PDA

View Full Version : What about Mexican Detergents?

mummy2lolo
07-25-2011, 06:15 AM
I came across two Mexican detergents which are really basic. They are both packaged in plastic bags and are phosphate free & biodegradable.

They are:
1. Roma laundry detergent is phosphate-free and comes in a powdered formula. Listed ingredients are:

Cleaning Agent - Lineal Anionic Surfactant
Water Softener - Aluminosilicates and silicate
Soil Suspending Agent - C.M.C
Optical Brightener
Perfume

2. Blanca Nieves translates to Snow White laundry detergent. It is phosphate-free and comes in a powdered formula. It is safe for all washable fabrics. Listed ingredients are:

Cleaning Agent - Lineal Anionic Surfactant
Water Softener - Aluminosilicates and silicate
Soil Suspending Agent - C.M.C
Optical Brightener
Perfume

Has anyone else seen these or tried them? I am in the Caribbean so not sure if people can find these in the USA or not.

They seem basic and enzyme free. Are they worth a go?

Luvingmy4boys
07-25-2011, 06:21 AM
I have used Roma on clothes and loved it. It was great at removing tough stains. I also used another one called Foca which was good too. Walmart is the store that carries them here. I haven't used it on diapers because I have an HE machine and it doesn't say it's HE compatible. :( I haven't tried or seen the Blanca Nieves though.

I would try it and see if it works and doesn't irritate your baby's skin. Just make sure to rinse well and don't use too much. It does sud. Sorry I couldn't be of more help as far as diapers.

Heather8183
07-25-2011, 06:22 AM
*Usually* you want to look for something without brighteners or perfumes. However...Original Tide had both and worked wonders for lots of mamas! So...who knows! :giggle2: Maybe some other mamas with chime in and help out!

buggylovemama
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
I've used Roma, Foca, and even Ariel (Mexican version of Gain/Tide-love it) and found that they did sud alot. But, this is when I used to use an anciet top loader about 14 years ago. lol. They are pretty basic. I know that lot of my friends like Zote cubed or shredded into their laundry as well. I can find them anywhere here, since we live in South Texas and they are readily available. I would use these if they were HE compatible. I *think* Ariel has an ultra version for HE's? But, not sure.

mummy2lolo
07-25-2011, 08:06 AM
oh if they sud a lot then I guess they would be a PITA to rinse out so it doesn't sound like they would be good for CDs.

Thanks everyone!!

wmurillo410
07-25-2011, 08:17 AM
I wub FOCA and ARiel on clothes.

Sent from my HTC HD...my phone is to thank for typos. :)

L J
07-25-2011, 08:23 AM
My K-Mart has an awesome selection of Mexican detergents and I have been wondering about them, too. The ingredient list sounds harmless, and the price sure is right!

:popcorn: Looking forward to other replies. Its hard for me to stray from my Gain for normal clothes and All for future diapers.