PDA

View Full Version : Is my baby still the baby??

Hskirball7
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Ok, so I know I'm hormonal, but it's bothering me that everyone keeps saying I can't call my 20 mo son my baby anymore since I'm preggo. He will always be my baby and having another isn't going to change that!

Anyone else dealing with this?

mommyamb
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok, so I know I'm hormonal, but it's bothering me that everyone keeps saying I can't call my 20 mo son my baby anymore since I'm preggo. He will always be my baby and having another isn't going to change that!

Anyone else dealing with this?

I understand. I still call my 2 yr. old my baby. And all my kids, even my 13 yr. old, have heard me say over and over that they'll always be my babies.

LuvMyKs2010
01-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Because they always will be your babies. Even when they are grown and have kids of their own...I tell my 5.5 y/o that she's still my baby too.

dkg354boy2
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I tell my 16yr old he is my baby.

scrapandsewon
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
My parents still say I'm their baby!
And my oldest baby is almost 15!

rosenfried2
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
My parents still say I'm their baby!
And my oldest baby is almost 15!

Yes. My mom still calls me her baby!

babylovinmama
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
You can certainly call him your baby! My 2nd and 3rd are 15mo apart and I called them "the babies" until they were about 4 & 5 :blush:

hohaas
01-20-2012, 07:44 PM
My babies will always be my babies no matter how old they are!

steffyjolove
01-20-2012, 09:08 PM
R u worried he wont feel like your baby anymore once you have two, lots of mama's have a huge guilt feeling knowing the unknown is coming that makes mama's sad. But you will be great. There will probably be tears of guilt for your son butyou will then feel the happiness and completeness that you have two babies, and no one can tell u any different.

solarbabies
01-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I still call my DD baby...all the time! DH does too. She is only 19 mths old but I guess I should start calling her my big girl since we will have a baby soon. But, she will always be my baby! I just need to stop referring to her as baby I suppose. I don't know how though....maybe when she is 10 or so and I do it in front of her friends and she tells me to stop embarrassing her :giggle:

mommyamb
01-21-2012, 07:18 AM
R u worried he wont feel like your baby anymore once you have two, lots of mama's have a huge guilt feeling knowing the unknown is coming that makes mama's sad. But you will be great. There will probably be tears of guilt for your son butyou will then feel the happiness and completeness that you have two babies, and no one can tell u any different.

I remember when I was expecting #2 feeling so overwhelmed. I was so in love with my little guy, it was hard to fathom loving another one that much. And he was so little, I felt a little guilty.
But I can tell you, the love that came for the next baby was amazing. And the dynamics between those two- there is a strong bond. They are my two that have never had sibling rivalry. They are good friends. He is her protector. They are partners in all kinds of fun. Even as they get older, I see that they remain good friends.
And he is STILL my baby. Sometimes I look at him and feel overwhelmed with both happiness and kind of wanting to cry, he's getting so big. I still see him as his sweet baby self. Yet, he's growing into a young man, and a really nice one. He's almost taller than me now, and his back and shoulders have taken on the look of a teenager- no longer a little boy.

Hskirball7
01-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I remember when I was expecting #2 feeling so overwhelmed. I was so in love with my little guy, it was hard to fathom loving another one that much. And he was so little, I felt a little guilty.
But I can tell you, the love that came for the next baby was amazing. And the dynamics between those two- there is a strong bond. They are my two that have never had sibling rivalry. They are good friends. He is her protector. They are partners in all kinds of fun. Even as they get older, I see that they remain good friends.
And he is STILL my baby. Sometimes I look at him and feel overwhelmed with both happiness and kind of wanting to cry, he's getting so big. I still see him as his sweet baby self. Yet, he's growing into a young man, and a really nice one. He's almost taller than me now, and his back and shoulders have taken on the look of a teenager- no longer a little boy.

Love your post! Made me cry! :0)

shortcake2386
01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
lol i still call my girls (5 and 3) my baby♥ im hoping kai (20 months right now) will be "ok" with the new baby. he loves his mommy and doesnt like me to hold or hug his sisters when he is tired:hide:

Hskirball7
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM

I have felt guilty, yes. Way alot in the beginning of this pg; not as much now. I think it's bothering me how much we feel needs to be accomplished with DS before DD gets here...PLing, switching rooms...

I know I will adore this baby too, tho, so that helps!