PDA

View Full Version : OWWWWW! Leg Cramp!

nannabean
07-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I've had some puny leg cramps lately where I tilt my toes up and massage them out, but.....
I haven't been drinking enough water and I've been sitting in a classroom for 10 hours the last two days so.....
Last night I woke up with a leg cramp that hurt so bad I jumped out of bed and could hardly breathe! It is still cramping 4 1/2 hours later! Owwwwww!

Ten
07-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Ow ow ow ow ow!

I had one of those about a week ago and it SUCKED!!!

:bighug:

SophiaMom1978
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I feel your pain....have been waking up often with leg cramps in BOTH calves at the same time. It's awful! Does drinking more water help ease those??

nannabean
07-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I feel your pain....have been waking up often with leg cramps in BOTH calves at the same time. It's awful! Does drinking more water help ease those??

Ugh! Both calves!
Some mamas swear by bananas, but water and exercise are what works for me.

p1gg1e
07-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Magnesium!

WoodSprite
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Magnesium!

This. I love the Mama Calm magnesium supplement.. works so well!

wimama
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I have always been prone to my calves cramping. It usually happens when I am laying down and decide to stretch my legs out and point my toes down. I do make sure I take a calcium and magnesium supplements because I am Lactose Intolerant and don't drink much milk.

In my experience, as much as it hurts, when you feel one coming on you have to bear weight on the leg, put your foot flat on the floor and walk it out. My dad taught me that when I had my first leg cramp in junior high. If you catch it before it gets really bad this works well. I jump out of bed and put weight on my leg when I feel one coming on. If I do that it is gone in a couple of seconds.