PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Babies Weekly Chat-Karie Anne you're up

chayla
10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Ladies!!!

I know Karie Anne isn't due until the 2nd week or so in April but from those that responded she's up next :mrgreen:

So, I told my friend we are having another (it was at her wedding that we decided to have one more). She is so excited for us and she said they are trying :lostit::lostit: She even said there is a possibility that she's preggo now, woohoo!!!! She wants babies so bad but didn't get married until this past July. She just turned 34 and she doesn't want to have babies much past 35 :( I hope they get this baby f.a.s.t!!!!

Also, on the topic of names. DH came home the other day and said he found a girls name. Fabulous, I thought he was just set on a boy name and that was that. We had a hard time naming DD. I like the name he 'found' but I know someone that has a daughter the same name. Does that make it an automatic no? I don't even know her IRL, it's thru a local forum. I have known her for a long time, the kids would be 2 1/2 years apart. What do you think?

Happy Tuesday!!! It;s nice here but we are under a winter storm warning. My kids are on fall break so I am taking them to an indoor trampoline place then dropping the boys at my moms house to spend the night (DH doesn't get home until after 830 tonight) so DD and I will bake and hang out this afternoon/evening. I love, love, love when my kids are out of school. I am in the crazy minority of most parents I know. We are a much happier family when we aren't running around crazy to school so early

What are you doing????

TS8213
10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I like the name he 'found' but I know someone that has a daughter the same name. Does that make it an automatic no? I don't even know her IRL, it's thru a local forum. I have known her for a long time, the kids would be 2 1/2 years apart. What do you think?

I wouldn't disqualify it but it'd be something to think about. I'd say that since it's not someone you know irl or hang out with regularly, it'd be OK.

I bought the infant carseat today! It's the only real necessity needed since clothes, dipes, etc can all be bought last minute. As you can see, I'm a planner. Not so sure I'll be able to hold out for team green until April!

Karie Anne - where would you go on a kid-free vacation?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

SeaChellsRun
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Chayla -- Not sure what IRL means, it sounds like you aren't friends in person? If you were long time friends in the same play group circle, that may be an issue but really if you're friends in a forum or even distant friends I would think she would see it as more of a complement than you're stealing the name. kwim? You could always ask :)

The only thing I've bought for baby so far is some baby legs I found at the 99 cent store. We're going to be getting DD a new carseat, like the britax frontier, and this LO will have the 'old' seat. It's an expensive seat, the britax marathon and there's no reason to replace it. Plus DD is super tall, she's 2 and wears 4/5T clothing so come 6 months from now she'll be ready for an upgrade. I can't believe my little baby girl is growing so fast.

Last night DD and I were talking about babies and she was talking about the baby coming out and wrapping it in blankets. I asked her if she wants to be there when the baby comes out and she said.... "yes I help. Wear gloves." I can't believe how much she pays attention to the birthing videos. I guess she plans on catching!! :giggle2:

blueone
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Karie Anne: If you had 3 or more hours of spare time, what would you do?

I finally got to see my OB for the first time yesterday and she is so nice! We discussed my fear of the local hospital and it seems that it's only the ER that's really bad and otherwise, it's more of the doctors that you deal with and since I'd be dealing with her or the other OB, I'd be totally fine with it. No ultrasound, but the baby's heart rate was 180! We'll get to have an ultrasound in 5 weeks! I can't wait.

Out of curiosity, would any of you move over 36 weeks pregnant or right after the baby was born? There's a small chance my hubby will be starting a new training for 3 months this coming year and while I hope the move is before April, I'm not sure what I would do if it was in April or right after the baby was born. I'm scared that it will turn out before the baby is born and I will be forced to decide on whether or not I'll wait for him here since I'd be so pregnant, or to move with him, figure out who would watch our DS while I'm in labor, find a new doctor, etc. It would be too much in a way...

LnzsOut
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Karie Anne: What is your favorite way to indulge while pregnant? Food or otherwise :)

Chayla: When we were growing up, my mom always wanted us at home with her! I heard about that winter storm warning out your way. My brother and his family live in Denver. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm a little jealous... I actually love the snow - it makes me feel all giddy and like a kid again. I worked at a ski resort out there one winter and it was the best winter ever!!

SeaChells: I think that 2 year olds are amazing! They still seem so young (well, they ARE), but they catch on to so much all on their own. 3-4 weeks ago, DS and I were in the car talking about the new baby. He said, "Mommy's tummy going to get bigger and BIGger and BIGGER! HOLY COW!" It still makes me laugh, and have no idea how he even knows that my tummy is going to grow or how he knew to say "holy cow!". I bet your DD will make a great birthing partner :)

Blueone: That's a tough one... It would be really hard to move at 36+ weeks pregnant, but it might be easier than taking on a newborn alone with another little one at home! How much notice will you have before you know if your DH has to go to training? Will you know exactly where he'll be going? Maybe you can plan ahead a little and make some contacts with a doctor, etc. Do you have any friends/family that could come stay with you to watch DS during that time? I hope everything works out.

As for me, today I KNOW I'm pregnant. I had to go to school today, and everyone just stank! LOL! The people on the shuttle smelled bad, the hallways were smelly, the bathroom certainly was unpleasant to say the least, and even when I went into my classrooms, I was hit with the smell of yuck. My pants are getting too tight and all of my shirts show my not-so-much-pregnant but more bloated-looking tummy. Also, the grapes I ate earlier gave me heartburn briefly. Last but not least, this baby has been fluttering up a storm today!!! It's been a good day :)

blueone
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Blueone: That's a tough one... It would be really hard to move at 36+ weeks pregnant, but it might be easier than taking on a newborn alone with another little one at home! How much notice will you have before you know if your DH has to go to training? Will you know exactly where he'll be going? Maybe you can plan ahead a little and make some contacts with a doctor, etc. Do you have any friends/family that could come stay with you to watch DS during that time? I hope everything works out.

As for me, today I KNOW I'm pregnant. I had to go to school today, and everyone just stank! LOL! The people on the shuttle smelled bad, the hallways were smelly, the bathroom certainly was unpleasant to say the least, and even when I went into my classrooms, I was hit with the smell of yuck. My pants are getting too tight and all of my shirts show my not-so-much-pregnant but more bloated-looking tummy. Also, the grapes I ate earlier gave me heartburn briefly. Last but not least, this baby has been fluttering up a storm today!!! It's been a good day :)

Well, his move wouldn't be permanent, it would only be 3 months. At which point we'd pack up again and move again to wherever they station us, so I'd likely just stay where we are now until DH ended his training and we moved again. We don't know where it will be at this point and I don't think my parents or any of my friends would be able to come and stay with us before the baby is born unless my mom could take off an extended leave at the job she just recently started. I know my mom and dad will be coming out after the baby is born and that my mom will be out for 2 weeks (my dad has to go back sooner, he runs his own practice, he's a psychologist).

I know out here I have church family that can help, my aunt lives 4 hours away and I bet she would come help as well. I also have friends in the area. So yeah, it's a huge leap in a way...I'm nervous about it and just don't know if I would do it when it could be when I'm 36+ weeks, it could happen sooner or a few weeks after the baby is born though, I do hope that.

So exciting about feeling flutters though, huh! I love feeling more pregnant and all.

chayla
10-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Question for Karie Anne- What is the one kitchen appliance you can't live without?

Seachells-I love that age. The way kids explain their world is amazing

Blueone-I would plan to stay if it were me. If it were in the next few months, then I may go but since it's only temporary it wouldn't make me comfortable. Also, as far as I know, it's really hard to get a doc to see you/take over care after a certain point.

Lindsay-I hate when the smells get like that, blah

So, for the name thing. I think I will throw it out there in the group, see what people say there and see if she responds. It's not like it's a for sure thing but I really like the name.

ashayla&acensmom
10-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Yay! This made my morning a little better :) Still a bit bothered by my "discussion" with my sister yesterday. I was awake for a couple of hours in the middle night, thinking about that and baked potatoes lol.
Anyway, I will answer the questions that are up here so far!

Where would I go on a kid-free vacation?
Good question, because I have NEVER been on a kid free vacation (since I had kids), not even a honeymoon! Our DS was 3 when we were married, and we were pretty broke. So, I think my DH and I would go somewhere warm, after LO is born. Maybe Hawaii :)

If you had 3 or more hours of spare time, what would you do?
SLEEP. No question about that today. Unfortunately we have a lot going on today and I won't be getting my quiet time, DS is skipping his naptime so we can watch DD in her costume parade at school today :) Positive side is that the kids don't have school tomorrow, so HOPEFULLY we can sleep in! (Hahaha.. my kids "sleeping in is about 7:30am!)

What is your favorite way to indulge while pregnant? Food or otherwise
Right now, it is collecting baby items and watching A Baby Story. I was a little apprehensive when I found out that we are expecting #4, but am sooo excited now :) Food is great too. No specific food, although I really want baked potatoes today! (something that has been discussed in detail, photos and all, on the DDC Facebook page lol)

What is the one kitchen appliance you can't live without?
Unfortunately I am not a great cook or baker. I do try, but don't really enjoy it much. My poor family! The thing I like using the most would be my crock pot/slow cooker. I LOVE the smell of a roast cooking all day!!!!

Hope you all have a fab day!!!! :goodvibes:

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
10-26-2011, 08:03 AM
So much to catch up on!

Karie Anne-What is your favorite thing to do as a family?

Chayla- I definately think that it would be okay to use the name! It might be different if it was someone that you got together with on a regular basis, but in this instant, I say go for it if you like it.

Andrea-Sounding more like it would just be "easier" to just stay put until you know for sure where you are going to be moving. I moved at 36 weeks pregnant with DD and it wasn't pleasant. If you are for sure going to be moving after 3 months, I wouldn't do it.

Chelly-You have been much better than I have been...I have bought so much for this newbie. I can't imagine my little ones being as big as your DD. Mine are so little. DD is in 18 month clothes and I still have to add extra elastic to her pants so they don't fall off her tush. DS is just as big as she is. I am constantly asked how old my "twins" are. In fact it happened 3 times at the grocery store two days ago.

This morning DS woke up for a bit around 5...as I was trying to go back to sleep this new little one was fluttering away in there! So nice to be able to feel that.

chayla
10-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, why can't I feel my booger moving :( I think I have a few times but I want to feel it more.

VWgurl619
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, why can't I feel my booger moving :( I think I have a few times but I want to feel it more.

Same here :( I know I've felt it before but I hate when I can't feel it more than a few times every once in awhile :(

blueone
10-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll talk with him about it and we'll see how it goes. He's still working on parts of the security clearance application (it's over 127 pages...) Hopefully he'll see about getting a training date after the baby is born and I've had a bit of a chance to heal. Otherwise, yeah, staying here would be much much easier but hard at the same time too.

I wish I felt the baby more often too. I'll get sporadic moments of movement and then nothing.

SeaChellsRun
10-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Blueone & Chayla - I feel baby move sporadically too, maybe every other day. It kept me up last night darn it. DD had a difficult time sleeping after a scary movie that DH got her, apparently she hid under the blanket for a good 10-15 minutes. :hairpull: Finally get her to sleep and baby starts doing jumping jacks and it felt really weird. Like I has gas bubbles vibrating in there! I think they sleep a lot at this age yeah? So it would make sense we don't feel them often, plus they're so small. I can't wait until baby is bigger and I go swimming, I always loved how it felt like baby was swimming too.

blueone- I moved at 7.5 months last pregnancy... In the snow. DH paid a friend to help and I didn't have to move anything, which was a huge relief for both of us. It wasn't so bad, I just made sure my boxes were clearly labeled and baby/pregnancy/birthing things had a star on the box. I started nesting as soon as we moved in and I also had to prepare for a home birth.
If you're moving for 3 months and the birth will be during that time, I would pack the essentials and clothes up to 6months and again mark boxes really well and have the baby things packed in the front of storage. This last move we used milk crates instead of boxes and it's absolutely awesome if you can get your hands on some! You can see what's in every crate, easy to carry, and stack really well and high.
But really it sounds like it's out of your hands at this point. If you think there's a chance you'll be with him during those 3 months, like someone else said it would be good to make some calls now to make sure you can switch.

ReadingRenee
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Question for Karie Anne:

How did you meet your dh?

