PDA

View Full Version : Look What I made!!!!!

iKim
05-03-2007, 08:22 AM
This was soooo fun.....I just finished these....whatcha' think?:lostit: I added 2 more blankets to the thread...the fishy and the pink with green flowers....do you like?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/May2007001.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/a009.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/May2007114.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/May2007007.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/May2007006.jpg

oh, and the fishy one has a tiny little pillow fishy for the little one you rub or hold.....:giggle:
I know I can't sell blankets with tags, but do you think these are nice enough to start a lovey business.....maybe a hyena cart? These two blankets are 35" by 35" I can make them any size though.....

cuddlebug
05-03-2007, 08:46 AM
very cute, I like the rainbow edging.

MyCrazy8
05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
I like them!! My girls would LOVE the princess one!

mommy21princess
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I think they're VERY cute too.

Jcrsmom
05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Nice!! We love satin binding here:))
This was soooo fun.....I just finished these....whatcha' think?:lostit:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/May2007001.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/kim123321/a009.jpg

I know I can't sell blankets with tags, but do you think these are nice enough to start a lovey business.....maybe a hyena cart? These two blankets are 35" by 35" I can make them any size though.....

Wishing4
05-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I just want to give a word of caution. My first son loved tags and would play with the ones on anything. Twice he twisted a ribbon or a tag around his finger so tight that the end of his finger turned really red. Once he had marks on his finger from it for over a week. (He stuck his finger through the loop and then twisted the stuffed animal or blanket around and around) After the second time, I clipped every looped tag in half. He could still rub the tags but he wouldn't hurt himself again.

ETA: I love blankets with satin edging though. And yours with the satin back is just so very pretty.

marymom
05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
we love "edgie" blankies!!! slik "edgies" rock!!! :giggle: nice job Kim!!!

gorlitsa
05-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Be careful! Soon they'll start coming after us just for MAKING blankets!:rolleyes:

2under2
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
those are cute i like the multi color ... why can't you sell them? does someone have a patent on taggy blankets?? :headscratch:

kocho
05-04-2007, 02:22 PM
those are cute i like the multi color ... why can't you sell them? does someone have a patent on taggy blankets?? :headscratch:

Yes, I think so. I've heard it talked about before and they really watch out for copies.

Weezy6703
05-04-2007, 02:39 PM

I found this earlier today when reading this post.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/sewing/msg1016373325204.html

iKim
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
bumping for new blankets I made....shameless I know.:blush:

RachelFlores
05-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Those are very pretty! I love the fish pillow, great idea!:goodvibes:

kulaswifeandmama
05-18-2007, 06:58 AM
I love the fishy one!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes: Great job!!

dirtdartwife
05-18-2007, 07:14 AM
my kids would be all over the fish and princess blankets. Those are really nice!

CharmedMekare
05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Awesome job mama. I love the fishy one.

-Blair-
05-18-2007, 10:51 AM
How CUTE! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the rainbow edge ... but then again, Im rainbow obsessed. :lostit:

Shannon
05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Those are so super cute.

Persikka
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
:thumbsup: I :loveit: the fishies blanket!!

Do you use a special foot for these? I tried making a boston redsox one last summer and the satin edging stuff kept shifting!

mamaofthreeboys
05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
beautiful blankies :)

JeDeeLenae
05-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I really like it. I'd buy one... Aren't those different from Taggies? I thought Taggies had them all around the blanket. Wht if you did like a previous poster mentioned cutting the ends and having the ribbons just like a fringe... would that get around the patent?

myajdw
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
OMG! i LOVE that fishy one!!!!!! :lostit: :loveit:

mommy2kaitlyn
05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I really like it. I'd buy one... Aren't those different from Taggies? I thought Taggies had them all around the blanket. Wht if you did like a previous poster mentioned cutting the ends and having the ribbons just like a fringe... would that get around the patent?

I was just reading about this and found a copy and paste of the patent on it. Now I haven't read the whole thing but here is the part that is interesting.

"An interactive security blanket for children comprises two fabric sheets sewn together to provide a blanket body. One of the sheets preferably has a colorful children's pattern or design, while the other is provided in a complimentary solid color. Additionally, a plurality of spaced-apart ribbon loops, or "tags," are attached to the four edges of the blanket body, and extend out therefrom. The lengths of ribbon comprising the tags are looped from and back into the seam between the pieces of fleece, and are firmly attached at that seam. The tags are provided in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures, e.g., they may be wide, thin, silky, textured, bright-colored, pastel, shiny, solid, and/or provided with fabric prints suitable for children. The tags function as a means for providing sensory stimulation for children via the children's passive (ocular) or active (tactile) interaction with the pillow or blanket."

Notice it says two layers! I don't know if this blanket in this post has one or two layers but it looks to be fleece so it could be done with just one :) Also the patent says specifically one layer is solid! Make both prints! :) And ribbon on all 4 sides. Put it on one and you should be fine.

I am not attorney but from what I was told by a very smart attorney friend is you have to have more than a certain percentage changed. I forget what it is now I got this info about a different product. I think it is 10%. So if you make both prints and only do one side you should be fine. That is changing 50%.

Also if you notice from the Taggies site that Taggies does not have satin binding all around. So that is another difference. Even these little things add up and will/should keep you safe.

Now to keep it safe from others doing to either apply for a patent or do a poor man's one. Which has something about mailing the directions with the date and all on it to yourself certified mail and don't open the envelope. When you have money you can apply. I never asked my friend about this so I don't know if it still works today.

They could still fight you on it but you will have a leg to stand on :) Also try and name it without the word tag in it :) Not like they can keep your from doing that but it might help.

I am adding this.. I just noticed that the backing fabric is not fleece! That is a huge thing to. It says fleece in the patent. And again the ribbons on one side with the satin binding on the others. I would think it wouldn't fall under the patent. :)

Either way they are adorable!

Hugs,
Alisha

Shadowwolf549
05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I :loveit: the Fishy one! Too cute!!!

mommy2kaitlyn
05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
WOw, thanks!

So here are my differences....
the satin edges on 3 sides, one side of loopie~doopies, one side is fleece and the other is satin.....

also, these are 35" by 35"

I also want to make it clear, that I am not going to sell these WITH TAGS....incase anyone is interested in them....:spit: I dont wanna get sued....:giggle: I am going to ask a lawyer friend of mine in CO to look over the patent......and look over my product.....:goodvibes:

Yep those are the differences. The size I don't think would really matter. Because they make them in a few different sizes.
I would definitely ask an attorney about it! I mean their patent specifically states loops on all sides and the fleece for both layers! So I don't get how yours would be covered under that patent.
I understand not wanting to be sued. If court fees wouldn't break me I would test them in a heartbeat because my attorney friend would do it for free! She gets a rush going after large companies that deserve being set straight as she puts it. :lostit:

Little Bear Momma
05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Can I buy the fish one? I love that! Great thinking momma! You could do the flower one that way too...let's see taggies go after you for that! I think you may have found your niche!