PDA

View Full Version : Just came out on facebook, but not really

tryin
09-03-2011, 02:51 AM
LOL! Have you received the message for ladies only on Facebook?

According to the rules, I'm 8wks, which, technically, I am. So, I was able to post that as my status. Let's see how well that goes over with family and friends. I'm not telling anyone for real yet, (except my boss). It feels so good to "announce" it, but not really.

moonlightblonde
09-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Cute, it is wrong week wise for me, lol.

SeaChellsRun
09-03-2011, 10:54 AM
No I haven't received the message, guess I'm out of the loop. Supposed to post FB status of how far along? I'm not up for that just yet. My close friends and family know, but I don't share much except giveaways on FB.

moonlightblonde
09-03-2011, 12:10 PM
No I haven't received the message, guess I'm out of the loop. Supposed to post FB status of how far along? I'm not up for that just yet. My close friends and family know, but I don't share much except giveaways on FB.

This is it!

My facebook status Ok PRETTY LADIES..
It's that time of year again in support of Breast Cancer Awareness!
Remember last year so many people took part that it made national news and the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!
DO NOT tell any males what the status' mean, keep them guessing And please Broadcast this to all ur female friends to see if we can make a bigger fuss this year than last year
The idea is to choose the month You were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the girls only and lets see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went round the world.
So you'll write... I'm (your birth month) weeks and I'm craving (your birth date) !!! as your status
Example: Feb 14th= I'm 2 weeks and craving Choclolate mints!!
January-1week
Febuary-2weeks
March-3weeks
April-4weeks
May-6weeks
June-8weeks
July-10weeks
August-12weeks
September-13weeks
October-14weeks
November-16weeks
December-18weeks
Days of the month:
1- Skittles
2- Starburst
3- Kit-Kat
4- M&M's
5- Tomatoes
6- Ice Cream
7- Dairy Milk
8- Lollipop
9- Peanut Butter Cups
10- Meat Balls
11- Twizzlers
12- Bubble Gum
13- Hershey's Kisses
14- Chocolate Mints
15- Twix
16- Cheese
17- Fudge
18- Cherry Jello
19- Banana's
20- Pickels
21- Chicken Wings
22- Skittles
23- Gummy Bears
24- Gummy Worms
25- Strawberry Pop Tarts
26- Starburst
27- Mini Eggs
28- Kit-Kat Chunkie
29- Double Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies
30- Smarties
31- Chocolate Cake

moonlightblonde
09-03-2011, 12:12 PM
By this I should be 10wks and craving starburst - I think there are better ways of promoting breast cancer awareness than this so I didn't copy and paste it.

tryin
09-03-2011, 02:06 PM
By this I should be 10wks and craving starburst - I think there are better ways of promoting breast cancer awareness than this so I didn't copy and paste it.

I do strongly agree, I just couldn't resist making the "announcement".

Amers78
09-03-2011, 03:28 PM
My 15yo neice posted this the other day and about broke my heart for a few seconds. It was the first time I had seen the post and it stopped me dead in my tacks. So I promptly txted my other neice and she told me it was another chain thing in FB as a ton of her friends had similar posts. LOL now we are laughing about it. However it would be a good way to come out with out really telling anyone. I have had one friend post a pic of the 6 pregnant woman that were at her baby shower a few weeks ago. I was among the 6 but no one picked up on it yet.

Treasures From Elf
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
According to that I'd be 8 weeks and craving lollipops which I'm closer to six weeks and I'm craving pickles not lollipops

benoliviaallen
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
My 15yo neice posted this the other day and about broke my heart for a few seconds. It was the first time I had seen the post and it stopped me dead in my tacks. So I promptly txted my other neice and she told me it was another chain thing in FB as a ton of her friends had similar posts. LOL now we are laughing about it. However it would be a good way to come out with out really telling anyone. I have had one friend post a pic of the 6 pregnant woman that were at her baby shower a few weeks ago. I was among the 6 but no one picked up on it yet.

I thought the same thing when I saw my 17 year old sister post that she was ten weeks and craving gummy bears. I burst into tears and called my mom! I already had a plan to beat up my sisters dweeby little boyfriend :blush:

Leiiki
09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Agreed. I am getting SO sick of these - I've gotten three *different* official support status instructions in the past month alone, along with the annoying plethora of "90% of people won't repost this heartwrenching story about abuse/drug addiction/kleptomania/worm rights" statuses.

