PDA

View Full Version : U/S *ugh*

sstarfish
11-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I was hoping that my U/S would help ease my fears! :banghead:

For those who don't know my story, I m/c on Oct 3rd, and didn't have a LMP before my BFP, so my midwife wanted an U/S for dates. Using the date of the m/c as my LMP, I could have been 7 weeks 1 day yesterday (u/s day). I was assuming that I was probably about 6 weeks or so anyway.....

So as soon as the tech put the probe on my belly, she said "Oh, you're probably only about 4 weeks." I explained to her all about the m/c, and that I've had a positive test for over 2 weeks, so it just seemed strange that I was only 4 weeks..... she did the internal U/S, and said that I was *maybe* 5 weeks, she might be able to make out a fetal pole.

So now I'm worried that the baby stopped growing! She said that she would send the report to my midwife, and we could decide what to do next. She said if I came back for another u/s in a week or so, I would probably see a heartbeat. All I wanted to see was a heartbeat this time! I guess we won't be telling anyone at Thanksgiving :(

naomawood
11-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Sorry mama. I'm praying that you will hear that heartbeat at your next u/s.

TofuScramble
11-23-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry Mama :hugs: I hope everything is OK... she didn't do a transvaginal- so it may not be accurate.

SqueakersMama
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
:hugs::hugs: I agree with Nina - those early ultrasounds are horribly inaccurate when they're not transvaginal. Hopefully they can get you in for another one soon so you can see that little flicker!

247mom
11-23-2011, 08:42 AM
I have been "stalking" you and praying for you, as you had been in my May group. I will continue to pray for you. I am sure it is quite unnerving to have this inconclusive news, but I will pray for you to have peace and try to enjoy each day of your pregnancy. I had that type of u.s with my 1st and that was after years of infertility, but a week later we saw our little ones hb! I pray that it will turn out that way for you. :hugs:

sstarfish
11-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I did have a transvaginal :( She couldn't even make out the egg sac until she did the internal, then she could make that and *possibly* a fetal pole out.

I hope my midwife calls me today to talk about it.

And I'm debating about the next u/s too.... the latest appt. they have is 4 pm, so DH has to always leave work early to come. He doesn't really want to miss more work for another u/s (he wants to be there, but everyone gives him a really hard time about "leaving early" and all). I told him that there's only really 1 scenario where it would be *okay* that he wasn't there.... and that would be if everything was fine and the heartbeat was there. So do I tell him that I really want him there (because he'll come if I really do want him there), or just suck it up and go alone?

mabelinoad
11-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Mama...I haven't had an MC, but I was charting and know EXACTLY when I o'd...my chart was near perfect!!! So i definitely, 100% know that I o'd Oct 13. That said...I had my first ultrasund when I should've been 5wk6days, they found only a gestational sac doing transvaginal and it measured 4wk6days. So i was sure it was over. Then 9 days later, I had another ultrasound and there was a tiny little heartbeat that we could see and hear. I still measured a week small! So according to the US, i got my first BFP at 3dpo(yeah, right)

So i just chalked it up that my little bean is a slow grower. But a grower, none the less! Next US can be great, keep hopeful!!

247mom
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
I would still keep up hope for the next u/s but I really suggest having your dh go with you, that is what you seem to need! Don't worry about people at work they will get over it!! If your dh is anything like mine, he'll do whatever he has to to be there if he knows it's important to you! :hugs: And I had a transvag. u/s too, and all they saw was a sac nothing else, but the next week was a tiny, tiny bean with a grain of rice size heart beating away! Hope your mw gets with you soon, the waiting is so hard :hugs:

stevensmom
11-23-2011, 11:42 AM
:hugs: mama...I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

my dh hasn't come to any of my early u/s ever...even the ones that they told me the baby had passed. Its super hard without him there...but possible.

zacifer
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Friend, so sorry to hear this. I know you must be so nervous. Please know you and the baby are in my prayers! And keep me posted in PM in case I don't stumble upon it like I did this post.

jnk10046
11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
:hugs::hugs: mama! I will be thinking of you and baby this thanksgiving and praying that this u/s was not correct. FX for a HH9M.

