PDA

View Full Version : Weekly chat feb 20th

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Ladies can you believe that February has almost come as gone? Taking with it our first trimesters (for most) yay!!! I'm so excited to be entering this stage with you ladies!!!

Who's planning on knitting for this little one? How many team greens do we have??? Can you believe that we will be finding out the gender within the next month??? So crazy!!!

I hope everyone is having a great morning!!

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Lori: I'm praying for you!! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

On another somber note, today was my angel babies due date. My heart aches for the little one I should be holding.

NorwexMa
02-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Team green so far here. Tempted to find out this time...we'll see.

Got a busy week this week. Wedding guests to feed Thurs nite, and a home party 2 hours (on way) away on Friday nite, so prolly staying at some relatives overnite. Prolly won't have too much time to keep up with the thread this week.

Good luck ladies!

My3Sons
02-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I am so excited about Feb. coming to an end. I have been told that at my next appointment which is March 2 they are going to try and see what I am having. YAY! I wish I knew how to knit because I would be, but I am clueless.

amandajiggles
02-20-2012, 08:19 AM
This month has been flying by! I hate to wish away my pregnancy but I just want to be holding this baby in my arms.

We are team green for now but I've been feeling girl all along. The baking soda test confirmed it :) I don't get to find out until April 3rd. I have already knitted up a girly ear flap hat for coming home, I'll knit up a boyish one if we find out it's a boy. I would love to be team green but DD had complications with her ovaries in utero and we need to make sure if it's a girl that we catch it as it could cause a bowel obstruction or worse. I'll take pics of the hat with my stash once I get a chance this afternoon.. since DH thinks I'm a nutjob for taking a pic of diapers, I need to do it before he gets home this afternoon.

amandajiggles
02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
I am so excited about Feb. coming to an end. I have been told that at my next appointment which is March 2 they are going to try and see what I am having. YAY! I wish I knew how to knit because I would be, but I am clueless.

I'm so jealous you get to find out a month before me! If we find out we're having a boy and you're having a girl.. I'll gladly send you my girly knitted hat:)

Beaner's Mom
02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm finding out! The idea of waiting it out seems awesome to me, but I'm just not that patient. Maybe I could if I already had one of each...

I think, though, with the timing of my appointments, I won't get to find out until my April visit. :(

I knit (very slowly and clumsily) and crochet. I'm tempted to work on some wool shorties and longies, but there's so much going one right now, it is hard to find the time.

Christina
02-20-2012, 08:57 AM
My next appt is March 9th for a regular check up and then 2 weeks after that I'll have my 20 week scan and we'll get to find out what we are having hopefully.

I took a knitting class a few years ago and couldn't learn to knit to save my life! lol I'll leave the knitting to the professionals and I'll gladly pay for it.

Doing better this morning. My bleeding didn't last long at all yesterday and I feel really good today. I called my OB this morning and we've all come to the conclusion that it was just from having sex that morning and as long as the bleeding doesn't come back they can wait to see me at my next appt. They told me no more sex for a while! lol Well since DH is going to be gone for the next month I don't think that will be a problem. No lifting anything heavy, nothing strenuous for a while. All things I think I can handle.

Christina
02-20-2012, 08:58 AM
On another somber note, today was my angel babies due date. My heart aches for the little one I should be holding.

:hugs:

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
My next apt is march 6th and hopefully soon after I will have my anatomy scan. I can't wait to find out! I'm not huge on surprises as I love to be prepared!

I just taught myself how to knit by using YouTube lol. I've been crocheting since I was young so I'm still a little awkward but I'm hoping to knit for this little one.

Lori I'm praying hard for you!!

FerventlyDreaming
02-20-2012, 09:45 AM

So sorry mama I know it must be a hard day :hugs:

I feel like I have gotten really behind on everything and I am hoping to catch up this week. School work is behind not to mention the house work. Right now I just keep thinking about names. We are thinking Abigail, Charlotte, or Audrey. What is your vote of the three?

Christina
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
We are thinking Abigail, Charlotte, or Audrey. What is your vote of the three?

LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlotte, that's our girl name. :mrgreen: So that's my vote. :giggle:

amandajiggles
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I second Charlotte! Ours is perfect!

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I third Charlotte!! Such a beautiful name!!

boogamama
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I'll be knitting for this little one. I have a rather large stash of girly wool yarn, but not a whole lot of boyish yarn. So, I guess you could say I've been hoping that this baby is a girl, judging by the colorway choices in my yarn stash. :giggle:

boogamama
02-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I like the name Abigail best of your choices. Charlotte is a cute name, too, and would be my second choice.

My top 3 girl names are: Evangeline, Emily, and Anneliese. Anyone care to weigh in on my name choices? :)

boogamama
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM

:hugs:

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
My top 3 girl names are: Evangeline, Emily, and Anneliese. Anyone care to weigh in on my name choices? :)

Anneliese is gorgeous!! Evangeline would be my second choice. Mostly because I had a roommate named Emily and she was terrible lol.

myall4him2
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
We find out the gender in 9 days! CAN NOT wait!!!!!! EEKKKK!!!

We went and got dd a mattress today. I'm very pleased with the purchase! I'm always scared of spending a large sum of money, don't know why, it just makes me nervous. So today I told dh what kind of mattress I was looking for and the price I wanted to spend (I knew it would be hard to find). We went to the store and found a mattress I liked for dd but it was the max I wanted to spend and didn't include taxes, so they agreed to discount it enough so it would be the price I wanted to spend even after taxes were included. I'm thrilled with the purchase! :) DD is excited about her big girl bed! :wub:

I've been so dizzy lately! I made the family pancakes today (dh has off from work today) and after I made them pancakes I went and laid back in bed b/c I was so dizzy and ended up falling asleep again.

We have plans to go and purchase some fish later. I made an agreement with the kids that if they let me get rid of the cat I would buy them more fish lol So we were able to find the cat a loving home! :yay: We are officially pet free! I was allergic to the cat and tired of dealing with the allergy. I don't want ANY more pets, EVER (besides fish lol). DH and the kids are pushing for a dog to live outside, but I would feel bad for the dog living out in the extreme GA heat and then cold winter, and that dog will NOT come in this house. So the answer is NO dog, NO pets! NONE! :)

Now that I've rambled....I'll stop now :)

Christina
02-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Love Anneliese, that's my favorite of your 3.

My3Sons
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm so jealous you get to find out a month before me! If we find out we're having a boy and you're having a girl.. I'll gladly send you my girly knitted hat:)

So sweet, thanks. I would love this one to be a girl but at this point I can't imagine having a girl. I think this is another boy, what a busy house I am going to have, lol.

My3Sons
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I like the name Abigail best of your choices. Charlotte is a cute name, too, and would be my second choice.

I really like the name Evangeline, a very pretty name.

FerventlyDreaming
02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I love Anneliese!

tomswifey
02-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Big hugs Andrea, I know how hard those due dates are sadly :( I wish no one had to go through that. I wouldn't have the two beautiful baby girls had I not gone through that tho so I try to stay positive. Many, many hugs!

Lots of prayers for you Lori, hoping all is well!

I like Charlotte, although they are all really pretty names. We have our picked for once ahead of the game. Madi was about 10 different names before she became Madilynn. We have a Katelynn Eveline and a Madilynn Emilee so if waddles is a girl she will be Britlynn Elizabeth and if waddles is a boy he will be Beckett Anthony :)

My top 3 girl names are: Evangeline, Emily, and Anneliese. Anyone care to weigh in on my name choices?
I lovee all three of those names but am kinda partial to Emily :)

We have 9 days till we find out Waddles sex and that's all I can think about these days :) I can't wait to know. We are adding onto our house and depending on what baby is will determine the placement of all the kiddos in their rooms and then I can start painting so I'm super ready to find out :) That's really it around here. I'm still losing weight and my bp was up at my last apt so I will stay with seeing my Dr. every two weeks. We have been going every two weeks from the beginning cause of the m/c's but were planning on going to once a month for the next two apts. I start to get really high anxiety right before my apts just from worrying so much so I'm glad we are staying with every 2 weeks. Hearing that sweet little heart beat calms me till my next apt :) I have started feeling little movements here and there but nothing consistent. Such an amazing feeling!

Christina
02-20-2012, 11:27 AM
If we have a girl her name will be Charlotte Louise (Louise is my grandmothers name) and if we have a boy Grayson Matthew (Matthew is DH's middle name)

boogamama
02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Okay, Drs. office just called, and the u/s tech will not be available on my original a/s date, so I moved it a week ahead! So, if all goes well, I'll know if this little one is a boy or girl on March 14th @ 19 weeks!! Hooray!:lostit:

momomom
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I LOVE EVANGELINE! My girl name is Ivy, and if it was girl twins, it would be Ivy and Evangeline. Evangeline would be my NEXT girl name if we had another. Boy name is probably Blaise.

Last baby was a surprise, but I *thought* it was a girl. We are moving 9 weeks b4 this one is due, so I will want to know the sex so I can declutter the other sex's clothing stash. Also, I just need to be prepared! Dh always wants a surprise, and he got is with ds#2. He knows how much I need the prep time.

ssqueakert
02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
My next apt is march 6th and hopefully soon after I will have my anatomy scan. I can't wait to find out! I'm not huge on surprises as I love to be prepared!

I just taught myself how to knit by using YouTube lol. I've been crocheting since I was young so I'm still a little awkward but I'm hoping to knit for this little one.

Lori I'm praying hard for you!!

We're totally planning to find out the gender - the ultrasound apt is scheduled for the third week in March...it seems so far away! I'm a little scared of another girl (DD is sooo much more needy than DS was), but do think it would be awesome for her to have a little sister close in age.

That's awesome that you taught yourself to knit with youtube! I've been wanting to learn to crochet (did it in like middle school a million years ago), but haven't had the chance to really try to re-learn it. The crochet patterns look so confusing too (but I'm sure they wouldn't be with some knowledge of it). Someday... =)

jemilyon
02-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Mm I like Audrey and then Charlotte :)

Hmm, I'm partial to Emily as that is my name :) I really like it a lot, too.

I think we are going (after all that debate between Sylvia and Maya!) with Fiona Rose. So we will have Joshua, Gianna, and Fiona. I think they sound nice together :)

Oh and knitting! I can knit but I have zero patience for it with my lifestyle right now. I just don't have the time!!

jemilyon
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I LOVE EVANGELINE! My girl name is Ivy, and if it was girl twins, it would be Ivy and Evangeline. Evangeline would be my NEXT girl name if we had another. Boy name is probably Blaise.

Ivy is pretty and very unique.
If we have a girl her name will be Charlotte Louise (Louise is my grandmothers name) and if we have a boy Grayson Matthew (Matthew is DH's middle name)
Very Southern sounding! I LOVE that! I grew up in GA :) Matthew is one of my favorite boy names.

jemilyon
02-20-2012, 03:41 PM
We're totally planning to find out the gender - the ultrasound apt is scheduled for the third week in March...it seems so far away! I'm a little scared of another girl (DD is sooo much more needy than DS was), but do think it would be awesome for her to have a little sister close in age.

That's awesome that you taught yourself to knit with youtube! I've been wanting to learn to crochet (did it in like middle school a million years ago), but haven't had the chance to really try to re-learn it. The crochet patterns look so confusing too (but I'm sure they wouldn't be with some knowledge of it). Someday... =)
Yeah, me too. I had the same type of experience with ds being the easiest most laid back baby and then dd being...well...emo!!! She literally was wrapped on my chest or my back for the entire first year of her life.

My friends have had similar experiences between their boys and girls.

...that was the only reason I would have been happy to see a boy...but alas, we are on team pink! A sister for dd!!! :thumbsup:

MrsD
02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
:lostit: It's my 28th bday today! I got some pretty flowers from my mommy & am going to dinner with DH later. Plus, I got to book my trip home for Easter!! :lostit: So excited!!!!

I get to find out what we're having the first week of April. :yuck: So far away! :giggle:

boogamama
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
:lostit: It's my 28th bday today! I got some pretty flowers from my mommy & am going to dinner with DH later. Plus, I got to book my trip home for Easter!! :lostit: So excited!!!!

I get to find out what we're having the first week of April. :yuck: So far away! :giggle:

Happy Birthday!!:)

momomom
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
My ds's have been way more needy than my dd. I think it is much more personality than sex ;)!

Happy bday, Meagan!

Tomorrow is our 9th Anniversary and we are shopping and eating in Santa Fe by ourselves, my mom is here to take care of the kids. we haven't had a moment alone away from home since last May. So excited!!!

jemilyon
02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
My ds's have been way more needy than my dd. I think it is much more personality than sex ;)!

Happy bday, Meagan!

Tomorrow is our 9th Anniversary and we are shopping and eating in Santa Fe by ourselves, my mom is here to take care of the kids. we haven't had a moment alone away from home since last May. So excited!!!

I HOPE SO!!!! :banghead:

Yeah, happy birthday Meag!

Happy ann, Maureen!

Happy day to you all!

It's my sewing night!!!!! :goodvibes::goodvibes:

momomom
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I just used my neti pot. The water was kinda too hot, but I thought o well, it doesn't hurt. Like 5 minuted later my face is all super red and hot. Do you think that is normal? At first I thought it was hives, but I haven't eaten anything unusual.

I hope it goes away. I'm all for rosy cheeks, but this is crazy.

amandajiggles
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Ouch Mo! Hope it goes away... my skin is super sensitive to hot water and since I'm white as a ghost you see ANY little red I can only imagine the burning/hot sensation.

