PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best ring sling?

ukenosa
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I've read lots of posts about ring slings. There are just SO MANY OF THEM!!!

So, those of you who have tried many of them, who do you think makes the best on?

2LittleAngels
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
My understanding is that it varies by person and your preference for the shoulder style. I personally have a Sleeping Baby Productions and a Sakura Bloom RS, and I like both of them. I tried one other brand in the past (don't remember which) that I did not like. If you check out thebabywearer.com they have a whole forum just on ring slings that may be helpful to you.

corinne76
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I really like the pleated shoulder on the SLeeping Baby Productions ones. I have a Kalea RS and the shoulder is really wide and comfy. I like that one too

paxbaby
08-03-2011, 02:25 AM
All 3 of these are GREAT suggestions :)

ukenosa
08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Ahh, what I thought, no one perfect brand that out shines them all.

nuzzleme
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm a huge Sweet Pea Ring Sling fan!!

Liz1271
08-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm sending my wrap to Sleeping Baby Productions for a conversion...I love her shoulder.

MyPerfectLife
08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I ordered a linen ring sling from ObiMama on Etsy ... I have had a bunch of others in the past but something about the simplicity of hers (not cutesy prints, etc.) appealed. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It adjusts so easily, is so cool (as in, not warm), does not have too much stretch so it holds the older DD really well too, and she was AMAZING to work with!

idnar82
08-08-2011, 04:34 AM
I just got my first ring sling and ended up going with a Sleeping Baby Productions BBSlen Slingified Wrap. Not only is it gorgeous, but it is so comfortable and wonderful!! I use it daily with my 3 month old and am already wanting another one!! I LOVE it!

I also secretly want to try a Sakura Bloom...but that is just not in my budget right now.

keowilliams
08-08-2011, 04:45 AM
When I was trying to decide the brands that kept popping up were Sleeping Baby Productions (most frequently), Comfy Joey, and Sakura Bloom. I also checked out an Etsy maker, Babyette, that was recommended. I ultimately went with Sleeping Baby Productions both because of the numerous recommendations, and because they are very affordable. I ordered it Thursday and it arrived Saturday, so super fast turn around too. Looks great. I won't have a little one to try it out with for another 6 weeks, but so far I'm very happy.

,Kate

cjslater1
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Sakura Bloom for me. But if you want a good price Sleeping Baby Productions get alot of great reviews and they are about half the price.

LindyLouWho
08-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Sleeping Baby Productions!

runzbarrel
08-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Another SBP fan here! I got my first sling from her a few months ago (super fast turn around) and I really like it! It's soooo much faster than dealing with my Beco. Yesterday I wore 15mos DS in it for almost 4 hours!

Aleesh_Mom
08-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I have a comfy Joey mesh sling, Sakura bloom linen, a sbp linen, sbp stretch cotton, (and one more sbp heavier cotton woven that I haven't worn yet in this heat). I love and reach for my sb the most. It is super comfortable, a beautiful color, baby loves it, and it is very breathable. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it. It was well worth the money, and I would purchase another one!

thaisa47
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
SBP, hands down. Jan's work is incredible, and her shoulder is so comfy.

UnschoolingFamily
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a BabyEtte from Etsy and I love it!

2ndstory
08-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Maya Wrap Ring sling has been a favorite here. My husband will wear this sling in a neutral color.

ukenosa
08-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I have a comfy Joey mesh sling, Sakura bloom linen, a sbp linen, sbp stretch cotton, (and one more sbp heavier cotton woven that I haven't worn yet in this heat). I love and reach for my sb the most. It is super comfortable, a beautiful color, baby loves it, and it is very breathable. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it. It was well worth the money, and I would purchase another one!

You said "SB" so Sakura Bloom is your favorite? It is great to hear from someone who as tried lots. Any chance you've seen a Maya in real life?

Len27
08-10-2011, 07:47 AM
My kalea linen and SBP silk are my go-to slings around here. I had a Sakura Bloom and while it was beautiful, it wasn't the right shoulder for me. That being said, I think if I'd tried that first (my kalea was my first sling) I probably would have loved it, kwim? But if you are just getting into the world of slings I would look for something affordable, in linen, because to me that seems like a good middle point in terms of usability, support etc. I just bought a sling for an expecting friend who is new to babywearing and I went with a SBP slingified wrap that is soft and thin for a newborn, and hopefully an easy learning curve for mama!

paxbaby
08-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Unless it's a vintage Maya (unpadded) I don't love the shoulder when compared to SBP or Sakura Bloom ;)

twood80
08-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I also checked out an Etsy maker, Babyette, that was recommended.

I haven't tried buying one because my newborn is still objecting to being worn, but hers are gorgeous IMO!

imasupernova
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Sakura Bloom {linen} or SBP {Sleeping Baby Productions}

bluedaisyma
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I have a M.O.M design linen rs that I just got and love! She is doing them now for $35. It took less than a week for her to make and get it to me.

I have also tried a wrap conversion one that Jan did at SBP and loved it!

And I use my taylormade mesh rs when we go to the pool. Not in the pool bc he likes to swim, but to carry him there while I lug everything else in!

monkeybunns
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Swanky Baby Gear on Hyena Cart-love her!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...

sh0rtchica
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
i have 5 RS from different makers. my favorite is a linen blend made by Chic Tots. I stumbled on it in a local consignment shop this spring and it literally saved me this summer - I wear my newbie in it every day! it stays nice and low on the shoulder, rather than inching up on the neck like others i've tried.

here's a picture:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/cc6cfecd205ee5068cc9c95cbbeeb3d1.jpg (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/cc6cfecd205ee5068cc9c95cbbeeb3d1.jpg)

eragsdale
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I like Taylor Made.

NewMommy6111
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
shinystardesigns.com

I know this mama & she truly cares about the safety of babies in slings

ukenosa
08-12-2011, 12:25 PM
i have 5 RS from different makers. my favorite is a linen blend made by Chic Tots. I stumbled on it in a local consignment shop this spring and it literally saved me this summer - I wear my newbie in it every day! it stays nice and low on the shoulder, rather than inching up on the neck like others i've tried.

here's a picture:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/cc6cfecd205ee5068cc9c95cbbeeb3d1.jpg (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/cc6cfecd205ee5068cc9c95cbbeeb3d1.jpg)

I love the picture!