I do think it's a cute way to "fake" announce when you aren't ready to do the big reveal yet :)

Amers78
09-03-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw my 17 year old sister post that she was ten weeks and craving gummy bears. I burst into tears and called my mom! I already had a plan to beat up my sisters dweeby little boyfriend :blush:

So glad I was not the only one to fall into that heart sinking trap. Hugs girl Happy for us both that it was just another FB thing.

chayla
09-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I got this yesterday, I was thiinking about posting it but decided not to. I have 2 friends on FB that know and I wouldn't want them to say anything for real. Plus, I definately am NOT craving bananas, yuck!

blueone
09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
I know someone that did this and was confused for a moment because she was much older. I figured it was some sort of breast cancer type thing.

It's a fun way to come out but yet not come out if it's true. But according to this I'd be 11 weeks and craving twizzlers. I can't even eat those, they have gluten in them...so sad.

3wyobabes
09-04-2011, 01:19 PM
We haven't even told my parents yet (Tuesday when they get back from the lake) so I didn't want to start something. And yeah... didn't want any smart @$$ comments before we share our real happy news.

I borrowed this from a friend and posted it instead :D

I'm NOT going to fake a pregnancy, post my bra color, my shoe size, or where I keep my purse, in a vague and ineffective attempt to raise breast cancer awareness. What I WILL do is say that women who breastfeed greatly reduce the risk of breast cancer for themselves AND their child, and if anyone needs some support, help, and love in that area, you can always talk to me. Now THAT is what I call a helpful status about boobs \ ( . )( . ) / - Woman Uncensored

OnAnnaTime
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Thank you for posting the "instructions" I couldn't figure out wtf determined the weeks and cravings! Mine would be 8 weeks and craving meatballs.. and damn if that isn't accurate! :P

Tashak
09-05-2011, 11:15 PM
According to that I'd be 8 weeks and craving lollipops which I'm closer to six weeks and I'm craving pickles not lollipops

Hey, we have the same birthday!

I refuse to do this though, as someone who struggled with infertility for 11 years and have had a few losses it breaks my heart.

ahenson
09-05-2011, 11:48 PM
So glad I was not the only one to fall into that heart sinking trap. Hugs girl Happy for us both that it was just another FB thing.

ME too! I saw it on one of my friends and was like whaaat? LOL. But she commented after several people asked if she was preggo and explained it was a FB cancer thing.

tryin
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey, we have the same birthday!

I refuse to do this though, as someone who struggled with infertility for 11 years and have had a few losses it breaks my heart.

This. I thought about how this excludes women who are infertile or who have a history of loss from participating in the promotion of Breast Cancer Awareness. I know a couple of years ago, I would have taken that email a totally different way. It probably would have brought me to tears and anger. And now, I'm one of those "insensitive" people.

Br2me
09-07-2011, 07:24 AM
We haven't even told my parents yet (Tuesday when they get back from the lake) so I didn't want to start something. And yeah... didn't want any smart @$$ comments before we share our real happy news.

I'm NOT going to fake a pregnancy, post my bra color, my shoe size, or where I keep my purse, in a vague and ineffective attempt to raise breast cancer awareness. What I WILL do is say that women who breastfeed greatly reduce the risk of breast cancer for themselves AND their child, and if anyone needs some support, help, and love in that area, you can always talk to me. Now THAT is what I call a helpful status about boobs \ ( . )( . ) / - Woman Uncensored

I think I will use this one!!! It's cute to me!! Thanks for sharing!

ashayla&acensmom
09-08-2011, 02:32 PM

I agree with you completely! Not only is August Breast Cancer awareness month, it is also Infant loss awareness month. My Aynt is battling Breast cancer for the second time (and is quite ill right now) and my sister had a still born daughter on October of last year. I couldnt post this, personally. The bra thing last year made more sense.

ashayla&acensmom
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM

I am sooo craving pickles too! That started before I found out I was pregnant again.. I ate 3 one night and realized something was up... lol :giggle:

tryin
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree with you completely! Not only is August Breast Cancer awareness month, it is also Infant loss awareness month. My Aynt is battling Breast cancer for the second time (and is quite ill right now) and my sister had a still born daughter on October of last year. I couldnt post this, personally. The bra thing last year made more sense.

I thought infant loss awareness was October. Sorry for your family's loss.

ashayla&acensmom
09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought infant loss awareness was October. Sorry for your family's loss.

Yes, I meant to type October, not August :blush: My brain is mush... too many children taking my smarts away lol. Thank you for your kind words... it is both a blessing to be expecting as well as scary with our recent loss. It is also hard to see how my sister is reacting to my pregnancy :hugs:

susie190
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM

That is exactly what I did too.

imjustjessa
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, according to this, I'm 3wks and craving Hershey's Kisses!