As for movement, I have days where I feel the baby it seems like quite often and then other days there is nothing. It's early days yet for all of us I think. :)

LnzsOut
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Baby movement is the same for me. Some days I don't feel it at all, although yesterday the little bug was quite active. I've heard that it's a while before the baby's bones harden enough for us to feel it, plus I think it depends on where the baby is. The other night, I felt a weird vibration near my cervix on and off for quite a while - I think the only thing it could have been was the baby! Yesterday, the movement was fluttery right in my belly.

Speaking of bellies, anyone had a growth explosion recently? My tummy is definitely out there all of a sudden, really just since yesterday. I felt my stomach muscles stretching and twinging yesterday evening - it really was an odd feeling that I don't remember having with DS. Hopefully it's not just bloating :)

ashayla&acensmom
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I have been feeling the flutters pretty often, Nothing from the outside yet. I keep poking around to TRY to get LO to kick me, no luck. Little stinker is like Daddy! :giggle:
I took a pic of my belly today, I will have to upload it tomorrow. I notice a difference, not TOO much in the past 2 weeks though. Maybe that will mean I didn't gain 20lbs like I feel I did! HA!
Since I have been lurking on and off today, I may as well answer more questions!

What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
I love cuddling in my bed and watching a movie with my family. Good thing I have a Cali King size bed.. although I am not so sure we can fit another in there. My oldest DS has to lay at the end of the bed. He doesn't mind though, because he can stretch out.
I also love doing Chruch activities with my family, that is what we are doing tonight. My DH has a class at church, DS1 has Middle School Ministry, DD has Musical practice (where I volunteer and work with the K5 kids) and DS2 has his preschool class. It is a wonderful 2nd home for us! :)

We met at a mutual friends house while we were seniors in High School. He had JUST moved to WI from MA, and started at my school halfway through senior year. I was dating someone else (and had been with that guy for 2 years) but had a MAJOR crush on DH. I broke up with other dude and started dating my DH in January of 99. :)

blueone
10-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Blueone & Chayla - I feel baby move sporadically too, maybe every other day. It kept me up last night darn it. DD had a difficult time sleeping after a scary movie that DH got her, apparently she hid under the blanket for a good 10-15 minutes. :hairpull: Finally get her to sleep and baby starts doing jumping jacks and it felt really weird. Like I has gas bubbles vibrating in there! I think they sleep a lot at this age yeah? So it would make sense we don't feel them often, plus they're so small. I can't wait until baby is bigger and I go swimming, I always loved how it felt like baby was swimming too.

blueone- I moved at 7.5 months last pregnancy... In the snow. DH paid a friend to help and I didn't have to move anything, which was a huge relief for both of us. It wasn't so bad, I just made sure my boxes were clearly labeled and baby/pregnancy/birthing things had a star on the box. I started nesting as soon as we moved in and I also had to prepare for a home birth.
If you're moving for 3 months and the birth will be during that time, I would pack the essentials and clothes up to 6months and again mark boxes really well and have the baby things packed in the front of storage. This last move we used milk crates instead of boxes and it's absolutely awesome if you can get your hands on some! You can see what's in every crate, easy to carry, and stack really well and high.
But really it sounds like it's out of your hands at this point. If you think there's a chance you'll be with him during those 3 months, like someone else said it would be good to make some calls now to make sure you can switch.

See, I wouldn't mind moving that far along, the hesitancy is if it falls in the very late 8th month to early 9th month. I was planning on doing the whole partial unpack, then leaving other belongings for the next move. I hope it works out though!

crunch!910
10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
DH finally called to check up on our assistance. When we sent proof of pregnancy, they lowered our food assistance by 60 dollars instead of raising it. They are now saying they won't consider us a family of four until baby is here, when I know that isn't right! Gvt asst considers unborn children into the number of the family. When I was pregnant with DS, we were considered a family of 3. On WIC, we are now considered a family of four. But with food stamps they won't give us more, and decreased it instead. But they said they will increase it once baby is here. Riiiiight... because a NEWBORN eats FOOD!? What? NO! Pregnant women eat/need food! I guess if anything, maybe not having access to enough food will mean I absolutely can't eat too much and baby hopefully won't be another 9lber. I know baby will take from my body what it needs anyway, but sucks feeling hungry when pregnant.

I'm sooo tired all the time. I just wish I could sleep. Well, i do sleep.. but I wake up so tired. I dream ALL night it seems and never actually get any rest. :(

I felt baby do biiiig summersault type move though today. That was neat. :) I'm hoping the next 2-3 wks passes quickly and find out gender soon! I'm looking forward to my first prenatal on Nov 4th! I'll be 19 weeks, so hopefully they can schedule my U/S right away!

ReadingRenee
10-26-2011, 06:08 PM
We met at a mutual friends house while we were seniors in High School. He had JUST moved to WI from MA, and started at my school halfway through senior year. I was dating someone else (and had been with that guy for 2 years) but had a MAJOR crush on DH. I broke up with other dude and started dating my DH in January of 99. :)

Aww so you are like highschool sweethearts! That is so neat! :wub:

DH finally called to check up on our assistance. When we sent proof of pregnancy, they lowered our food assistance by 60 dollars instead of raising it. They are now saying they won't consider us a family of four until baby is here, when I know that isn't right! Gvt asst considers unborn children into the number of the family. When I was pregnant with DS, we were considered a family of 3. On WIC, we are now considered a family of four. But with food stamps they won't give us more, and decreased it instead. But they said they will increase it once baby is here. Riiiiight... because a NEWBORN eats FOOD!? What? NO! Pregnant women eat/need food! I guess if anything, maybe not having access to enough food will mean I absolutely can't eat too much and baby hopefully won't be another 9lber. I know baby will take from my body what it needs anyway, but sucks feeling hungry when pregnant.

I'm sooo tired all the time. I just wish I could sleep. Well, i do sleep.. but I wake up so tired. I dream ALL night it seems and never actually get any rest. :(

I felt baby do biiiig summersault type move though today. That was neat. :) I'm hoping the next 2-3 wks passes quickly and find out gender soon! I'm looking forward to my first prenatal on Nov 4th! I'll be 19 weeks, so hopefully they can schedule my U/S right away!