I've never used a neti pot but I think it's supposed to be quite warm. Perhaps there is a fine line. Good luck & happy anniversary

Christina
02-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Hot water in the nose, that doesn't sound fun! I hope it gets better soon. I know the sinuses are so sensitive I bet the hot water irritated them a little. I've never used a neti pot though, I have wanted too but all of those news stories freaked me out and I haven't bought one.

myall4him2
02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm starting to feel like crap again like at the beginning of this pregnancy. Very weak, extremely exhausted (I think I slept most of today!), very small appetite, and same taste I had in my mouth when I was this since at 6 weeks preggo.

What gives?! :cry:

Christina
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm starting to feel like crap again like at the beginning of this pregnancy. Very weak, extremely exhausted (I think I slept most of today!), very small appetite, and same taste I had in my mouth when I was this since at 6 weeks preggo.

:hugs: I hope you feel better soon. I'm with you on the exhausted though, but I haven't stopped being exhausted.

momomom
02-20-2012, 07:11 PM

You poor thing! Can you handle ginger anything? I am finding that drinking ginger tea as soon as I feel nauseous really helps these days. It grossed me out during the first tri, but now I don't mind the taste and it IS pretty magical!

momomom
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Hot water in the nose, that doesn't sound fun! I hope it gets better soon. I know the sinuses are so sensitive I bet the hot water irritated them a little. I've never used a neti pot though, I have wanted too but all of those news stories freaked me out and I haven't bought one.

Dude- what news stories? My doc- very mainstream- and midwife- very crunchy- are both very pro-neti pot!

Christina
02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Dude- what news stories? My doc- very mainstream- and midwife- very crunchy- are both very pro-neti pot!

There have been like 3 people die after using Neti Pots. Now I know they probably used tap water or didn't clean it or something but that scared the crap out of me. Kind of like I'll never swim in a pond again after those people that got water up their nose after swimming in a pond and got ameobas in the brain. :yuck: Yes, I'm weird!:giggle::giggle:

alliecatn1
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Ladies can you believe that February has almost come as gone? Taking with it our first trimesters (for most) yay!!! I'm so excited to be entering this stage with you ladies!!!

Who's planning on knitting for this little one? How many team greens do we have??? Can you believe that we will be finding out the gender within the next month??? So crazy!!!

I hope everyone is having a great morning!!
I'm crocheting for this LO. I can knit, but not as well so I'll stay away from the knitting! I'm team green :-) I think it's soo exciting to hear what you all are having though!! I'm sorry about today. I'm sure your angel baby is in a great place :-)

So sorry mama I know it must be a hard day :hugs:

I feel like I have gotten really behind on everything and I am hoping to catch up this week. School work is behind not to mention the house work. Right now I just keep thinking about names. We are thinking Abigail, Charlotte, or Audrey. What is your vote of the three?
Audrey is my fave, followed by Abigail (though quite popular) then Charlotte (I've had odd experiences with Charlottes).

Anneliese is my face of those, Evangeline is my grandma-in-law; sweet as can be, but a little nutty ;-)
Loovvveeee Grayson!! I was actually just thinking about that one last night :-)

Happy birthday!!!
I just used my neti pot. The water was kinda too hot, but I thought o well, it doesn't hurt. Like 5 minuted later my face is all super red and hot. Do you think that is normal? At first I thought it was hives, but I haven't eaten anything unusual.

Was it boiled, distilled or straight tap water? It doesn't need to be hot by any means, they just say warm so it isn't too cold or hot so it isn't uncomfortable. Temp has little effect on how well it works. Are you feeling better now?

I had some sweet tea today at work... holy wired!! I ran myself ragged while working, was still full of energy then talked (100mph) to my husband for the hour I drove home. I then played with our dogs until they passed out! Whew! I guess that's what happens when you don't have caffeine for a while :-)

Oh! I also tried the rice water! It actually helped an ton (FYI, it just tastes a bit like rice... I've been thinking about adding a lil soy sauce, hehe). I'll be passing that trick on to my friends that are currently in the throws of ms!

alliecatn1
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM

There have been like 3 people die after using Neti Pots. Now I know they probably used tap water or didn't clean it or something but that scared the crap out of me. Kind of like I'll never swim in a pond again after those people that got water up their nose after swimming in a pond and got ameobas in the brain. :yuck: Yes, I'm weird!:giggle::giggle:

Neti pot is wonderful! The two people that died (last I heard it was two, but it may be more) used straight tap water in their neti pot and their tap water was contaminated so they got an infection that killed them. If you use distilled water or boil water (then let it cool!) it kills all of that. It's actually in the instructions, but I hadn't ever paid attention until now. Don't be scared by that, it's a great option and much better than antibiotics or OTC drugs!

Christina
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Neti pot is wonderful! The two people that died (last I heard it was two, but it may be more) used straight tap water in their neti pot and their tap water was contaminated so they got an infection that killed them. If you use distilled water or boil water (then let it cool!) it kills all of that. It's actually in the instructions, but I hadn't ever paid attention until now. Don't be scared by that, it's a great option and much better than antibiotics or OTC drugs!

I've actually really wanted to try it so if I use distilled it would be ok?

Do you thin a neti pot would help with my excess snot?? Whenever I'm pregnant I can tell even before I take a test because my body starts to produce a TON of extra snot and doesn't stop until I give birth. Like I will wake up in the middle of the night and there is like a landslide of snot running down my throat, gross yes but it happens to me every day.
Do you think a neti pot would help?

pkaskaggs
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM

jeez! way to sanitize yourself from the inside out :)

MommyKeller0107
02-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Just wanted to update.

Went to the ER and there is a bleed behind the placenta. I'm still bleeding now, but baby is okay, Thank God.

Christina
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to update.

Went to the ER and there is a bleed behind the placenta. I'm still bleeding now, but baby is okay, Thank God.

:hugs: So glad baby is ok.

andyoly82
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Oh thank God!!! I've been praying so hard for you!! I was hoping that's what it was. I had that early on. Good news is that thy heal themselves!! I'll keep you in my prayers!!!

MommyKeller0107
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
We had a SCH in the beginning, but it had resolved.. I guess this one developed, or they missed it? I'm not sure.. but I am so, so relieved. We got a nub shot from the U/S tech at the ER (he had been through 3 m/c and was very slow and understanding during his u/s) - and the people at In-gender think its girly ;) I'm hoping so!

momomom
02-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to update.

This happens to me EVERY PREGNANCY! So scary. I'm glad you are doing better. I'm sorta waiting for my turn. Always happens between 9 and 20 weeks.

My mom actually thinks the red face is windburn and I just noticed it after I used the neti pot. The wind here was awful today and we took a walk in it. I'm thinking she's right.

I use boiled and cooled water in mine though my doctor says tap water is fine. I add 1/2 t baking soda and 1/2 t pink himalayan salt in each pot.

YES it will help your landslide snotty nose!!! That was really gross but funny :). I highly recommend the neti-pot.

Glad the rice water worked. I add ginger and stevia so I never notice the rice taste, but we also drink Mexican orchata and other sweet rice drinks, so the rice taste doesn't bug me.

marthathecakelady
02-20-2012, 10:21 PM
AUGH!!!! You guys ------ I forgot it was Monday and a new thread day!!! I hate when I get behind and its only because I forget to find the new thread! LOL

momomom
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
And can I just say I think I ate 5 or 6 complete meals today??????

marthathecakelady
02-20-2012, 10:29 PM
So sweet, thanks. I would love this one to be a girl but at this point I can't imagine having a girl. I think this is another boy, what a busy house I am going to have, lol.

When I meet a mama of boys one of my first thoughts is often.... "When you get your daughters they will be past the teenage angst!" Mothers of sons can look forward to daughters at weddings! :)

tazzae
02-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Wow, by the time I saw this new thread it was 4 pages long!

Lori: so glad to hear baby is okay.

I'm a novice knitter; dd learned as part of the 1st grade curriculum and I didn't want to be left behind lol. I'll try my hand at some newborn shorties and, if that goes well, longies for fall/winter.

I got some good news babywise this evening: the sequenom genetic test came back negative for trisomomy 13,18 and 21. So, we now know the high nt wasn't due to downs syndrome.

alliecatn1
02-20-2012, 11:38 PM
I've actually really wanted to try it so if I use distilled it would be ok?

Do you thin a neti pot would help with my excess snot?? Whenever I'm pregnant I can tell even before I take a test because my body starts to produce a TON of extra snot and doesn't stop until I give birth. Like I will wake up in the middle of the night and there is like a landslide of snot running down my throat, gross yes but it happens to me every day.
Do you think a neti pot would help?
Yup! I would suggest using the packets that generally come with the neti pot that make the water a saline solution to really help with the issue (plain water may not do quite enough). Good luck! It feels funny while you do it, but just focus on breathing through your mouth (reminds me a lot of the first time snorkeling! Lol). It's great for excess mucous, allergies, sinus congestion (keeps away most sinus infections too!), nasal dryness, and cold symptoms.
Just wanted to update.

So glad to hear good news! Take care of yourself and get some rest. I bet today was waayyyy too long!

This happens to me EVERY PREGNANCY! So scary. I'm glad you are doing better. I'm sorta waiting for my turn. Always happens between 9 and 20 weeks.

My mom actually thinks the red face is windburn and I just noticed it after I used the neti pot. The wind here was awful today and we took a walk in it. I'm thinking she's right.

I use boiled and cooled water in mine though my doctor says tap water is fine. I add 1/2 t baking soda and 1/2 t pink himalayan salt in each pot.

YES it will help your landslide snotty nose!!! That was really gross but funny :). I highly recommend the neti-pot.

Glad the rice water worked. I add ginger and stevia so I never notice the rice taste, but we also drink Mexican orchata and other sweet rice drinks, so the rice taste doesn't bug me.
I would skip plain tap water just to be safe :-) Why the baking soda? I've never heard that one before! The rice water just tasted a little bland (it is rice water after all!), but I didn't try stevia. I also didn't add much salt or ginger (I was a little chicken to be honest!). I did garlic salt tonight and that was pretty good. I've been tempted to add some chicken bouillon too to make it more soupy. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again for the rice water though, I think it's really helping :-D

andyoly82
02-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Lori: A girl how exciting!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Tara: yay!!! So maybe whatever it is will resolve itself. I'll keep praying!!

It's 845 I still have a sleeping baby, my house is spotless, laundry is all done, I had time to do my hair and put on makeup this am and we have playgroup in 15 min lol. I think we might be late. My inlaws are coming today and DH is taking me to a Miranda Lambert concert tonight and I have a spa day tomorrow!!!! In laws will be here until Saturday. Ugh.

My3Sons
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
When I meet a mama of boys one of my first thoughts is often.... "When you get your daughters they will be past the teenage angst!" Mothers of sons can look forward to daughters at weddings! :)

I love this idea but I also love the idea of raising a daughter and having the mother/ daughter bond. My boys are so sweet and I would love to have another boy I would just like to have a girl in the mix somewhere.

girlichick
02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Mm I like Audrey and then Charlotte :)

Hmm, I'm partial to Emily as that is my name :) I really like it a lot, too.

I think we are going (after all that debate between Sylvia and Maya!) with Fiona Rose. So we will have Joshua, Gianna, and Fiona. I think they sound nice together :)

Oh and knitting! I can knit but I have zero patience for it with my lifestyle right now. I just don't have the time!!

Love those names. Gianna and Joshua are always on our list. :). Our girls are Ave, (pronounced Ah-vay) Elise, Angelina Caeli, and Abigail Therese. If this next one is a girl too, I am liking Isabella Rose. But not totally sure yet... I will prob rule out more A names first.. I feel like I have used them all up! Audrey is really pretty though.

Our son is named Matthew Joseph, Matthew is DHs middle name and Joseph is my dads name. I have NO idea what we will use if we have a boy. None!

girlichick
02-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Lori: I'm praying for you!! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Aww. :( Take care of yourself today mama. Our DD's due date was a very hard time for me this year.

eguisgirl
02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I have read through the posts and am glad thst most everyone seems to be doiong well!!
Lori and Christine, I am praying for your bleed to resolve. I know how scary that can be.
Mo, I am happy you are eating well and feeling better!
Heather, I wish you weree feeling better.
happy bday Mrs D!
Tara, that is encouraging news!!!

AFM, I am feeling better but did throw up on Saturday. Random! I took the boys to Portland and Vancouver, WA this weekend to stay with my stepmama and hang with my sister. It was an amazing time and I got to hit up a few yarns stores in PDX.

While I was gone my wonderful husband put hardwood floors in downstairs. My house looks so pretty!! I may try and post a pic. My mom also bought us a Chicco Keyfit carseat travel system with 2 bases. Woo Woo!!! It is absolutely perfect!!!

I am knitting for my little man. Right now I am making a side buttoning sweater. I can't remember the name of it. I also picked up some adorable owl buttons and wooden buttons in Portland.

Today I have a dentist appointment and must clean the house and do some laundry. Not super exciting but it has to be done.

eguisgirl
02-21-2012, 08:55 AM
P.S. We are thinking about names, too. The middle name is already chosen- I like Hebrew middle names. :). We are still contemplating about the first name. We are thinking a family name like Venis (sounds like Dennis, not pen!$). It is my late grandpa's name and we could call him Vennie. It would go well with our other boys' names and it is easy to spell and sound out in both of our languages. Other names I have liked butt have been shot down are Gaspar and Esai. I still really like Gaspar but it sounds horrible in English. Lol

jemilyon
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Glad to see everyones good news!!

I had a dream last night we were in our new house. I want it so badly it is hard to believe we are really going to make it happen.

