PDA

View Full Version : June 30th Daily Chat

CandiceM
06-30-2011, 03:39 AM
QOTD - what was the first concert that you attended?

I haven't started a daily thread before, so I hope this hasn't been asked :)

CandiceM
06-30-2011, 03:44 AM
AOTD: My friend won tickets and a backstage meeting with the backstreet Boys when I was 15. (hey it was awesome at the time!) I still giggle looking at the picture of us with them.

Kristi, we're doing Bodega beach, so if you have a good place to meet up? I think we have DS's around the same age, don't we?

AFM: I never start the threads, but it's almost seven and we're headed to the city to get DD's passport for Saturday and then headed to the anatomy scan! My stomach has been in knots all night. I'm pretty sure that we ruled out Trisomy 13 at my NT scan (presence of a nose and stomach and a good NT measurement) but now I worry about all of the other things that could go wrong. This baby-making thing is a hard job!

I'll update you all later! Have a nice day :)

CandiceM
06-30-2011, 03:56 AM
just went back to read yesterday's thread

Kristi, I'm so frustrated for you. I totally agree - debt that you made together should be first priority. DH and i have one chequing acct and one savings, we pass everything by each other for some reason - even stupid small things like lunch. It's just always been that way. i can't imagine being married to somebody who just had no concept of money and how to spend it. (not that we don't have debt, believe me! CCs have almost killed us, but at least we're on the same page in terms of wanting to pay it off).
I really hope that he comes around. That would be a huge stress on me. I'm glad you're putting it in an acct in your name.

hilaryisinked
06-30-2011, 05:31 AM
AOTD: You know, I have no idea. I can picture it in my head but I have no clue who it was. I know it was a country singer and I was 6 or 7.

Good luck today Candice! Can't wait to hear what you are having and most of all, that it is healthy!

youngmomma
06-30-2011, 06:00 AM
yeah Candice....praying for healthy baby!!

I haven't read any threads started or updated yesterday....hoping DS sleeps in for awhile and let's me have some "me" time this morning.

qotd: Supertones and Five Iron Frenzy....gosh I loved ska when I was in middle school. My friends and I typically wore suits to the concerts:-) Wow we were geeks!

Hoping to get MY house in order (I still have dishes in my sink from Monday night dinner....EWWW GROSS). Grocery shopping and dropping by to check on my momma later today.

Was up from 1-4 am last night.....and begins the insomnia. What do you all do to help sleep through the night.

hilaryisinked
06-30-2011, 06:07 AM

I haven't read any threads started or updated yesterday....hoping DS sleeps in for awhile and let's me have some "me" time this morning.

qotd: Supertones and Five Iron Frenzy....gosh I loved ska when I was in middle school. My friends and I typically wore suits to the concerts:-) Wow we were geeks!

Hoping to get MY house in order (I still have dishes in my sink from Monday night dinner....EWWW GROSS). Grocery shopping and dropping by to check on my momma later today.

Was up from 1-4 am last night.....and begins the insomnia. What do you all do to help sleep through the night.

LOVE Five Iron Frenzy.

Three Little Monkeys
06-30-2011, 06:26 AM
I think my first "real" concert was the Cranberries. I haven't been to very many.

AFM. DH is off today and we are taking the kids to ride their bikes. We have a really great paved bike track around the stadium so the kids can ride and be safe. We took DD's training wheels off this week so we are working on that.

Mercy24
06-30-2011, 07:25 AM
I think my first concert was Sum 41. I was like 13 and I went with my mom haha I thought I was so cool!

Hoping to get MY house in order (I still have dishes in my sink from Monday night dinner....EWWW GROSS).

I wish the only dishes in my sink were from Monday. :yuck: They're my weakness, I just hate them. :banghead: Plus I know if I let them sit long enough SO will break down and do them for me hahah

angel0123
06-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Aotd my first concert waa george micheal.

Afm feeling moody today. Meh. I dont get a break from my adhd kid this wk and its wearing on my patience. It will be wednesday before i can have a break frpm him.
Last day of school today for ds 3.

hilaryisinked
06-30-2011, 07:31 AM
I wish the only dishes in my sink were from Monday. :yuck: They're my weakness, I just hate them. :banghead: Plus I know if I let them sit long enough SO will break down and do them for me hahah

This is me too. I hate dishes! I miss having a dishwasher. Now I just hope DH will give in and wash them.

youngmomma
06-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Oh I have a dishwasher.....it's been full with the clean light on since sitting down to dinner Monday night.....does that make it even worse?? :hide:

I just need to unload and reload. Sigh.....

Mercy24
06-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I have a dishwasher too haha mine's also filled with clean dishes!

