PDA

View Full Version : Team Green?

MauceliMommy
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
So I am not having any ultrasounds with this pregnancy, unless the midwife deems one necessary for some reason, and we have decided to wait until the birth to learn the gender of this child. So I guess that means we are on team green? But does anyone know why it was termed such? Is it simply because green is a neutral color or what?

Harmony96
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I guess so, lol. Green is the "fourth" primary color (think about it... everywhere that there's a four-pack of colors, like board games or whatnot, it's red, blue, yellow and green). I don't know why "Team Yellow" didn't take off...maybe b/c it's two syllables? :giggle: anyway I'm on Team Green here, too. :)

MyKzooFamily
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I was really thinking that I would also be joining "Team Green", but I really like to preplan. Since we won't find out until November, I won't have the summer rummage or garage sales to pick up clothes at. So I'm stuck trying to find deals on ebay and on craigslist, and possibly some in the thrift stores and second-hand stores. So I'm going to find out at our 20 week ultrasound.

We WON'T be telling family, though, until we have the baby. I was really annoyed with how much 'junk' we got from family in their attempts to 'help' us have stuff. We said we appreciated it, but we didn't want anything. I ended up getting 12 mos. overalls and winter items for my son that wasn't even born yet. Not only did I NOT want to store it that long, but I'm glad I didn't.. because he was in 12 month items in the middle of the summer!!

So we will be "Team Green" to our family, but I will secretly know. I think if DH can keep a secret...... he will know too. So we will see. :)

LnZsmomma
09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
team green here too!

bezark
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't know how you mamas do it. I'm *dying* to know what kind of parts this baby is packing.

Squeaky McMurdo
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
...because you get mostly yellow and green stuff and green rhymes better than yellow?:giggle:

My second guess would be that more people claim green to be their favourite colour, so that's the one that stuck.

And as for the planning...I have a special outfit for either gender on hand for first pictures and now that I have 2 girls I have a ton of girl stuff and got a few boyish outfits in case this one's a boy (and if not, my 3 year old has a newborn-size doll that's a boy who can wear the stuff) to tide us over until my mom FLOODS us with clothes again.

And all my big items match my furniture or the car so gender doesn't matter for them.

magoose
09-07-2011, 07:10 AM
We're team green here too. We were with DS and will be for this babe too. I'm a super planner, major control freak, major OCD type person, but for some reason, we don't need to know the gender to "plan" what to do for this baby. I never understand why people say, "I'm a planner, I NEEED to know". Just because I don't know the gender of my baby doesn't mean I'm not planning anything! All our baby gear is gender neutral, along with the nursery. We have lots of yellow and green clothes in newborn and smaller sizes and once people find out the gender, they buy lots of stuff in either blue or pink. I'm still fully prepared for a boy or a girl and don't need to know what we're having ahead of time. I like the suprise of not knowing.

MauceliMommy
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I agree, and i really like that moment, at birth, before you check between the legs and just get to enjoy your baby w/o gender. Some parents are even choosing to raise their children w/o gender, because really it is something a person defines for him or her self, not as cut and dry and predetermined as genitalia. Everything I'm buying is gender neutral, but I do have a little collection of Plum/purple going on, strangely this is my favorite gender neutral color. I guess I'm sick of yellow and green. =)

CuriousElephant
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I love Team Green!

gruverschick
09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
I so wanted to be team green this time! I have one if each and thought it would be a fun surprise at birth. Unfortunately my 3 year old DD is very insistent that this is a girl baby. For her sake (and to hopefully head off a little drama) we are going to find out again.

wyoming butterfly
09-10-2011, 01:07 AM
We will be team green too. Was with the other two also. Both kiddos keep referring to the baby as a girl and this pregnancy is more like my first, a girl, so we will see.

MyKzooFamily
09-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't know how you mamas do it. I'm *dying* to know what kind of parts this baby is packing.

ROFL!

ommelissa
09-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Team green here! I found out with my 2nd baby, and it was a very anticlimactic experience for me to find out in a cold clinical setting. I was down about it for a few weeks.
I love the moment of finding out at birth. And while it is so unlikely to be disappointed by either gender when you find out at birth, I know a lot of people who experience disappointment when they find out with a U/S...especially daddies that were hoping for a boy and find out it's a girl.

CountryChicMama
09-11-2011, 12:56 PM

LOL! We were team green with the last babe, so we're finding out this time.

songbird516
09-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I would like to find out at birth, but my husband says no. I guess it will give me some time to pack up stuff for the spring consignment sale if it's a boy...