PDA

View Full Version : Horrible WAHM knitter

Daesania
12-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I contracted to have her knit a pair of longies in March. Got them back perfectly in like 3 weeks. Hired her again in May since she needed money bad, so i paid 90 dollars plus the yarn. Its now 7 months later and I have no longies. its excuse after excuse after excuse. I was in her town this last black friday (out of town visiting family) and we were supposed to meet up. The day before she texts me and says she's still not done. I give her a final ultimatum and said to mail them out monday finished or unfinished, i dont care anymore, i just want my expensive yarn back. Its now thursday and I dont have the package and I know for a fact it only takes 2-3 days to ship from her area to Florida. I've text her 3 times and no response.

Lovely Momma
12-01-2011, 01:14 PM
That sucks!! I'm sorry your having such a rotten experience especially since I know you personally knit beautifully! !

Can you share the knitters name if they are here so we know to stay away from her?

KandFsMomma
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
That sucks!! I'm sorry your having such a rotten experience especially since I know you personally knit beautifully! !

Can you share the knitters name if they are here so we know to stay away from her?

No, she can't share the name. She can alert a Mod though.

OP, I'm sorry, that is terrible! You can get the police involved though, if you have a paper trail. Or maybe just tell said Wahm that you will be involving them?

stevensmom
12-01-2011, 01:22 PM
yep if it's through here she can alert a mod....but she can not "out" a person on here

myajdw
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I've had that happen to me before. I did manage to get most of my yarn back. I happened to know she kept enough for a NB pair of longies though after I saw another mama selling them, the yarn was hand dyed by me so I recognized it *sigh*.

Daesania
12-01-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll have to see if she does business on here to alert a mod. I do see FSOTs knit by her in previous threads, so maybe she does.

percussionsmith
12-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Ohhh, all of this is just :yuck:

fish3737
12-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll have to see if she does business on here to alert a mod. I do see FSOTs knit by her in previous threads, so maybe she does.

Even if she the transaction wasn't on here but she does frequent DS - the mods can help you.

Contact them.

I had a SPOTs trade/purchase go badly and the mods here looked up her information only to find that other mamas were having issues here too - they emailed her on all our behalfs and marked her avi accordingly.

ddcmommy
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
This makes me sad. I hope you get them back soon.

Crow Mountain Crafts
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with a WAHM knitter before. I guess there are just bad apples in every batch. Sorry you are having to go through this though.

I_run_with_scissors
12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
thats awful :(

Kristi26
12-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Any sort of update? Have you gotten them back yet?

BuggaBuggaBoutique
12-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm so sorry that is happening :(

KumfyKozies
12-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Yikes! I'm so sorry!
I'm wondering if this isn't the dying/knitting WAHM that A LOT of us know scammed people this spring (specifically April/May) and has since disappeared(or at least stopped responding to contact. She's around and publishing copy-cat knitting patterns and deleting the comments outing her fraud, but she's poofed from here, HC, etc). :headscratch:

AshleyLD
12-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Im ss mama! I would contact a Mod though

sbbeana
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
:( I hope she makes it right with you.

shoopmommy
12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I contracted to have her knit a pair of longies in March. Got them back perfectly in like 3 weeks. Hired her again in May since she needed money bad, so i paid 90 dollars plus the yarn. Its now 7 months later and I have no longies. its excuse after excuse after excuse. I was in her town this last black friday (out of town visiting family) and we were supposed to meet up. The day before she texts me and says she's still not done. I give her a final ultimatum and said to mail them out monday finished or unfinished, i dont care anymore, i just want my expensive yarn back. Its now thursday and I dont have the package and I know for a fact it only takes 2-3 days to ship from her area to Florida. I've text her 3 times and no response.

Oh mama I am so sorry I have actually had this happen to me I hired someone to make me 3 pairs of shorties over the spring/summer they were great and received fast then I sent some yarn and paid for longies to make for the fall this was in June I still haven't gotten my yarn back but did get my refund through pp...Please PM me your size for your LO and gender and your mailing address I would like to knit you a pair of longies on me :hugs:

ddcmommy
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Sweet mama^^