PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still waiting on LO arrival?

Djrose
05-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Im due on the 30th so only a few more days "hopefully" Im still praying for a successful VBAC but my dr said she "had" to schedule a repeat cs at 41 weeks which will be June 6th (if I decide to go). I've had slight progress as of my last appt. 2cm and soft. I've been trying to coax her out with walking, sex, stairs, birth ball but apparently my belly is awfully comfy as DS didnt want to come out either! LOL I have had very strong Braxton hicks that come every evening but dont stick around more then a couple hours. I've also been a bit nauseous the last few days and more exhausted then usual, as well as having some bad pain, like spasms around like where my bladder would be. Its very sharp, and localized.. I will be asking about that tomorrow as its not bad enough to warrant a trip to the er and baby is as active as ever!

If any momma's are still waiting around like me I send you happy labor dust! And all you momma's that have their LO in their arms Congrats!!

sunyflwr
05-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Im due on the 30th so only a few more days "hopefully" Im still praying for a successful VBAC but my dr said she "had" to schedule a repeat cs at 41 weeks which will be June 6th (if I decide to go). I've had slight progress as of my last appt. 2cm and soft. I've been trying to coax her out with walking, sex, stairs, birth ball but apparently my belly is awfully comfy as DS didnt want to come out either! LOL I have had very strong Braxton hicks that come every evening but dont stick around more then a couple hours. I've also been a bit nauseous the last few days and more exhausted then usual, as well as having some bad pain, like spasms around like where my bladder would be. Its very sharp, and localized.. I will be asking about that tomorrow as its not bad enough to warrant a trip to the er and baby is as active as ever!

If any momma's are still waiting around like me I send you happy labor dust! And all you momma's that have their LO in their arms Congrats!!

Can't you get induced and see if you progress before just going in for a repeat section? I was a high risk VBAC, and my peri cleared me for an induction of rupturing membranes/pitocin if I hadn't gone into labor naturally.

Ultimately, I hope you go into labor in your own and get your VBAC! Good luck!

Djrose
05-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Can't you get induced and see if you progress before just going in for a repeat section?

None of the hospitals around that I have found allow induction with vbac's Though my dr did try sweeping my membranes at the last visit and I will ask to try again tomorrow. I also plan on seeing if we could possibly try breaking my water first but Im not sure if that falls under the policy or not either.

me_just_me
05-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I hope she decides to come soon so you don't have to have a c-section. Sending lots of labor vibes your way!

aubreyaks
05-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Hypnobabies has a mp3 track called "come out baby" that you can add to your routine ;) My babe is finally here (born on Tuesday), but I had a lot of the same as what you are describing. I thought she was never going to come out!!! Happy labor vibes your way!

swinega
05-28-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm still waiting. I was due on Saturday. As of Friday I was still closed. I'm also going for a vbac but they aren't even talking c/s at all. I can go to 42 weeks as long as everything is fine and at that point they are comfortable with some sort of induction. No c/s unless absolutely necessary.. I've been having the same pain you described also.

jessca06
05-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm still waiting for this little guy to arrive. My due date was 5/25.

Liadan23
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
yup, still waiting. i was due 5/27. i'm having all the same symptoms you're describing. including the contractions ramping up every evening, only to wake up in the morning after a very restful, contraction-less sleep and not having them start up again until night time. they have been getting stronger and sometimes painful though. but nothing regular, and they always stop when i go to bed.

me_just_me
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I hope you ladies still waiting will have labor start very soon!

jessca06
05-29-2012, 01:20 PM
yup, still waiting. i was due 5/27. i'm having all the same symptoms you're describing. including the contractions ramping up every evening, only to wake up in the morning after a very restful, contraction-less sleep and not having them start up again until night time. they have been getting stronger and sometimes painful though. but nothing regular, and they always stop when i go to bed.

Yes! This is exactly what is happening with me too! I have a few sometimes during the day as well, but nothing regular. This is weird for me because I didn't have any noticeable contractions at all when I was pregnant with my first child until I was actually in labor.

jenni_michelle
05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Today is my EDD and I'm still pregnant! I'm having basically everybody above is too! It definitely feels like it's never going to happen. I just want to meet this lil' one... c'mon babies!

jesscorine
05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
41/1 here, trying to wait patiently...but this is baloney! :)

mariamommy
05-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I am still waiting. :P. 42 weeks and 2 days here. The thread I wrote on the pregnancy section of this board has my updates, I am 4 hrs from home, doc dilated my cervix w/ the foley bulb to 4cm and I am having sporatic very small contractions. Baby is not engaged yet so cervix is still about 1.5 in long. :( would love for labor to start soon.

me_just_me
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Maria - I hope the contractions pick up and today is THE day for you! Or at least tomorrow! :giggle:

Djrose
05-31-2012, 07:19 PM
I hope everyone else has had their LO or will shortly. Baby girl arrived on Tuesday! :)

mariamommy
06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I will be 43 weeks tomorrow. *whistling away*....feelin like I am gonna be pregnant f.o.r.e.v.e.r!!!

Plan is for doc to break my water on Monday morning unless these little contractions I keep feeling turn into the real thing before then.

me_just_me
06-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Wow! 43 weeks! I'm surprised your doc has let you go that long. Most seem to get antsy once you go past a week.

Hope labor starts soon for you!

It is so weird to think that your due date was before mine, but I've got an almost 4 week old! I can't imagine still being pregnant, and Ashlyn still being inside!

vmomma
06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
I will be 43 weeks tomorrow. *whistling away*....feelin like I am gonna be pregnant f.o.r.e.v.e.r!!!

Plan is for doc to break my water on Monday morning unless these little contractions I keep feeling turn into the real thing before then.

Wow! You have some serious patients!

247mom
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Praying for you, Maria! :hugs: You are doing a great job waiting and growing your baby and I am praying you can get your VBAC!! Please be careful about getting water broken if baby's head is still high, not trying to worry you just something to consider. Praying everything works out well for you all :hugs: !!!

mariamommy
06-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Hey gals, just an update.* Doc checked me and baby out this morning and he is not comfortable breaking my water at this point because his head is too high (station +3 or higher, he could barely feel my cervix it was so high).* We even looked at baby via u/s and he's OP.

So I am having a cesarean around noon today.

Please don't anybody judge my decision or suggest I do anything else.* I really feel like baby has been communicating this whole week that he isn't coming out despite walking for literally miles this past week.* I am only dilated because the foley bulb blew it open some.

I still appreciate your support, I really feel like I have done everything in my situation to make it work and for some reason, its just not going to happen.

babylove921
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Yea for you Maria. I think your awesome.

247mom
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Yay, Maria!!! You get to meet your precious LO today!!! I will be praying the c/s goes well and you have an easy recovery!! Don't feel like you failed in any way at all!!! You are awesome, mama :hugs:

lovebabies
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey, Maria! I just popped on here for a minute to check on you! :) How exciting you get to meet your baby today! I've been thinking and praying for you lots. You know your body, and you can make the best decision for you. I agree with everyone else...you are awesome and amazing! Can't wait to see your LO!

magdalynaa
06-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Maria, nobody would dream of judging you for your decision! You have been more patient than I can ever imagine. Get that baby out however you have to and then enjoy your new squishy! You've earned it!!!

me_just_me
06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Maria - Hope your c-section goes smoothly! How exciting that you finally get to meet your little one! Sorry you don't get the birth you wanted :hugs: But I agree, breaking your water is not a good thing to do right now. I guess your LO just really likes it in there and doesn't want to come out!

Looking forward to your update when your LO arrives!

tygr2410
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry the vbac didn't work out, but I hope there is peace in knowing you did everything you could. Prayers for a quick recovery and healthy babe!

edens_mom
06-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm proud of you making the best decision for your LO you can! I am pro VBAC all the way but a 43 week floating baby is just not cooperative. I hope you're holding him by now! :hugs:

mysticmomma1879
06-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Congrats mama! Hey gals, just an update.* Doc checked me and baby out this morning and he is not comfortable breaking my water at this point because his head is too high (station +3 or higher, he could barely feel my cervix it was so high).* We even looked at baby via u/s and he's OP.

Please don't anybody judge my decision or suggest I do anything else.* I really feel like baby has been communicating this whole week that he isn't coming out despite walking for literally miles this past week.* I am only dilated because the foley bulb blew it open some.

I still appreciate your support, I really feel like I have done everything in my situation to make it work and for some reason, its just not going to happen.
Congrats mama! Hope you are holding lo right now!

mommyria2
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Maria, nobody would dream of judging you for your decision! You have been more patient than I can ever imagine. Get that baby out however you have to and then enjoy your new squishy! You've earned it!!!

Yeah this. You did everything you could. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You're a great mama and I wish you a speedy recovery.

CM6755
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey gals, just an update.* Doc checked me and baby out this morning and he is not comfortable breaking my water at this point because his head is too high (station +3 or higher, he could barely feel my cervix it was so high).* We even looked at baby via u/s and he's OP.

Good for you! Nobody should ever tell you the decision you have made is wrong...

Your story/thread has been very inspiring to me as I am battling with what to do...VBAC or CSECT....or another option, labor then head to OR for a section....

I wish you the very best and cannot wait to hear updates!

swinega
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Yay Maria!! So happy you get to meet your little one today!! I have been thinking about you :-) hope everything went smoothly and you are snuggling your baby now!!

Djrose
06-04-2012, 04:11 PM
congrats maria on finally meeting your LO! :)

vmomma
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Your amazing mama!! Happy Birth day ;)