PDA

View Full Version : baby powder?

A.Fred
07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I know a lot of diaper rash creams can't be used with cloth..because it can cause repelling..what about baby powder? is that a nono?

Almacham
07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I think it would be fine. Just make sure to get real baby powder, not anything with talc in it. Talc is dangerous! We use Burts Bees powder and it works well and is all natural. :)

morganandevansmom
07-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I never had any problems with baby powder

sarahannecloud9
07-03-2011, 09:29 AM
We use it too. Like Sarah said, talc is dangerous if inhaled for lil ones.

smilewithme
07-03-2011, 09:30 AM
I like powder in small amounts for mine. Never had any trouble!

sarahannecloud9
07-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Talc is great for drying out rashes. You just have to be carefull not to let lo breath it in. That's all my mil uses on the boys. I prefur buttpaste with a fleece liner.

annie+1
07-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi all. I called my mom about a year ago because my my little one had horrible diaper rash. And she told me to try corn starch. I use this in our cloth diapers all the time and love it. Plus over night it took my little ones bleeding diaper rash down to nothing. I haven't used anything else since, no creams or other powders.

A.Fred
07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
is tricalcium phosphate talc..?

CntryMama
07-03-2011, 09:44 AM
is tricalcium phosphate talc..?

No, tricalcium phosphate is a type of salt. Talc is a mineral - magnesium. I personally would not use Talc since it has been proven to increase a persons risk of ovarian cancer (for girls). Even if you dont breath it in that stuff is bad! If only I could get DH to stop using it :yuck:

A.Fred
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
ok awesome! thanks! I think my baby powder is in the clear lol

sarahannecloud9
07-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi all. I called my mom about a year ago because my my little one had horrible diaper rash. And she told me to try corn starch. I use this in our cloth diapers all the time and love it. Plus over night it took my little ones bleeding diaper rash down to nothing. I haven't used anything else since, no creams or other powders.

I do have a bottle of this too. It is great. My mon too told me about it, lol.:thumbsup:

mummy2lolo
07-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Gold Bond Baby Powder is talc free and I like it.

FulHouse
07-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I think i will buy or make a baby powder using arrowroot. Talc is toxic and seriously to be avoided. And corn, as in cornstarch, is pretty bad too, because it's most likely GMO or GMO influenced corn. Cornstarch is a highly processed product and of course they will use the cheapest available, and that would be Frankenstein-corn. Lol. Not good to slip right into baby's bloodstream (Esp. For girls). There are some powders using arrowroot out there, and recipes. Sounds good.

BallerinaMom64
07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I have always used cornstarch powder and had no problems at all ;)

mummy2lolo
07-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I think i will buy or make a baby powder using arrowroot. Talc is toxic and seriously to be avoided. And corn, as in cornstarch, is pretty bad too, because it's most likely GMO or GMO influenced corn. Cornstarch is a highly processed product and of course they will use the cheapest available, and that would be Frankenstein-corn. Lol. Not good to slip right into baby's bloodstream (Esp. For girls). There are some powders using arrowroot out there, and recipes. Sounds good. I wanna try making my own as well too, there is calendula powder out there too. I wonder if this also would be good? If you try making your own powder let me know how it goes!

CntryMama
07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I think i will buy or make a baby powder using arrowroot. Talc is toxic and seriously to be avoided. And corn, as in cornstarch, is pretty bad too, because it's most likely GMO or GMO influenced corn. Cornstarch is a highly processed product and of course they will use the cheapest available, and that would be Frankenstein-corn. Lol. Not good to slip right into baby's bloodstream (Esp. For girls). There are some powders using arrowroot out there, and recipes. Sounds good.

I know!!! Does anyone start thinking crazy thoughts like no make up, only cotton clothes, no plastic dishes, all natural soaps, no microwaves,computers or electricity for that matter... I feel like I get way too OCD about this stuff :giggle2:

blessed22
07-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I know!!! Does anyone start thinking crazy thoughts like no make up, only cotton clothes, no plastic dishes, all natural soaps, no microwaves,computers or electricity for that matter... I feel like I get way too OCD about this stuff :giggle2:

LOL! Yes! Sometimes I have to stop myself from going overboard... and then I stop myself again and say "but am I REALLY going overboard?? or being safe?" Its a never ending cycle in my mind...

That being said....

I use the CVS version of Gold Bond's cornstarch baby powder at nearly every diaper change, never had any issues!