PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had anaemia while pregnant?

QHoneyB
02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Has anyone here had anaemia with any pregnancy before? I'm thinking of going to the doctor this week to get checked. They said they'd be doing the hemoglobin test during the next appointment, but that isn't until the 27th of Feb. I've had a few heart palpitations, but I kind of figured out I got them after eating salty foods so I refrained. But starting yesterday afternoon my chest just feels a bit heavy. Not painful, but not normal either. Sometimes it goes away, but it comes back again. It especially happens after I bend down and get back up again too fast, so I'm careful of that. I had none of these problems with my
previous pregnancy, so I'm not sure what's going on. Figured it's better to get checked. But Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here, so my OB isn't in, so I'll have to wait until Wed. at least.

Any experiences or advice?? Thanks!!

fluffybunsdiapers
02-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Has anyone here had anaemia with any pregnancy before? I'm thinking of going to the doctor this week to get checked. They said they'd be doing the hemoglobin test during the next appointment, but that isn't until the 27th of Feb. I've had a few heart palpitations, but I kind of figured out I got them after eating salty foods so I refrained. But starting yesterday afternoon my chest just feels a bit heavy. Not painful, but not normal either. Sometimes it goes away, but it comes back again. It especially happens after I bend down and get back up again too fast, so I'm careful of that. I had none of these problems with my
previous pregnancy, so I'm not sure what's going on. Figured it's better to get checked. But Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here, so my OB isn't in, so I'll have to wait until Wed. at least.

Any experiences or advice?? Thanks!!

I did and sometimes do normally, but I just feel very sleepy, never hungry and sometimes out of breath easily, I made sure to have plenty of protein and stay hydrated....gl Honey.

QHoneyB
02-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks, Alicia. I'm still debating whether to go in or not, I'd rather not pay for an additional appointment if not necessary, you know? I'm feeling better now after a good dinner. I think for the next few days I'll just be sure to get plenty of protein and make sure to have something with vitamin C at every meal to help digest the iron better and see how I feel. Maybe I've just forgotten how tiring early pregnancy can be!

2beauties
02-05-2012, 07:05 AM
I have been exhausted! But I think its just growing that baby in the beginning! If you think you need checked I would just do what you think is best.

el's mama
02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I was anemic during my last pregnancy. I took supplements. I did drops because they're more effective for me but they're more expensive too. Your Dr. will probably prescribe a supplement and then retest your levels.

yankeesundbound
02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I did, but it wasn't caught until my 12 week appt, they told me to take iron pills. I don't eat meat or much else that contains iron, so that contributed. This time I'm not as sleppy, and have been eating a bowl of oatmeal every morning. The midwife told me not to start on the pills again without my first blood test.