PDA

View Full Version : Funny & Sweet Pregnancy Stories

SeaChellsRun
08-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Thought this would be an uplifting thread to have separate from the dailies, so we can have a place to share some of our joyful pregnancy moments...

We haven't told DD that she's not going to be our one and only yet. Today.... She came up to me, pointed to my belly and said "baby in there" and she was very insistent. Guess I don't need to take anymore tests since she's the authority!

But right after that.... She held her belly and said "baby in here".

This is my favorite personal pregnancy story so far...

I was working at the computer and DD (who is 2) was playing and she was saying "it's coming, it's coming". I asked her what's coming and look over to see that she had taken off her pants and was squatting with her back against the wall and looking between her legs. She responded very calmly "Baby, baby coming".

VWgurl619
08-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Awww :goodvibes: Too cute mama!

Computermama
08-23-2011, 06:50 AM
DD keeps asking when she can have a baby in her belly. My SIL just had a baby so the idea is not unknown to her.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
08-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Cute...we still have not told anyone, so just DH and I know about it. I can't wait to tell DD, but she will so tell everyone.

SeaChellsRun
08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Cute...we still have not told anyone, so just DH and I know about it. I can't wait to tell DD, but she will so tell everyone.

I'm debating on when to tell DD. She's 2.5 and she's welcome at the birth so I will be getting books etc to include her. But 8 months just seems like such a long time for her to have to wait.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
08-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I think we will tell her in a few weeks when we are ready to start telling everyone else. I don't think that I could hold off telling her for another 8 months.

Computermama
08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
DD asked me today if the baby was wearing clothes in my belly. I told her no, but she says that she thinks there's a drawer in there for baby (presumably for the clothes).

SeaChellsRun
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
DD asked me today if the baby was wearing clothes in my belly. I told her no, but she says that she thinks there's a drawer in there for baby (presumably for the clothes).

Love it!

susie190
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Ds also pointed at my belly and said "baby in there" then he asked of the baby needed milks (what we can breast milk). :). We have told him that mommy has a baby in her stomach. But his best friend's mom is 8 moths along so he has a clue about it.

Amers78
08-23-2011, 08:27 PM
We have told our kids about the baby. Our older two ages 10 and 9 are excited about it. DS (9) was the first to find out and we let him tell his big sister so it was pretty fun. Our 3.5yo is doing well with it although he can not figure out why the baby is not here yet. The first question asked every morning is mommy is the baby going to come today?

VWgurl619
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
I told my dd, who just turned 2 that mommy has a baby in her belly, so she lifts up my shirt and says "hit baby" and hits my belly..... Thanks madilyn. Good signs to come.... How reassuring :giggle:

SeaChellsRun
08-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I told my dd, who just turned 2 that mommy has a baby in her belly, so she lifts up my shirt and says "hit baby" and hits my belly..... Thanks madilyn. Good signs to come.... How reassuring :giggle:

:giggle:

CaliRoll
08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
DS is 4.5yo and we told him last week. I'm nauseous all.the.time now and he asks if its because of the baby. Yesterday when I picked him up from my mom's, he said, in a very serious way, "Are you ok? Don't worry. We are going home and you can get in Mama and Daddy's bed and feel better."

blueone
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
DS is 4.5yo and we told him last week. I'm nauseous all.the.time now and he asks if its because of the baby. Yesterday when I picked him up from my mom's, he said, in a very serious way, "Are you ok? Don't worry. We are going home and you can get in Mama and Daddy's bed and feel better."

Awe, that's sweet and cute!

Treasures From Elf
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
We told mine Sunday and were forced to tell everyone under the sun on Wednesday because my 7 year old was going around telling everyone that I'm pregnant.

But at dinner last night, (our church has a fundraiser dinner every week) he was asking "How big is the baby?" "Why does the baby need water?" "Can the baby drink sweet tea?" "When can the baby have sweet tea?"

*insert big sigh and me finally telling him to stop asking me questions so I can feed the baby*