PDA

View Full Version : spotting - Final update, 6/21, post #67

austinandashlynsmommy
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
sorry if this is tmi...

:cry: Add me to the list of bleeding mamas. I was just talking to dh on the phone and I felt a light "gush", almost like I peed myself a tiny bit but I didn't have to pee. When I got off the phone and went to the bathroom to see what was going on, there was a pinkish liquid in my underwear. When I wiped there was some light pink with bright red spots. I have no idea what that means but I'm scared to death. :( I have had spotting with all 3 of my kids and it was different each time and always turned out to be nothing. With my first, it was mostly brown and was off and on until 18 weeks. With dd, it was bright red and heavy and only lasted a few hours. With my youngest, I had some light brown spotting one time only and nothing more. I never even had that one checked out since it was old blood and hardly anything. This is very different and you would think having gone through this with good results 3 times, I would be able to relax and not panic but it doesn't get any easier. My mom is on her way here for dinner and doesn't know yet but I'm going to ask her to stay with the kids so dh can go with me to the ER to get checked. Please pray for me and this bean. I'll be devastated if something is wrong but I'll be back to update later tonight. Prayers and thoughts appreciated.

kismetbaby
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh no mama. :hugs: I really hope it's nothing, but I know how scary that it! Have you had a u/s already and seen your bean?

You'll be in my thoughts. . .keep us posted!

lovermuffin
06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh prayers sent mama! I hope everything is ok. Thank heavens for relatives living closeby!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, I saw the bean and healthy heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days. (3 weeks ago today). I'm even more worried because for the last 1-2 weeks, the m/s has been much better and as long as I eat as soon as I start to feel hungry, the nausea goes away. I have still been extremely exhausted and I take a nap almost every day but otherwise I have felt pretty good. I'm used to feeling miserable all through my pregnancy.

I couldn't imagine my parents not living locally. We are really close and they are the only people (other than my in laws) that I leave the kids with.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Prayers all is ok with you and the baby:hugs: I hope it is something only minor and your both just fine.:pray:

momof3boys1girl
06-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes, I saw the bean and healthy heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days. (3 weeks ago today). I'm even more worried because for the last 1-2 weeks, the m/s has been much better and as long as I eat as soon as I start to feel hungry, the nausea goes away. I have still been extremely exhausted and I take a nap almost every day but otherwise I have felt pretty good. I'm used to feeling miserable all through my pregnancy.

I couldn't imagine my parents not living locally. We are really close and they are the only people (other than my in laws) that I leave the kids with.

To the bolded omg i couldnt either. My parents are a few blocks away :giggle: and im praying its nothing:hugs:

foxygoober
06-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh :( prayers for you and bean!!

stacieandtheboys
06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Prayers for you and your baby!

erin_c_odonnell
06-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Praying mama! :hugs: hoping all is well!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't look like good news for me. :( I haven't had any bleeding at all other than the spotting with the pink discharge and when I got to the er, they did a pelvic/pap first and the dr. said there was no visible blood on my cervix and it was closed up like it should be. Everything came back normal except I guess I have a yeast infection (never had one before but they gave me diflucan). They took a bunch of blood and I guess everything came back normal. My HCG was at 46,000 which I guess is in the normal range for where I am. I'm 9 weeks 4 days. Then came the ultrasound. The tech was a man and he was HORRIBLE! He turned the screen away from dh and I and wouldn't tell us anything. He just kept saying that dr. would go over it with me later. Then he started yelling for the other tech to come and take a look to see if she could see anything and asking about my bloodwork, etc... Then he stopped, wiped me off and asked the other tech to wheel me back to my room. I demanded a transvaginal because I'm not even 10 weeks and I have a tipped uterus but he refused to do it and said that the results of the abdominal were not inconclusive. When they dr. came in he said that my sac is only measuring 7 weeks and there is nothing inside. He ordered a rhogam shot and sent me home with a emergency packet of vicodin and an RX for more and information on miscarriage. My nurse was awesome and totally on my side. She was skeptical too and told me that I need to call my ob first thing in the morning and get a vaginal u/s tomorrow before I get too upset. Things aren't adding up and what happened to the baby with a strong heartbeat that I saw in there just 3 weeks ago? How can my sac be empty when I haven't passed anything and only had a couple drops of blood on the toilet paper one time? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I'm an emotional mess. :( Dh and I are so confused.

eracheld
06-14-2011, 10:22 PM
So sorry you are going through this mama. Praying hard for you and hopefully you will get some good news in the morning.

kismetbaby
06-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh mama, I'm so sorry. Especially sorry that you had such a bad experience. It does seem weird. . .I hope that you can get some answers tomorrow.

