PDA

View Full Version : Look at this pile!

moonlightblonde
09-16-2011, 01:39 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/devilschyld/IMAG0533.jpg

Yay for removing TONS of stuff!

Right now I am trying to unload my 'collection' of Anne Gedde dolls anywhere but here, lol - turns out I have SIXTEEN of the things!

I also brought a big stack of clothing to the consignment store and threw some other things on kijiji, if they don't sell by the end of the weekend they will be donations.

Also, wwyd? For pretty much every holiday my parents have bought dd stupid singing dancing stuffed animals - we have TONS, I feel bad getting rid of them but don't want to keep them:banghead: Trying to decide if it is better to just return them to my dad and let HIM store them or should I just donate and not say anything?

doodah
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM
If you have a lot of new/unused toys, you could donate to a shelter, church nursery or children's hospital. I would not keep them just so you don't hurt grandpas feelings.
good job cleaning house!

nada87
09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Way to go!!
If it were me I would get rid of the singing dancing toys. Those things are annoying. But I'm not a very sentimental person.

eljube112
09-16-2011, 02:21 PM
wtg!!

I'd also donate/toss the dancing animals.

moonlightblonde
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
It really helped that this morning I dropped dd off at a friends house so I could do that in peace & her house is exactly what I don't want. I had never been inside before, she is usually here or we go to playgroup together as well. It was COMPLETELY overrun with junk. It is a beautiful house and was 'clean' but there were so many toys everywhere that *I* was overwhelmed.

I emptied out my entire dresses/closet and TWO full garbage bags of MY clothing that was in the attic.

I got it down to 3 pairs of jeans, 2 I rotate between daily and a pair of skinny dark jeans, and two pairs of dress pants. I kept two black sweaters, a couple of tank tops and a few shirts that can dress up/down. I kept a couple t-shirts for pj's/work and a couple comfy pants and two outfits that I wear to the gym. I also kept a skirt & 3-4 dresses that I wore daily in the summer as well as one pair of shorts. Definitely an improvement.

The maternity clothes were hard to narrow down since I don't know what fits/is comfy yet - though I did get rid of about half.

I am excited for Monday when I get to tackle dd's drawers/closet/hopefully even the baby stuff filling the attic. I will be bringing what I can fit in my car to playgroup at a church on Tuesday and whatever the people I go with don't take (most are low income) will go to people in need at the church. Hopefully I can keep dd away from it.