Crunch that sucks! That doesn't sound right either. Dealing with gov't programs is so wretched, I am sorry you have to deal with that.

chayla
10-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Great questions ladies, so much fun to learn about each other!

I totally have belly explosion! I am hosting a party tomorrow day and everyone is going to be able to tell now. I think everyone coming already knows, I can't remember.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I got my ultrasound changed to Nov 10th, same day as my 18 week checkup. They are at different locations and different times but whatever. DH wants to be there and of course, I want him there. Eeeeekkkkk, can't believe it's only 2 weeks and we'll know what we're having!!! I am not announcing on Facebook until that day (or the next day). I have never gone this far without telling and I kinda like it. Our close friends know and you ladies (obviously) but it's fun to have a little secret ;) People will be SO surprised! I suppose if I could think of something super creative, I would have announced earlier. I was just too sick I couldn't think of anything.

LnzsOut
10-26-2011, 09:35 PM
A little crude maybe, but this picture made me laugh. :) A friend posted it on Facebook.

blueone
10-27-2011, 07:14 AM
I found it to be funny! Very original...

My son has had some chest congestion issues and since I have him sleeping propped up he isn't sleeping so well and the chest congestion isn't helping him out either. I'm exhausted. He's sleeping better since the first day he got it though because I went and bought a humidifier, the one we have is missing the top. I ordered a replacement but it could take up to 7 days to get it. I'm getting some elderberry for him today in hopes that it helps as well. Otherwise I'm calling his pediatrician on Monday. So so tired...

chayla
10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Woke up at 3am, more blood. I am so over this rollercoaster! It was dark but a lot, it freaked me out :( I am waiting for a call back from the oncall midwife. This is the 3rd time I have had this happen. I want an ultrasound ASAP to see what is causing this!

Sorry you ds doesn't feel well, I think that junk is going around everywhere. I have a little congestion too.

ReadingRenee
10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Woke up at 3am, more blood. I am so over this rollercoaster! It was dark but a lot, it freaked me out :( I am waiting for a call back from the oncall midwife. This is the 3rd time I have had this happen. I want an ultrasound ASAP to see what is causing this!

Sorry you ds doesn't feel well, I think that junk is going around everywhere. I have a little congestion too.

:hugs: Have they checked for placenta previa? Or is that what the ultrasound will be for? keep us updated to what the midwife says!

I am still barely showing myself and we haven't done any formal announcement. I don't know if Im going to. A lot of these people I could just show up with a baby next spring, that is how often I see them. :giggle:

I told my family and my close friends but all mine and dh's mutual friends (who we almost never see) have not been told. I kind of like it that way. :)

chayla
10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Going in to the office. They are going to check my cervix, maybe a bacterial infection or something. If nothing, then I guess we'll go from there. I doubt that I could get into the ultrasound right away because they are always SO busy. MW said it's not necessarily the placenta but she wants me checked since it's the 3rd time in 10 weeks.

I will let you know what happens :)

ashayla&acensmom
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I am praying for you, Chayla!!! :bighug: That has to be terrifying. Please let us know when you know :hugs:

blueone
10-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Praying for you. That would be so scary. I hope they figure it out and that it's something that will clear up with meds or by itself. :hugs:

VWgurl619
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM

:bighug: I'll be thinking of you! Hope its nothing serious.

TS8213
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Is there a belly growth spurt at 14 wks that I've forgotten about? My belly has been hurting/aching all night tonight. On top of this migraine that I've had for the last 7.5 hrs that just will not go away. Ugh. Hoping the hot rice pack on my eyes will help me fall asleep quickly.

Chayla - any updates yet? Thinking of you!

blueone
10-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Is there a belly growth spurt at 14 wks that I've forgotten about? My belly has been hurting/aching all night tonight. On top of this migraine that I've had for the last 7.5 hrs that just will not go away. Ugh. Hoping the hot rice pack on my eyes will help me fall asleep quickly.

Chayla - any updates yet? Thinking of you!

I know I had an achy stomach last night too. Now it's more of my hips. Hope your migraine goes away. Have you tried taking 2 extra strength tylenol and drinking a caffeinated drink with it? I had an OB recommend that once. I helped some.

Chayla, I hope everything is ok and all, would love an update!

ashayla&acensmom
10-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Chayla updated on the Facebook page... she said that she can't find her phone to get on DS. She went to see her MW and there is no found reason for the bleeding. Baby is doing great, and they will know more hopefully at the u/s.

blueone
10-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Chayla updated on the Facebook page... she said that she can't find her phone to get on DS. She went to see her MW and there is no found reason for the bleeding. Baby is doing great, and they will know more hopefully at the u/s.

Excellent!!

ReadingRenee
10-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Oh good! I am really glad to hear the update about Chayla. Been thinking about her.

Farmer's Wife
10-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes, very good news!!

chayla
10-28-2011, 02:16 PM
hey thanks ladies! I couldn't post on here last night for some reason. Yes, everything is good with baby, nothing they can find that is causing the bleeding. We have an u/s in two weeks and the mw wasn't overly concerned to try and get it earlier.

What are you doing for the weekend?

We just went to a small pumpkin patch at a church by our house and totally scored! They were doing buy one get one on the larger pumpkins. Only spent $18 for 2 huge pumpkins, one blueish/green 'designer' pumpkin and 2 itty bitty baby ones :) I spent twice that last year for nothing special. DH and the boys are carving (in between naps and Wii action).

There are tons of events going on this weekend just don't know how up to it I feel. Plus, ds has a football game tomorrow at 1pm right in the middle of them all :(

Oooohhhh, what are your kids being for Halloween? No one here has really decided. We have so many costumes they will probably wear a few different ones ;)

blueone
10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Here we don't have too many plans. We have church tomorrow, and then I really really want to get a changing table. I didn't have one with my son when he was a baby, but I could really use one now for changing him. He kicks and wiggles around, refuses to lay down, and yeah, it would be easier with the table. I did want one for the next baby though. We will be checking out a kids thrift store likely tomorrow. Although we did want to stop by the Cider Mills. It's free entrance and they have a nice scenery for family photos.

So far DS is getting better. His chest congestion has lessened, but he's not sleeping the best at night. As such, I've been putting the TV on at random times because otherwise he starts throwing fits over every little thing and can't be calmed down. I'm also down right exhausted so lacking energy to really do much. I hope he kicks this by Monday.

VWgurl619
10-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Chayla, so glad everything is going good with the baby :goodvibes:

Not much going on here this weekend. Madilyn is going to be Alice for halloween. And we are going trick or treating tomorrow so daddy can take her because on Monday he has to work, so I'll take her around town then. Tomorrow we are going to another town to trick or treat.

crunch!910
10-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Chayla, so glad baby is okay! How frustrating and frightening to not know the reason for the bleeding.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
10-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear that all is okay Chayla!
We don't have much planned for this weekend. Probably carve pumpkins and do some baking. DH works nights, so we will be hanging out at home. For Halloween DS is going to be a monster and DD is going to be a pirate. They are both sooo excited.

crunch!910
10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Bad night. :( Feeling very hurt by not one friend, but two. One accusing me behind my back of endangering my baby/trying to kill my baby by attempting a VBAC, and another that I found out was talking to someone who hurt me very badly(tried to get my husband to cheat on me, but my husband is faithful). Feeling like I have no friends other than my twin sister. I DO have people in my life that support my VBAC choice, but they are mostly internet friends/acquaintance, not people I hang out with regularly.

It's hard to make friends when you are a young mother. Friends your own age are too busy being immature, wreckless and livign it up at college and don't speak to you anymore because they can't relate to your new life. Responsible, "older"(not old, but older than me) mothers completely write you off and don't give you the time of day because you are a young mom, and then basically ALL moms I know are very mainstream, young or old. So it doesn't matter. Because I make informed choices, I'm stuck being pretty much friendless, and feeling like I can't truly connect with the friends I do have. All I have to say, is thank GOD for my twin sister.

Aloha Baby
10-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Bad night. :( Feeling very hurt by not one friend, but two. One accusing me behind my back of endangering my baby/trying to kill my baby by attempting a VBAC, and another that I found out was talking to someone who hurt me very badly(tried to get my husband to cheat on me, but my husband is faithful). Feeling like I have no friends other than my twin sister. I DO have people in my life that support my VBAC choice, but they are mostly internet friends/acquaintance, not people I hang out with regularly.

It's hard to make friends when you are a young mother. Friends your own age are too busy being immature, wreckless and livign it up at college and don't speak to you anymore because they can't relate to your new life. Responsible, "older"(not old, but older than me) mothers completely write you off and don't give you the time of day because you are a young mom, and then basically ALL moms I know are very mainstream, young or old. So it doesn't matter. Because I make informed choices, I'm stuck being pretty much friendless, and feeling like I can't truly connect with the friends I do have. All I have to say, is thank GOD for my twin sister.

So sorry! I would be upset too. As far as feeling friendless, you could try to just not talk a lot about your unconventional choices. I kind of censor myself depending on who I'm talking to because I don't like opening up myself to other people ignorant opinions. It is your choice to have a vbac. As long as you & hubby are happy with that choice, I wouldn't worry about uninformed people. It sucks feeling friendless though. Have you looked for any AP type play groups? In my experience you find a nice variety of moms: vbacs, elected csection, breastfeeding, formula, cd, etc. Hugs to you momma! At least you have the internet ;-)

crunch!910
10-28-2011, 09:26 PM
closest of those type of playgroups are in the city - an hour away. I live in a pretty rural area.

Thank God for the internet! It's one luxury I'd do just about anything to not go without! It's PRICELESS In my book. I learn far too much and only real connection I have to like minded individuals.

I don't talk alot about non mainstream things, just to my main group of friends. I hide non mainstream thing son my facebook from most friends, coworkers, etc. I'm not going to lie to people I hang out regularly with though. She was apart of my 3 main friends. But I'm done. She's not going to have any more part in my pregnancy or birth at all. No more discussion with her, andmy sister will continue to rip her a new one if she brings it up again. So glad for my sister. On one hand, it really hurt my feelings, but it does make me feel so much better knowing just how much my sister supports me. :)

chayla
10-28-2011, 09:42 PM
WEll that just sucks!!! It's really hard to find out that someone you thought you were close to is being such a b#$%h! I know the feeling and honestly, I just don't have time for people like that any more. What I have found, no matter how different your views, is that when people are talking about you and your choices like that, they are the unhappy ones. There is something going on in their lives that sucks so much, they are trying to get the attention off of themselves. I just wen thru this with a friend of 15 years (it wasn't over the baby). She has a horrible DH and I guarantee that was the main issue but she took it out on me. Yup, we don't talk at.all. Just saw her and her family at the same restaurant and I refused to even acknowledge they exist.

Long story short. Do what you believe is right. These woman are probably J.e.a.l.o.u.s. If they were concerned they could have come straight to you and asked questions. That's what I do if I want to talk to my friends about something. You have more important things to worry about!

chayla
10-28-2011, 10:33 PM
So, I cannot sleep!! I drank a cup of coffee around 4-5 (or so). I knew it wouldn't be a good idea but I wanted some. And, I made some great vegetarian green chile for dinner and it is so good I can't stop eating it.

My MIL just texted me. DH's cousin is about as far along as me and she already knows she's having another girl. Her babies will be about a year apart. I still won't find out for 2 weeks. Dh's side of the family is in desperate need for boys! I think 15 babies have been born since 2006 (including 2006) and only 5 have been boys (1 mine, 2 to another cousin, 1 another cousin). No joke, the last 7-8 babies born on his side have been girls. That is crazy!

blueone
10-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Crunch!910, that really sucks about your supposed friends. We moved out to the area recently and while I have acquaintances, only one is what I would consider a friend. We both AP and over all have a lot in common (I swear it's harder to find true friends when you parent differently than mainstream). Even so though, we rarely get to see each other. It can get lonely. I hope you find what you are looking for.

My son actually slept decently last night. I had to give him half a chewable benadryl since he was/is so stuffed up still. But the cold seems to be moving out of his chest. He only woke 3 times and wasn't up for long. I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up feeling somewhat rested for a change too. I hope he continues to get better here. I've been giving him a tsp of elderberry syrup I made every 3 hours as they say to if the child is sick. I take 1TBS a day at the moment until I start to feel any signs of pending illness leave (been feeling a bit under the weather).

LnzsOut
10-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Chayla, glad to hear the good news! I know it's a relief to hear that everything is fine.

Crunch, sorry you're having a hard time with friends. I don't think people sometimes really consider how hurtful their comments can be... Glad you have your sister!

Blueone, sick babies are no fun. Glad your son is getting a little better - I hope that continues!

This weekend is going to be split between fun and studying. There is a Halloween thing going on for kids in my mom's neighborhood today, so we're taking DS over there this afternoon. DS asked to be a "steam engine with a steam engine hat," so the best we could do was to let him be a train engineer with a cardboard steam engine. We've got to finish up coloring in the train today (DH did all the cutting and drawing - it's great!), but I've already made his hat and added a little train patch to his overalls. It's going to be fun, but once the fun is over, it's time to hit the books - ugh! I've got 2 tests next week, neither of which I'm prepared for. It's funny that I'm so busy with school work, but I'm a little sad that I won't be registering for any classes next semester... I know if I do, though, I will totally regret my decision come March or April!!!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!! :)

SeaChellsRun
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Chayla - Good to hear baby is doing ok and hopefully the two weeks will go by quickly

Chrunch - I know how you feel. When I told my mom I wasn't going to a hospital, she flipped out and said "how can you do this to me?!" I lied to her (I felt really terrible but couldn't deal with it), told her I was delivering at the birth center but really it was a planned HB. After the HB, I told my mom I had a pain free labor and somehow she was able to take credit for me having a pain free labor!! Unbelievable! My sister thinks I'm nuts for not wanting drugs and my best friend (a nurse) think I'm insane and it's not safe to not be in a hospital. Really it comes down to them being ignorant of the nature of birth and they have so much mis-education that has to be broken down first.
I haven't made any new friends since we moved back to the states. I just don't fit in at the mommy's groups and I don't need friends that I have to be fake with. I understand not bringing up certain things but what's the point of that friendship if I can't talk about things that our family is going through without hitting judgement and argument and raised eyebrows? It is too much for me to censor, I'd have to make myself a different person. HB, selective vax, CD, extended BF, no bottles no paci, attachment parenting, elimination communication, the way we dress, the way we work, the way we eat, our beliefs. We're SO *odd* that finding friends is so difficult. Not that we have to be similar, but understanding and the main-stream mamas I meet are not understanding of all our oddities.
Last year we lived in a third world country and as different as we are from the locals we made some wonderful friends because the way we eat etc isn't a stumbling block in friendships. They think somethings are weird but it doesn't become friction and awkwardness. ya know?
Oh my goodness I talked a lot about that. Lately I've been going to the rec center, which is mostly retirees and I've been making some good friends! Again, it's that they don't necessarily agree with my choices but they don't look at me like an alien.

SO found the heartbeat yesterday!! MW thinks it's a boy!! :cheer: HR in the 130s so thats why shes guessing boy. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though.

I got bit by a brown recluse spider, hoping it clears up and doesn't get all nasty as then I'll need antibiotics. The scary thing is I'm pretty sure it happened when I was in bed. Really hoping that it happened when we were out and I didn't notice it until bed time.

blueone
10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Chayla - Good to hear baby is doing ok and hopefully the two weeks will go by quickly

Chrunch - I know how you feel. When I told my mom I wasn't going to a hospital, she flipped out and said "how can you do this to me?!" I lied to her (I felt really terrible but couldn't deal with it), told her I was delivering at the birth center but really it was a planned HB. After the HB, I told my mom I had a pain free labor and somehow she was able to take credit for me having a pain free labor!! Unbelievable! My sister thinks I'm nuts for not wanting drugs and my best friend (a nurse) think I'm insane and it's not safe to not be in a hospital. Really it comes down to them being ignorant of the nature of birth and they have so much mis-education that has to be broken down first.
I haven't made any new friends since we moved back to the states. I just don't fit in at the mommy's groups and I don't need friends that I have to be fake with. I understand not bringing up certain things but what's the point of that friendship if I can't talk about things that our family is going through without hitting judgement and argument and raised eyebrows? It is too much for me to censor, I'd have to make myself a different person. HB, selective vax, CD, extended BF, no bottles no paci, attachment parenting, elimination communication, the way we dress, the way we work, the way we eat, our beliefs. We're SO *odd* that finding friends is so difficult. Not that we have to be similar, but understanding and the main-stream mamas I meet are not understanding of all our oddities.
Last year we lived in a third world country and as different as we are from the locals we made some wonderful friends because the way we eat etc isn't a stumbling block in friendships. They think somethings are weird but it doesn't become friction and awkwardness. ya know?
Oh my goodness I talked a lot about that. Lately I've been going to the rec center, which is mostly retirees and I've been making some good friends! Again, it's that they don't necessarily agree with my choices but they don't look at me like an alien.

SO found the heartbeat yesterday!! MW thinks it's a boy!! :cheer: HR in the 130s so thats why shes guessing boy. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though.

I got bit by a brown recluse spider, hoping it clears up and doesn't get all nasty as then I'll need antibiotics. The scary thing is I'm pretty sure it happened when I was in bed. Really hoping that it happened when we were out and I didn't notice it until bed time.

Going against the mainstream does make it hard to find true friends...
That's scary about the brown recluse bite. I notice my son has some bites on his legs and I have no idea where they came from, but likely from bed. Part of me is hoping it's just the chicken pox (me and hubby already had it young), I want him to get it young. But I have a couple similar bug bites on me and well, it's only on one leg. Annoying little bugs.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
I understand about going against the mainstream as well. My family tries to be supportive, but we mostly just have each other. None of them understand many of the choices that we make...Can't wait to bring up that we've been discussing possibly homeschooling the kids. My mom was the only supportive one when we brought up possibly doing private school, so we shall see how this goes.

As far as this weekend, I have been pretty productive! House pretty much cleaned, pumpkins carved, Halloween shirts made, baked goodies baked, fun Halloween treats made. Currently stuffing diapers and washing towels and napkins!

DD is so excited to dress up tomorrow and go Trick or Treating. We only go to our neighbors that we are close with and a few friends and grandparents houses, but that will be enough for us.

ReadingRenee
10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I totally understand the difficulty with finding friends going against the mainstream. We live in the south in a relatively conservative area so it makes it pretty difficult.

Yikes on the brown recluse Chelly! YIKES! I hope you will be ok. we have a lot of those down here and I am always on the paranoid look out for them. I really hope it didn't happen in bed for you. ergh.... I really hope it doesn't get worse and gets better so you dont have to get abx. But yay yay yay hearing for the heartbeat!!! :)

Well I think i hit second trimester magic! Yesterday my family and I went on a 3 mile hike. I had to take a long nap when we got home but I was able to do it! I also have started cleaning the house with a vengeance and getting it back to pre morning sickness from hell status. As I told my dh as I surveyed the utter chaos that has become our home I said, "well at least this shows you how much I normally do every day." Me being out of commission hit our little house hard. :(

Got the living room and the kids bathroom done today though and Im hoping to be able to tackle the kitchen and MOP tomorrow. Been way too long since I have mopped.

blueone
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I totally understand the difficulty with finding friends going against the mainstream. We live in the south in a relatively conservative area so it makes it pretty difficult.

Yikes on the brown recluse Chelly! YIKES! I hope you will be ok. we have a lot of those down here and I am always on the paranoid look out for them. I really hope it didn't happen in bed for you. ergh.... I really hope it doesn't get worse and gets better so you dont have to get abx. But yay yay yay hearing for the heartbeat!!! :)

Well I think i hit second trimester magic! Yesterday my family and I went on a 3 mile hike. I had to take a long nap when we got home but I was able to do it! I also have started cleaning the house with a vengeance and getting it back to pre morning sickness from hell status. As I told my dh as I surveyed the utter chaos that has become our home I said, "well at least this shows you how much I normally do every day." Me being out of commission hit our little house hard. :(

Got the living room and the kids bathroom done today though and Im hoping to be able to tackle the kitchen and MOP tomorrow. Been way too long since I have mopped.

I'm envious, I'm officially second trimester, but seem to have been hit with another wave of exhaustion. Not sure how much of it is tide to the lack of sleep last week though and suddenly being able to get some sleep. But, my appetite has really gone up finally! I have cravings for sauerkraut recently of all foods...

TS8213
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm envious, I'm officially second trimester, but seem to have been hit with another wave of exhaustion. Not sure how much of it is tide to the lack of sleep last week though and suddenly being able to get some sleep. But, my appetite has really gone up finally! I have cravings for sauerkraut recently of all foods...

I'm the opposite re: food. Before I was loving it and now anything I eat makes me so sick. I physically have to lay down for an hour or longer. I actually dread eating! Ironically I'm pretty sure I'm still gaining weight.

ReadingRenee
10-30-2011, 07:26 PM

Honestly I didn't start feeling energetic til I was 16 weeks. So.. yesterday? :giggle: Before that the nausea was leaving and I could do more but I still got tired and winded easily. I bet your energy boost is coming soon! :)

chayla
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Shelly, my house was hit hard too. Actually, it was still in shambles from the past year of pure craziness (dd being born, dh getting a second job working 4 nights a week, going back to work pt, ds1 starting full day kindy). I was barely getting things back in order when m/s hit hard. I have extra work now but feeling better evryday (minus the sinus cold) so I am halpy about that.

Chells, boo for the bite. Hope it wasnt in your bed. I hate bugs, thank goodness colorado doesnt have bugs like a lot of places.

LnzsOut
10-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Chelly, I'm actually surprised that you find it challenging to make like-minded friends in Northern CA due to your lifestyle choices!! Here in the south people have always thought of me as crazy for just being a vegetarian. I wouldn't even mention the fact to non-family that I continued breastfeeding DS until after his 2nd birthday. My family was never specifically negative about it (although they would ask when I planned to stop), but it was obvious that they thought it was strange and maybe even wrong. My step-MIL was shocked when her daughter told her that her friend in CA said extended breastfeeding was normal. I just thought people in the west were a lot more accepting of different, non-mainstream choices than they are here in south. Anyway, I'm glad you at least have some people at the rec center. I really hope we can move out of this tiny town soon and get back to civilization - I'd love to find a rec center!

While I'm at it, Chelly, what sort of remedies might you use if your daughter were to get a little head cold? DS has had a runny nose all day, and this evening he was pretty stuffy. I'll boost his vitamin C with fruits/veggies, but that's all I ever do when he shows signs of illness... Tomorrow I'll be in the city, so I'll have access to health food stores!

Speaking of being in the city, I've got another prenatal appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a better vibe from my OB this time... if I don't feel completely comfortable with her, I'm going to look into going back to the OB I used with DS. At least I know he's nice and easy to talk to, even if he is a pusher-man.

SeaChellsRun
10-30-2011, 11:46 PM
While I'm at it, Chelly, what sort of remedies might you use if your daughter were to get a little head cold? DS has had a runny nose all day, and this evening he was pretty stuffy. I'll boost his vitamin C with fruits/veggies, but that's all I ever do when he shows signs of illness... Tomorrow I'll be in the city, so I'll have access to health food stores!

Speaking of being in the city, I've got another prenatal appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a better vibe from my OB this time... if I don't feel completely comfortable with her, I'm going to look into going back to the OB I used with DS. At least I know he's nice and easy to talk to, even if he is a pusher-man.

How far do you need to go for you appt? Now that we've moved it's a 4 hour drive to my midwife and holistic practitioner :(

DD's never had a head cold but this is what I would do and what I've recommended friends. Trader Joe's & I'm sure the health store you go to have Vit C crystals that you add to water. Your LO may like the water warmed up like a tea. Humidifier will help, I like to put a couple drops on eucalyptus oil on top of the humidifier and that will help clear bronchial tubes and nose. Cut out dairy and any allergens that you know of that LO may have. Hyland's C + Cold Tabs are good if LO has sore throat and coughing as well, it's homeopathic. Make sure LO is having relaxing day, with little stress. Massages help move lymph, massaging with coconut oil can bring down temperature if fever. Get creative in getting LO to drink fluids. When DD is not drinking enough I pull out our china tea set and she loves to have tea with me. Broths, soup for meals, lemon-honey water etc. Hope he's feeling better soon and your appt goes well!

blueone
10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
I swear by elderberry syrup for colds and prevention. I made my own since it's so pricey when packaged.

1 cup of elderberries (I used dried)
2 cups water
Boil until water is decreased by half OR for 45 minutes (I did the first since it was shorter)
Mash them up to get juice out
Strain out the liquid into a bowl or cup and I then mashed again in the strainer
Mix 1 cup honey in (it will be really really sweet, just warning, but the honey helps any sinus drainage)
Store in fridge in a mason jar or something similar.

For dosing
1tsp a day for kids. If sick 1 tsp every 3 hours
1TBS a day for adults. If sick 1 TBS every 3 hours

I don't plan on taking it every day, but I do plan on taking it when sick. Right now I'm feeling my sons cold coming on...

VWgurl619
10-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Happy Halloween ladies! :) it was a pretty boring weekend here. I just want to get work over with so I can take DD trick or treating tonight :)

jacksmommy1
10-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi all! Ok i am going to admit it. I have been lurking for awhile. I have been so nervous about this pregnancy i felt if i jumped in i would jinx myself...silly i know. Anyway i am Kari and i am sure April 20th with our 3rd child.

ashayla&acensmom
10-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi all! Ok i am going to admit it. I have been lurking for awhile. I have been so nervous about this pregnancy i felt if i jumped in i would jinx myself...silly i know. Anyway i am Kari and i am sure April 20th with our 3rd child.

Congrats, and WELCOME, Kari!!! :hugs:

jacksmommy1
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
thanks!

blueone
10-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Welcome!! How exciting!

VWgurl619
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Welcome and Congrats!! :goodvibes:

blueone
11-01-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm so excited!!! Apparently my really strong aversion to coffee has passed because I had a cup of coffee today with no bad effects! Screw decaffeinated coffee, I am so back to drinking my 1 cup of caffeinated coffee every morning again! I'm so much happier with it and so much more relaxed and calm. Normally I'm a horrible grouch in the morning without it.

VWgurl619
11-01-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm so excited!!! Apparently my really strong aversion to coffee has passed because I had a cup of coffee today with no bad effects! Screw decaffeinated coffee, I am so back to drinking my 1 cup of caffeinated coffee every morning again! I'm so much happier with it and so much more relaxed and calm. Normally I'm a horrible grouch in the morning without it.

That would make me happy too, all the good creamer is just now out because of the holidays.... Peppermint mocha :drool:

MNclothdiaperin'Momma
11-01-2011, 07:12 AM

Congrats, and welcome!

WOO HOO! I love my morning cup of coffee, although I only get it every few days. It really helps start my day.

That would make me happy too, all the good creamer is just now out because of the holidays.... Peppermint mocha :drool:

I know! My favorite is the pumpkin spice, although I have been eyeing the gingerbread. I hear a lot of people talk about the peppermint mocha, may have to try it!

blueone
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM

I'm excited about the Dunkin Donuts holiday flavored coffee! Can't wait to buy a bag.

SeaChellsRun
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm excited about the Dunkin Donuts holiday flavored coffee! Can't wait to buy a bag.

:envy: I looooove dunkin Donuts... sadly or rather fortunately!! There's none anywhere near me. I could really go for a boston creme yumm

blueone
11-01-2011, 06:32 PM
:envy: I looooove dunkin Donuts... sadly or rather fortunately!! There's none anywhere near me. I could really go for a boston creme yumm

I get a bag of it at Target and make it at home. It's cheaper that way and I can add my own milk of choice. Maybe you could order it online if it's not there. I know in Southern CA where they don't have any chain coffee shops my brother can find the bagged kind in Stater Brothers.

LnzsOut
11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
How far do you need to go for you appt? Now that we've moved it's a 4 hour drive to my midwife and holistic practitioner :(

DD's never had a head cold but this is what I would do and what I've recommended friends. Trader Joe's & I'm sure the health store you go to have Vit C crystals that you add to water. Your LO may like the water warmed up like a tea. Humidifier will help, I like to put a couple drops on eucalyptus oil on top of the humidifier and that will help clear bronchial tubes and nose. Cut out dairy and any allergens that you know of that LO may have. Hyland's C + Cold Tabs are good if LO has sore throat and coughing as well, it's homeopathic. Make sure LO is having relaxing day, with little stress. Massages help move lymph, massaging with coconut oil can bring down temperature if fever. Get creative in getting LO to drink fluids. When DD is not drinking enough I pull out our china tea set and she loves to have tea with me. Broths, soup for meals, lemon-honey water etc. Hope he's feeling better soon and your appt goes well!

Chelly, are you driving 4+ hours, well 8 hours round trip I guess, to see your midwife every month for prenatal visits? That's definitely no fun... she must be amazing!! My OB is about 45 minutes away. I can't say that she is worth the drive, but she's what I've got. I live in a rural area, so to get quality care, I have to drive to the city. Sadly, there is a birthing center not even 30 minutes away, but they wouldn't take me because I'm considered "high risk." None of the midwives in the city would see me either...

Thanks for the great advice for my little sicky. Today a little fever showed up, but he doesn't seem to feel too bad, although he really is having a hard time with his emotions. He had a rough day at preschol yesterday morning, and today he's been getting upset over everything! DH came home from work early today because he apparently caught DS's cold. I have a scratch in my throat, but I refuse to get sick!

My appointment went pretty well on Monday. My Dr. is open to natural, med-free birth. She isn't necessarily encouraging it, but she definitely isn't discouraging it - if that makes senses. She said I'll need to be monitored for a few minutes every hour (primarily because I'm "high risk"), but as long as I want to move around, I am free to do so. The baby's heartbeat was 164 - it was nice to hear it again :)

LnzsOut
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I swear by elderberry syrup for colds and prevention. I made my own since it's so pricey when packaged.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to get my hands on some elderberries and give it a shot. What do they taste like?

blueone
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to get my hands on some elderberries and give it a shot. What do they taste like?

Eh, not sure. The honey is sweet and sort of overrides the taste. It's just a sweet sticky slightly tangy maybe mixture. But the amount of honey is really helpful for congestion, post nasal drip, coughs, etc.