Keeping you in my thoughts. :hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry you were treated so badly at the ER, I am praying you get better news tomorrow at your dr office.:hugs:

flmamao2
06-14-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm so sorry! Your right about something not adding up though...please contact your ob first thing and update us...praying hard for you and your bean

Lanae
06-15-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm so sorry! Your right about something not adding up though...please contact your ob first thing and update us...praying hard for you and your bean

Exactly and good luck!

upstategirl
06-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Sorry you are going through this and keep us updated! It doesn't add up. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

cutebluebaby
06-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience!! Please keep us updated with what your OB says. :hugs:

austinandashlynsmommy
06-15-2011, 06:33 AM
I see my OB at 10 this morning and he is going to do a vaginal u/s. I'm praying that I see my little bean in there but trying to not get my hopes up.

malaynasmommy
06-15-2011, 06:37 AM
DDC Praying for you & baby Michele! :hugs:

mrscompgeek
06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Prayers!!! I had a rough experience with the ER OB on call when DD was born. I had a homebirth transport because I tore and he was SUPER rude, stuffed his hand up my vag right after I had given birth and then was yelling at me because I wouldnt hold still. He tried to make me look like a liar and a idiot. Sorry you had a rough time with it too! I would definetly email the hospital and let them know about the rude person.

sasra_nu
06-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Oh Michele :hugs:

I am praying so hard that you see your bean on the u/s today. I am so sorry about what you went through at the ER - I just hope and pray that they were wrong, wrong, wrong. It doesn't seem to make sense.

stacieandtheboys
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Er docs are the worst! I hope you can get in to your doc today and he gives you great news.

Rodeo Mama
06-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Praying for you and hoping for better news this morning.

lovermuffin
06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Hoping for good news.

erin_c_odonnell
06-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Go talk to the OB- I wouldn't trust that tech either :( :hugs:

austinandashlynsmommy
06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I have good news, but not great news. They did the transvaginal ultrasound and as expected, my uterus is still tilted up and back so even with that it was difficult. I couldn't see the baby at all until my ob pointed it out to me. He or she is implanted in my cervix which isn't good, also, the heart rate was very low. It should be over 150 at this point and it is only around 100. He thinks that the gush of pink fluid that I had last night was amniotic fluid, also not good. There still hasn't been any more bleeding which IS good, but my ob said that although it's possible that the pregnancy could continue safely, the odds aren't in our favor. Please keep praying for us and that this little bean sticks. I'm trying to stay positive and I'm on bedrest for a week. I have another u/s next Tuesday to see what's happening and I'm under orders to go to the ER immediately if I start bleeding. I'm trying to stay positive without getting my hopes up too much. I believe in miracles and am praying for one now.

stacieandtheboys
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Praying for you hun :hugs:

leeuhhh
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm thinking of you! Sorry you have to go through so much. :(

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Praying all looks better in a week mama, I am sorry your going through this.:hugs:

lovermuffin
06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Praying for a miracle too. :) Sticky Bean! Sticky Bean! Sticky Bean!

Rodeo Mama
06-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Praying for you!!

cutebluebaby
06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
:hugs: Hoping for the best for you Michele!!

kismetbaby
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
:hugs: mama, you're in my thoughts.

sasra_nu
06-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Just saw your update Michele. I believe in miracles too, and I'll pray for one for you and your little bean. :hugs:

flmamao2
06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Praying hard mama...so sorry...take it easy!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you everyone! My mom was here all day helping with the kids and will be each day while dh is at work as long as I'm on bed rest. I'm calling a high risk ob at OSU tomorrow as well and will hopefully be seen quickly. I just don't feel like my tiny hospital and small town ob is really equipped to handle the possible complications I could go through if this baby makes it. Part of me is so happy and excited that my bean is still there, weak heartbeat aside but I'm trying so hard to not get TOO excited at the same time. It's a big emotional roller coaster to go from being told the baby is gone to it's there but weak and add in extra complications. *sigh* 2 days ago I thought I was having the perfect healthy pregnancy. Still praying for a miracle and bored out of my mind on the couch.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
:bighug:

malaynasmommy
06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Saying lots of prayers for you Michele!

JanelleD
06-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Michele, I'm praying for a miracle for you! I'm sorry the u/s tech. wasn't nice, I had one of those too. I pray that next Tuesday brings good news for you and your family.

cutebluebaby
06-16-2011, 05:43 AM
:hugs: Hope you can see a high risk OB quickly, and that everything goes well in the next few days! Rest up!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Thank you mamas. :) I tried calling the high risk practice but because I'm already established with my ob, he has to send them a referral and they are scheduling 2 weeks out. Since I'm already scheduled for an u/s with my ob on Tuesday, I'm going to wait until then and see if there is an improvement in the heart rate and then ask for my referral before I leave. I don't think he will have a problem giving it to me if I'm more comfortable with it. I feel terrible this morning. I'm more nauseous than I have been in the last couple weeks so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Still no bleeding or noticeable fluid leaking. Still praying for a miracle.

momof3boys1girl
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry you are feeling blah but its a good sign!! Means the hcg is still running strong in your body :giggle: sending tons of prayers and hugs your way :)

kismetbaby
06-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Michele--I hope that things work out! How worrisome and anxious this must be for you. :hugs:

cheetah mommy
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
uh oh

abbi_n_nadia
06-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Just seeing this! Praying hard for you mama! :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

upstategirl
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
That is good that you feel sick. Sending good vibes!

austinandashlynsmommy
06-19-2011, 08:50 AM
It looks like I'm saying goodbye as well. I have felt good since my Wednesday morning u/s at the ob's office and hadn't had any more spotting until last night. I had some light spotting when I went to the bathroom but it was bright red. Like my ob instructed, we went to the ER again to get checked but this time I refused to go to the same one. We went to the larger (much larger) hospital an hour away hoping for better care and bedside manner. It was worse. I had a horrible, arrogant dr. who basically told me I was stupid for coming there and told me it would be a waste of time to do a vaginal u/s. The spotting was gone by the time we arrived there. I had to put up a huge fight and he called up to OB and a resident ob/gyn came down and after another huge argument, did the vaginal. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what she was doing considering half the time the probe wasn't even in and she wasn't paying attention, but after probably 15 minutes, she stopped and said that she couldn't find any sign of my baby or a heartbeat. She said that their u/s machine was poor quality so although she was 99.9% sure I have lost my baby and just haven't passed anything yet, but still recommended another re-check at my ob's Monday. She did say that she saw what appeared to be a clot on my cervix and I got the impression that she thinks that is what was at one time, my baby. We were there until 3am. (arrived at 10). The one thing that both the er dr. and the ob said that did make sense is that things do not look normal for a 10 week pregnancy and I know that's true. Maybe I have been grasping at straws. Anyway, they labled it an 'abnormal pregnancy' and told me that I will start bleeding and cramping soon. Also, my HCG was down to 33,000 last night too. That's still within normal range for where I am in my pregnancy, BUT, it's a 10,000 point drop in 4 days.

My family keeps asking how I'm feeling and there is really only one word. heartbroken. To be told that my baby was gone and I was miscarrying, to seeing the heartbeat the next day with a poor outlook, getting my hopes back up, to I'm miscarrying again.... I'm just lost. Anyway, I'll be having another check either Monday or Tuesday at my ob's office but I'm going to be realistic. I don't expect good news. :cry:

JeDeeLenae
06-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Good luck with the check. The ultrasound I got when I miscarried was horrifying. She said she wasn't allowed to show me anything, there was no heartbeat, and at the end, the probe was covered in blood. :( I'm still scared of the transvaginal ultrasounds.

:hugs: I'm very sorry for your loss and the treatment you went through. I don't think most places are equipped to handle miscarriages. I don't think a lot of doctors really understand what goes on after you hear that.

lovermuffin
06-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Oh Michele, why do these things happen?! I am sooo sorry. I agree with needing to be realistic with the facts in front of us. I tried to be soo optimistic, especially since DH wasn't and is still hasn't accepted the fact that we DID miscarry. There is nothing that could have prepared us for this. I am so heartbroken for the both of us.

If you would like, we can keep in touch through PM's or whatever as we both go through all this together. I know, I would really like that! :)

austinandashlynsmommy
06-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh Michele, why do these things happen?! I am sooo sorry. I agree with needing to be realistic with the facts in front of us. I tried to be soo optimistic, especially since DH wasn't and is still hasn't accepted the fact that we DID miscarry. There is nothing that could have prepared us for this. I am so heartbroken for the both of us.

If you would like, we can keep in touch through PM's or whatever as we both go through all this together. I know, I would really like that! :)

The strange thing is that dh is the optimistic one. He has shown very little emotion and doesn't trust anyone we have seen (except my ob). he keeps telling me not to put myself through this until I have seen my dr this week. I just can't get my hopes up again. And I agree 100%. I don't think they are really equipped to handle what a woman actually feels when you get that sort of news. I might only be 10 weeks pregnant, but I lost a CHILD, tiny fetus or not. They basically told me that unless I want medical intervention to help me miscarry (D&C or meds), then I was wasting their time. Unbelievable. :cry:

Anyway, I would love to stay in touch and I'm so sad that you are going through this as well. I honestly had a really good feeling for both of us yesterday. I was terrified at the hospital but I didn't expect the news that I got. :(

malaynasmommy
06-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry Michele. :cry: I will continue to pray for you!!

sasra_nu
06-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh Michele... I am just so sorry to read your update. My heart is breaking for you and Nikki both. What an awful week we've had here on this DDC. It just doesn't seem fair or right!! I will be thinking of you and praying for you, and please update after you see your OB. :hugs:

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
How many weeks are you? Im just not understanding the hcg. It is suppose to drop the paperwork that i have from our ER shows a drastic drop in levels. That sucks the bigger supposed to be better hospital was worse :crying: Its only one day so hold tight until you can see your OB and really get a good machine.

eracheld
06-19-2011, 01:04 PM
So sorry mama. :hugs:

erin_c_odonnell
06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Michelle- could you try finding a midwife or a mommy group- someone that has a doppler maybe? I don't know mama- I would hold on to hope till you see your OB. I'm so sorry you're going through this :( :hugs: :(

kismetbaby
06-19-2011, 02:44 PM
So sorry mama, for everything. I hope you will update us once you have seen your Ob.

:hugs:

austinandashlynsmommy
06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
How many weeks are you? Im just not understanding the hcg. It is suppose to drop the paperwork that i have from our ER shows a drastic drop in levels. That sucks the bigger supposed to be better hospital was worse :crying: Its only one day so hold tight until you can see your OB and really get a good machine.

I'm 10 weeks 2 days. I wouldn't be shocked by a small drop but 10,000 in 4 days seems like a LOT.

Honestly, I'm scared to have any hope. I have been bleeding lightly since around 11am (it's almost 6) so I'm not optimistic. I'm not cramping yet, but I feel uncomfortable and sort of nauseous.

solarbabies
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
:hugs: Oh mama, this has to be so stressful for you! I'm thinking of you.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I am so sorry mama, I am sad for you all, I didn't expect these updates to turn this way. my heart just breaks for you mama's.:bighug:

momof3boys1girl
06-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Ok again i know im prob bugging everyone on the numbers but im SO confused on why this isnt normal. Here is what my paperwork says ill just list them all..lol

0.2-1 week 5-50
1-2 weeks 50-500
2-3 weeks 100-5,000
3-4 weeks 500-10,000
4-5 weeks 1,000-50,000
5-6 weeks 10,000-100,000
6-8 weeks 15,000-200,000
8-12 weeks 10,000-100,000

So it could easily go down 10,000 if it were going down. It doubles when it goes up in 48 hours so why wouldnt it do the same going down?

Im trying to understand this whole betas thing bc i didnt have them done with any other baby and the ER did them with this one and sent all my labs home(not suppose too but they did).

JanelleD
06-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Michele, I am so sorry. Of course you are heartbroken. I am saying a prayer for you.

mrspnut82
06-20-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm so sorry mama.

Rodeo Mama
06-20-2011, 07:11 AM
I"m so, so sorry mama! ((Hugs))

Hands&Fire Pottery
06-20-2011, 07:15 AM
So sorry mama for everything you are going through.

mrscompgeek
06-20-2011, 08:50 AM
So sorry to read this mama! I was out of town for the weekend and was very sad to see the update when i got home. . PRayer for you and your family!!!!

upstategirl
06-21-2011, 04:11 AM
So sorry you are going through this! ((hugs))

austinandashlynsmommy
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I had my ultrasound this afternoon and there was no heartbeat, also the baby was very small. My ob thinks there was a growth delay that may have been the problem. My sac and uterus grew as normal for my stage of pregnancy but my baby didn't keep up and had a weak heart. I will be having a D&C within the next couple of days due to my history of not being able to dilate. I tried to prepare myself but I would be lying if I said that I was handling things well.

I wish I could continue to follow all of your pregnancies and continue to be part of the group but it is just too painful for me. I wish you all a very happy and healthy 9 months and will keep you all and your beans in my thoughts and prayers. Goodbye and God bless.

pearryandbellasmama
06-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I am so so sorry mama. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

vittoriosmom
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I am so sorry Michelle. I hope you get over the heartbreak soon and are able to try again. You will get your baby here sooner or later. You are in my thoughts.

solarbabies
06-21-2011, 07:50 PM
:hugs: so sorry.

kismetbaby
06-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh Michele, I am so sad for you. And I will miss you around here. I will be thinking of you and wishing for much peace and healing for you.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
06-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I am so sorry Michele, My heart is aching for you mama, sending Prayers for you. I am only a pm away if you need someone to lean on.:hugs:

erin_c_odonnell
06-22-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm so sorry mama :cry: :hugs:

Hands&Fire Pottery
06-22-2011, 06:20 AM
So sorry mama. Sending healing thoughts your way. :(

Rodeo Mama
06-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm so sorry, mama! :hugs: I'll miss you around here too. Praying for you!

sasra_nu
06-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Michele, my heart just aches for you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It's just so unfair. I don't blame you - I wouldn't be able to stick around either. I will pray for you to find peace. :hugs:

cheetah mommy
06-28-2011, 02:54 PM
uh oh