PDA

View Full Version : Ok fellow obsess-ers wwyd?

CrazyBoysMamma
07-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm really torn. I need a new seat for JJ soon, and DH will blow a gasket if I spend any money on it. I've been saving up amazon GC for a while for this exact purpose and I now have $155. I figure I have 3 options, none of which seem perfect. 1) I could go ahead and order a TF for $126 and have a bit left to start my savings for more boosters. The only downside is the 35 lb RF limit, and I'm not ok FF him before 4 due to his low tone and delays. He's tiny, 25 lbs at just shy of 2 1/2, but he tends to gain in massive spurts. 2) I could get him a roundabout 55 and be out like $7 for shipping and just tell DH while serving him a steak and a beer :giggle2: even though I'm not nearly as impressed with the new Roundabouts as the "70" seats.....or 3) Keep saving up for the Marathon 70 I really want and be stuck moving seats around all the time or sneaking a scenera home after a target run......although that one may get me in the doghouse.... What would you do?

luvsviola
07-21-2011, 07:32 AM
At that size/age, I would probably do the TrueFit. DD was 28 pounds at 2, and 34 pounds at 4. She just stopped gaining weight because she was so active.

The TrueFit is wider, so he'll have more room down the road, and has way more leg room than the Britax seats, so he'll be more comfy as a late 3/early 4 RFing in it.

Truckerswife
07-21-2011, 07:39 AM
i think i would go with the roundabout 55 and get that extra 5 pounds of RF he would RF in a ra55 the same amount of time as a ma70 and when he outgrows it ff you will have had plenty of time to save for a hwh ff seat

USMCgirl_05
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
at his weight I honestly wouldn't worry about the true fit weight limit, it's a great seat and he will be really comfortable rear facing in it!

aprilbeanxo
07-21-2011, 09:39 AM
at his weight i would absolutely do the true fit,hes pretty tiny and i doubt would gain 10 pounds any time soon,it will last you longer in the long run too,its much taller then the roundaboout

CrazyBoysMamma
07-21-2011, 11:45 AM
at his weight i would absolutely do the true fit,hes pretty tiny and i doubt would gain 10 pounds any time soon,it will last you longer in the long run too,its much taller then the roundaboout

I'm just paranoid because his weight gain patterns are cometely unpredictable. He'll stay at a weight or even loose small amounts for months and then BAM!!! gain 4 lbs in 2 weeks. And TBH I really want a new seat for my car and move the RA55 to DH's just cuz I love new seats so much.... there's no way a TF would fit in my car though....

CrazyBoysMamma
07-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, I just went for it. I found a TF recline for a whole dollar more than the regular, so I ordered it. Not a penny out of my pocket! I'll try to get pics when it gets here, but it's going in a 2 door car.

monica-m
07-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I think you will be pleased with the True Fit. I installed one RF in a Yaris a couple of weeks ago and it fit beautifully with plenty of room for a front passenger.

CrazyBoysMamma
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I think you will be pleased with the True Fit. I installed one RF in a Yaris a couple of weeks ago and it fit beautifully with plenty of room for a front passenger.

Oh, I know! I tested for my RF convertable install with a TF and a subaru! I know I :wub: them, I'm just afraid of weight gain and I'm selfish with wanting the newest seat in MY car!!!!:giggle2: Something tells me I won't get a TF, a Frontier 85, and ANY other seat in my Jetta! :roflmbo: