PDA

View Full Version : **pixMy almost 3yr old keeps telling me there are two babies

Sherrie87
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
so my son is driving me nuts...lol he keeps telling me there is two babies in my belly. I have twins in my family so i totaly wouldn't be shocked. after he told me the first time i laughed it off and told him no only one baby, and he has said it atleast 10 times if not more like 15 times.

I hoped on line about thr 5 ot 6th time he said it and i was reading that if you have twins in your family your chances are higher, and with EACH pregangcy you chances get higher...i hope that little terd doesn't no something i dont no ..lol

anyone else been told they are having twins or a boy or girl by one of you younger kiddoes????

Sherrie87
08-09-2011, 01:53 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226164_261746377171001_100000069224967_1087340_791 6044_n.jpg

8 weeks and one or two days

JKLmama
08-09-2011, 07:00 AM
My son was almost 3 when we found out we were pregnant... We didn't know it was twins but he would always kiss my belly twice we found out shortly after that it was twins. then He said it was a girl baby and a boy baby and he was right...

This time he says only 1 baby and that its a girl I believe him lol

4kids4me
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
My ds told me when I was pregnant the last time. He said it was a girl. One day he told me she was going to be born in 100 days. My due date was 11/19 and that put his date for 11/24. 11/19 came and went. I spontaneously went into labor on 11/24 and she was born that evening. Freaky!

He hasn't said anything about this one yet.

songbird516
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM
do you have fraternal or identical twins in your family? Fraternal twins can run in families, but identical do not. My mother had two sets of identical twins (I'm one of them), and people tell me CONSTANTLY that I'm going to have twins! I didn't hear the end of it last time until she was born.
That said, you do look like more than 8 weeks to me, so anything is possible :)

m&m&m
08-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I knew when I was a child that my mom was having a boy with her last pregnancy. :)

Sherrie87
08-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I belive my aunt had identical twins, but i have twins in my family alllll the way back as far as my grand mother could remember, but they nomally skip a generation, witch means my kids should have twins..lol but my luck it would happen to me..lol

I just hope my OBGYN doesn't freak when i walk in and only think i'm 10-11 weeks along and look like i'm 5 or 6 months..lol i guess i will get an early sono..giggle

m&m&m
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
was your stomach pretty flat before pregnancy? cuz to be honest, I thought I was showing a lot early but you are showing WAY more than me.

Sherrie87
08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
well it wasn't flat flat i had the baby pouch we all learn to love..giggle this is my third pregnancy, and i showed a little bit early with my first son, but i was only 15 and was a skinny minny, you know the ones you want to throw stuff at..lol and i gained over 80 lbs but i also had him 6 weeks early due to pre eclampsia.how ever it is spelt. my second was a normal pregnacy nothing ab normal at all. He was 3 weeks early and came by him self and both boys were healthy as can be thank goodness!!

I was all baby with my second and i was big, but i look huge anyways cause i'm only 4'11 but this is just crazy. I think i'm gonna call my OBGYN and see if they can get me in early, atleast to help with me loosing weight and can't eat anything with out it coming back up..it is just insaine

ajbailey89
08-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm a nanny and when I was pregnant with DD, the boy that I've been watching for 3 years told me that it was a girl (he was almost 2 when she was born).

This time (he's 3), up until I actually found out I was pregnant, he told me, "I want you to have a boy." Then when I told him (I told him before anyone else as he was here when I took the test), he said, "YAY! Another girl like Eva!" And everytime I ask him, he says, "it's a girl." He even told his older brother, "I know that we both want a boy, but April's going to have another girl." I hope he's right :D

kcprochazka
08-10-2011, 06:26 AM
At 8 weeks even if you were showing more due to twins it wouldn't be from babies since they are too small to really be making you measure further ahead. For instance, with the girls and boys at 8 weeks I could just feel my uterus over my pubic bone, which usually doesn't happen until 12 weeks. So I was measuring ahead, but not months ahead until 6+ months. You probably wouldn't notice the extra weeks this early unless you were a dr palpating the uterus for dating purposes.

And fraternal twins really don't skip a generation - that's an old wives tale. And your aunt having ID twins wouldn't make you at a higher risk for twins since ID twins are a fluke and nothing hereditary. We have no twins in our family at all, yet have had 3 back to back twin pregnancies (this last one was VTS) including 2 sets of fraternals and a set of ID. So it just goes to show that family history doesn't always make a difference.

songbird516
08-10-2011, 07:41 AM
At 8 weeks even if you were showing more due to twins it wouldn't be from babies since they are too small to really be making you measure further ahead. For instance, with the girls and boys at 8 weeks I could just feel my uterus over my pubic bone, which usually doesn't happen until 12 weeks. So I was measuring ahead, but not months ahead until 6+ months. You probably wouldn't notice the extra weeks this early unless you were a dr palpating the uterus for dating purposes.

And fraternal twins really don't skip a generation - that's an old wives tale. And your aunt having ID twins wouldn't make you at a higher risk for twins since ID twins are a fluke and nothing hereditary. We have no twins in our family at all, yet have had 3 back to back twin pregnancies (this last one was VTS) including 2 sets of fraternals and a set of ID. So it just goes to show that family history doesn't always make a difference.

3 twin pregnancies! That is crazy! My mother had 2 in a row, then my brother, and decided no more kids, because she had really difficult pregnancies, even with a singleton.

mommie2avery
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I know a set of fraternal girl twins who had fraternal b/g twins. I had fraternal b/g twins and the only twins are my aunts fraternal g/g and then my cousin on my dads side which has nothing to do with fraternal twins with me (different sides of the family) was pregnant with b/b fraternal twins at the same time as me.. she had them early but we were due a week apart.... soo...... all that rambling means you never know and you do look bigger than 8 weeks! I had to start wearing maternity with the twins at about 6 weeks because nothing fit. I'll try to find a pic later.

Sherrie87
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
thanks for replying ladies!!

I have been searching pix of twin bellys...giggle, i dont so much think the top of my belly is cause i'm prego i think it is cause my lower belly is sticking out so much, witch is crazy..i can feel my uterus about 4 or 5 inches over my pelvix bone, i would love twins..lol but man oh man i just hope i'm farther along than i think, or i'm just showing WAY early for some reason, my mother said she showed early with her number 2 and 3, and i showed somewhat early with my first, and early with my 2nd so maybe its cause this is number three and my uterus isn't as tight anymore..lol i'm just sooo ready for this morning sickness to be SOOOO over with

peacefulj
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I am preggo with number 5 with my oldest a 5 yo adn a 12 lber which stretched me out like twins, and just had a baby 4 mo ago so no time to get the tummy back in...and boy am I showing sooner!! And yes I've thought twins although I know it is just me sticking out....lol! I am 11 weeks, feeling my uterus very well at this point, and I look as big as I did when I was six months along with my fourth. Keep telling myself it is bloat...:)

sbdf13
08-14-2011, 09:01 PM

:yeahthat:
DDC I'm due in Feb and have had 2 friends kids tell me its 2 babies. I don't plan on any ultrasounds but we only found one heartbeat. Im measuring just above my pubic bone but my midwife said it was to early to tell if it was just one :nervous:

MyKzooFamily
08-18-2011, 07:28 AM
There is something about kids where they know.

I don't think measuring big has anything to do with it. I know a few twin mama's who measured smaller with twins for a while then they did with their singletons. But you never know.

I'm getting a scan early because after 3 singleton pregnancies, I got a BFP a week earlier then I was ever able to with any of the others. So it's either twins or a boy. I get higher HCG levels with the boys. :)