MinkaK
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
AOTD: No clue. I think Lilith Fair.

AFM: Endo appt today to go over my sugars. Eep.

MinkaK
06-30-2011, 09:53 AM

Thank goodness my MIL is here, I haven't washed dishes in over 3 weeks now :giggle: As for sleep. I take the kids to the park each evening and that wears me out. I usually sleep hard all night.

TwinKristi
06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Kristi, we're doing Bodega beach, so if you have a good place to meet up? I think we have DS's around the same age, don't we?

Candice- YES we love Bodega Bay, that's where Doran Beach is and it's great! Has a nice area to swim/play in the water, not a lot of huge crashing waves or rocks, not as crowded as Stinson, no SHARKS, etc. :giggle: BUT parking is a bleep on the weekends and you have to get there early to get a decent parking spot even though it's not really nice weather yet. I know you have to drive quite a ways (yahoo maps says 1hr 20mins) so I will give you my cell number and we can try to arrange a time. I know this is naughty but we could always take up 2 parking spots if we find them and then move when you get there. :giggle: It's $6 for day-use there but way safer than any of the side of the road beaches along the hwy. :blush: YAY how exciting!! And yes, my Nathen is just 2 wks older than your DS!

youngmomma
06-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Ummmm I totally just caved at the cottonbabies 2nds BG 4.0 sale....I bought 7 new diapers!!! I told dh it would be easier for me to sell my current bg diapers instead of having to replace velcro and elastic in the coming year....LOL!

TwinKristi
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
AOTD: I saw Garth Brooks when I was 16. My friend asked me to go last minute and the twins were only about 2 mos old so I had to BEG my mom to let me go and watch the twins. I didn't even LIKE Garth Brooks, but I wanted out of the house so bad and had never been to a concert. The whole time my friends mom kept telling us we had really crappy seats and not to complain! LOL When we got there my 2 friends and I sat down and this guy with a crew pass came and asked if we wanted front row seats? LOL Of course we did! So he said if we could answer 3 questions about Garth Brooks we could get front row seats!! :lostit: They were lame questions you couldn't get wrong like name 2 songs by Garth Brooks, name an album by Garth Brooks and name your fav Garth Brooks song! We had FRONT ROW seats and got to touch him and everything! I've only been to a few since then, Stained with Slipnot and someone else, and The Who. We had tickets to Creed but it got cancelled!

Candice- :pray: and :hugs: for today!! I know you must be horribly anxious! I can't wait to hear all about the scan and see pics!! :lostit:

Dishes... UGH!! :banghead: Hate dishes! LOL That's one of the twins' chores. One usually does them during the day and one does them at night. Keeps it even that way! LOL I do them otherwise and it takes me about 1/2 the time it takes them but whatever. They have to learn! Not gonna raise sissy boys who can't take care of themselves! LOL But we do have a dishwasher, I can't imagine life without one.

Alana- Good luck at your appt today! I imagine severe GD must be so frustrating. Glad your MIL has been a help while staying!!

AFM- Ugh... got a call that my OB is sending a referral to UCSF for me to see their high-risk Peri. I suppose I knew this day would come but I just thought we would have talked about it before getting that phone call. :headscratch: I don't even know what I'm going for exactly, just a visit or if they're doing an echocardiogram or what? I go to the OB on the 12th and HIGHLY doubt I'll get into UCSF before that so I guess I'll have a chance to talk to her about it then. I don't understand why I can't get an echo done locally? Don't they do that at the hospital in town? Blah! I seriously hated going to the city to see the Peri with #4, it was such a PITA and caused me so much stress. I guess I would rather have the wait and see approach and only going if I need to? So much for that!

ho11yb
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
My dad took us to a lot of concerts when I was fairly young that weren't my choice (I remember Robert Palmer and rod Stewart) but the first that was my choice totally dates me... It was The Bangles (Walk like an egyptian). I went with a group of friends for my 13 th birthday. We had a blast while our moms waited at a restaurant across the street.

Candace-ultrasound today! Exciting and scary too I'm sure! I hope the time flies by for the time to come and that you see a perfect and healthy little baby!!

AFM-I'm still sick with a miserable cold. I was up for hours last night and finally took a hot shower at 2:30am to help try to clear my sinuses a bit so I could sleep. Benadryl, throat drops, saline spray, and salt water gargle aren't cutting it! I'm miserable. What do you all use for colds in pregnancy?

HeatherM0529
06-30-2011, 12:27 PM
LeAnn Rimes. I was 6. I've seen about 300 more artists since then!!

My appt got moved from Wednesday to TOMORROW!! I'm also hoping that will get me in for my U/S a little sooner as well! I'm so excited. It's at 11:20.
I'll be 14.5 weeks tomorrow.