Powersmom
11-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Mama thinking of you and praying the ultrasoundis wrong.

ducky5306
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM

For those who don't know my story, I m/c on Oct 3rd, and didn't have a LMP before my BFP, so my midwife wanted an U/S for dates. Using the date of the m/c as my LMP, I could have been 7 weeks 1 day yesterday (u/s day). I was assuming that I was probably about 6 weeks or so anyway.....

So as soon as the tech put the probe on my belly, she said "Oh, you're probably only about 4 weeks." I explained to her all about the m/c, and that I've had a positive test for over 2 weeks, so it just seemed strange that I was only 4 weeks..... she did the internal U/S, and said that I was *maybe* 5 weeks, she might be able to make out a fetal pole.

So now I'm worried that the baby stopped growing! She said that she would send the report to my midwife, and we could decide what to do next. She said if I came back for another u/s in a week or so, I would probably see a heartbeat. All I wanted to see was a heartbeat this time! I guess we won't be telling anyone at Thanksgiving :(

Is it possible you got a positive pregnancy test from the hormones still in your body from the m/c? Then O'ed and conceived later?

Praying for you mama!!

Sent from my EVO 4G using DS Forum

mom2threeboys
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM

Praying!

me_just_me
11-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Mama...I haven't had an MC, but I was charting and know EXACTLY when I o'd...my chart was near perfect!!! So i definitely, 100% know that I o'd Oct 13. That said...I had my first ultrasund when I should've been 5wk6days, they found only a gestational sac doing transvaginal and it measured 4wk6days. So i was sure it was over. Then 9 days later, I had another ultrasound and there was a tiny little heartbeat that we could see and hear. I still measured a week small! So according to the US, i got my first BFP at 3dpo(yeah, right)

So i just chalked it up that my little bean is a slow grower. But a grower, none the less! Next US can be great, keep hopeful!!

Yes!!! I hope it is just had a slow start. I too knew my dates exactly and when I had the u/s it would have put me at getting a positive pregnancy test at 3 dpo as well.

Sstarfish, I truly do hope this is a sticky little bean for you :hugs:

sstarfish
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Is it possible you got a positive pregnancy test from the hormones still in your body from the m/c? Then O'ed and conceived later?

Praying for you mama!!

Sent from my EVO 4G using DS Forum

No, I went and had my hcg levels checked after the m/c to make sure they went down to zero (and I also kept POAS until it turned negative).

Thanks for the prayers everyone! :hugs:

I talked to the midwife today, and the report they sent her said I was 5 weeks 6 days, which is better than 4 weeks! I'm going to do another u/s this week or early next week (I hope), so hopefully I get to see that heartbeat! I'm feeling fairly nauseous today, so I guess that's a good sign, right??

stevensmom
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
nauseous is a very good sign :hugs:

did she say you were 5wks 6 days from today or from the u/s?

:hugs: again it's so hard when you've had a previous m/c

sstarfish
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
nauseous is a very good sign :hugs:

did she say you were 5wks 6 days from today or from the u/s?

:hugs: again it's so hard when you've had a previous m/c

I *think* she said that the u/s day was 5 wks 6 days.

I really wish it wasn't such a huge ordeal to get an u/s too.... I've only told my bff so far, so she watches the kids for me, but she's 45 minutes away from me, then 30 minutes to the hospital for the u/s.... and the latest appt they offer is 4 pm, so DH has to miss work to go.... :banghead:

Hopefully this can be the last u/s of a HH9M, and I don't have to worry about it again!!!

stevensmom
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
yeah DH doesn't go to any of the "early u/s" he's only gone to the 13wk one (the 1st tri screening one) and then the 18-20wk gender scan.

he wasn't with me for the 2 m/c u/s.