Im feeling more myself lately, im happy to report!! I hope all of you are as well! :)

MommyKeller0107
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
P.S. We are thinking about names, too. The middle name is already chosen- I like Hebrew middle names. :). We are still contemplating about the first name. We are thinking a family name like Venis (sounds like Dennis, not pen!$). It is my late grandpa's name and we could call him Vennie. It would go well with our other boys' names and it is easy to spell and sound out in both of our languages. Other names I have liked butt have been shot down are Gaspar and Esai. I still really like Gaspar but it sounds horrible in English. Lol

Love the names :thumbsup: Vennie would be so cute!!

marthathecakelady
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
we don't even think about names till we find out what we are having! LOL. Too much work!! I would rather narrow it down by half first! :giggle2:

jemilyon
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
we don't even think about names till we find out what we are having! LOL. Too much work!! I would rather narrow it down by half first! :giggle2:
and speaking of half, you are almost to the halfway point!

marthathecakelady
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM
and speaking of half, you are almost to the halfway point!

I KNOW!!! Woohoo! :) Although I have a ton of things I want to get done in the next 22 weeks!

jemilyon
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
I just want to make it through the rest of winter!!! :( This happens to me every year in Feb. I've had enough!!!!

momomom
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I have heard never to use water without salt in the neti pot. I've always used the salt- feels so good. I'm not sure why bk soda, but many of the packets have it in there, too. Both help the water wash away germs from the mucus membrane and are moisturizing, like the saline you use in your eyes or on your contacts. Er, I think that's right, right?

So today I FINALLY MET MY MIDWIFE! It was only my 2nd prenatal appointment (I 'fired' my ob after my 8 week intake appt.), got measured, heard the heartbeat, etc. I will have a sono at 18 weeks to confirm a good placental placement, and cannot wait to find out the sex. REALLY wanting another girl! And found out our insurance is required by law to cover her care.

I also think I found my new wedding ring, in our price range and everything, and got to eat at a wonderful restaurant without my kids- good day!

Dawn- I loved my hardwood in our old house. The house we're in currently has laminate wood flooring and it is YUCK.

Allie- seriously try ginger and stevia in the rice tea. The ginger makes it even more soothing on the tummy. But if savory is working for you, then that's awesome, too. I just loooove my ginger right now.

momomom
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Lynn- would you pronounce Gianna "JAHnna" (correct Italian, John-nuh) or Americanize it to "Gee-ahnna"??? Our friends pronounce it the American way and our other priest friend always corrects them- "It's JAHNNA!" It's a running joke amongst our friends. I think they are both pretty.

pkaskaggs
02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
mo - post a pic of the ring! this year will be 10 years for us and i want an 'upgrade' soooo bad! sometimes i feel superficial but it is REALLY important to me to have a beautiful ring that i'm proud of. plus, we were dirt broke when we married and it was always our plan to get something better when we could afford it.

right now, the hubs is out getting me a brownie fudge sundae! i have not sent him out for anything this pregnancy and it just sounded sooo good! plus, he is off tomorrow so i didn't feel too bad for asking :)

tomorrow...my oldest daughter turns 5. i can't believe how fast she has grown up. she is so excited to bring cupcakes up to her pre-school in the morning. she told me she was going to wear one of her church dresses to school....um, ok honey. i keep telling her that it will be 'her day' but i think i've created a monster! :)

alliecatn1
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I have heard never to use water without salt in the neti pot. I've always used the salt- feels so good. I'm not sure why bk soda, but many of the packets have it in there, too. Both help the water wash away germs from the mucus membrane and are moisturizing, like the saline you use in your eyes or on your contacts. Er, I think that's right, right?

So today I FINALLY MET MY MIDWIFE! It was only my 2nd prenatal appointment (I 'fired' my ob after my 8 week intake appt.), got measured, heard the heartbeat, etc. I will have a sono at 18 weeks to confirm a good placental placement, and cannot wait to find out the sex. REALLY wanting another girl! And found out our insurance is required by law to cover her care.

I also think I found my new wedding ring, in our price range and everything, and got to eat at a wonderful restaurant without my kids- good day!

Dawn- I loved my hardwood in our old house. The house we're in currently has laminate wood flooring and it is YUCK.

Allie- seriously try ginger and stevia in the rice tea. The ginger makes it even more soothing on the tummy. But if savory is working for you, then that's awesome, too. I just loooove my ginger right now.

Do you table salt? I've heard (but not 100%) that you should only use salt made for the neti pot, like, the packets. Perhaps it's the size of the grains/texture, iodine or other things in the table salt? So there is baking soda in the packst too? I guess I've never actually read them :-o Yup, saline in like contacts or IV fluids, it has salt ions (not the right word, but I can't think of the right one!) and some have other additives too based on the use and need.

I've never been a big ginger fan, but I can handle it. How much do you put in (say a cup of the water)? I don't have any stevia... Would plain sugar do the trick? I've never had a sweet mixture like that, so it's hard to wrap my head around what the flavor would be like. I'm willing to try though!

Ditto on the wedding ring pic, I wanna see too!

jemilyon
02-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Mo, I hadn't heard that we Americanize it by pronouncing it "gee-anna"!! So we've been doing it wrong all these years! LOL
I too would love to see the ring! I have been tempted to sell my ring. These days rings just don't matter as much to me as they used to and we could use the 5,000!! I would cash it in and buy a beautiful and relatively inexpensive vintage ring maybe in the art deco style :) Right now I have a 1 carat round solitaire that is colorless. A really beautiful diamond, but like I said it just doesn't mean what it used to mean to me!! Funny how we change over the years.
Allie, according to my chiropractor (aka my nutrition hero!) sugar is one of the worst things we can consume. He says that it ages us tremendously because it forces our bodies to work so hard to digest it. It's like shards of glass going through our systems. I think that may be why she recommended ginger or Stevia. Stevia is an herbal sweetener and doesn't effect the body in the way that refined sugar does.
And even in saying that I have not been too good at staying away from sugar lately!!!!! I know better!

DH has his first counseling appointment today. Please, Lord, let it help. I am at the end of my rope in so many ways. He's off today (currently working out) and I am planning ways I can not be home when he gets home. I just have no tolerance for his behavior as I am worn down enough.

Have a great day, ladies!!!!

My3Sons
02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
mo - post a pic of the ring! this year will be 10 years for us and i want an 'upgrade' soooo bad! sometimes i feel superficial but it is REALLY important to me to have a beautiful ring that i'm proud of. plus, we were dirt broke when we married and it was always our plan to get something better when we could afford it.

We just had our eight year anniversary and I also want an upgrade for our 10 year. I was 18 and my dh was 21 when we were married, neither of us had much money and I also want to be really proud of my ring.

momomom
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Allie- I never use table salt for the neti pot, cooking, anything. I get unrefined sea salt with all the trace minerals still intact. Table salt is highly refined and contains extra chemicals, so ya, it's a no-no for the neti pot.

Ditto on the sugar- it will worsen your nausea. Maybe a teaspoon of raw honey if you can't find stevia. Though any health food store should have a pure stevia-only extract. We never use sugar except on super-special occasions.

The ring we are looking at is about 3,000 but we will trade in 2 rings for scrap to them and bring the price down considerably. I've been wearing a plain band for 6 years b/c I lost my original ring ( I hated it, very uncomfy) in a move and we used the insurance money to make a laundry room- it was worth it! Also, the ring is valued more like 7,000 so it's a steal! Some perks to living near Santa Fe! These jewelers/ designers do custom work and ship all over the country at a huge markup, but here, there's no middle man so it's a rockin' place to buy a ring! The designer and maker is a super nice Swedish lady. I'll see if the pic from dh's phone will upload. I used to not care about a ring one bit, but lately it's become sort of symbolic to me as 10 years and more kids approach!!!

eguisgirl
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Love the names :thumbsup: Vennie would be so cute!!

Thanks! I am worried about school kids calling him pen!$, though- just because of the spelling. My grandpa's parents were from Norway so I am assuming it is a Norwegian name.

We already know we are having a boy. I had a sneak peak ultrasound last week. :)

Yay for meeting the midwife!!! :)
I should have clarified-- I actually got laminate from Costco. It is so pretty. I went back and forth between real hardwoods and hardwood laminate. I will have to take a photo so you can see. :) We did have some really cheap laminate before and it was YUCK! This one even has grains in the wood. :wub:

eguisgirl
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
P.S. Yes, Mo- post a pic of the ring!!! I want to see it, too.

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks! I am worried about school kids calling him pen!$, though- just because of the spelling. My grandpa's parents were from Norway so I am assuming it is a Norwegian name.

We already know we are having a boy. I had a sneak peak ultrasound last week. :)

Yay for meeting the midwife!!! :)
I should have clarified-- I actually got laminate from Costco. It is so pretty. I went back and forth between real hardwoods and hardwood laminate. I will have to take a photo so you can see. :) We did have some really cheap laminate before and it was YUCK! This one even has grains in the wood. :wub:

Our laminate is from Costco too. We love it! SO hardy! We have a cherry. but the older version (5 years ago) the new cherry is darker. We never ordered the trim pieces though! LOL. So our floor is still unfinished!

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 11:02 AM
So I have been trying the garlic thing for a yeast infection. I am officially giving up. Going to buy something at rite aid when I go to pick up dd from k-garten.

s2grace
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I've had two yeast infections this pregnancy and it's been awful! The only thing that will get rid of them are the 3-5 day packs. Gross, but whatever.It makes me NOT want to DTD because I seem to get one immediately afterward!

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I've had two yeast infections this pregnancy and it's been awful! The only thing that will get rid of them are the 3-5 day packs. Gross, but whatever.It makes me NOT want to DTD because I seem to get one immediately afterward!

Hey just so you know .... the DTD could be causing it! Men can get a yeast infection! and pass it to you. similar to how oral yeast infection (thrush) can pass back and forth between baby's mouth and mom's nipple if both aren't treated at the same time.... here's a link that talks about men's symptoms... http://www.home-remedies-yeast-infection.com/male-yeast-infection-symptoms.html

challmeyeralways
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
It is so fun to be hearing about names already :-) I love it! We are in the camp of ... wait till we know the sex and cut out half of the work.

Sorry to hear that the garlic did not work. That sounded so much easier than that nasty creamy stuff.

So, my hunny had a sweet tooth last night while we watched NCIS (he ate half a lemon meringue pie BY HIMSELF) and I decided to follow suit... I had chocolate MMMmmmm It was yummy! I only had like 4 pieces of that holiday candy (think hersheys kiss sized) but I felt like I was being naughty.

Well, Hope you all have a wonderful day. I think I am going to make some brownies for my Dh's birthday today. He is 30!

s2grace
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey just so you know .... the DTD could be causing it! Men can get a yeast infection! and pass it to you. similar to how oral yeast infection (thrush) can pass back and forth between baby's mouth and mom's nipple if both aren't treated at the same time.... here's a link that talks about men's symptoms... http://www.home-remedies-yeast-infection.com/male-yeast-infection-symptoms.html
ooohhhh! I'm going to love this conversation with DH!! hahahaha! We'll have to talk about it and I cannot wait to see his face when I start saying things like rub plain yogurt and garlic on it... ha!
but seriously, it's been like every time... I'm sure there's gotta be something going on.
It is so fun to be hearing about names already :-) I love it! We are in the camp of ... wait till we know the sex and cut out half of the work.

Sorry to hear that the garlic did not work. That sounded so much easier than that nasty creamy stuff.

So, my hunny had a sweet tooth last night while we watched NCIS (he ate half a lemon meringue pie BY HIMSELF) and I decided to follow suit... I had chocolate MMMmmmm It was yummy! I only had like 4 pieces of that holiday candy (think hersheys kiss sized) but I felt like I was being naughty.

Well, Hope you all have a wonderful day. I think I am going to make some brownies for my Dh's birthday today. He is 30!

I just bought some chips ahoy cookies... gonna break into them now! :)

s2grace
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
finally after three tries got my ticker! :) you gotta be smarter than the computer!

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Allie- I never use table salt for the neti pot, cooking, anything. I get unrefined sea salt with all the trace minerals still intact. Table salt is highly refined and contains extra chemicals, so ya, it's a no-no for the neti pot.

Ditto on the sugar- it will worsen your nausea. Maybe a teaspoon of raw honey if you can't find stevia. Though any health food store should have a pure stevia-only extract. We never use sugar except on super-special occasions.

The ring we are looking at is about 3,000 but we will trade in 2 rings for scrap to them and bring the price down considerably. I've been wearing a plain band for 6 years b/c I lost my original ring ( I hated it, very uncomfy) in a move and we used the insurance money to make a laundry room- it was worth it! Also, the ring is valued more like 7,000 so it's a steal! Some perks to living near Santa Fe! These jewelers/ designers do custom work and ship all over the country at a huge markup, but here, there's no middle man so it's a rockin' place to buy a ring! The designer and maker is a super nice Swedish lady. I'll see if the pic from dh's phone will upload. I used to not care about a ring one bit, but lately it's become sort of symbolic to me as 10 years and more kids approach!!!
Honey is a great idea! Isn't the truvia at the grocery store stevia?
So I have been trying the garlic thing for a yeast infection. I am officially giving up. Going to buy something at rite aid when I go to pick up dd from k-garten.
:-( sorry to hear it didn't work for you! Did you stab it with a fork/ knife so more of the oils could escape?
Boo! That's miserable! Did your doc okay the 3/5 day packs? Mine said no way, only 7 days (in fact, at the office we tell BFing moms to only use the 7 day pack). The 1,3 and 5s have a higher dosage of the med (okay in small doses for babies, but the higher doses are still considered unsafe).

Hey just so you know .... the DTD could be causing it! Men can get a yeast infection! and pass it to you. similar to how oral yeast infection (thrush) can pass back and forth between baby's mouth and mom's nipple if both aren't treated at the same time.... here's a link that talks about men's symptoms... http://www.home-remedies-yeast-infection.com/male-yeast-infection-symptoms.html (http://www.home-remedies-yeast-infection.com/male-yeast-infection-symptoms.html)
Haha, I totally gave one to DH :blush: I gave him a Monistat and vinegar mixture to use topically; worked like a charm! That is a really good point as to why she might keep getting them!

ooohhhh! I'm going to love this conversation with DH!! hahahaha! We'll have to talk about it and I cannot wait to see his face when I start saying things like rub plain yogurt and garlic on it... ha!
but seriously, it's been like every time... I'm sure there's gotta be something going on.

I just bought some chips ahoy cookies... gonna break into them now! :)
Mmmm! I think I have some Oreos hidden somewhere :-) And tonight we're having steak and cheesy mashed potatoes (DH is cooking, even better!). Today will be a happy food day!!

s2grace
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Boo! That's miserable! Did your doc okay the 3/5 day packs? Mine said no way, only 7 days (in fact, at the office we tell BFing moms to only use the 7 day pack). The 1,3 and 5s have a higher dosage of the med (okay in small doses for babies, but the higher doses are still considered unsafe).

Haha, I totally gave one to DH :blush: I gave him a Monistat and vinegar mixture to use topically; worked like a charm! That is a really good point as to why she might keep getting them!

I did it the three day one the first time then someone one here was talking about it and I FREAKED out and called my MW. they said it's ok. If I keep getting them I"ll go in and maybe do the 7 day one but maybe I just need to treat DH!

jemilyon
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Martha you and dh could benefit from acidopholus probiotics too! :thumbsup:

tazzae
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Shannon, I second (or is it third) the need to treat dh. My dh and I had the great joy of passing a yeast infection between us for quite a while before we figured this one out! :yuck:

Last night dh found the bean's hb with my doppler :goodvibes: (I've had the thing languishing in my nightstand through at least 2 miscarriages and this is the first time it's actually heard a hb!). I'm still very worried about this bean, so it was amazing to be able to hear the hb between appointments. I know a hb doesn't guarantee anything--but it means bean is alive in there.

MIL is visiting this weekend, arriving Friday night. Ugh!! I'm not particularly fond of her. Dd, on the other hand, loves loves loves her. I try to think of it as a great opportunity for a date night (or two!). If only my house wasn't a complete disaster.

girlichick
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Lynn- would you pronounce Gianna "JAHnna" (correct Italian, John-nuh) or Americanize it to "Gee-ahnna"??? Our friends pronounce it the American way and our other priest friend always corrects them- "It's JAHNNA!" It's a running joke amongst our friends. I think they are both pretty.

Haha! My family is Italian but we would probably still say it gee-ahna. I agree, both are pretty!

DH and I were looking at names last night.... If it is a girl we are kind of liking Ayla (eye-la) Rose. Our other name is Isabella Rose. Our other girls all have A names so we were trying to decide if we want to stick with another A or just use Isabella... Decisions, decisions! Still lost for a boy.

momomom
02-22-2012, 01:06 PM

The laminate in this house is blonde and there are tons of gaps- it is so tacky and water spilled is a disaster. The nicer laminate is totally different. My SIL got some really pretty dark cherry put down and you really can't tell that it isn't real wood.

momomom
02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Honey is a great idea! Isn't the trivia at the grocery store stevia?

It has refined stevia- RebA- in it, but also a corn alcohol sugar substitute. At the health food store they will have liquid extract (in alcohol or glycerine, glycerine being a better choice for pregnancy) or green (most natural) or white powder extract. Just be careful because real stevia is REALLY STRONG. I use 4 drops in a large cup of tea.

Struggling with yeast- I second really good probiotucs like BioK+. 'Spensive, but REALLY WORKS, from the health food store. Also, when I get yeasty, I just have to straight up go NO SUGAR at all, including very sweet fruit like bananas, but others like granny smith apples, lemons, grapefruit are ok.

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I did it the three day one the first time then someone one here was talking about it and I FREAKED out and called my MW. they said it's ok. If I keep getting them I"ll go in and maybe do the 7 day one but maybe I just need to treat DH!
I've only used monistat once (one day ovule). Ugh. It was miserable! I couldn't stand the mess (that certainly lasted longer than a day!). I cannot actually imagine doing it for 7. Ick. That's why I'm digging the garlic trick when it works! Good luck with DH!
Shannon, I second (or is it third) the need to treat dh. My dh and I had the great joy of passing a yeast infection between us for quite a while before we figured this one out! :yuck:

Last night dh found the bean's hb with my doppler :goodvibes: (I've had the thing languishing in my nightstand through at least 2 miscarriages and this is the first time it's actually heard a hb!). I'm still very worried about this bean, so it was amazing to be able to hear the hb between appointments. I know a hb doesn't guarantee anything--but it means bean is alive in there.

MIL is visiting this weekend, arriving Friday night. Ugh!! I'm not particularly fond of her. Dd, on the other hand, loves loves loves her. I try to think of it as a great opportunity for a date night (or two!). If only my house wasn't a complete disaster.
Yay for the HB :-) I know you had some less than stellar results a couple of appts ago, when will you learn more? Praying for your bean!!

It has refined stevia- RebA- in it, but also a corn alcohol sugar substitute. At the health food store they will have liquid extract (in alcohol or glycerine, glycerine being a better choice for pregnancy) or green (most natural) or white powder extract. Just be careful because real stevia is REALLY STRONG. I use 4 drops in a large cup of tea.

Struggling with yeast- I second really good probiotucs like BioK+. 'Spensive, but REALLY WORKS, from the health food store. Also, when I get yeasty, I just have to straight up go NO SUGAR at all, including very sweet fruit like bananas, but others like granny smith apples, lemons, grapefruit are ok.

Good to know about the strength... I would have put ten drops in! Haha! What type of store do you mean? Like a whole foods type place? Or a vitamin store?

momomom
02-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Not a vitamin store like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, but Whole Foods, Sunflower Market, Wild Oats, local crunchy places.

momomom
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Or www.iherb.com- love that web store!

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Okay so I just got back from rite aid! UGH! I decided to give the garlic another day. LOL. The monistat type stuff even generic was like 13 bucks! dude! i bought the 4 dollar topical anti itch pain reliever stuff...... I am totally stabbing the heck outta the garlic!! LOL. Thinking about putting more than one clove in tonight. I need to go put one in now for the day.... hadn't this morning since I was planning on getting OTC.

I am on a major sugar binge with this baby. but I am a major sugar aholic all the time too. So not really more than normal..... I usually get one each pregnancy. Sometimes I get them non pregnant but then my period happens and regulates the levels down there so I don't buy meds.... but .... no period right now! LOL

challmeyeralways
02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Mmmmm The brownies smell SOOO yummy!!!!

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 02:38 PM
so I am thinking again about getting a doppler...... what brand do you guys have??

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Not a vitamin store like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, but Whole Foods, Sunflower Market, Wild Oats, local crunchy places.

I was going to say Sunflower Market but nobody has ever heard of it! Lol! I'll check it out next time I'm there. Thanks!

tazzae
02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Yay for the HB :-) I know you had some less than stellar results a couple of appts ago, when will you learn more? Praying for your bean!!

Thanks for the prayers, we need 'em! We got some good news this week: the bean does not (at least according to the new sequenom test) have downs syndrome or the other trisonomies. That still leaves quite a few possibilities of problems including, other chromosomal issues (ex. Turner's), genetic defects (which seem really hard to find prenatally, unless you know what you are looking for because of the large number of possibilities), and heart defect (which runs in my family (my mom had open heart surgery to fix hers)). And, of course, there's a decent chance that the bean is absolutely fine! I'm still very anxious given my history, though.

Christina
02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Ugh, I feel so yucky today. I just can't shake this cough and it's driving me nuts. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to the Dr and see if it's more than I'm thinking and I need medicine. I'm so frigging tired all the time, I'm waiting on my vitamins and hoping that helps.
I need to start eating better too. I was doing so good and I had a craving last week that I gave into and it's been all downhill from there. I just hate feel so rundown. Maybe I need to get out and do a little walking too, maybe that would help. I went to CVS tonight and took my blood pressure. 129 over 80. Is that good or bad? I didn't have HBP with my last pregnancy but I did with my others.

momomom
02-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Okay so I just got back from rite aid! UGH! I decided to give the garlic another day. LOL. The monistat type stuff even generic was like 13 bucks! dude! i bought the 4 dollar topical anti itch pain reliever stuff...... I am totally stabbing the heck outta the garlic!! LOL. Thinking about putting more than one clove in tonight. I need to go put one in now for the day.... hadn't this morning since I was planning on getting OTC.

I am on a major sugar binge with this baby. but I am a major sugar aholic all the time too. So not really more than normal..... I usually get one each pregnancy. Sometimes I get them non pregnant but then my period happens and regulates the levels down there so I don't buy meds.... but .... no period right now! LOL

Seriously- if you want to nip it quickly, go on a sugar fast. Especially if you usually eat a lot of sugar, it will be very effective for you, I would bet. Just make sure to have other food in your house so you don't starve. Get some stevia to put in tea when you are desperate for sweetness.

The only food the yeast can live on is sugar. Cut out the sugar and it dies off super-fast.

Oh, and my df puts like 5-6 clovs in at a time, wrapped in a square of gauze so they all come back out :giggle2:.

momomom
02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
I ate wheat for lunch and now I'm in bed with a tummy ache- I am so dumb :(. Rice tea is boiling as I write, though :).

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Ugh, I feel so yucky today. I just can't shake this cough and it's driving me nuts. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to the Dr and see if it's more than I'm thinking and I need medicine. I'm so frigging tired all the time, I'm waiting on my vitamins and hoping that helps.
I need to start eating better too. I was doing so good and I had a craving last week that I gave into and it's been all downhill from there. I just hate feel so rundown. Maybe I need to get out and do a little walking too, maybe that would help. I went to CVS tonight and took my blood pressure. 129 over 80. Is that good or bad? I didn't have HBP with my last pregnancy but I did with my others.

Not bad, the top number is a smidge high, but the top number is more based on situation (up walking around, caffeine, nervous) where the bottom number is based on an actual physiologic problem (80 is a lovely number, btw). It's certainly something to keep your eye on (more because of your history than that reading) but I wouldn't be concerned at this point. Have you heard about people that swear the Brewer's diet is awesome for reducing PE? Might be worth looking into!

momomom
02-22-2012, 04:32 PM
I swear on the Brewer diet!!!! I have to modify it for allergies, but I use it. My doc said when I was 40.5 weeks preggo with ds#1 that he'd NEVER seen a pregnant lady with such skinny ankles- hehe. And with ds#3 all my preggo friends were complaining about the heat and swelling but I didn't have even 1 day of swollen feet/ hands/ anything. He was born 9/11 when the temp was still upper 90's.

Oh, and remember it's not the size of your baby but the elasticity of the vaginal tissue that determines a lot- the Brewer diet does produce bigger babies, but the diet promotes very healthy vaginal tissue.

MommyKeller0107
02-22-2012, 04:52 PM
We got preapproved for a house today! :bliss: I'm excited. There is one we looked at on Monday, and we are going back tomorrow. Hopefully putting in an offer on it! :yay:

I do have a question though.. The third bedroom (TECHNICALLY the master, since there is a bathroom connected to it) is super tiny. The layout doesn't have any space for a bed, so right now we would be using it for a play area. However, we will be staying in this house for a minimum of 5 years, so I am curious as to what age is too old for mixed gender siblings to share a room? IF this baby is a girl, we would have all three kiddos in the same room for sleeping arrangements only. If our ODS wanted his own play space, there is room in the closet for that and he would be allowed to keep most of his things there, while the younger two play downstairs. At 5 years down the road, this LO would obviously be turning 5, Levi will be around 7, and Kade will be 10 going on 11. Is that too drastic? The room is big enough that the boys would have a bunk & or trundle set up, and the girl would have a bed / space of her own, as well as her own closet and dresser space.

Is that silly to think about? If so we would look into rearranging the downstairs room so that we could fit a Queen bed & dresser only in it, and use it for our room, putting the kids in both bedrooms upstairs. It would be tight, but we would make it work.

amandajiggles
02-22-2012, 04:54 PM

I like Evangeline

amandajiggles
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM
finally after three tries got my ticker! :) you gotta be smarter than the computer!

I can't get one to work :(

amandajiggles
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
I've been thinking of names a lot lately too... no for sure winners but there are some one both the boy & girl lists that DH and I both like. Some only one of us like.. and a few extras I know DH will hate so I threw those in there to stack the deck ;)

amandajiggles
02-22-2012, 05:18 PM
We got preapproved for a house today! :bliss: I'm excited. There is one we looked at on Monday, and we are going back tomorrow. Hopefully putting in an offer on it! :yay:

I do have a question though.. The third bedroom (TECHNICALLY the master, since there is a bathroom connected to it) is super tiny. The layout doesn't have any space for a bed, so right now we would be using it for a play area. However, we will be staying in this house for a minimum of 5 years, so I am curious as to what age is too old for mixed gender siblings to share a room? IF this baby is a girl, we would have all three kiddos in the same room for sleeping arrangements only. If our ODS wanted his own play space, there is room in the closet for that and he would be allowed to keep most of his things there, while the younger two play downstairs. At 5 years down the road, this LO would obviously be turning 5, Levi will be around 7, and Kade will be 10 going on 11. Is that too drastic? The room is big enough that the boys would have a bunk & or trundle set up, and the girl would have a bed / space of her own, as well as her own closet and dresser space.

Is that silly to think about? If so we would look into rearranging the downstairs room so that we could fit a Queen bed & dresser only in it, and use it for our room, putting the kids in both bedrooms upstairs. It would be tight, but we would make it work.

I've been having the same debate.We just bought our house in May and since it's a 3 bedroom I've been debating on what to do with the new addition. DD has a pretty spacious room, our room is bigger but filled with laundry baskets at all times and will have the crib or pack n play in it for the first year or so. I'm debating whether or not to do a nursery and make a guest room/rec room in our basement that we are hoping to have partially finished by next year. OR... put DD & the baby in her room since she never sleeps there anyhow it seems like it wouldn't be too big of an issue.

In your circumstance I would say take the master for yourself, and split the three up when DD feels she needs her own space. She will likely start to dislike boys at the usual 6-8 year old range and may not want to share a room with them anymore.

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 05:18 PM

Yay for the preapproval!! 11 yo might be pushing it, but if that's what you have to do then so be it! Im having a hard time imagining the layout, but these are my thoughts...The first room you talked about is too small even for a twin bed? What about the closet of the bedroom you talked about as a playroom for ODS? Is is a walk-in closet? This might sound crazy, but I've seen people tight on space make that a bedroom for a LO so they would all be in the same room, but DD would have her own area for privacy (just a small bed in the walk-in). If you could explain the layout a little more maybe I could help you brainstorm :-)

The other thing I would say is don't settle! This is a big purchase, the market is great and you have all of the power (esp since you don't have to sell you house at the same time). Don't feel like you have to pick something and "make it work". When we first started house hunting we found a house with a master downstairs and kiddo rooms upstairs. Since I wouldn't want my LOs alone up there we starting planning on how to make one of the kiddo rooms our room and waste the real master as an office and spare BR. But I loved the house... great location, beautiful house, love the neighborhood and the price was great. Through a fluke we didn't get it... I'm so thankful everyday that we didn't! Next was a house DH loved, older that needed work, but I settled with it. Luckily the market crashed a few days e closing (oct '08) we didn't want to now have an 8.25% rate when the day before it had been 5% so we didn't get it and waited. Fastforward a bit, we decided to go shopping again, looked at three houses, bought number one. Perfect layout, we didnt have to settle and there is room to grow. Didn't cost any more than either of the first two, but it was right for us.

After all my rambling the point is, don't just rush because you can. If you really think this house is right, then do it, but it's okay to look a little longer too :-) Closings go pretty quickly nowadays so you still have some time before LO arrives. Don't settle on a house that's just great when the perfect one could be right around the corner... literally! That's just my two cents. Homeownership is a big responsibility, but it's great!! That's such an exciting step!!

Ps, really check out the HOA, ours is HORRIBLE! That's the one thing I wish I could change!

jc12551
02-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Haha! My family is Italian but we would probably still say it gee-ahna. I agree, both are pretty!

DH and I were looking at names last night.... If it is a girl we are kind of liking Ayla (eye-la) Rose. Our other name is Isabella Rose. Our other girls all have A names so we were trying to decide if we want to stick with another A or just use Isabella... Decisions, decisions! Still lost for a boy.

This is too funny! That is our alternate name exactly. It is a combo of my grandmothers' names. My paternal grandmother is Ila, but all of our children already start with an "A." Our #1 name is Amalia Jasmin. DH is not sold on Rose and I am not sold on Amalia (his grandmother's name). Maybe we will compromise on Ayla Jasmin?

I got them every month for years upon years. Turns out I was allergic to the honey and sugars in lube.

As someone said before, the people used tap water and got brain eating amoebas!

I love this idea but I also love the idea of raising a daughter and having the mother/ daughter bond. My boys are so sweet and I would love to have another boy I would just like to have a girl in the mix somewhere.

Me too!

All three of the boys have Hebrew middle names. We can't find one for this baby that we like yet!

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I've been thinking of names a lot lately too... no for sure winners but there are some one both the boy & girl lists that DH and I both like. Some only one of us like.. and a few extras I know DH will hate so I threw those in there to stack the deck ;)

I found a girl name I LOVE! Then I talked to DH's cousin today (due 3 months before me) and the name they picked is pretty similar. Think Abby and Allie, Alyssa and Melissa or Derick and Garret. Our kids will be together all the time. Is that a good enough reason to keep looking at other names? Or stick with what I like and let the family deal with trying to call their names out?

MommyKeller0107
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Yay for the preapproval!! 11 yo might be pushing it, but if that's what you have to do then so be it! Im having a hard time imagining the layout, but these are my thoughts...The first room you talked about is too small even for a twin bed? What about the closet of the bedroom you talked about as a playroom for ODS? Is is a walk-in closet? This might sound crazy, but I've seen people tight on space make that a bedroom for a LO so they would all be in the same room, but DD would have her own area for privacy (just a small bed in the walk-in). If you could explain the layout a little more maybe I could help you brainstorm :-)

The other thing I would say is don't settle! This is a big purchase, the market is great and you have all of the power (esp since you don't have to sell you house at the same time). Don't feel like you have to pick something and "make it work". When we first started house hunting we found a house with a master downstairs and kiddo rooms upstairs. Since I wouldn't want my LOs alone up there we starting planning on how to make one of the kiddo rooms our room and waste the real master as an office and spare BR. But I loved the house... great location, beautiful house, love the neighborhood and the price was great. Through a fluke we didn't get it... I'm so thankful everyday that we didn't! Next was a house DH loved, older that needed work, but I settled with it. Luckily the market crashed a few days e closing (oct '08) we didn't want to now have an 8.25% rate when the day before it had been 5% so we didn't get it and waited. Fastforward a bit, we decided to go shopping again, looked at three houses, bought number one. Perfect layout, we didnt have to settle and there is room to grow. Didn't cost any more than either of the first two, but it was right for us.

After all my rambling the point is, don't just rush because you can. If you really think this house is right, then do it, but it's okay to look a little longer too :-) Closings go pretty quickly nowadays so you still have some time before LO arrives. Don't settle on a house that's just great when the perfect one could be right around the corner... literally! That's just my two cents. Homeownership is a big responsibility, but it's great!! That's such an exciting step!!

Ps, really check out the HOA, ours is HORRIBLE! That's the one thing I wish I could change!

No HOA! :thumbsup: There are literally 30 houses for sale between $0-145k in this area.. This one is by FAR the nicest, but all of the houses in the area that we would be willing to buy (that they aren't asking a RIDICULOUS amount for - even though they need an insane amount of work) are laid out pretty similar. The houses here are either under $100k and tiny or in a pretty sketchy part of town, or they are over $300k and in the ritzy areas. It's slim pickings in our budget, unfortunately. We've been looking at EVERY house on the market since we got married 5 years ago, but my DH is unwilling to send our kids to another school system. :banghead: So our target area is pretty tiny, unfortunately.

http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Alcoa,TN/0-145000_price#for_sale/Alcoa,TN/3p_beds/0-145000_price/price;d_sort

We looked at a few foreclosures, but they are so run down that we would have to end up putting over 30-50k in just to move in (the one I loved had a REALLY bad foundation, the back half of the house was just sitting on the dirt!), so it definitely wasn't worth it when they are asking what they are.

The market there is so in-demand, that it's totally still a seller's market. People are so eager to get their kids into the school system that houses in good condition often sell pretty quickly. It's so frustrating! The school year starts in July, so we definitely need to be in the city early enough to secure his spot. (Plus the whole Living with my mom in an apartment and she doesn't know I'm pregnant thing - We HAVE to have a space of our own before she finds out and kicks us out!)

As far as layout goes, You walk in the front door and there is a small entry way across the front of the house. You go from there, into a small rectangle-ish living room. You walk through the living room and come to a door, behind it is the Small bedroom.

Where they have the closet, there is definitely not room for a bed right now. We would be looking at taking out the closet, moving it to a smaller wall, and putting the bed where the closet is now. (There are no pictures of this room) - We COULD make it work just fine as a bedroom for DH and I. All we need is a bed and dresser (we don't even have that now!) and I would have monitors in the kids rooms so that I could hear them. I would rather us be on the main level and them protected upstairs than one of the kids downstairs. KWIM?

Through that, you walk into the "Master" bathroom. Turn to your left, and it connects behind the kitchen to the Laundry area.

Across from the LR, you have a small dining room, with the stair access. On the same wall as the stairs, there is the door to the Kitchen. Walk straight through the kitchen, and you wind up back in the Laundry.

You go upstairs, and end up on the landing. Straight ahead is a second full bath, that splits the bedrooms. They are both the same size. The closets have enough room to walk in, but because of the slant of the roof don't have enough room for much else.

(The house is the one for $142,900 in the list of houses) We're getting 4% interest, which is awesome. This is looking like a 5-7 year plan type house, with us moving on to something bigger / better when life affords it, but being able to make it work long term if we HAD to. I absolutely don't want to jump the gun and make a bad choice, I just hate that it is so limited. I'm sure if this isn't meant to work it won't - I'm trying to just go with the flow.

Now - On to your name dilemma, I say go for the name you love. Family will adapt!

alliecatn1
02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
No HOA! :thumbsup: There are literally 30 houses for sale between $0-145k in this area.. This one is by FAR the nicest, but all of the houses in the area that we would be willing to buy (that they aren't asking a RIDICULOUS amount for - even though they need an insane amount of work) are laid out pretty similar. The houses here are either under $100k and tiny or in a pretty sketchy part of town, or they are over $300k and in the ritzy areas. It's slim pickings in our budget, unfortunately. We've been looking at EVERY house on the market since we got married 5 years ago, but my DH is unwilling to send our kids to another school system. :banghead: So our target area is pretty tiny, unfortunately.

http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Alcoa,TN/0-145000_price#for_sale/Alcoa,TN/3p_beds/0-145000_price/price;d_sort

We looked at a few foreclosures, but they are so run down that we would have to end up putting over 30-50k in just to move in (the one I loved had a REALLY bad foundation, the back half of the house was just sitting on the dirt!), so it definitely wasn't worth it when they are asking what they are.

The market there is so in-demand, that it's totally still a seller's market. People are so eager to get their kids into the school system that houses in good condition often sell pretty quickly. It's so frustrating! The school year starts in July, so we definitely need to be in the city early enough to secure his spot. (Plus the whole Living with my mom in an apartment and she doesn't know I'm pregnant thing - We HAVE to have a space of our own before she finds out and kicks us out!)

As far as layout goes, You walk in the front door and there is a small entry way across the front of the house. You go from there, into a small rectangle-ish living room. You walk through the living room and come to a door, behind it is the Small bedroom. Where they have the closet, there is definitely not room for a bed. We would be looking at taking out the closet, moving it to a smaller wall, and putting the bed where the closet is now. (There are no pictures of this room) Through that, you walk into the "Master" bathroom. Turn to your left, and it connects behind the kitchen to the Laundry area.

Across from the LR, you have a small dining room, with the stair access. On the same wall as the stairs, there is the door to the Kitchen. Walk straight through the kitchen, and you wind up back in the Laundry.

You go upstairs, and end up on the landing. Straight ahead is a second full bath, that splits the bedrooms. They are both the same size. The closets have enough room to walk in, but because of the slant of the roof don't have enough room for much else.

(The house is the one for $142,900 in the list of houses)

Now - On to your name dilemma, I say go for the name you love. Family will adapt!

I hate getting stuck in a random price bracket! So will your mom stay at the apartment? Ok, so I looked at the list of listings (before you said which one you liked), saw the 149,200 one and thought to myself how cute it was! (btw, that $200 on there is so random!). I looked through the listing... I love the flooring and the baseboards!! The hardwood and tile look so good :-) You could also add crown molding to some rooms and it would look beyond amazing! The backyard is huge too! Compared to the other houses on the listing, that one is surely a winner :-) You'll make the space work for sure. You can always reevaluate room arrangements later as the kiddos get older. Jump on it!

MommyKeller0107
02-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I hate getting stuck in a random price bracket! So will your mom stay at the apartment? Ok, so I looked at the list of listings (before you said which one you liked), saw the 149,200 one and thought to myself how cute it was! (btw, that $200 on there is so random!). I looked through the listing... I love the flooring and the baseboards!! The hardwood and tile look so good :-) You could also add crown molding to some rooms and it would look beyond amazing! The backyard is huge too! Compared to the other houses on the listing, that one is surely a winner :-) You'll make the space work for sure. You can always reevaluate room arrangements later as the kiddos get older. Jump on it!

Yep.. she will either stay here, or go buy her own place! She is finally at a place for the first time in her life that she is able to afford a home of her own. We had a hard time while I was growing up, so this is a huge deal for both of us!

And thanks! I'm REALLY trying not to just be crazy and go all out on a house, but I do love the area.. We could walk the kids to school (all years! Elementary Middle & High!), walk to the public pool, walk to the park, things like that.. So I do see the appeal of it to my DH, it's just hard being SO rigid and optionless!

:loony: My head is spinning! I've never lived in a house that was owned before. I never thought that we would qualify for anything.. it wasn't even an option 6 months ago. I feel blessed just to have the opportunity! And this way, it's totally on his income, so when I get a job we will be able to use it for savings, fun money, cars, whatever little extras the house might need, things like that.. :lostit:

momomom
02-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Lori- I'd take the room you want and rearrange later. I'd give the kids the biggest room and hang a curtain to partition it- www.potterybarnkids.com has good ideas on making 2-gender room sharing work. Not that I buy their stuff- LOL!

I would also later take the small room and give the kids the 2 upstairs, when and if it seemed to be needed. I don't do a heck of a lot in my room- so it doesn't need to be big, but my kids do a lot in their rooms, so that would just make the most sense to me.

andyoly82
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow... Sorry I've been mia. My in laws are here...... Actually this time its going well my mil frees with me that DS still needs his nap time (DH wants to cut it. She also sees what I do with DS not responding when his head is turned. Bawhahahaha take that DH.

We went to the fair today and I overdid it. I carried DS a lot because the was so tired from no nap and right now I feel like my uterus is going to fall out, crazy lightening crotch when I walk and I had a couple BHs today. Yuck.

Lori: congrats on the house!!!!! 11 may be tok big to share. My lds is 11 and starting the change. It might be a little hard to have them in the same room. The little ones would be fine though.

boogamama
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
so I am thinking again about getting a doppler...... what brand do you guys have??

I have the Sonoline B 3MHZ fetal doppler.

momomom
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Sudden, terrible, debilitating heartburn. Anyone have a natural remedy- ie not Tums? I already tried liquid magnesium. The rice tea helps, but just a bit.

MommyKeller0107
02-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Sudden, terrible, debilitating heartburn. Anyone have a natural remedy- ie not Tums? I already tried liquid magnesium. The rice tea helps, but just a bit.

Papaya Pills from the health food store!

marthathecakelady
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Any pain on the right side just under your sternum and under the edge of your ribs? That kind of heart burn is what I had right before my gall bladder pain kicked in!!

alliecatn1
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM

I must have missed this question, Martha! I have this kind as well (here's the site... http://www.pulseoximeteronline.com/sonoline-b.html ). Between 18-20 weeks you can use a stethoscope to hear instead though. That might be a cheaper route at this stage in your pregnancy.

myall4him2
02-23-2012, 05:33 AM

I have this exact one and love it! I love hearing the heartbeat :wub:

I've been talking Zantac. I'm not one for medicine, hate taking it, but this stuff is a miracle drug! I was getting to the point where Tums, milanta, nothing was helping! I take it everyday with lunch b/c if not I'm in so much gassy pain!

andyoly82
02-23-2012, 06:22 AM
I must have missed this question, Martha! I have this kind as well (here's the site... http://www.pulseoximeteronline.com/sonoline-b.html ). Between 18-20 weeks you can use a stethoscope to hear instead though. That might be a cheaper route at this stage in your pregnancy.

Idk my Littman was pretty expensive... Would you be able to hear it with a cheaper one?

girlichick
02-23-2012, 06:47 AM

I have that one too and love it! I heard baby's hb at 9 weeks. Pretty cool that I can listen whenever I am wondering what's going on in there!

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Martha I just have a cheap angel doppler and it works just fine! I think it was just over $20 but that was 3 yrs ago

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
...and speaking of houses...this is a house I've been eying since it went on the market in the fall:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/204-W-Wapella-St_Minooka_IL_60447_M73202-32485
I am *really* hoping it is still there in April when we are ready with our down payment!! I love older homes!!

Christina
02-23-2012, 08:00 AM

The only thing that ever helped me when I had heartburn was a teaspoon of baking soda in a small amount of warm water. Mix and chug. You will burp like a sailor but it made me feel so much better.

Luckily I haven't had heartburn in 6 yrs so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Christina
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
...and speaking of houses...this is a house I've been eying since it went on the market in the fall:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/204-W-Wapella-St_Minooka_IL_60447_M73202-32485
I am *really* hoping it is still there in April when we are ready with our down payment!! I love older homes!!

oh my goodness. I LOVE it! The hardwood floors and the wrap around porch are beautiful.

MommyKeller0107
02-23-2012, 08:15 AM

I *LOVE* That!! I hope it's still on the market for you!

alliecatn1
02-23-2012, 10:26 AM
beautiful!!

Idk my Littman was pretty expensive... Would you be able to hear it with a cheaper one?
Lol, a cheaper one should work as well. I have a $20 cheapo somewhere so I'll check in a few weeks :-). FYI, when you're in the market for a new stethoscope (you too mommykeller!), you must check out the Ultrascope! It knocks Littmans out of the water and are less expensive. It's pressure based so I can even auscultate lung sound over the heart... and heart sounds of a screaming child. Every doc and coworker that has borrowed mine has been instantly sold (mine also has interchangeable heads so I only need one stethoscope no matter where I'm working). I don't usually feel so strongly about medical equipment, but I seriously love mine and have been floored by the quality of their customer service :-) sales pitch over!

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM

I am not sure that there is anything wrong with it, but *I* would not put an eleven year old boy and a five year old girl in the same room. 11 year old boys are starting to turn into men and a 5 a year old girl is still taking naps (well, sometimes) I just think that it would not be functional.

Another thing to think about is what about 11yo's 11yo friends when they come over to hang out or sleep over... I think I would prefer the little master bedroom. BUT... I would not have the same objections if LO was a boy... strange...

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 11:10 AM

As far as layout goes, You walk in the front door and there is a small entry way across the front of the house. You go from there, into a small rectangle-ish living room. You walk through the living room and come to a door, behind it is the Small bedroom.

Where they have the closet, there is definitely not room for a bed right now. We would be looking at taking out the closet, moving it to a smaller wall, and putting the bed where the closet is now. (There are no pictures of this room) - We COULD make it work just fine as a bedroom for DH and I. All we need is a bed and dresser (we don't even have that now!) and I would have monitors in the kids rooms so that I could hear them. I would rather us be on the main level and them protected upstairs than one of the kids downstairs. KWIM?

Through that, you walk into the "Master" bathroom. Turn to your left, and it connects behind the kitchen to the Laundry area.

(The house is the one for $142,900 in the list of houses) We're getting 4% interest, which is awesome. This is looking like a 5-7 year plan type house, with us moving on to something bigger / better when life affords it, but being able to make it work long term if we HAD to. I absolutely don't want to jump the gun and make a bad choice, I just hate that it is so limited. I'm sure if this isn't meant to work it won't - I'm trying to just go with the flow.

Hehehe... I really like the one listed below that one for 139,900 :-)

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
oh my goodness. I LOVE it! The hardwood floors and the wrap around porch are beautiful.

The only thing I'm not sold on completely is the kitchen and the awkward spiral staircase leading down into the basement....and I don't think it has a master suite!! I think we would put dry wall around the railing leading down from the main floor. It just doesn't seem safe for a baby.

We def have to see it irl, but love the charm and the porch is sooo sweet!! I can just picture eating meals out there on summer nights.

(sigh) Oh I cannot WAIT to get out of this house!!!!!

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 11:14 AM

:yeahthat: But definitely NOT move in ready!!!!!

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Oh my word!!! That house looks AMAZING!!! I know, the pictures are supposed to make it look amazing, but WOW! I hope you get that one too :-) It is gorgeous!!!

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM
The only thing that ever helped me when I had heartburn was a teaspoon of baking soda in a small amount of warm water. Mix and chug. You will burp like a sailor but it made me feel so much better.

Luckily I haven't had heartburn in 6 yrs so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

EEWWW!!!! :yuck: I had a really bad UTI a few months ago and one of the home remedies that I read about was baking soda in water and chug... It was SOO bad it became our new discipline for lying. I tell you... brushing teeth with baking soda is EFFECTIVE for removing the tendency to lie. :thumbsup:

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
:yeahthat: But definitely NOT move in ready!!!!!

haha... yeah, but with the price difference, and the fact that they state in the listing that they are accepting reasonable offers, you could fix that pretty easily :-) and, there is an extra bedroom :-)

Of course, the lo that I am baking is number 7, so extra bedrooms is a huge deal for me :-)

MommyKeller0107
02-23-2012, 11:25 AM

I like it, I just hate how much work / updating it needs! (we looked at it) We would end up having to put a ton of money into it to fix the siding, the mason work (a lot of the brick is falling out), the foundation (it has huge cracks), replace all of the windows (single pane aluminum from when the house was built), possibly a new roof, water damage in the downstairs, ripping out paneling and doing drywall, new flooring, totally new kitchen, etc etc. :banghead: I wish we had the money to pour into a house. I would love to fix one up.

ETA - There's only about a $3k difference between that one and the one we are looking at. That wouldn't even get us enough $ for appliances :\

My ODS would be 10 - turning 11, but we definitely don't do naps at 5 (I'm trying to base things off of the way my ODS & Niece are now). Friends / Sleepovers would require different sleeping arrangements regardless just because of the space so that wasn't really something I was too worried about.

We're not above making the room down stairs our room - just trying to figure out all of the different arrangements. :goodvibes:

Christina
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Felt the baby move today for the first time and knew for a fact it was the baby. I was laying down for a nap when all of the kids were at school and I was on my side with my arm laying on my belly. I was almost asleep when I felt something brush up against my stomach that I felt it on the inside and a sensation on my arm. It startled me for a second until I realized what it was. Such a relief, I actually woke up this morning with this weird feel that I wasn't pregnant anymore I know it was a dream but it was so weird and this is totally what I needed today!

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow! That IS alot of work! not really worth doing THAT much... I saw that the price difference was only 3k listed, but the offered price could be much lower. Either way, not low enough to cover all of the repairs and upgrades you mentioned. OYE!

My husband and I bought our house about 7 years ago for 63k... a few years later, the market exploded! We owed 59k and it appraised for 220k We decided that we were preg with our last baby... he was a boy (wich brought out total to 2 boys and 2 girls) and we were walking distance to every school our kids would ever go to, in a really nice neighborhood. SO... we refinanced, took out some equity to turn the garage into a master bedroom and upgrade a few other things (windows, siding, ect..) What was originally quoted at $65,000 turned into a $190,000 project. The first contractor was an idiot! He quoted us an unbelievably inaccurate price. He cause more dammage than he solved, and the market started to fall in the middle of it... SOOOO... we had to find a new contractor, run out of money, try to appraise a house that was not appraisable (the first guy had pulled the roof off of half of our kitchen) find out that the house was not worth what it was the year before, and costs of construction materials had tripled. Well, we managed to make it through all of that without loosing our minds, and then God started changing our hearts...
The family that we thought was complete (so it would fit nicely in our newly remodled house) needed to grow... (We adopted 2 girls and got a vas reversal)
The schools that were so conveniently placed (walking the kids to school at each grade level) were now obsolete (We homeschool)
The backyard that was nice and big for weekend and after school playing outside, was now all they had all day every day (homeschool means they are HERE not at a playground at school)
SOOOO... we are now underwater on this house, and BURSTING at the seams. Between the additional kids and all of the school supplies, well, our house is FULL!!! We cannot sell because it does not appraise for what we owe. we are just stuck for now... and the silly thing is, other than the house, we are completely debt free.... This is just holding us back for now.

So, when I talk about house hunting, I see it a little differently than some :-) I want LOTS of space :-)

ANYWAY... I am not sure how I got to that rant... I am excited for you to be able to move into a place all your own. I hope you find a GREAT place and never feel trapped :-)

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 01:01 PM

Ill have to remember this 3rd trimester!

Oh my word!!! That house looks AMAZING!!! I know, the pictures are supposed to make it look amazing, but WOW! I hope you get that one too :-) It is gorgeous!!!
I love the price too!! If we could haggle it down even further we would have low low mortgage payments!
Felt the baby move today for the first time and knew for a fact it was the baby. I was laying down for a nap when all of the kids were at school and I was on my side with my arm laying on my belly. I was almost asleep when I felt something brush up against my stomach that I felt it on the inside and a sensation on my arm. It startled me for a second until I realized what it was. Such a relief, I actually woke up this morning with this weird feel that I wasn't pregnant anymore I know it was a dream but it was so weird and this is totally what I needed today!

Oooh!! Im tearing up!!! Good for you!!

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Whoa Chall!! Sounds like a fun family!!

s2grace
02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
!

Well, we managed to make it through all of that without loosing our minds, and then God started changing our hearts...

I love this. We "think" we know the plans and I can just imagine God smiling saying" you have no idea what I have in store for you" :)
Ill have to remember this 3rd trimester!

I love the price too!! If we could haggle it down even further we would have low low mortgage payments!

What a beautiful house! I love the porch and the kitchen looks very spacious!

Congrats! We are due the time.. I need to get some quiet time and see if I can feel him/her one of these days. DH is gone this week and I am trying to get some stuff done before he comes back so no naps for me. :)

AFM: I was feeling a bit sorry for myself today.. living in the middle of nowhere, not knowing anyone... took the kids for a walk down our dirt road and met two different (not very close but anyway) neighbors! God is good and knows what when need just when... :)

marthathecakelady
02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I bought myself grapenuts at the store the other day. one serving is 90% of RDA for Iron! :) And right now I added some to the yougurt I am eating.... :) Speaking of grapenuts... wonder what they were trying to make when they stumbled upon them? don't you think that is what they look like? lol

jc12551
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I bought myself grapenuts at the store the other day. one serving is 90% of RDA for Iron! :) And right now I added some to the yougurt I am eating.... :) Speaking of grapenuts... wonder what they were trying to make when they stumbled upon them? don't you think that is what they look like? lol

WC Post was trying to out-compete Kellogg and his flake cereal. When baked the batter came out as a sheet. Post ground it up and it looks like nuts-that is the rumor!

I have a Kelloggs advert on the right currently. Big brother is watching :giggle:

amandajiggles
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm thinking of getting a carrier for this LO. What is the best wrap? I'm a bigger girl and all the structured ones with clips/straps etc. seem like they would make me lumpy and I'd constantly be adjusting it. I made a pocket style sling for DD but would prefer something I can use right away with a tiny one that keeps them nice and close hands free. Any of you ladies have experience with them? I feel like posting on the main board might end up with an overwhelming list of things to try.

jemilyon
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm thinking of getting a carrier for this LO. What is the best wrap? I'm a bigger girl and all the structured ones with clips/straps etc. seem like they would make me lumpy and I'd constantly be adjusting it. I made a pocket style sling for DD but would prefer something I can use right away with a tiny one that keeps them nice and close hands free. Any of you ladies have experience with them? I feel like posting on the main board might end up with an overwhelming list of things to try.

Do you live in a warm climate? Vatanai wraps are very thin yet supportive. If you are "bigger" then you may want a 6 meter.

I wouldnt recommend Storch or hopp for a new wrapper bc they are thick and can be hard to learn on.

I def prefer wraps over any ssc ive tried a hundred times over bc they are so comfy and completely adjustable to all body types as long as you get the right length.

If you want to wrap past 5 mo i recommend skipping stretchy wraps like the moby and going straight to a woven. They are FABULOUS!

Christina
02-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm starting with a Sleepy Wrap with this one. I got it a few weeks ago and tried it with my petite 3yr old and loved it. I found it very easy to use too. With my last one I had an Ergo and a pouch carrier and liked both but I really wanted something I could use easily from birth so I opted for a wrap. I'm a total newbie though so I'm learning too. The sleepy is very stretchy and I can see where it's going to be a little hot since it's thicker.

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I "made" a wrap several years ago for my son (6 1/2yo now) and it was REALLY easy!!! I went to the fabric store, bought 5 yards of material that I thought was pretty and not too stretchy, and started practicing :-) http://www.wearyourbaby.com/ is a GREAT site for learning different wraps and carries! Some of them are a little tricky, but practice makes all the difference in the world!

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=121

This is a page off of the site I just linked that talks about different types of materials and how to "cheat" and not use a sewing machine. I know some of you are avid sewers, but maybe some of you are like me... lazy :-)

tazzae
02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I used a moby in the very beginning with dd. It was really awesome, but hot (it was between 85 and 105 that spring/summer she was born). After a while, maybe 3 months, we started using a ring sling. I was able to comfortably carry dd in the front and then later on my hip for a long long time. She was a super peanut though--under 20 lbs at 2 years old. I have a couple of mei tai's in the closet (purchased for one of our angel babies).

I just purchased this (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356984&highlight=rainbow) ring sling off FSOT. It's actually my first purchase for the bean!! I'm a rainbow freak, I think it will be perfect.

challmeyeralways
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Mei Tai's look amazing, but I cannot get passed the price! Where can you find them for cheap?

tazzae
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Mei Tai's look amazing, but I cannot get passed the price! Where can you find them for cheap?

What would you consider cheap? I've seen a few in the $50-70 range on FSOT here and at thebabywearer.com

jakeysmama
02-24-2012, 06:13 AM
I loved my Mei Tei! I can't wait to pull it back out for this LO :) Several of my friends tried it out on their babies and were hooked.

NorwexMa
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Survived my wedding supper! Didn't run out of anything, and got lotsa compliments! If you are looking for food ideas, I have lots...that were all served at the same wedding!
Appetizers:
polish sausage coins in homemade BBQ sauce
cheese tray with crax
homemade truffles (3 kinds)
pretzel rods
mini cream puffs
tortilla roll-ups

Beverages on the app table:
Reg/Decaf/Hazelnut coffee
sugar/creamer/syrup
Punch

Meal:
Tomato or Chix Noodle Soup
Apple Waldorf Salad
Mashed Potatoes
Beef Roast/Gravy
Dinner Roll with Parsley Butter
Wedding Cake & Ice cream cups

The mother made the apps and the soup. So I did the rest of the main meal. Planned for 150, prolly had a good 120 people. Pefect amount of leftovers on everything except meat. The grocer originally gave me 150 # (yes, 150 pounds) boneless beef roast! I only cooked about 100#, but we had over 50# left I'm sure. The mother didn't mind, she has large family and the freezer is her friend :-)
I am pooped today! I was on my feet for 11 hours straight before I sat to eat! I was so exhausted, I thought I'd sleep like a rock...WRONG! I think I actually found a good sleep at 4, and DS woke me at 7. Gunna be a slow day!

NorwexMa
02-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh, thanks for all the house pix! I love to dream! We got a lotta money stuck into our old farmhouse and a lot of remodels. I don't see us moving, like, ever, so I'm happy with what we've done. Nice to dream tho!

For babywearing...I'd like to try it, but it seems kinda like CDing, a lil overwhelming at first. All the differnt types! And my shoulders have a tension problem anyway, so I'm sure it would take me a few tries to find the right one. And I don't know anyone around here that does it to ask them or try their's either. Oh well. The closest store that would sell them would be 2 hours away, and I never get there. Maybe I'll have to make a point to sometime! Personal day away!

chello
02-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello ladies, wow i hardly get to post in here. But I wanted to say hi and that I've been lurking, I just don't keep up with the chats very much.

momomom
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
What would you consider cheap? I've seen a few in the $50-70 range on FSOT here and at thebabywearer.com

I'v made mei teis and they are SUPER EASY! You can find good directions, too.

BTW, if anyone wants a solid khaki kozy karrier, I THINK a mama here is selling one at the consignment sale next month for like $20!!! She couldn't sell it last fall for that, IDK why. I almost bought it then, but I wasn't preggo. There are always nice used ergos there, too. We live in a super-crunchy small town- LOL! So maybe I should take orders b4 the sale!

momomom
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Wow! That IS alot of work! not really worth doing THAT much... I saw that the price difference was only 3k listed, but the offered price could be much lower. Either way, not low enough to cover all of the repairs and upgrades you mentioned. OYE!

My husband and I bought our house about 7 years ago for 63k... a few years later, the market exploded! We owed 59k and it appraised for 220k We decided that we were preg with our last baby... he was a boy (wich brought out total to 2 boys and 2 girls) and we were walking distance to every school our kids would ever go to, in a really nice neighborhood. SO... we refinanced, took out some equity to turn the garage into a master bedroom and upgrade a few other things (windows, siding, ect..) What was originally quoted at $65,000 turned into a $190,000 project. The first contractor was an idiot! He quoted us an unbelievably inaccurate price. He cause more dammage than he solved, and the market started to fall in the middle of it... SOOOO... we had to find a new contractor, run out of money, try to appraise a house that was not appraisable (the first guy had pulled the roof off of half of our kitchen) find out that the house was not worth what it was the year before, and costs of construction materials had tripled. Well, we managed to make it through all of that without loosing our minds, and then God started changing our hearts...
The family that we thought was complete (so it would fit nicely in our newly remodled house) needed to grow... (We adopted 2 girls and got a vas reversal)
The schools that were so conveniently placed (walking the kids to school at each grade level) were now obsolete (We homeschool)
The backyard that was nice and big for weekend and after school playing outside, was now all they had all day every day (homeschool means they are HERE not at a playground at school)
SOOOO... we are now underwater on this house, and BURSTING at the seams. Between the additional kids and all of the school supplies, well, our house is FULL!!! We cannot sell because it does not appraise for what we owe. we are just stuck for now... and the silly thing is, other than the house, we are completely debt free.... This is just holding us back for now.

So, when I talk about house hunting, I see it a little differently than some :-) I want LOTS of space :-)

ANYWAY... I am not sure how I got to that rant... I am excited for you to be able to move into a place all your own. I hope you find a GREAT place and never feel trapped :-)

This is a beautiful story, I think! Life is just SO FULL of surprises, isn't it???

challmeyeralways
02-24-2012, 10:30 AM
The kozy looks alot like the mei tai. Are they the same thing? $20 is what I would call cheap :-) Maybe I should go looking on the FSOT. I bet with your sewing machine Mo, you could make and sell all kinds of great stuff! I am sure you could make a tidy profit :-)

As to my little rant... I am sorry, I was rehashing the frusterating experiences of "sitting pretty" with lots of equity to "stuck". But you are right. God has been doing amazing things in our family and I need to look at that aspect of it. He really has had his hand on this whole process. Thanks for the refocus!

So how are you all doing this morning?

jemilyon
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I "made" a wrap several years ago for my son (6 1/2yo now) and it was REALLY easy!!! I went to the fabric store, bought 5 yards of material that I thought was pretty and not too stretchy, and started practicing :-) http://www.wearyourbaby.com/ (http://www.wearyourbaby.com/) is a GREAT site for learning different wraps and carries! Some of them are a little tricky, but practice makes all the difference in the world!
Til what weight were you able to use it and did you use if for long periods of time? I consider this sometimes but need really good support and like to wear them into toddlerhood if they want.

Thebabywearer. Com
Oh, thanks for all the house pix! I love to dream! We got a lotta money stuck into our old farmhouse and a lot of remodels. I don't see us moving, like, ever, so I'm happy with what we've done. Nice to dream tho!

For babywearing...I'd like to try it, but it seems kinda like CDing, a lil overwhelming at first. All the differnt types! And my shoulders have a tension problem anyway, so I'm sure it would take me a few tries to find the right one. And I don't know anyone around here that does it to ask them or try their's either. Oh well. The closest store that would sell them would be 2 hours away, and I never get there. Maybe I'll have to make a point to sometime! Personal day away!

This is why I wrap. I have sensitive shoulders and a bad back plus a puny frame (32" chest). Wrapping helps distribute the weight instead of it resting all in your shoulder and/or back it goes across your entire chest too. Ive tried mei tais and they just dont hug bqby the way a wrap does. I just loooove wrapping, can you tell? It is how I survived my super needy dds entire first year!!

tazzae
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
The kozy looks alot like the mei tai. Are they the same thing?

Yep, the Kozy is a brand of Mei Tai. I think there are also some WAHM on here that make mei tai's.

challmeyeralways
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
With the type of fabric that I used, I do not think there would be a weight limit. It was not a stretchy material and it is strong. I could still carry him (actually I did last week just to show a friend how) if I wanted to. The last time I used it for a long period of time was on a hike... we were hiking in the Yosemite area and I carried my then four year old 3/4 of the way. (his asthma was acting up)
So long as you spread the fabric around evenly (not bunched or twisted in one area) it distributes the weight VERY nicely and does not cause discomfort at all!

I just pulled up a new tab for the babywearer... I think I will spend some time over there :-)

marthathecakelady
02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I bought a Kenyan wrap called a Kanga at a friend's Harambee (fundraising effort for an adoption). The women of Kenya use them to carry their babies. I am going to give it a try. I still want to get a SSC though.

jc12551
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Had a crappy night with DS crying half of it for no apparent reason. The weather changed so I have a crushing headache and am dizzy/sick. I just crawled out of bed b/c DH came home *****ing because I was still in bed. This is after I just explained to him how it took me 20 minutes this morning and two blackouts to get DS some juice from the kitchen. And how I had to crawl down the hall to unlock the door for DS1 (who forgot his key) when he came home from school at lunch time. I sat in the bathroom and cried. DS1 changed his brother's diaper and fed him some lunch for me. At least somebody cares!! And DH is in bed taking a nap. sheesh. If I thought I could safely drive to my MW appoint without DH I would!

Rant over

I have a ring sling that I made, but I never liked it. I love my Moby, my BabyHawk, and my Becco Butterfly for different reasons. Unfortunately, DS didn't like being word past a few months. I don't even know what storage tote they are in right now!

pkaskaggs
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I'v made mei teis and they are SUPER EASY! You can find good directions, too.

BTW, if anyone wants a solid khaki kozy karrier, I THINK a mama here is selling one at the consignment sale next month for like $20!!! She couldn't sell it last fall for that, IDK why. I almost bought it then, but I wasn't preggo. There are always nice used ergos there, too. We live in a super-crunchy small town- LOL! So maybe I should take orders b4 the sale!

i'd be interested in buying an ergo if you come across a good deal :)

jc12551
02-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I finally heard the heartbeat today!!!! 159 bpm. The MW was having to chase the bean around and around to do a count. I didn't have her go get DH or DS to hear. I let it be my special moment. My urine dip came back bad. I am now on pediatric rehydration fluid with an appointment for a recheck and possible iv next week.

Six weeks until the U/S!!!

amandajiggles
02-24-2012, 08:40 PM
THANKS LADIES! I have worried mostly about running out of fabric.. so thanks for tip on the 6m jemilyon! We are pretty cold here most of the year we get a few REALLY hot times during June-August but for the most part it's rather cool. I want something that would be a happy medium. Stretchy seems like it wouldn't work, and wovens seem strong but would they be warmer in the fall and early winter?

You ladies have motivated me to try and sew myself a nice wrap. That way I can get the best of the fabrics and prints I love and ensure I have enough length that it won't be too short:thumbsup: The sites are great too... I can't wait to have a chance and go through the different styles and options.

I knew I asked in the right place :)

jemilyon
02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
THANKS LADIES! I have worried mostly about running out of fabric.. so thanks for tip on the 6m jemilyon! We are pretty cold here most of the year we get a few REALLY hot times during June-August but for the most part it's rather cool. I want something that would be a happy medium. Stretchy seems like it wouldn't work, and wovens seem strong but would they be warmer in the fall and early winter?

You ladies have motivated me to try and sew myself a nice wrap. That way I can get the best of the fabrics and prints I love and ensure I have enough length that it won't be too short:thumbsup: The sites are great too... I can't wait to have a chance and go through the different styles and options.

I knew I asked in the right place :)
:lostit: for wrapping!!!!!

I might consider making my own as well, but the resale value is not there if you do that. You may put a decent amount of money into good woven fabric and time into sewing it and you will never see the investment again!

Both wraps I have bought I was able to sell for almost as much as I purchased them for! That's my only reservation to making my own. I'm always thinking like that since we are pretty much a one income family for now!

eta: They do make wool wraps! :thumbsup:

andyoly82
02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Lightening crotch.... I hate this. Just saying I could live without it.

Wraps: I have a pocket sling. I want a Moby and a Ergo. I plan on making a meitei. I want the ergo now because DS will still fit in it for awhile.

How's everyone out there feeling???

Today is the last day my in laws are here!! We are meet them for breakfast and then that's it. I survived, just barely. If that woman calls my son (mason) "Mase" one more time I'm going to smack her. Does she not hear me correctly say his name every time she says that?????

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Have you told her that everytime she calls him that you can't help but think of long walks in the dark and avoiding rape and muggings!??? .... maybe it would work?

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Oh I forgot.... went to an appointment yesterday. Heard a heart beat in the 160s. :) yay!

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
K- So I am really excited.... I just ordered 2 Hot Milk and 1 Cake Lingerie Nursing Bras!! :) And one of the Hot Milk ones I got a matching pair of underwear! LOL. In my whole 37 years I have never had a matching bra and underwear set! I am so excited!! They actually had my size! and so pretty!!! I can not wait to get them!!!

If you have never signed up with Zulily and want to check it out... please use my link because if you end up buying something.... even at a later event I still get $15 credit....

http://www.zulily.com/invite/mhaley657

jemilyon
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
K- So I am really excited.... I just ordered 2 Hot Milk and 1 Cake Lingerie Nursing Bras!! :) And one of the Hot Milk ones I got a matching pair of underwear! LOL. In my whole 37 years I have never had a matching bra and underwear set! I am so excited!! They actually had my size! and so pretty!!! I can not wait to get them!!!

If you have never signed up with Zulily and want to check it out... please use my link because if you end up buying something.... even at a later event I still get $15 credit....

http://www.zulily.com/invite/mhaley657

Ooh!! Those are sooo sexy!! Ty for sharing! I stalked there site when I had dd buy was too cheap to fork out the dough!!

andyoly82
02-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Have you told her that everytime she calls him that you can't help but think of long walks in the dark and avoiding rape and muggings!??? .... maybe it would work?

I wish!! Ugh so annoying!!

Yay for pretty bras and panties. I have an obsession... I told DH that I wanted sexy nursing bras and them showed him a picture of a pretty one and a regular one. He agreed that it's worth the money lol. I found that there is a line at JC penny that has über sexy ones for around $20 :)

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
aren't they pretty! :) I am so excited!! LOL. I am a hard size to find in stores.... so hopefullly these fit. If they don't .... I am wearing them anyway!! LOL

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey Andrea- do you know what size they carry? Most stores don't carry anything in stock over a DD. and even those can be hard to find in 36. ugh!

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
yep just looked on their site.... i am out of luck with them. LOL. The black lace one is very pretty though!!

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
The Hot Milk thing at zulilly actually has a 36H for 21.99! That is a rockin price for a lovely bra!

jc12551
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I would love to have some gorgeous nursing bras with this one! I bought four from Motherhood that fell apart within three months and then I bought a bunch of the cotton unlined ones from WalMart. They fit and work fine but are not very sexy!

I went to church today since I was the dean on duty and had to. During communion I had a nervous breakdown because I was so dizzy I couldn't participate in the foot washing. There was no place to sit down after DH was done with me and I blacked out in the floor. I took DS2 to the mother's room crying. The pastor and his wife were in there with their DGD. The wife just held me and rocked me. I was mortified, but I needed it. I didn't feel better physically, but mentally I do. Being sick/dizzy/dehydrated is frustrating.

Christina
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I went to church today since I was the dean on duty and had to. During communion I had a nervous breakdown because I was so dizzy I couldn't participate in the foot washing. There was no place to sit down after DH was done with me and I blacked out in the floor. I took DS2 to the mother's room crying. The pastor and his wife were in there with their DGD. The wife just held me and rocked me. I was mortified, but I needed it. I didn't feel better physically, but mentally I do. Being sick/dizzy/dehydrated is frustrating.

Oh mama, I'm so sorry. I understand your frustration and I cannot imagine blacking out at church but that was so sweet of your pastor's wife, sometimes even as moms we need someone to hold us for a little while.
I hope your feeling better soon.

I would LOVE a pretty nursing bra but they don't have any in my size. 44DD sucks. I'm going to be pulling out my old Bravado's and see how they are holding up and if I need to buy any new ones. I had to laugh when I saw the panties. I'm a granny panty girl for sure, I cannot handle anything that sits that low it would drive me nuts.

Went shopping for a little while today with my sister, my mom and the kids. I wanted to buy a new laptop, had the money and everything but they were sold out of what I wanted....so frustrating.
I did get my oldest some really great clothes for a great deal at Kohls and some new makeup at Bare Esscentials. Missing my honey and wishing he could come home soon. I'm also making some chile verde again for our chili cook-off at church tomorrow.

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
DUDE! Christina- did you see the pretty white lace or black lace Lamaze ones? they are only like 9.99 or something.... and they still have your size and like one other size left in stock in those!! Search for this "White Lace Underwire Maternity & Nursing Bra"

or go to these search results.... http://www.zulily.com/search?q=44dd

Christina
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
DUDE! Christina- did you see the pretty white lace or black lace Lamaze ones? they are only like 9.99 or something.... and they still have your size and like one other size left in stock in those!! Search for this "White Lace Underwire Maternity & Nursing Bra"

or go to these search results.... http://www.zulily.com/search?q=44dd

Thank you!! I didn't even see those! I just bought the last one! :lostit:

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
That was a steal! hope it works for ya! Can't even get ugly bras for that cheap! LOL

Don't forget you have free shipping for any other orders for the day.... lol.... dangerous!

jakeysmama
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
The Hot Milk thing at zulilly actually has a 36H for 21.99! That is a rockin price for a lovely bra!

Oooo that's awesome! I'm a 36E and can never find anything. I am just always nervous with zulily since you can't return anything. I ordered a few bras from there last year and they didn't fit :( But, it was a different brand. Let us know how you like those Hot Milk ones and I will stalk for them to be listed again :)

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
They do have that brand a lot it seems and also have some fairly regularly when they have the clearance events the sizes are just really random. sort of like the lamaze ones right now! lol

That was the one thing I was nervous about ordering them.... but it is hard to return bras anywhere online anyway.... and the price was really good!

marthathecakelady
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Hey Sarah- if you still have those 36Es..... lol..... you should tell me how much you want for them..... :)

wait- were they too small or too big.....

jemilyon
02-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Oooh! Just saw Im approved for co ops! (squeal!). Now im just waiting on swaps. I had no idea these layers existed before a couple wks ago!!!

jakeysmama
02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Hey Sarah- if you still have those 36Es..... lol..... you should tell me how much you want for them..... :)

wait- were they too small or too big.....

They were too small. I'd say they were more like a 36DD. :( But I do still have them in hopes that at some point the girls may shrink a bit and I can wear them

jakeysmama
02-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Hey Ladies! Silly question...I buy/drink milk that is pasteurized, but non-homogenized. For whatever reason, I was suddenly worried that this may not be safe during pregnancy. Does anyone know if it is? I would think its ok since it is pasteurized. But please correct me if I am wrong!

Oh, and I saw someone mention something about papaya capsules for heartburn. Do they really work? I am already on a prescription for it but the heartburn lately is killing me! How many do you take? Where do you get them? Thx!

Off to take my little guy swimming (indoors, its freezing here!). :)

jc12551
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Homogenized only means the fat and flavors from different cows is distributed evenly. Should be perfectly ok :)

Woke up feeling some better today. Which is good since I have six research papers due by midnight :(

radmamma
02-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey Ladies! Silly question...I buy/drink milk that is pasteurized, but non-homogenized. For whatever reason, I was suddenly worried that this may not be safe during pregnancy. Does anyone know if it is? I would think its ok since it is pasteurized. But please correct me if I am wrong!

Oh, and I saw someone mention something about papaya capsules for heartburn. Do they really work? I am already on a prescription for it but the heartburn lately is killing me! How many do you take? Where do you get them? Thx!

Off to take my little guy swimming (indoors, its freezing here!). :)

I'm sure homogenized is completely fine.

I used the papaya capsules last go around and they worked better than nothing at all. I didn't want to take any "real" meds so I tried it. The best combo for me was papaya and (you're going to think I'm nuts) mustard. The mustard was painful. But it could cure a flaring heartburn in about 2 mins for me.

When I first swallowed the teaspoon of mustard, it was awful. I felt despair, pain, and remorse. But, after a few mins- I felt fine.

I just took 2 papaya capsules when I didn't think I could keep the mustard down...

momomom
02-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi, All!

Despite doing well overall, I'm wishing I could excercise more. One, I'm tired. 2, I feel really weak and shaky if I overdo it even a tiny bit.

I hate to rant, but this weekend I'm upset because dh's siblings are planning a 40th wedding anniversary for my IL's for next Christmas... of course their anniversary has to be at Christmas. Dh has a BAD memory, but he had promised me when we were going to conceive that we would stay home this next holiday season. I'm basically mad. Right now I am working on convincing them all to go with Kansas for the location and not San Antonio, as I will drive some hourse, but not 15!!! with a 4 month old baby. Other sibs agree so I'm pretty sure I'll win that. (Plus I have family there, so it would be 2 birds with 1 stone.) But then there will be the BUDGET. ALL FOUR OF HIS SIBS ARE REEEEEEEEALLY wealthy, and dh is embarrassed to let them know that we are not even close to in their league. We just had a 60th Bday party for his mom 1.5 years ago and a 60th Bday party for his dad (WHICH WAS HUGE) 2.5 years ago. I'm just sorta sick of how fancy their celebrations have to be. For heaven's sake, let's make a nice meal and be together. That's what's important!!!

Rant over.

My house is a mess. Guess I need to go do some yoga and then clean up a little.

MrsD
02-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Any one interested in being friends on FB or in a FB group? I find it so easy to lose track in the weekly threads :giggle2:

tazzae
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Any one interested in being friends on FB or in a FB group? I find it so easy to lose track in the weekly threads :giggle2:

Once we 'go public' I would. Until then I'm steering clear of FB.

myall4him2
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I'd prefer to stay here tbh :blush:

marthathecakelady
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Oh Heather- got the headband! thank you for sending the donater a reminder. My DD wore it it to school and loves it! :) I made her buy it from me though! Hopefully she will take better care of it since it cost her 3 bucks! so thanks! :D

myall4him2
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Wonderful!! :yay:

marthathecakelady
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
My husband was a little miffed that I didn't charge her the full amount I paid. LOL. But..... what was I going to do with a cutey girlie headband if she couldn't afford it! :giggle2:

jc12551
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi, All!

Despite doing well overall, I'm wishing I could excercise more. One, I'm tired. 2, I feel really weak and shaky if I overdo it even a tiny bit.

I hate to rant, but this weekend I'm upset because dh's siblings are planning a 40th wedding anniversary for my IL's for next Christmas... of course their anniversary has to be at Christmas. Dh has a BAD memory, but he had promised me when we were going to conceive that we would stay home this next holiday season. I'm basically mad. Right now I am working on convincing them all to go with Kansas for the location and not San Antonio, as I will drive some hourse, but not 15!!! with a 4 month old baby. Other sibs agree so I'm pretty sure I'll win that. (Plus I have family there, so it would be 2 birds with 1 stone.) But then there will be the BUDGET. ALL FOUR OF HIS SIBS ARE REEEEEEEEALLY wealthy, and dh is embarrassed to let them know that we are not even close to in their league. We just had a 60th Bday party for his mom 1.5 years ago and a 60th Bday party for his dad (WHICH WAS HUGE) 2.5 years ago. I'm just sorta sick of how fancy their celebrations have to be. For heaven's sake, let's make a nice meal and be together. That's what's important!!!

Rant over.

My house is a mess. Guess I need to go do some yoga and then clean up a little.
That is crazy! I know how you feel: My DH's family was planning a big reunion this summer. I organized everything where it would be split equally and be within driving distance since we have two kids. So much arguing that we backed out. His sister who is 30 and still in college (BS, MS, and now PhD in piano--tell me what is she going to do with that?) was giving us the most grief.

DH announced to me on Saturday that he is going to his high school reunion in mid October instead. I am due the end of August. I told him I wouldn't drive from TN to MI with a 1.5 month old baby. He said we would fly :banghead: uhhh...what makes him think we can afford this anyway? I don't get ANY maternity leave, much less time off to go to a high school reunion! Silly, silly man.

MommyKeller0107
02-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Jessica, I am in TN! :wave:

girlichick
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM

I am not "out" on Facebook yet either but if we made it a closed group, I would be in! If it is closed, no one can see that you are in it or what you post. :)

jakeysmama
02-27-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm sure homogenized is completely fine.

I used the papaya capsules last go around and they worked better than nothing at all. I didn't want to take any "real" meds so I tried it. The best combo for me was papaya and (you're going to think I'm nuts) mustard. The mustard was painful. But it could cure a flaring heartburn in about 2 mins for me.

When I first swallowed the teaspoon of mustard, it was awful. I felt despair, pain, and remorse. But, after a few mins- I felt fine.

I just took 2 papaya capsules when I didn't think I could keep the mustard down...

Mustard! Oh my, that sounds so painful. I can't usually even eat mustard on food because its too acidic for me.

jc12551
02-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Jessica, I am in TN! :wave:

Cool!! :wave: