailed it off, but our old medicaid worker took FOREVER and lost our stuff multiple times. She would somehow place papers in different peoples files even though I would list what we had and paper clip them together. It was sooo annoying because I made sure we had everything we needed each time. After she lost stuff the first time, we made copies. But still had to drive up to bring copies of the copies multiple times. I was livid. I requested a change in case workers and this one is awesome! Hopefully WIC will be the same. Just wish it wasn't an hour away. . .off to make the call.

foxygoober
06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
The website asks what I need the appt for. Is it prenatal certification?

kismetbaby
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Nikki--you'll be in my thoughts. I hope you see a very healthy babe in there! :hugs:

cutebluebaby
06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Erin: Oh I know! I buy jeans for my non-pregnant self like once every 18 months. :blush: It's just not a necessity for us at the moment, and I try to take care of the ones that I have. But sometimes, even when I buy a pair new... they get this big ol' rip down the butt right next to the pocket. :banghead: Wasn't happy about that one.

Nikki: I haven't checked the other thread yet, but I'll do so shortly to see if there's any update! I hope things are well for you!! :hugs:

Jackie: I would say prenatal certification. And the caseworker I had in this area was awesome! He was literally the best caseworker. I had Nurse-Family Partnership at the time too, and she was so relieved when I got him as my caseworker... he never messed up, was always available at his phone to ask a question... it was great! Then we moved, and the caseworker I got was horrible. She was months behind in her work, never answered her phone, I always got forwarded to the statewide calling system. I would get notices saying I was late handing in my info, when it was returned to their office days before it was due (in this state, they get them mailed out and arriving at your door the week they are due :banghead: )... but because she was so far behind and didn't care to get caught up, our medical was suspended until I would call and complain. I loved those phone calls. Luckily I kept getting the same guy on the statewide calling center. When we moved back (last June), DH didn't have the new insurance yet, and they didn't transfer our case because she was so behind. I had to drive 3 hours away to the boys' doctor's appointments because I couldn't switch doctors. I was so happy when DH qualified for insurance (in Sept.), and I was able to make that call to say "take me off this"! She still hadn't transferred my case!

AFM: Had my 12 week appointment/physical yesterday. The MW was really nice, and very funny. Talking to another couple in the waiting room, they hated her. Hmm... I've gained a pound, and all I could think of was "that's it?!" Since we declined the 1st trimester screening, we didn't get an u/s, and she doesn't do dating u/s's either. I'll get one at 20 weeks. HB was in the 150! :) I do have to keep up on my fluids better though, and my platelets are low. They were insanely low with N when I gave birth, and discussing Z's birth with her, DH and I wouldn't be surprised if they were low then and no one said anything. I get them checked again in 3 weeks, and definitely again at 28 weeks. Next draw's number will determine if I get them checked prior to the 28 week mark, and if I have to get some other hemorrhagic blood testing done.

sasra_nu
06-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Kate - why did they do a platelet count on you? Because you were low in previous pregnancies? I was just wondering. I had a platelet count done due to some meds I am on (Lovenox) to make sure all is well, and I assume they were fine because I never heard back.

Nikki- I posted on your other thread. But I am thinking of you and praying for you :hugs: I didn't realize you were still out of town. What a nightmare.

AFM - I got my cheese curds from Culvers yesterday. SO good. Made me very happy. Of course, 2 hours later, I was famished again. I swear, I am hungry ALL the time. If I'm not actively eating, I feel so sick.

I look in the mirror and I feel so FAT. Seriously - I don't know if it's from baby or just the fact that I need to eat all the time, but I am petrified to go to the dr and get weighed at my next appt.

My house is a disaster. DD and I were out all day yesterday, and I was so exhausted and feeling so sick by the time we got home that I couldn't even move. I have to clean today and do laundry. I am trying to figure out how to get dirty laundry down to the basement without straining myself, because I really think that carrying a basket of laundry is not the best thing for me due to my hematoma. Wish I had 1st floor laundry.

kismetbaby
06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Sarah--sounds like you need one of those wheely laundry baskets they make. Or you could just slide the basket down the stairs! Cheese curds sound good! I've never had them or even heard of them, but now that you explained them I can't stop thinking how good they'd be! :giggle: And I am right there with you, in the eating all the time and feeling fat. Sigh. Not even bothering with any pants with buttons anymore.

Kate--glad your appt went well!

Fairly busy weekend here. . .so why do I always feel sicker on the weekend???? Ugh. I had this funny moment yesterday where I realized, "I'm gonna deliver another baby in Jan! Wow!" I guess I've been so caught up in the first tri worry and misery that I haven't stopped much to think about this. But I have plenty of time to get excited. . .I actually loved my labor and delivery last time, so I am super excited to have that again.

And I actually made some headway into my homebirth MW research yesterday. Yipee. I got all the contact info and looked at the websites of the 5 possibilities. Based on the websites, I'd say it's really btw two of them, but I will contact all of them anyway. I'm getting care anyway at the hospital, but I am worried that they will run out of spots for me if I delay.

lovermuffin
06-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks mamas! DH is positive about all this.

Something good is coming out of this. I had my first GOOD dream last night. All the other have been horrible horrible horrible nightmares but last night was beautiful. I felt the baby move and roll around and I had my hand on my tummy feeling it. I woke up and was soo happy! I hope that is a good sign.

austinandashlynsmommy
06-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks mamas! DH is positive about all this.

Something good is coming out of this. I had my first GOOD dream last night. All the other have been horrible horrible horrible nightmares but last night was beautiful. I felt the baby move and roll around and I had my hand on my tummy feeling it. I woke up and was soo happy! I hope that is a good sign.

I'm so happy you are having good thoughts! :goodvibes: I too hope it's a good sign.

I have been really nauseous this morning so I'm hoping it's a good sign. Still no more bleeding or noticeable fluid leaking, so praying for good news Tuesday. I was laying on the couch, watching tv this morning and I could have sworn I felt the baby moving multiple times. It was like a light flutter. I'm only 10 weeks 1 day, so I know that it's nearly impossible that it was actually the baby, but regardless, I'm taking it as a sign of hope. :)

sasra_nu
06-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Glad both of you, Nikki and Michele, are feeling optimistic! I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for you both. Michele, I have been having flutterings for a week or so now. I am only 9w 6d so I am positive it's not the baby moving, probably just my uterus stretching or maybe adjusting to tip forward since I have a tipped uterus, but boy, it sure feels like baby movements. I can't wait till I really can feel him/her move.

Lucinda - lol about the pants with buttons. My shorts are getting tighter and tighter. I hate the feeling of any clothing pressing on my belly. I don't wear anything without an elastic waist unless I am leaving the house.

I got Subway today for lunch. I figure it's healthier than most of the crap I have been eating, and I can get a $5 footlong and it will last me for 2 meals instead of just 1. $2.50 per meal is not bad right? I hate spending $ we don't really have, but I am having a really hard time thinking of things I want to eat, even things I could buy at the grocery store. NOTHING sounds good except fast food. I had this same problem during my pregnancy w/ DD. Honestly, before getting pregnant, I ate fast food maybe once a month, if that, so I am typically not a fast food junkie. Just when I'm pregnant.

But here's a question - how bad is lunch meat while you're pregnant, really? Are you supposed to avoid it? It seems I have heard that... I guess I am off to consult Dr. Google again. My dr was listing foods I could have/should avoid at my 1st appt and lunch meat did not come up, but I didn't think to ask about it, either.

austinandashlynsmommy
06-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I've read that lunch meat shouldn't be eaten unless it's heated to a certain temperature. (I can't remember what that actually is). However, I eat subway but I always have them toasted. I always crave subway when I'm pregnant, lol.

kismetbaby
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm a vegetarian, so I've never researched the lunch meat issue thoroughly. . .I'm not sure if it has to do with possible contamination or more b/c lots of lunch meats can have nasty additives like nitrates. Anyway, I don't think it's one of the big scary no-no's, but clearly I'm no expert here! :giggle: I tend to be a bit relaxed about this list of no-no's anyway, I drank some unpasteurized juice from time to time last pg and felt okay doing that.

Michele and Nikki--I am keeping you both in my thoughts. I hope you both get good news this week!

I'm off to finally redeem my Mother's Day massage from DH this afternoon. Ahhhhhhhh. I plan to get some fro-yo after the fact too. It will be nice to have just an hour of pampering, as it's so rare that I do anything alone, not to mention for myself!

stacieandtheboys
06-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Platelet count is a normal part of a CBC.

I think lunchmeat is ok it it is packaged. It is the meat you have sliced at the deli that is the problem. At least that is the last I read not to long ago. I am sure there is something out there that contradicts that lol.

Still having horrible constipation issues. I feel the need to go but it it so hard it won't come out. I have tried the activia for a week now, more fresh fruits, juice, benefiber, I don't know what else to do. I drink plenty of water...about 100oz a day. Can we take Colace? I really need something because I am miserable. I was able to go a little last night and this morning but it was like 10 rabbit turds. What you wanted to know right?

Today is ds#2 bday party. None of his friends are coming. I feel bad fore him but my inlaws 2 nephews, my husbands cousin and her family are here. I think from now on we are just going to do a cool trip somewhere maybe invite one friend or something. I get tired of the disappointment for the boys. Dominics bday is in the summer and Jacobs always falls during spring break.

Well have to get ready for the party. Hope yall are all having a great day!

Christylkeller
06-18-2011, 02:26 PM
So, ladies... what do you use for constipation? I have been taking Doc Q Lace (colace) but it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I was also trying an herbal tea called Smooth Move, but I only had a couple of bags left and I wasn't too sure about really using it preggers so I didn't buy anymore.

I have eaten cold cuts during all of my pregnancies. I try not to eat them more then a couple of times during a week and I make sure they are fully cooked like ham, turkey or chicken and stay away from roast beef which tends to be more on the medium to medium-rare side. Sometimes a sub is the only thing that sounds good to eat right now, so I try to make safer choices... Although, I don't really care for heated subs, so they are cold. I don't remember what the 'rule' about cold cuts and pregnancy, but I don't tend to be a hard fast rule follower either.

kismetbaby
06-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Stacie--As far as I know colace is safe. (kellymom.com has a good list somewhere of safe meds). I'd go for it if I were you, constipation is the worst! And colace is the only thing that helped me PP to deal with the issue and the hemroids. Oiy. Not looking forward to that again!

Christylkeller--if the colace isn't doing it or you how about Citrucel? I've heard good things about it. Other than that, there is phsyllium husk, but I can't stand to drink the stuff. I make sure to get at least a TBS of either ground flax seed or whole chia seed everyday. I just sprinkle it on my cereal/oatmeal in the morning. Also, make sure you are drinking lots of water. . .and I mean lots! Do you eat enough fiber in general? Fresh fruit can help. . .or even the old prune trick!

foxygoober
06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I signed up for prenatal certification-figure that's what I need to do. The WIC office is actually closer than the other government offices. It is only open Mon and Thurs, hopefully getting an apt wont take forever.

Have you all tried blueberries for constipation?

I had a salad today. . .mmm. So far I feel fine. Really want a Greek Salad though. Will probably have to get one tomorrow. I also drove all the way to the Hispanic store to get some chili lollipops.
:-p.The store was itty bitty and didn't have all the candy I wanted, but enough to curb my craving.

I was thinking about how depending on where you live certain foods sound weird-When we first moved to SC from Cali I remember wondering what the heck grits and buffalo wings were. . .I'm pretty sure the buffalo wings were unknown to me because my mom hates spicy foods. I used to like hot wings-then they grossed me out one day (all the skin and what not) Grits are gross-but I think all hot cereals are gross. Which is why cheese curds sounds gross-(Miss Muphet eating curds and whey. . . .)

Christylkeller
06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Kismetbaby! I have tried Phsyllium Husks in the past when we did a detox diet and they worked the OPPOSITE for me! I ended up using the herbal tea and mineral oil and I still didn't get the results that the detox said you are suppose to get which was copious amounts several times a day... Maybe I will try the Chai Seeds. My tummy isn't too fond of much ruffage right now... I can't wait to get past the first trimester... I ALWAYS crave fresh fruits and veggies ALOT, later in pregnancy. Also, I mill my own wheat and make my own bread, but it is too hard on my tummy, so Wonder White it has been... sigh... As for water, I drink what I can... maybe 60-80 oz a day... I also have tea a couple of times a day...

Stacie- colace is fine. I bought the doc q lace in the pharmacy... you don't need a script for it... it is generic colace and about half the price for more the twice the amount.

sasra_nu
06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Colace is fine - I just asked the nurse at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. I actually bought a bottle last week, and woke up really constipated this morning, so I will start taking it every night for awhile. Constipation is NO fun!

Most sources I found in my Dr. Google consult said lunch meat is safest if microwaved first till it's steaming hot. I wonder if Subway will give me my meat on the side so I can nuke it, put it in the fridge till it's cold enough again, then put it on the sandwich. I really don't like them toasted, but I guess I could go that route too.

momof3boys1girl
06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
I have colace too. Smooth move I'm sure is fine. The dr I spoke with said basically all are fine just some are not as gentle. Also make sure to stay hydrated if u take a harder one.

erin_c_odonnell
06-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Ugh hear ya'll on the constipation but my diet has really stunk these last few weeks anyway :( Anyone still feeling nauseaous? I thought it had waned for me but seems that the evenings are back now. I can't think of anything to fix for dinner and it's almost 6 pm already :yuck: Cantalope sounds good but we don't have any and not sure my family would consider it dinner :giggle:

praying hard for nikki and all you other bleeding mamas :( makes me nervous for ya'll but know with us being so far along all of our chances are much higher. Being super positive :goodvibes:

vittoriosmom
06-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Platelet count is a normal part of a CBC.

Still having horrible constipation issues. I feel the need to go but it it so hard it won't come out. I have tried the activia for a week now, more fresh fruits, juice, benefiber, I don't know what else to do. I drink plenty of water...about 100oz a day. Can we take Colace? I really need something because I am miserable. I was able to go a little last night and this morning but it was like 10 rabbit turds. What you wanted to know right?

@ constipation

I switched my prenatal vitamin to a food based "Prenatal One". I bought it at Whole Foods, because the lady there told me that it will not cause constipation. Well! I have been having regular BM every morning ... It feels so good :giggle2:

kismetbaby
06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
@ constipation

I switched my prenatal vitamin to a food based "Prenatal One". I bought it at Whole Foods, because the lady there told me that it will not cause constipation. Well! I have been having regular BM every morning ... It feels so good :giggle2:

Good call mama! I totally forgot b/c I always take a food based Vit, but I know lots of times the regular prenatals cause constipation (I think it's the iron). So, any of you with that issue might want to try switching to a food based vitamin like New Chapter or Rainbow Light prenatal. Yes, they are more $$$, but well worth it IMO.

cutebluebaby
06-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks Lucinda!

Sarah: It is just part of the regular blood workup. She said that low numbers are a normal part of pregnancy, but this is the earliest I've had low numbers. No one told me with Z that my numbers were low, and during labor they just doped me up with pain medicine, and then were surprised I bled a lot. With N, the OB wouldn't give me any pain medicine because (aside from already being at 9cm), my platelets were around 80K or 90K, and they were fine at the beginning of his pregnancy. As of now, they're 140K, so not too far below normal, but they want to make sure it's not a pattern throughout the pregnancy so I'm not insanely low at the end again.

Re: constipation. I've been eating blueberries and plums for now. Not working so great. Lol! I've also got some Konsyl (sp?) that has the psyllium husks in it, and it says it's safe for pregnancy, but I just can't stand the gritty-ness to it, let alone the taste. I don't think I could go with a vitamin with lower iron (which is the issue) because I'm prone to low iron as well.

stacieandtheboys
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah I switched to a prenatal with no iron. I usually don't have iron trouble till later in pg. With Dominic I got a call at about 35 wks and my iron was 2. Not good. I finally went a little more today. Still hard. I bought some colace too and will start taking that till I get regular again and see what happens. I also read that zofran can cause constipation so unless I really need it like at work I don't take it. Omg I have never had this problem before and it is awful. I'd rather be sick I think!

erin_c_odonnell
06-19-2011, 05:21 AM
So incredible sad for Nikki :cry: :hugs: So sorry mama :(

sasra_nu
06-19-2011, 07:17 AM
So incredible sad for Nikki :cry: :hugs: So sorry mama :(

Me too. :cry: My heart is just breaking for her this morning.

Oh and Erin, I am still nauseated too. This week was actually my worst week yet (I'm 10 weeks today). I just feel so nasty all day long. The zofran keeps me from throwing up, but I still feel just awful.

Where are the Rainbow Light vitamins sold? I might go that route.

vittoriosmom
06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
You can buy the Rainbow vitamins online or at Whole Foods!

Hands&Fire Pottery
06-19-2011, 10:28 AM
So sad to see the updates. :(

The Rainbow vitamins come in different forms, so just check out the dosage. My sister had recommended them to me and when I saw them for 50% off at my grocery store, I bought a few bottles. The ones I bought though have to be taken 6 (large) pills a day. I haven't been able to convince myself to do that with the nausea. They do make one that is one time per day I think though.

sasra_nu
06-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Would these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00115BJ30/ref=rcxsubs_dp_chrt?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER) be the right ones (the Rainbow vitamins)? With my nausea getting worse and not better, I'd MUCH prefer to take 1 pill per day!!

On Amazon, the price is .11/pill for 150 pills, if I do subscribe & save which should give me free shipping. Not as expensive as I thought they'd be at all.

kismetbaby
06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Yep, those should be the right one's Sara!

Kate--have you ever tried Floradix? I've never had an iron issue, but last pg I heard such good things about Floradix from mamas that did. . .maybe you could get the low/no-iron prenatal and supplement with the Floradix instead?

I'm still feeling nauseated too, although it's better than a couple weeks ago *knock wood*. But today has been pretty blah. Made eggs for breakfast and couldn't eat them at all. Ugh

I too am so so saddened to hear such bad news from two mamas this weekend. :( It's so hard to sit here and be able to do nothing.

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 03:55 PM
8 weeks 1 day
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z54/Mummyof2ooo/bca5e4bb.jpg

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Zzzxx

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Aww crap wrong thread what I get for being on my phone off to put in our pic one lmao

foxygoober
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I had to use Floradix last pg. It did help and didn't constipate me. . .but that isn't really a prob I have pg. . . .For some reason my family has a problem processing iron. I think Floradix was the 3rd thing we tried. It worked fairly quickly.

kismetbaby
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Cute belly Amy! you can always post those in this thread too :giggle:

I need to take one too. Last pg I was religious about taking one every weekend, this time, I've taken maybe two already. . .but I don't have much of a belly going yet. . .despite the fact that I can't button any pants! :blush:

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Ohh that reminds me. Next month I'm hosting the Frontier coop and they carry the rainbow prenatals. I think I'm gonna get a few bottles since it's way cheaper. This constipation has to give :( I've tried everything so now I wait..lol

abbi_n_nadia
06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi mamas, haven't been on much lately but I have been checking in and reading updates. So so so sad for the mamas who have lost their babies. :cry: so heartbreaking. Praying for you all.

Not much going on here...still haven't been to the dr yet. Guess I'm gonna have to do that soon! I am 9 weeks now, I think I'll call at 10 weeks and make an appointment. I'm not too anxious to do it tho because I'm not sure what I'm doing yet! Our insurance says I have to go to a family dr and get a referral to go to my usual ob for prenatal care. I've never even seen that fam dr before so I feel kind of weird making an appointment just to ask them for a referral to see someone else. And I'm not sure if I should do that or just see the fam dr for the early ultrasound and stuff and then find a midwife OR if I should see the fam dr, get a referral to the ob, and then later switch to a midwife OR should I skipped the drs all together and go straight to a midwife. Ahh! Kinda makes my head spin. Our insurance wouldnt cover a homebirth midwife last time we tried so it might be better money wise to see a dr also or at least the first few visits.

Anybody ever went to a homebirth midwife AND a dr the whole pregnancy? I'm pretty sure the ob would NOT be happy about me planning a homebirth! So I don't know if she would even see me if she knew I was also going to a midwife. This is our second homebirth but last time I saw drs until 30 weeks and then started seeing the midwife but that was because of a move and I had been emailing back and forth with the midwife for a couple months already before we moved. so many decisions!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum