PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Swagbucks offer - BIG PROBLEMS, anyone else?? :(

deanaparthur
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
We don't have cable and had been looking at Netflix. When I saw the 1000 Swagbucks offer for a month free trial and told DH about it, we thought it'd be a GREAT deal - and have been loving it for the past few days we've had it (we signed up June 28).

What's the problem?
1) Netflix CHARGED (it's not a hold, it's a charge) my paypal the $7.99 for the month free trial. We have never been netflix members before. We think the $7.99 is a great deal but feel majorly mislead and overcharged. We're happy to pay for our subscription... AFTER our month free trial is up. Not on the date we start it.

2) My swagbucks are still not credited. I contacted TrialPay with a copy of the confirmation emai around 36 hours after I conpleted the deal. They said it would take 3-5 days to hear back from Netflix and then they'd "let me know." I clicked through the swagbucks site on the Netflix offer.

I'm really irritated right now. I feel mislead, overcharged and kind of taken advantage of. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Did you get any resolution.

I will call Netflix on Tuesday after the holiday, request the charge be refunded until my free trial is up - then they can bill me for the first month. Not before then as the agreement stated. I'm seriously worried then that I won't get the 1000 Swagbucks the offer stated, which even though we like the Netflix, really sours me on the entire deal if that makes any sense. I just feel really let down :cry:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
07-02-2011, 10:38 PM
They should have credited you instantly, I signed up my dad for the trial, the sb credited instant and he was not charged that fast. His trial is barely going to be up, I should call and ask him.

justjacqueline
07-02-2011, 10:58 PM
It took me MONTHS of constantly emailing Trial Pay (thru SB) to get credit. I was told I didn't complete the offer correctly, whatever that meant. I emailed them everyday for at least three months. I was seriously ticked off. Finally they gave me the points and said I didn't qualify for the points but they would go ahead "this time" so I said, NEVER AGAIN!

Queen_Celeste
07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I have heard really bad things about people not getting their SBs, or getting them and then they were gone the next day. Sorry you are having problems. :(

PiecesOfKate
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I just signed up for Netflix through swagbucks like 30 minutes ago and received them right away. I had no idea there were issues but I will keep an eye on my account.

OP hope you get it worked out with them. I would be frustrated too. :hugs:

tuxgirl
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Isn't the first month of netflix already free?

delmamarie
07-02-2011, 11:06 PM
You shouldn't have been charged right away. We didn't sign up through sb, but directly through netflix months ago, and they NEVER charged our card until day 31. I smell something fishy....

My Sweet Blessings
07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I did a different offer that was suppose to be instant credit of the SB and I didn't get them. After a couple of emails back and forth and me showing the proof, they credited me the SB.

crystalanne79
07-03-2011, 06:42 AM
are you sure you've never tried netflix before? The free trial is only good once so is it possible you already had an account from years ago?

2+2macht4
07-03-2011, 06:47 AM
are you sure you've never tried netflix before? The free trial is only good once so is it possible you already had an account from years ago?

I dunno, was a ntflix customer who canceled my membership, when I reinstated I still got 1 month free.

10Newtons
07-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I had a problem with an eMusic deal like that last year....never again will I use SB to sign up for anything it was a NIGHTMARE.

I hope you can get it worked out quickly. :(

Dawndelion
07-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I did that before Christmas, and didn't have any problems. Netflix didn't charge me until our month was up, and I got my SB pretty quickly. I'm sorry you have having problems with it, and I hope Netflix and SB comes through for you to get it fixed quickly.

ctj101502
07-03-2011, 02:39 PM
We didn't get the 1st month charge like you, but didn't get the free sb promotion we went through, sent the stuff to trial pay said we didn't qualify correctly or something :headscratch: VERY ANNOYED but still like our netflix

homeschoolingmama
07-03-2011, 02:51 PM
I am thinking that something didn't work right with your offer. When we did ours we had credit within an hour or two on swagbucks and no trouble at all with netflix. Definitely contact them both!!!

BTW, we really loved netflix and still have it, 7 or so months later!!

Chris10
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Isn't the first month of netflix already free?

Yea, they always have the free first month promotion....

BeckyP
07-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I have heard really bad things about people not getting their SBs, or getting them and then they were gone the next day. Sorry you are having problems. :(

They never gave me credit either. I was so mad that they said I didn't qualify yet they couldn't tell me why. I never have had netflix and I signed up under their link. It is BS and I will never sign up for an offer again.

justjacqueline
07-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Well I guess they got tired of me emailing them daily and I did get the credits. I didn't really give them an option though.

lecialefty
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry it's not working right. :( It worked for me, no charge and almost instant sb. This was when they first had the offer a couple months ago.

MamaJules
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
That stinks. I did that offer a couple months ago -- got the SBs right away, didn't get charged, and it was super easy to cancel. I believe in the fine print I read when I signed up, it considers you a new customer if you haven't had an account in at least 2 years.