HeatherM0529
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I hate dishes too. I always fill the dishwasher and then we pick out of it for about 3 days, I never really put them away until it's time to do another load. And then when I'm doing the dishes I don't really hate it all that much. But I hate the THOUGHT of getting up to do them. Then I have to wash some by hand and I'm there about 20-30 minutes just standing at the sink. They're annoying.

And our dishwasher sucks. It's pretty new, we bought it 1 yr used and that was last year. So it's about 2 maybe 3 years old. It doesn't clean dishes worth a crap. DD has a bowl from oatmeal in there that just got washed this morning and it's filthy, yet a plate that had dried ribs on it is clean as a whistle... I don't freaking get it...

Abbaloosa
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Aotd: Never been to one. I love music but grew up ultra conservative, as did my friends and there just wasn't ever an opportunity. Can't say I regret it all that much honestly, maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.

I just got over a nasty cold that lasted two weeks...throat lozenges and nasal rinse/flush helped quite a bit. Drink lots of water.

angel0123
06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Holly we must be the same age. Lol

MrsJordan85
06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
AOTD: Amy Grant- lol! I was so pumped at the time. I loved her and my parents hit tickets in my Christmas stocking. I remember screaming my head off because I was so excited :)

AFM: Selah slept last night!!!!! YAY! I put her down at 6:45 and she woke up 4 times within 3 hours after initially putting her down, then she slept until 6 this morning. DH got up with her and changed her/gave her a bottle and she went back down for 2 more hours. I felt like I slept in until noon! It was glorious. :hugegrin: She is feeling so much better today. We had a play-date this morning with a good friend, and that was lots of fun. Now she is napping and I got a bunch of laundry done and put away. I feel so much better today, especially since I have gotten some housework done. I still have a ton of cleaning to do to get caught up. I haven't done anything since Saturday and the house is SUCH a mess. I hate getting behind, but at least my sweetie is feeling better.

MrsJordan85
06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Ummmm I totally just caved at the cottonbabies 2nds BG 4.0 sale....I bought 7 new diapers!!! I told dh it would be easier for me to sell my current bg diapers instead of having to replace velcro and elastic in the coming year....LOL!

I just got 3. I got 2 white and 1 noodle in snaps. I need some light GN dipes to wear with certain outfits that you can kinda see through. :)

ho11yb
06-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Holly we must be the same age. Lol

Haha-we're the old ladies of the group!

Elizabeth-great t hear your dd slept better last night and is feeling better!

HeavenlyHold
06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm....Probably the Beach Boys at the County Fair?

MeCo7707
06-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I've read everything but my stupid thing lost all my quotes soo...

Debt - I hate it, thankfully while DH loves to spend money he also doesn't spend it unless we have it - and we are down to the last 2000 in CC debt which should be gone by August unless he comes home early from deployment.

Dishes - Since getting pregnant everything makes me want to puke - even the smell of dish detergent :yuck:

Yaye for everyone gettting scans - hope everything is healthy and happy!

AOTD: I haven't ever attended a concert...I have worked bunches though, backstage - meh. Oh no I take that back a few years ago I went to Country Jam for like 3 hours - I wanted to hear Rascal Flats but their sound guy was SOOO bad I couldn't make it through the first song...and my husband being the sound guy he is couldn't stand to stay either.

CandiceM
06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Kristi, okay, that sounds great! PM me your number :)

foxygoober
06-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Meredith- I know it'll be a relief to have that paid off!! My student loan will be forgiven in August and then our only debt is the house.

AOTD: Smashing Pumpkins - Yea, my students freak out when they hear that. They just don't think they listen to "old" music ;p
I also went to a concert at the State Fair the year before that. I just don't remember who it was.

Dandelion
06-30-2011, 08:44 PM
My first concert was the Covington High School spring band concert, directed by my Dad, I was 3. My first rock band concert was the Top Cats in New Orleans when I was 6.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

CheapskateKate
06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Aotd: homy, it is embarrassing to even say! I have only been to two concerts my entire life and they were both the Christian artist Carmen. Ha!

Sorry,super long day here. I left this morning at 7:15 to take dh to work, then went to my moms to drop off the kids and hung out there for about an hour before leaving for my a ppt. It went well, I only gained 2 lbs and baby had a nice strong heartbeat of 147 I believe. My big u/s is on 7/28. Then i stopped by a yarn store and went to get the kids, but ended up staying at my mom and dads until time to get dh from work. Got home and did dinner and cleaned the kitchen and started my homemade vanilla. After that it was making signs for tomorrows yard sale. Going to crash now. Catch up tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum